REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-13-2024, 05:09 PM   #5901
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Hahaha.

As soon as I saw the news, I thought about coming here to see RS crazy lefties replies.

You guys did not disappoint.

“Staged” seems to be the first thought going through your mind?!

This is how fucked up your mind is when it comes to politics. You can no longer reason as a person.

No condemnation of violence whatsoever.

Heck, I’d feel bad and worry about violence if it was my neighbor’s dog getting shot at with BBs. Let alone a former president seeking reelection.

Where did the human side of you all go?!
Trump is easily on my short list of people who I hope die. Nothing wrong with my mind, I just think he's a child molesting, raping lying waste of human space one which the world would be much better without.

And if it's staged, why would I care about any of the above? If it wasn't real there's nothing to condemn is there?

Oh yah someone brought a gun in to shoot at a teleprompter. That makes soooo much sense. Totally logical.
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #5902
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Hahaha.

As soon as I saw the news, I thought about coming here to see RS crazy lefties replies.

You guys did not disappoint.

“Staged” seems to be the first thought going through your mind?!

This is how fucked up your mind is when it comes to politics. You can no longer reason as a person.

No condemnation of violence whatsoever.

Heck, I’d feel bad and worry about violence if it was my neighbor’s dog getting shot at with BBs. Let alone a former president seeking reelection.

Where did the human side of you all go?!
Just like the election was rigged.
Old 07-13-2024, 05:55 PM   #5903

My bet is it was his wife who put out the hit. She is still pissed he confused her with his side chick Mercedes.

Old 07-13-2024, 06:31 PM   #5904
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Who the fuck thinks to tell their agents hold on a second to pump their first after getting hit by whatever in the head.

Full on 80’s action hero, this is so staged and I’m not joking.
Not only that, he was yelling "FIGHT" (not vote btw)

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 06:36 PM   #5905
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,146 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
how did Kennedy get head shot in a moving car and Trump get a graze

#conspiracy
Apparently an AR-style gun which isn't very accurate from a distance.

Twitter is doing great with the jokes tonight.
Old 07-13-2024, 06:37 PM   #5906
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Guys. Two people are dead. I seriously doubt this was staged.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 06:52 PM   #5907

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
What if reality is staged? :taps forehead:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2024, 07:38 PM   #5908

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
As much as I loathe Trump and think the world would be a much better place without him in it, him dying like this and becoming a martyr wouldn't be good. Even this is likely to kick some things off. He doesn't deserve to go out in such a memorable way anyways.

Quote:
Crisis actors /Alex Jones

Really though this is probably the weakest of all the reasons to say it was staged, human lives don't have much value to people like him.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 07:47 PM   #5909
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Unless proven, how can you guys say otherwise. Isn't this a classic case or innocent until guilty?

This is a slippery slope. We are just going to pass judgement without any evidence now?

This is straight conspiracy nonsense. Flat earthers entering the chat.

I get it, Trump is a doorknob, but we are just going to assume things now and facts don't matter anymore?

The guys here who are saying this is faked without any evidence is sounding like Alex Jones.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 07:53 PM   #5910
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
I was watching it unfold as it reached Twitter/X. Who on earth chants/cheers after getting shot at? Literally insane vs senile.
Old 07-13-2024, 08:10 PM   #5911

Quote:
Unless proven, how can you guys say otherwise. Isn't this a classic case or innocent until guilty?

This is a slippery slope. We are just going to pass judgement without any evidence now?

I get it, Trump is a doorknob, but we are just going to assume things now and facts don't matter anymore?

The guys here who are saying this is faked without any evidence is sounding like Alex Jones.
Because we're not a court of law, we're a bunch of jabronis on an internet forum. What we say about "guilty or innocent" (joking or not) doesn't have any consequence, so if someone wants to joke about people like Trump or Putin getting merced, so be it.

We definitely should stop short of making fun of the bystanders who got shot, because they are just random people who got caught up in it.

People acting all precious about this guy are hilarious. This isn't some random dude, or even a random former president. Jesus christ man.
Old 07-13-2024, 08:12 PM   #5912

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
CNN video shows the suspected Trump shooter on a roof:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2024, 08:43 PM   #5913

Secret Service are going to be in a LOT of trouble for not keeping that rooftop clear.. It's the only place a shooter could have gone! 400 feet away! In fact most shooters would probably not even consider it, as it would obviously have Secret Service's own snipers up there already. Out of the entire incident, this is the craziest thing to me. Literally unbelievable.

Old 07-13-2024, 08:45 PM   #5914

Guy saw the shooter minutes before the shooting and then told the secret service and the police. They did not do anything.

Didn't Obama stand behiend BP glass when he did outdoor speeches?
Old 07-13-2024, 08:53 PM   #5915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Guy saw the shooter minutes before the shooting and then told the secret service and the police. They did not do anything.

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1812265909727396107

Old 07-13-2024, 09:34 PM   #5916

Looks like the shooter was wearing a demolition ranch t-shirt. demolition ranch is one of the biggest gun youtubers with over 11 mill followers.
Old 07-13-2024, 10:17 PM   #5917
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Shooter is 20 year old Thomas Michael Crooks

For all you internet sleuths
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 10:17 PM   #5918

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:

To be clear I'm not saying that I think it was faked, hell with how terrible a person Trump is there's certainly no shortage of people who would want to do this, I'm just pointing out that if you're looking for a reason to back up that it wasn't faked then there are much better options.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 11:19 PM   #5919

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Shooter is 20 year old Thomas Michael Crooks

For all you internet sleuths
Registered Republican. I guess he listened to Trump when he said to shoot pedophiles.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2024, 12:16 AM   #5920
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
The craziest part is that a typical clean cut white kid from rural America, who loved guns, was supposedly wearing a t-shirt from a right-wing clothing store, and was a registered Republican, came within half an inch of killing Donald Trump.

I would imagine coming just inches from death has to rattle Trump, and to have it happen among his supporters, who he felt safe among, must have him thinking twice about doing open rallies in rural America.

Good luck to the Secret Service profiling every 20 something white male at Trump events.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 12:19 AM   #5921
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
He did, and so did Bush. Trump would never give a speech behind glass among his supporters; it would make him look weak. I'm sure moving forward he will get additional protection.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 12:43 AM   #5922
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,239 Times in 425 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm not LE, and like the rest of you just watching all this unfold from home.

Funny enough, I just read an in depth examination of recent Secret Service culture/issues/etc last year. It painted a picture of an under budgeted, understaffed, burned out, demoralized, scandal scarred division that often only had sheer luck to prevent disastrous outcomes.

Coles notes: Out of town protective planning/trips were seen as party time with hookers and way too much drinking. Things like broken sensors that didn't get fixed in time were an issue. in 2014 that guy that made it inside the white house, wasn't spotted until he made it to the door of the WH. They also didn't detect shots fired at the white house till they found bullet impacts, again due to sensors not working. The Obamas were livid about this.
During the Trump years, they had to go back to congress to beg for more funds, as Trump's huge family that required protecting required more agents, Trump would charge them market rent for trump tower command center etc, Trump was definitely trying to get the government to pay for as much as he could. During the Obama era, the SS was running more investigations due to increased threats due to the "first Black president" issue.
The trump protectees refused to curtail their overseas trips, so more agents on more trips. This also caused agents to hit the Federal maximum pay limits for thier positions. so many quit to other depts/LE jobs as they didn't want to work for free.
Definitely interesting reading.

So I watched the full video from when the shots came to when he was bundled into the car for evac. A few things stand out.

It seemed like a relatively small team for Trump. Remember, he's not been officially confirmed as the R presidential candidate, he's still the presumptive nominee. I think the R national convention is soon. As a result, the SS isn't authorized with full funding for the protective detail. The threat assessment for Trump is was obviously too low, that's going to change going forward for all the candidates.

I'd say that his current detail is likely his normal ex-president team, and maybe augmented a bit, definitely not the normal current president level protection. As a result, not enough manpower to secure the area as they'd like. Also, SS depends on local LE a lot for outer ring security. For a building outside the immediate venue, that's likely assigned to local LE to secure. There's going to be a LOT of finger pointing in the coming days.

The actual protective actions by the agents looked pretty standard to me. put up a wall of agents/bodies around the protectee, secure in place till they have a secure/safe route, CAT (Counter Assault Team) (the black swat team kitted guys in the video) responds and secures/eliminates the threat, get protectee to the armoured SUV and exfil.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2024, 02:53 AM   #5923
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,764 Times in 826 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Totally not staged

the dead people were a nice touch.

ffs.
Old 07-14-2024, 03:41 AM   #5924

Shooter looks like a human 4chan

This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2024, 04:29 AM   #5925

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
That’s why he missed. No aimbot in real life.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: