REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:52 AM   #576
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 356 Times in 87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
What's going on with Australia? Is China flooding them with cheap goods and materials undercutting their economy?

American GDP nearly doubles Chinese. American total wealth is approximately 3 times that of Chinese. Chinese buying out America. I'd like to think it's the other way around.
In Australia, Chinese money own almost the whole country lol (a bit exaggerated but you get the idea)

As for China buying America, it has nothing to do with GDP. GDP indicates more or less the average wealth of the average citizen. Yes most people in China are still very poor, but the elites and State has money. The Chinese government can buy out Amazon if they wanted to, but you can't band together 100 million Americans to group buy out Taobao. Not to mention China I believe is the largest foreign government owner of American debt at 8%, so it would be relatively easy for them to slowly "buy" out america and not the other way around. In fact, China already owns 8% of america haha, so in reality all this trade war crap is for show for the general public..
Advertisement

Last edited by J____; 07-24-2018 at 08:02 AM.
J____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #577
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,637 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
Not to mention China I believe is the largest foreign government owner of American debt at 8%, so it would be relatively easy for them to slowly "buy" out america and not the other way around. In fact, China already owns 8% of america haha, so in reality all this trade war crap is for show for the general public..
This is both true and not true.

First of all, there isn't really very much China can do even if they buy up all the US Treasury bonds in the world there is to buy. The US literally doesn't have to give a shxt if it doesn't want to because it can pretty much just ignore China on any "threats" related to dumping the treasury bonds. In practical terms, because the sum of Chinese-owned bonds is so ridiculously huge, there is literally nothing else China can buy to park that money.

Even more "deadly" is, those Yankee crooks in Washington, DC has an underhanded backdoor for themselves regarding the treasury bonds. I don't remember the exact details, but in an article that I read, it was said that the US gov can invoke some sort of legal clause to freeze or otherwise invalidate those teasury bonds in the name of national security. It's a dirty tactic, to be sure, but there is absolutely nothing China can do if the US doesn't want to play fair.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #578
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Ivanka Trump shutting down her clothing company. I don't think any American manufacturing jobs will be lost.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/repo...down-1.4026023
Old 07-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #579

CNN has obtained the Trump/Cohen tape.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/polit...ape/index.html

Last edited by Manic!; 07-24-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #580
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
CNN. Trumps greatest ally

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ction-helsinki

Quote:
DONALD Trump’s approval rating has risen since meeting Russia’s leader Vladimir Putin, according to the latest poll result, with his campaign against what he considers “fake news” fuelling the US President's popularity.

A new survey from NBC-Wall Street Journal revealed the US President’s approval rating is at 45 percent, up one point since June marking a new high since his inauguration in January 2017.

Pollster Fred Yang said the increase in Mr Trump's popularity is linked to the media coverage of him.

Mr Yang said: “The more Trump gets criticised by the media, the more his base seems to rally behind him.”
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:11 PM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

http://thehill.com/hilltv/what-ameri...-at-48-percent

Quote:
The poll from American Barometer, a new joint project by Hill.TV and HarrisX, showed that among those who approve of Trump's job performance, 23 percent did so "strongly" while 25 percent did so "somewhat."

The survey also showed 52 percent disapproved of Trump's performance, with 38 percent doing so "strongly" and 14 percent disapproving "somewhat.” The poll was released on Wednesday's edition of the new online video show "What America's Thinking" with Joe Concha.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...states-n894556

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti...+hitler&st=cse
Old 07-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #582

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
So US embassy in Beijing just got bombed apparently.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2018/07/2...bassy-beijing/
Old 07-25-2018, 10:18 PM   #583

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...-huge-12982100

Well trump did start a trade war with China.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:36 AM   #584
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,190 Times in 8,386 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Trump's poll results are low "Haha everyone hates Trump and doesn't want him to be president!"

Trump's poll results go up "Yeah well so did Hitler's"

Learn from Hilary Clinton and Hitler, poll results don't matter. Elections do.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:39 PM   #585

-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 07-28-2018 at 10:49 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2018, 11:35 PM   #586
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I can't believe 3 pages were spent arguing about the N-word, nothing is more amusing than to watch white guys argue why they can't drop the n-bomb when it's used in rap songs, utterly hilarious, but an all too common and boring argument.

Moving on, I think with this Russia meeting we're slowly starting to see the threads start to fray in the Trump administration. It's happening slowly, but I think we'll look back at this time as the turning point, at least I hope.

I do think the left is making a big mistake by demagoguing Russia and Putin too much though. While for sure Russia and Putin are acting as hostile entities, I think it's foolish to try to lay blame of the election results on them. By doing so the left is excusing the rot and decay that is occurring in American politics and its electorate right now.

The problem isn't Russia, the problem is America. It's media, the propaganda, the galvanizing, the racism, the hatred, the rampant white supremacy, there's a real problem with the American electorate right now that needs to be addressed. One can see the possibility of a civil war, Trump will come and go, but his voters will not. I don't understand how people can't figure that part out. So Trump maybe gets impeached, then what? What happens next? You think suddenly half of the country will become progressives?

I'm starting to realize this isn't about Trump anymore, there is literally no negative news or information that will come out to dissuade his supporters, literally nothing. A tape can come out with hookers pissing on his face while he drinks it gleefully, and they will claim it's a fake video, doctored, fake news. None of it matters, this is why he's Teflon.

The reason is because this isn't about Trump, it's about a movement, his supporters are standing for the movement behind him, and not so much the man himself. That's a real problem, and Democrats need to figure out a clear standpoint, a clear agenda for people to get behind and support.

Thus far they haven't, if that doesn't change, they're fucked in 2020. These god damn corporate Dems NEED to go in this coming primary. Here's hoping.
People are standing behind seeing the truths of the collusion of the previous gov, which are corrupt and deep, then seeing those that 'speak for the humane way' destroy themselves and their country (riot and burn baby, go left go), and that more and more people on the left don't know what they are arguining or 'upset' about but look for online high fives, the lack of knowledge is easily online aparent. I see no racism from the big T, but up here in Canada, our leaders grab them by the beaver, not the pussy.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #587
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Failed 25 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
CNN has obtained the Trump/Cohen tape.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 PM   #588

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...e-us-1.4762487
Quote:
In a 2017 essay for a book co-edited by psychiatrists from Harvard Medical School and the Yale School of Medicine, clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning of Evanston, Ill., called the condition "Trump Anxiety Disorder," distinguishing it from a generalized anxiety disorder because "symptoms were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate."

Though not an official diagnosis, the symptoms include feeling a loss of control and helplessness, and fretting about what's happening in the country and spending excessive time on social media, she said.

(Trump and his supporters, for their part, have their own term for a malady they see as afflicting only reactionary, anti-Trump progressives: "Trump Derangement Syndrome.")

Panning said intense consumption of media coverage of this presidency is making some people's Trump-related anxiety worse.

"They say they're wondering what's next," she said.

Trump's appointment of one conservative justice to the Supreme Court and the recent nomination of another has left one of her married lesbian clients "significantly concerned about the legitimacy of their marriage in the future," she said.
-Norm Franz
Old 07-30-2018, 11:43 PM   #589
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
i spend an excessive amount of time scrolling through Manic's memes or news about racists

is there a diagnosis for me?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:24 PM   #590
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
Failed 75 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i spend an excessive amount of time scrolling through Manic's memes or news about racists

is there a diagnosis for me?

wheres Manic's thread about the toronto shooting??????????

Spoiler!
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:28 PM   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post
wheres Manic's thread about the toronto shooting??????????

Spoiler!
Only 2 dead. 5 is the min.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:43 PM   #592

Logo for trumps space force.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:25 PM   #593
GS8

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts

Trump now spatting with the Koch Brothers.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #594
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/01/trum...right-now.html

The president's attacks on the special counsel have escalated in recent weeks. Trump's attorney, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, made headlines on Monday saying that "collusion is not a crime."

iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #595
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Trump two term!!! LOL
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #596
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,128 Times in 1,288 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
trump gonna pull a bradford chow

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #597

Thanked 2,921 Times in 761 Posts
Failed 367 Times in 95 Posts
he's getting scared.. i think his son will be indicted for perjury.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #598

Scared requires a level of humility. Not really part of his repertoire.

Lol@Giuliani. He's really proving himself as the shiny object he's been appointed to be
-Norm Franz
Old 08-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #599

It's great to see the left still don't understand its their own identity politics that brought about the Trump presidency.
Hypocrisy to the level of delusion.
-Norm Franz
Old 08-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #600
GS8

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
So Alex Jones was recently banned from the Internet. I don't really like him though I wonder if he's an alpha performance troll.

I think his banning is pretty fucked up though. Basically tech company collusion between Apple, Youtube, Spotify and Facebook. Apple was the first to ban him and they announced it at 3am. The rest followed shortly after (less than a day).

Being an American citizen, he falls under the First Amendment. So why are the media empires deciding his fate when he hasn't performed any constitutional violation? I used to work in media so this all fascinates me. It's a slippery slope with an Orwellian precedence set to 11.

Sounds to me like MSM is systematically trying to take down alternative news sources as these sources tend to be fact based and without intrusive ads or condescending narratives. People are realizing that MSM are just propaganda arms of big corporations & tech giants who already own the government. It allows the corporations to overstep the government and do the censoring themselves.

Only posting this here because Shaun 'Milky White' King is calling for Trump to be Alex Jones'd off the Internet.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote