REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-15-2024, 01:25 PM   #5976
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
I've spoken to a few firefighters and all of them have said the women on their teams might have the good strength and stamina as new recruits but as time goes on their power decreases as the years go on. They told me in dire situations, they would rather have a male fire fighter by their side.

The fact the SS has different fitness standards for men vs women should be the first red flag. When an Excellent rating for the female is equivalent to a poor or very poor rating on the male side, that's a little sketch.

https://www.secretservice.gov/career...ness-standards
Advertisement
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 01:28 PM   #5977
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,156 Times in 3,637 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
ohhh now we are talking the SS.... my hitlerbox is their ideal ride.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2024, 01:33 PM   #5978
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I've spoken to a few firefighters and all of them have said the women on their teams might have the good strength and stamina as new recruits but as time goes on their power decreases as the years go on. They told me in dire situations, they would rather have a male fire fighter by their side.

The fact the SS has different fitness standards for men vs women should be the first red flag. When an Excellent rating for the female is equivalent to a poor or very poor rating on the male side, that's a little sketch.

You are going to get cancelled by the #MeToo Movement
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2024, 01:41 PM   #5979
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:

Let me guess, those guys don't think their power decreases as they get older? lol such a bro mentality.

Fire department here has adjusted fitness standards to.

Women don't have the same upper body strength as men do.

Does that mean you complete eradicate all the intrinsic value half of society can bring to a position just because they can't do as many push-ups as someone else can?

And again, let me point out, diversity includes race/ethnicity not just sex.

If that's true, why isn't every single Secret Service guy a 6'5" black dude? How come they're all white? You want the biggest and best possible physical applicant right?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2024, 01:47 PM   #5980
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
How come they’re all white? Lol

Probably because I can almost guarantee every single one of them come from high ranking military and private security backgrounds? Which.. of course are predominantly staffed by the aforementioned segment of the population. Where, of course they’ve all received extensive training and experience in the exact scenarios they are hired to perform?

Obviously it’s a trickle down effect to those SS positions, but again, you should probably hiring the most qualified candidate period in those positions as opposed to diversity hires which are not the most competent? Lol

SS isn’t the police etc. it’s an entirely different thing
Old 07-15-2024, 01:51 PM   #5981

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Let me guess, those guys don't think their power decreases as they get older? lol such a bro mentality.

Fire department here has adjusted fitness standards to.

Women don't have the same upper body strength as men do.

Does that mean you complete eradicate all the intrinsic value half of society can bring to a position just because they can't do as many push-ups as someone else can?

And again, let me point out, diversity includes race/ethnicity not just sex.

If that's true, why isn't every single Secret Service guy a 6'5" black dude? How come they're all white? You want the biggest and best possible physical applicant right?
I think there's a difference if you're right at the minimal standard for strength versus someone else who's well above the minimal standard. Of course strength decreases as we age, but that has more to do with hormones. Men have more testosterone.

You're right about the race/ethnicity. The fire captain I see said he has to hire non white males as there's too many white firefighters. He legit told me this. He said, "let me hire the best guy for the job". Whether he's biased or not, he's directed to not hire white guys.
Old 07-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #5982

To be honest, if you're 6'5", I don't care if you're male or female, I feel like the height alone gives you bonus points.

How tall were those female SS agents? 5'5"?
Old 07-15-2024, 01:55 PM   #5983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
ohhh now we are talking the SS.... my hitlerbox is their ideal ride.
I'm wondering if you say hitlerbox only on RS or if you actually say that in the real world... lol
Old 07-15-2024, 02:02 PM   #5984
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
I think there's a difference if you're right at the minimal standard for strength versus someone else who's well above the minimal standard. Of course strength decreases as we age, but that has more to do with hormones. Men have more testosterone.

You're right about the race/ethnicity. The fire captain I see said he has to hire non white males as there's too many white firefighters. He legit told me this. He said, "let me hire the best guy for the job". Whether he's biased or not, he's directed to not hire white guys.
So for shit like this though, Diversity hires actually matter, because let’s face it, firefighter isn’t some sort of prestigious job, it’s actually kind of shit

So if you start hiring people of color, women, etc. you eventually attract great candidates within leadership roles, management, etc. If you simply keep hiring the token white guy who is a “good” firefighter, you continually limit your hiring pool because people are turned off the industry as a whole due to the limited diversity. In this case is absolutely makes sense to make those token hires.

For the SS, I’d argue the opposite is true.
Old 07-15-2024, 02:24 PM   #5985
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Probably because I can almost guarantee every single one of them come from high ranking military and private security backgrounds? Which.. of course are predominantly staffed by the aforementioned segment of the population. Where, of course they’ve all received extensive training and experience in the exact scenarios they are hired to perform?
Yah, they are predominantly staffed by the aforementioned segment of the population... and those industries also have racist and prejudiced hiring policies.

How long ago were black people, for example, not even ALLOWED in the military? 1960 for the marine corp!!! That's only 63 years ago! No shit there's a long ways to catch up.

Be the face of change, not the ass of it.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2024, 02:25 PM   #5986
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Obviously it’s a trickle down effect to those SS positions, but again, you should probably hiring the most qualified candidate period in those positions as opposed to diversity hires which are not the most competent? Lol

SS isn’t the police etc. it’s an entirely different thing
ss does not come strictly from military or private security.

https://www.secretservice.gov/career...qualifications

One guy in the Video was a collage grad the other was a dealership mechanic. You are watching to many movies.

Old 07-15-2024, 02:29 PM   #5987
Performance Moderator

Quote:

You shouldn't get your info from a boomer old fire captain who hates change.

I'd hear the same shit from past their best before date Supernintendos and Inspectors at RCMP too. They just make up these scenarios so they can sit around at the bar and bitch with their buddies about how everything used to be better when they could pour buckets of shit on new recruits and tie them up in a shower or piss all over the restroom and make them clean it up... make REAL MEN out of them so they EARNED their spot.

Absolute dinosaurs, toxic masculinity at its finest. The best thing those guys could possibly do at this point is retire.
Old 07-15-2024, 02:39 PM   #5988

A wise man once told me, trust half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

That being said, the captain I was talking to was less than 40, seemed like a good person and had a very calm demeanor. He was more nuanced when he was talking to me. I don't think anyone would think he was toxic if they met this man.
Old 07-15-2024, 02:51 PM   #5989
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
To be honest, if you're 6'5", I don't care if you're male or female, I feel like the height alone gives you bonus points.

How tall were those female SS agents? 5'5"?
You think size is the only relevant statistic for security? Maybe if you only have a single bodyguard, but the USSS is always a fairly large group. You're going to want a mix of people to be able to deal with different scenarios. Sure you want some strong people to physically move someone, but you'll also want agile people who can react quickly, and smart people who can notice that a giant roof is completely unguarded. If you're only worrying about a direct physical confrontation in a country with ~400M guns you're gonna have a bad time.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2024, 02:53 PM   #5990
Performance Moderator

Quote:
A wise man once told me, trust half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

That being said, the captain I was talking to was less than 40, seemed like a good person and had a very calm demeanor. He was more nuanced when he was talking to me. I don't think anyone would think he was toxic if they met this man.
That honestly doesn't surprise me at all.

I went to firefighter training and completed the physical and written testing. The classroom was full of absolute mouth breathers and they did a massive DO YOU WANT TO BE A HERO? YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE MY FRIENDS pump up speech before literally any testing with people literally going "FUCK YAH" and "WOOO" in response. Like right out of the WWE.

It was not the type of environment that I would expect has a flexibility for changing times.
Old 07-15-2024, 03:09 PM   #5991

Quote:
I'm wondering if you say hitlerbox only on RS or if you actually say that in the real world... lol
Real world. Ask the guys who went on the cruise.
Old 07-15-2024, 03:23 PM   #5992
Performance Moderator

He constantly says it
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2024, 03:42 PM   #5993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Real world. Ask the guys who went on the cruise.
Ahh, a man of integrity. If you ran for office, you'd have my vote on that alone.
Old 07-15-2024, 03:43 PM   #5994

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You think size is the only relevant statistic for security? Maybe if you only have a single bodyguard, but the USSS is always a fairly large group. You're going to want a mix of people to be able to deal with different scenarios. Sure you want some strong people to physically move someone, but you'll also want agile people who can react quickly, and smart people who can notice that a giant roof is completely unguarded. If you're only worrying about a direct physical confrontation in a country with ~400M guns you're gonna have a bad time.
I mean, size does matter, lez be honest.

But yes, I get what you're saying.
Old 07-15-2024, 03:44 PM   #5995
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
Someone might shoot him in the head.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 03:55 PM   #5996
Performance Moderator

Hobz would be the perfect communist party candidate, give all his speeches wearing Patek and drive off in LC500 to McMansion
Old 07-15-2024, 04:26 PM   #5997
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Hobz Guo
Old 07-15-2024, 04:41 PM   #5998

I too am a failed lawyer.

Trololololol. Inequality for all !!!!

Just need to be disbarred a few more times and an office on no3 road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Hobz would be the perfect communist party candidate, give all his speeches wearing Patek and drive off in LC500 to McMansion
Fuck I just realized I’m Richmond personified. I’ve become everything I’ve ever hated….
So anyways about my yacht club membership

Last edited by Badhobz; 07-15-2024 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-15-2024, 08:03 PM   #5999
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,188 Times in 241 Posts
Failed 326 Times in 95 Posts
upsets me so much seeing innocents getting gunned down, even though they are supporting trump...

This is why I avoid crowded areas as much as possible
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 08:36 PM   #6000
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
His name was Corey Comperatore, a retired volunteer Fire Chief from Buffalo Township, PA. When the shots started he pushed his wife and daughter down and shielded them with his body. He took a round to the head, giving his life to save theirs.

There are so many ignorant assumptions and uninformed comments on general security and the Secret Service over the last couple pages I'm not sure where to even start....
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: