REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-17-2024, 06:41 PM   #6026
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
But can she take down a 200lb greased up man? I mean what are her qualifications? Comon! Total DEI hire if you ask me

/s
She used to work for Pepsi. Some real relevant experience I'm sure...
She's known as the defender of cheetos.
Advertisement
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 07:25 PM   #6027
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Bahaha.

First, Biden announces that he’d only quit the race for medical reasons.

Then today they announce that Biden has Covid?!? And he still isn’t wearing any mask.

Interesting timing I’d say.
Old 07-18-2024, 08:31 AM   #6028
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
So culty:

2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 09:22 AM   #6029
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
WE ALL GOT HIT IN THE EAR THAT DAY

I like how the only girl in the photo who isn't wearing one is picking her nose.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 09:58 AM   #6030
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
45-47 lulz
what about 46?
STOLEN!!!
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 10:05 AM   #6031
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Bahaha.

First, Biden announces that he’d only quit the race for medical reasons.

Then today they announce that Biden has Covid?!? And he still isn’t wearing any mask.

Interesting timing I’d say.
At this point the D's just wish he drops dead.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 10:20 AM   #6032
Performance Moderator

It's so obtuse these guys are running, I know we been over it but I had dinner with my parents the other night and it really reiterated things for me.

My mom is the same age as Biden and she's super anxiety ridden all the time, gets bruises from literally anything that touches her and has hearing difficulties that she refuses to acknowledge, etc... and she is considered in good health for her age.

My Dad is a little bit younger than Trump and he has all kinds of problems remembering things and tells the same stories several times over, etc.

Neither of them are all there anymore like I remember them and definitely zero chance I would deem either of them capable of running a country.
Old 07-18-2024, 10:54 AM   #6033
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
This god worship complex some of these people have with Trump is fascinating to me.

Often times I've always wondered how Jesus was able to lionize so many people around him way back when, you get to see nowadays with Trump how that still works. These people believe he's the chosen one, that the bullet missed because he's touched by god.

It's all so interesting from a human mind perspective, it's funny how we can all think so vastly differently.

What happens to the Republican party when Trump is gone? He's essentially turned the entire party into an extension of himself, he's the equivalent of key person syndrome.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 10:55 AM   #6034
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
100%. Nothing they can do.
Trump wins = biden can call game over and go to bed at a regular time; the party has 4 years till they find replacement.
Biden wins = it'll be trump running 4 years later.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 11:10 AM   #6035
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
I get the feeling that Biden is reading the writing on the wall ... too many 'private' conversations with Dem leaders. Either they will come up with a medical issue (he said he would step down if there was one preventing him from doing the job) to save face or he will do the right thing ... and let Kamala Harris be the ticket with some white guy as VP? Not sure how that would prevent a Trump landslide win.

Interestingly enough, polls indicate there is one Democrat who could beat Trump ... Michelle Obama! I'd say, at this 4th quarter of the game, throw the hail Mary, do whatever you can to try. Put Michelle Obama on the ticket, take Kamala Harris off as VP obviously (can't have 2 black women on the ticket). Not much to lose now.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 11:12 AM   #6036
Performance Moderator

^ Ideally they will both just die by that point lolol... well okay maybe not Biden, he genuinely seems like a nice man and he couldn't run for a 3rd time anyway.

Herr Trump will end term restrictions for sure.
Old 07-18-2024, 11:47 AM   #6037

Damn ... T-shirt makers killing it on the sales.

Old 07-18-2024, 11:53 AM   #6038
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
The Michelle Obama suggestion is interesting because I agree that at this point, there is no one among the Dems that has a chance at defeating Trump. IMO, this late in the game, I don't even think Michelle Obama would have enough time to turn things around, although it will be a much better fight than anyone else the Dems can muster.

At the same time, I sincerely hope Michelle Obama wouldn't come out to run, and I don't expect her to. She is too smart to sully her name and the Obama legacy with this, and she has repeatedly indicated in the past that she will not run for the president.

Putting Harris up will result in a landslide victory for Trump. But pretty much anyone else would too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Trump wins = biden can call game over and go to bed at a regular time; the party has 4 years till they find replacement.
Biden wins = it'll be trump running 4 years later.
I have also thought about exactly this, and I am just coming to the same conclusion as the above. Esp if Trump somehow loses -- say, before the assassination attempt when Biden still had a small chance to win -- all that the world is doing is delay Trump from running again 4 years later.

In a similarly manner for us here in Canada, even if Turd somehow pulls off a miracle win again PeePee, all that will happen is, PeePee will run again in 4 years, and he will win that next time. Mind you, things have really been going downhill for Turd for quite some time as well, and at this point (and much to my disgust), I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a landslide victory for PeePee.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 11:59 AM   #6039
Performance Moderator

You are a salient, if not depressing, man.
Old 07-18-2024, 12:43 PM   #6040

Trump isn't running in 2028. He'll be way too old. It's basically now or never for Trump but I do believe Trump is grooming Barron for a future run.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 01:41 PM   #6041
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I have also thought about exactly this, and I am just coming to the same conclusion as the above. Esp if Trump somehow loses -- say, before the assassination attempt when Biden still had a small chance to win -- all that the world is doing is delay Trump from running again 4 years later.
Given his age and general health he might not be around to run in 4 years, so delaying him that long may be all that's needed.

But that's only a short term solution. The real issue is that at this point he's not operating by himself and the GOP has no shortage of lunatics wanting to do the same or worse. The Dems should be working on a more long term plan of a handful of people they want to have as candidates in the future. If Biden steps down the replacement shouldn't be a surprise.

They at least have the benefit of the 2 term limit. Up here we have the same issues with PP and the Cons and a plan for an eventual replacement for Trudeau should've been made apparent quite a while ago.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 02:08 PM   #6042

It's all a mental exercise at this point because I don't see any reason why Trump would not win the election now. But suppose he lost this election somehow. At this point in time, isn't he more energetic and look less old than Biden did 4 years ago? If Biden is still running now, I don't see why Trump couldn't be healthy enough in 4 years to run again.

But my bigger concern is this JD Vance dude. He seems pretty hardcore conservative, and he is only 39. With Trump's endorsement and 4 years' worth of experience as VP, he is gonna be around and trying his best to extend that hardcore conservative agenda for many years to come. And if for whatever reason Trump croaks during his 2nd term, then he is gonna become POTUS right away.

I shudder at the thought of that.
(But in exactly the same way, I shudder at the thought of Biden dying while in office, and Harris stepping in...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Given his age and general health he might not be around to run in 4 years, so delaying him that long may be all that's needed.

But that's only a short term solution. The real issue is that at this point he's not operating by himself and the GOP has no shortage of lunatics wanting to do the same or worse. The Dems should be working on a more long term plan of a handful of people they want to have as candidates in the future. If Biden steps down the replacement shouldn't be a surprise.

They at least have the benefit of the 2 term limit. Up here we have the same issues with PP and the Cons and a plan for an eventual replacement for Trudeau should've been made apparent quite a while ago.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 02:27 PM   #6043

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Somebody suggested that Trump might try to delete the 2 term limit on US Presidency ... can anyone say Chairman Xi Jinping. As much as I would be disgusted by it, at this point, it probably could happen. Trump owns the Supreme Court justices and they will find an 'interpretation' of the constitution. Then Trump will win another term or JD Vance won't validate a Dems win in the 2028 election. Trump will leave the Oval office in a coffin ... and we'll ALL lament the 'close but no cigar' sniper skills of this 20 yo kid.
Old 07-18-2024, 02:27 PM   #6044
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Every day that Biden remains, the odds of Trump winning go up

But also, in the same vein, I think anyone who will replace him will also lose. Trump is a pretty sure bet at this point imo
Old 07-18-2024, 02:41 PM   #6045
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
... and we'll ALL lament the 'close but no cigar' sniper skills of this 20 yo kid.
Lousy fucking kids can’t do anything right. The day of the shooting I instantly yelled at my intern. Forced her to go get me pho from Thai son. She went to the one on Broadway and I was like no. The one from 1st ave only.

When she got back I berated her for making me wait and that my pho was cold.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 02:43 PM   #6046

I'm not saying Trump won't try to remove the 2 term limit. But regardless of how the election turns out, I think it is safe to say that the core GOP and Democrat support would hover at 45% or more (for each respective party). That means if Trump tries to do something to remove the term limit, the US is gonna see significant push back. You can't realistically pull off a policy change when 45%+ of the population is dead set against it -- society would just fracture and break off into a legitimate civil war.
Quote:
Somebody suggested that Trump might try to delete the 2 term limit on US Presidency ... can anyone say Chairman Xi Jinping. As much as I would be disgusted by it, at this point, it probably could happen. Trump owns the Supreme Court justices and they will find an 'interpretation' of the constitution. Then Trump will win another term or JD Vance won't validate a Dems win in the 2028 election. Trump will leave the Oval office in a coffin ... and we'll ALL lament the 'close but no cigar' sniper skills of this 20 yo kid.
Old 07-18-2024, 02:44 PM   #6047

Honestly, civil war is where I see the US heading.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 02:54 PM   #6048
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
At this point in time, isn't he more energetic and look less old than Biden did 4 years ago?
The guy who keep falling asleep at his own events and eats nothing but garbage is only 3 years younger than Biden. They're both older than Obama, Bush Jr, and Clinton are currently.

Quote:
Somebody suggested that Trump might try to delete the 2 term limit on US Presidency.
I was more thinking in terms of replacements for Biden vs Trudeau. Say they both win again, it's Bidens second term so it's a given that the next Dem candidate will be someone else and none of this "support the incumbent" vs "is he the best option" stuff is involved. But with Trudeau there's no clear cut point where he's no longer eligible to run for PM.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 02:56 PM   #6049

^ yah, whoever wrote the Canadian Charter/Constitution and forgot to add a term limit gets an F. Even if it is 3 terms max ...put a damn limit on it.
Old 07-18-2024, 03:14 PM   #6050

The fact that Trump can't pull away from Biden in the polls (beyond the margin of error) is a massive red flag. As long as Biden is in the race, he's got a shot. If Biden drops out, I think it's over.
This post thanked by: