REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-05-2024, 02:11 PM   #6276
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Weak.

People are upset at the “religious” ideology called woke.

There are plenty of the above listed people that are against the woke ideology as well. Including gays and trans.

No one said anything about race or sexual preference. You brought it up.
And some jews voted for Hitler. This lady voted for trump then her undocumented hisband was deported.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/us/un...ted/index.html

The guy who organized the Hands Off Our Kids anti Sogi protests is muslim. Some People who are a part of the fredumb convoy turned on him pretty quick after the protests. What makes you think they aren't going to turn on your Asian ass.

Kamel El-Cheikh
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2024, 02:17 PM   #6277
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
The thing is, who cares?
Them using that on some alien doesn't hurt the straight white alien. It's like the people getting up in arms about the black little mermaid.
Like bro, this isn't history. It doesn't ruin the authenticity of the story lol. If it makes some kid feel better about who they are and what they may be struggling with, it's probably going to keep someone from being a danger to themselves and even others if they grow up ostracized for who they are.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 02:23 PM   #6278
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,871 Times in 5,632 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Some people in this thread are exactly the target of right wing activism and anti-woke… single guys approaching or above 40 or really wealthy people who are tired of supporting people who “didn’t work hard/smart enough” as it were… good times.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 02:30 PM   #6279
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You don't think people are sick of seeing white people everywhere. friends, Seinfeld, cheer's, How I met your mother, growing pains, full house the list goes on. Don't get me started on movies.
No. It was never a thing until self perpetuating victims made it a thing.

As a minority I NEVER once thought “why isn’t there an Asian in friends?” Or whatever.

If I wanted to see Asians I’d just watch some fucking Chinese movie.

People don’t hate seeing minorities in leading roles. They hate how it feels FORCED and just PANDERING.

There were plenty of all black shows as well. Whatever that will smith show was called. Bel air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Are we not developed enough as a society to treat people that exist with respect instead of using religion as a guise to be a piece of shit?
No we are not. Obviously. And I’m not even being sarcastic. And I’m not even saying it in negative light.

And there’s nothing wrong with Jordan Peterson. He makes good points. Though I liked the Jordan Peterson from 20 years ago better. But the spotlight tends to make people say more extreme things.

We don’t need religion as a guise. It is innate to our existence. It will never go away. Not as long as we are Homo sapiens. Humans at the core never change. Only a fool believes we are somehow innately different than we were 20000 years ago. If you destroyed all religions you’d just be hiding behind the guise of some social ideology like woke and being a piece of shit that way.

Quote:
The thing is, who cares?
Them using that on some alien doesn't hurt the straight white alien. It's like the people getting up in arms about the black little mermaid.
Like bro, this isn't history. It doesn't ruin the authenticity of the story lol. If it makes some kid feel better about who they are and what they may be struggling with, it's probably going to keep someone from being a danger to themselves and even others if they grow up ostracized for who they are.
People care. You should care.

It takes away from the immersion of fiction. It’s politicizing fictional stories. It totally ruins the authenticity of the story. Anyone with any social perception can tell it’s forced. Fake. Pandering. It’s bullshit.

And bro. Everyone agrees. Because money talks. These shows make companies lose money. These movies bomb hard. No one like them.

You are barred from ever producing, directing or writing a show. Movie. Or novel.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 08-05-2024 at 02:44 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 02:30 PM   #6280
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,196 Times in 8,390 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
It's just growing pains, every generation goes through it. Dumb people* will always have a target for their ire. Right now it's trans people. A few years ago it was the gays. Before that it was the immigrants. Before that it was Black people. Before that it was anyone who wasn't Christian. Before that it was different types of Christian. All throughout this, women are the target.

Now that the power is equalizing, the dumbs* are getting extremely angry and loud, and are willing to do insane things like support someone like Trump. Just like Ulic said; they're frustrated because they keep losing.

There will be another target after transgendered people. Maybe men with thin wrists, maybe short people, who knows.

*(If you think trans or gay or people with dark skin don't deserve to live a normal life, you're dumb. So there's my justification for the name calling. Get mad if you want, boomers)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 02:31 PM   #6281
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,832 Times in 5,900 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Is it Disneys job to do that?

Can you take them seriously at all with these attempts to be inclusive given their track record and history?

It’s like the whole bud light fiasco.. and I think shit like that is generally what Ulic is outlining. Being so woke as a corporation you’re willing to lose billions of dollars? lol

There seems to be this big two sided argument that “it doesn’t affect you! Why do you care!!”

Then in the same vein people think.. do we really need this sweeping representation of this tiny minority group in all forms of media, advertising, news, etc. but the second you have this question, you’re some sort of Biggot?

The people who will win Trump the election if he does win isn’t the guy with a Trump mural painted on his tail gate, it’s your average person who isn’t engaged in politics, doesn’t REALLY care one way or another about all the “woke” stuff etc. however they get enough of it jammed down their feeds to become kinda sick of it and vote right over left.

It’s not different here in Canada, funny enough to Manics point yes.. people do become sick of it. People do become sick of international students, people do become sick of these ludicrous immigration policies, so yea.. people aren’t down when they see a bunch of Indian guys pouring out of “schools” and filling basement suites, because Turd blew his loud on being inclusive and “not racist” and now -everyone- is turning on him.

So you went so far in one direction, that now people who previously were neutral or indifferent to the situation now vote against these policies. Pretty simple

I think a lot of the time you guys give American voters too much credit. People aren’t delving deep into these issues, they form their opinions over minor issues and vote that way.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 02:32 PM   #6282

If you guys don't like Disney movies, just don't watch them. How hard is that? They're all shit now anyway, regardless of whether the hero is a woman or there's a gay character
Old 08-05-2024, 02:42 PM   #6283
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
The Acolyte was beyond horrible. Totally wasted Carrie-Anne Moss's talents, and chose to focus on the poorly written Amandla Stenberg characters. The fight scenes were awesome though, as was Manny Jacinto.

Little Mermaid was also horrible, but not because Ariel was black. It's just that Halle Bailey is not pretty at all, and I expect Ariel to be pretty. But Hailey does have a godly voice.

Back to the regular programme about Trump. Odds at Playnow.com is now a dead heat for Trump and Harris, with both having a 1.86x payout.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 02:54 PM   #6284
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Some people in this thread are exactly the target of right wing activism and anti-woke… single guys approaching or above 40 or really wealthy people who are tired of supporting people who “didn’t work hard/smart enough” as it were… good times.
Only in a response to the majority of people in this thread who are exactly the target of left wing activism and pro woke. Guys approaching or above 40 that lack any conviction and have their balls chained to their ugly dumb wives. Or really poor or mediocre people that complain about money but never fucking tried to do anything other than work a 9-5 and want handouts from the people above them. As it were… good times.

If you think all people that are anti woke have been brain washed, then people that are pro woke are all brain washed even harder.

The fact is there are some that are brainwashed. SOME. Only some on both sides. The rest is innate.

There are people that are more accepting for better than worse. Innately.

And there are people that are less accepting for better or worse. Innately.

Born this way. Ingrained in the DNA. It is a never ending tug of war.

And when one side pushes too fucking far like they have now, the other side will push back.

The cannon fodder are the people that just jump on bandwagons. The pawns.

The true warriors are the ones that will fight tooth and bone to defend what they believe in till death. On either side. Everyone else doesn’t matter. They’re just NPCs.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 03:20 PM   #6285
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

*(If you think trans or gay or people with dark skin don't deserve to live a normal life, you're dumb. So there's my justification for the name calling. Get mad if you want, boomers)
they can all live normal lives.

but define normal. lol. the ability to go in public and do normal things and not be harassed or negatively targeted by others? yeah. sure.

but define normal... the ability to parade down a street with your dick hanging out for all to see? ... is that really normal? LOL

you know in London they have fucking haram community police that will harass you if they see you drinking or doing other "anti islamic" things around their block? is that normal? isnt that shit supposed to just be within your own private household and your religious place? when did it leak into public? when did any of this have to leak into public?

you know what it feels like? that kid at school that has a hobby or obsession. and they wont shut up about it, and they're really loud, and they try to inject it into every conversation and everything you do. even your hobbies. even your obsessions. they try to manipulate it so their obsession is in your obsession.

what is normal??? seriously.

I think the Japanese do a pretty good but slightly extreme job of defining what normal is... there are certain customs and courtesies that EVERYONE adheres to in public. it is called public culture. you adhere to that culture in public.

it's called common decency... something that has degraded in the past 100 years... globally.

Quote:
If you guys don't like Disney movies, just don't watch them. How hard is that? They're all shit now anyway, regardless of whether the hero is a woman or there's a gay character
it isnt hard to not watch them. I haven't. because they suck. but I WANT to watch them. I WANT TO WATCH STAR WARS... and I want it to be GOOD.

it does not pain you to see something good degraded into complete shit?

imagine if Revscene was an on going sitcom for 20+ years and we were all characters people watched and enjoyed.

and then some asswipe comes and buys the site out and rewrite the entire site into furry oriented bullshit. and we all have buttplugs with tails now.

how do you think the reader will like it? "just dont read it anymore it's easy"... oh yeah? and now what do you want me to read? some new shit? all the new shit is furry shit. there's LITERALLY nothing good anymore. everything got bought out and is furry shit. THATS WHY ITS FRUSTRATING.

like even the new Star Trek is shit. lol. im no trekkie but when I watch bits of it, I catch myself raising my eyebrow like spock. like... what the fuck is this? it's not even Star Trek LOL.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 03:31 PM   #6286

Star Wars has turned to shit because of bad writing not "woke"

But it's still successful so maybe it's just not for people our age anymore. We can still watch the old movies

Andor was really good
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 03:35 PM   #6287
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Is it Disneys job to do that?

Can you take them seriously at all with these attempts to be inclusive given their track record and history?

It’s like the whole bud light fiasco.. and I think shit like that is generally what Ulic is outlining. Being so woke as a corporation you’re willing to lose billions of dollars? lol

There seems to be this big two sided argument that “it doesn’t affect you! Why do you care!!”

Then in the same vein people think.. do we really need this sweeping representation of this tiny minority group in all forms of media, advertising, news, etc. but the second you have this question, you’re some sort of Biggot?

The people who will win Trump the election if he does win isn’t the guy with a Trump mural painted on his tail gate, it’s your average person who isn’t engaged in politics, doesn’t REALLY care one way or another about all the “woke” stuff etc. however they get enough of it jammed down their feeds to become kinda sick of it and vote right over left.

It’s not different here in Canada, funny enough to Manics point yes.. people do become sick of it. People do become sick of international students, people do become sick of these ludicrous immigration policies, so yea.. people aren’t down when they see a bunch of Indian guys pouring out of “schools” and filling basement suites, because Turd blew his loud on being inclusive and “not racist” and now -everyone- is turning on him.

So you went so far in one direction, that now people who previously were neutral or indifferent to the situation now vote against these policies. Pretty simple

I think a lot of the time you guys give American voters too much credit. People aren’t delving deep into these issues, they form their opinions over minor issues and vote that way.

exactly. you worded it better than I did. it's not even about the extremist right wing anti vaxx, flat earth, lizard people, 9-11 was a hologram type people.

it's the NORMAL people.

it's not Disney's job to do that... it's not any corporations job to fucking do this shit.

BUT of course we know it's all PANDERING. as soon as it's "perceived" by the public and calculated by their departments of pandering... whatever is "in" will be the new IN. and they'll trash whatever is on it's way out faster than you can bust nut when you were 13.

the thing is, the people that are PRO woke, and trying to push this agenda everywhere, are ALSO COINCIDENTALLY the people that spend recklessly. and also want BIG government.

they spend money like crazy on dumb shit, the quality of life of everyone decreases, and they stick their fingers in every facet of your life... and they're pushing a stupid ideology that most people don't actually want, but are too scared to say anything cuz you're automatically put on the witch hunt list if you disagree.

it's like everyone has to eat a woke obedient pill... but actually only a small % are eating it... everyone else is just pretending and giving each other the side eye and telling each other to STFU or we'll get hunted down. but the people actually eating it think everyone else is eating it... but they're socially blind and don't actually realise that really... no one is eating it, but because of the media and academics and how it's "ACCEPTED" everywhere... they think it's real... it's not real... no one likes it...

if anyone here works for a national or multi national corporation they know exactly what I mean.

the goof in the company meetings that puts up their hand and "I really like what the company is doing to promote diversity and equity amongst the people". the boss up front gives the fake smile, everyone else around them is side eyeing everyone else. meanwhile that same goof gets written up and fired later cuz he looked at a female colleague wrong... and then he has to go home and watch the acolyte cuz he's subscribed to disney+... but everything is ok... it's all normal.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 03:38 PM   #6288
I keep RS good

Quote:
Star Wars has turned to shit because of bad writing not "woke"

But it's still successful so maybe it's just not for people our age anymore. We can still watch the old movies

Andor was really good
I liked andor. that's all I'll say... any person at Disney with half a brain would have poured 100x more money into that direction.

Star Wars overall is bad writing, but it is also woke. and the people doing the bad writing are also woke. so it is one and the same.

woke people are bad writers.

please name one "woke" tv show or movie that is well written. there are exactly zero. because of what I said... the same shitty people, that are just shitty at everything, are also the same people that are woke.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 04:15 PM   #6289
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,871 Times in 5,632 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
LOL at thinking every day of life is a war against something... aiyaaaaaaaaa

Go wash your car or something bro, chill out
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 04:21 PM   #6290

Bad writing is bad, no matter if they have a woman in a lead role, or a black character, or the whitest most roided up dudebro with the spikiest blonde hair, wearing the biggest cup in the tightest pants.

Must be nice to have that as your biggest problem (or even a problem at all)
Old 08-05-2024, 04:29 PM   #6291
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
They have plenty of problems, just need to pick a group they aren't part of to blame it on, because no matter how often they harp about accountability when it comes to someone's finances or life situation or whatever, they will never be accountable when it comes to recognizing the reason their lives suck is their own fear of everything that isn't them.
68style nailed it. Imagine being so delusional that you think every day is some fuckin war because of commercials and Disney characters.
The gay boogieman or boogiethey isn't coming to get you.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 04:46 PM   #6292
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
LOL at thinking every day of life is a war against something... aiyaaaaaaaaa

Go wash your car or something bro, chill out
washing your car is still war. war against dirt and grime. lol. manipulating the world to suit your needs is by definition war. if you become complacent and sit there idly, the world will eat you and you'll deteriorate into nothing.

when I say war, I mean it more as a hyperbole, metaphor, allegory, symbolism, whatever you want to call it. but at the end of the day, it is still you vs something. technically it is war. a very low form of war.

you go to war every day. 9-5. war vs time. time squeezes life out of you, so you must squeeze what you can out of time. the company you work for is trying to kill off its competitors. you are a soldier in a corporation, it doesn't feel like war, but trust me, it's war.

The notions of struggle and sacrifice, fuel the imperatives of cosmic significance.

Quote:
Bad writing is bad, no matter if they have a woman in a lead role, or a black character, or the whitest most roided up dudebro with the spikiest blonde hair, wearing the biggest cup in the tightest pants.

Must be nice to have that as your biggest problem (or even a problem at all)
it is only a problem when it is brought up or when I see it. the issue is I see it almost everywhere now.

it's hardly my biggest problem. but it is the most fun to bitch about... and we all come on RS to find fun... I hope so anyway lol.

I'll bitch about physical laws when I meet my maker.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 08-05-2024 at 04:51 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 04:49 PM   #6293
I keep RS good

Quote:
They have plenty of problems, just need to pick a group they aren't part of to blame it on, because no matter how often they harp about accountability when it comes to someone's finances or life situation or whatever, they will never be accountable when it comes to recognizing the reason their lives suck is their own fear of everything that isn't them.
68style nailed it. Imagine being so delusional that you think every day is some fuckin war because of commercials and Disney characters.
The gay boogieman or boogiethey isn't coming to get you.
and the extreme right wing flat earthed anti vaxxers are not coming to get you either.

you kinda disproved yourself right there. you are at war with everyone that disagrees with you. with that tone of voice, more so than anyone else in this thread that defends the woke. lol. we are literally debating and playing keyboard chess with each other. those are all forms of gamified toned down war.

remember... war doesn't require physical conflict to exist. competition is a form of war.

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge.

the difference between us is I openly embrace the fact, where as you hide behind it pretending to be doing something else.

we are quite literally battling each other right now, over the internet, behind our keyboards. lol.

neither of us are eloquent and intelligent enough to convince each other with words, so it's quite literally a battle of attrition. whoever gets tired first and logs off for the day loses. the pain and loss is insignificant, that's why we can do this for 20+ years. hah.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 08-05-2024 at 05:01 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 04:50 PM   #6294

Back on topic, Trump's sentencing will not be delayed for the election, so he'll be sentenced on September 18

Again these charges don't usually result in huge punishment
Old 08-05-2024, 04:57 PM   #6295
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,973 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I think both things are true here.

There has been bred an entire "outrage sphere" online nowadays where influencers live to freak out about the next "woke" agenda, it's pernicious and getting old in many ways, and people are growing tired of it. The outrage over putting a black samurai in Assassin's Creed is an example of that, the game hasn't even bloody came out yet and you can find a litany of videos by nerdy white dudes complaining about it.

X-Men 1997 was another example where you had a whole section of the internet freaking out about screenshots and trailers of the show, complaining that it's going to be woke, and all that crap. It came out and was universally liked, they didn't make it woke, all that outrage prior was for nothing.

At the same time there is a certain angle or "message" trying to be purported in media nowadays. Disney and Star Wars (such as The Acolyte) are some of the most egregious of that. The right likes to link this to some secret society agenda conspiracy, when it's not that complicated. Companies want to seem inclusive so they greenlight these show/films with a certain slant pushed by these younger writers that have grown up in this current climate. People are now having an adverse reaction to all of it, and you'll see the pendulum swing back the other way, one could argue it already is, in fact.

Society is like a slow moving cruise ship, back in the 2020 people were talking about defunding the police, now the Democrats selected an actual top cop as their presidential candidate, who would've thought that 4 years ago? This whole "wokeness", and pivot backward from that is no different.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 05:11 PM   #6296
I keep RS good

one thing for sure, there is no fucking conspiracy. lol.

like a secret shadowy society or group of people that sit above all, planning all these intricate flawless events to "control" us more.

the only they/them that exists are those non binary idiots. not the illuminati.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2024, 05:18 PM   #6297
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,832 Times in 5,900 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
I think so often you also see the extremes of something and that becomes the most polarizing image of said item

Ie. watching the Olympic opening ceremonies, I didn’t think twice about any of it tbh.. yea sure the “controversial” part had a trans person or what appeared to me like a woman with a beard etc. even then I was like ehh.. whatever sure, not gonna think twice about it. They at the vest least attempted to be KIND OF moderate in their approach and of course people, mostly based in religion didn’t like it (which, imo, any religious aspect of your mindset is even worse than the “woke” position)

But then you get local news stories about some 6’5 old white guy who identifies as female going into public washrooms at your local swimming pool

Are either that much different? But at the same time, I feel like the concern/outrage is warranted in the second part. People ain’t ready to accept that type of thing en mass.

I also find a lot of older people, successful, smart, people, can’t even keep up with these changes, they see one thing and then see another and just see them as these trends or again, “woke” (although they don’t even understand what woke means) and just say fuck it.. vote for whoever is on the right side of the spectrum.
Old 08-05-2024, 05:29 PM   #6298
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
woke culture cancelled my Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 06:37 PM   #6299
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
At the same time there is a certain angle or "message" trying to be purported in media nowadays. Disney and Star Wars (such as The Acolyte) are some of the most egregious of that. The right likes to link this to some secret society agenda conspiracy, when it's not that complicated. Companies want to seem inclusive so they greenlight these show/films with a certain slant pushed by these younger writers that have grown up in this current climate. People are now having an adverse reaction to all of it, and you'll see the pendulum swing back the other way, one could argue it already is, in fact.
Money talks for companies though - at the end of the day Disney (or Apple or Amazon etc) want to make money and the best way to make money is to endorse a culture of inclusion versus one driven by hate. These companies are generally too polite to say to the haters/far right, "You come up with another way for me to make more money and I'll listen".

This behaviour doesn't apply to companies where being inclusive doesn't affect the bottom line - no weapons manufacturer or oil company is promoting minorities or adding them to their brochures. They'll stick with the tall white guys thank you very much and they are going to keep undermining foreign gov't and polluting the air the best they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Society is like a slow moving cruise ship, back in the 2020 people were talking about defunding the police, now the Democrats selected an actual top cop as their presidential candidate, who would've thought that 4 years ago? This whole "wokeness", and pivot backward from that is no different.
I think that people being on board with a top cop when they were asking to defund the police is evidence that those folks weren't being "woke" but were asking for accountability. They weren't a bunch of unreasonable fools but people bringing to light how badly law enforcement was performing.

Last edited by supafamous; 08-06-2024 at 12:01 PM.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 06:46 PM   #6300

"Defund the police" was such a cringe slogan because was too easily misconstrued as "disband the police", making it extremely susceptible to bad faith arguments (we had some here back then iirc)

Since then they've had the Uvalde shooting and the outcome of that which proved the argument right on a surface level. The police system down there is broken, and this is proven over and over again.
This post thanked by: