REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-05-2024, 09:27 PM   #6301
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Force what down people's throats? Allowing gay and trans people to exist? Allowing women to have bodily autonomy?
None of these things affect anyone who's not partaking in these so why do they feel the need to care?
The same people with trump flags and airbrushed tailgates of Biden being bound and gagged, while yelling at people at libraries and celebrating courts taking away women's rights are the ones that think a pride parade is having something "shoved down their throats"
It's just a bunch of fucking crybabies that blame their shitty behaviour on their imaginary friend in the sky, who if he actually existed as the books about him say, he'd fucking hate the people that are doing this, not the dude wearing a dress reading to kids at the library.
I have no problem with gay/trans people.

I also F&F who have strong religious beliefs, the idea of LGBTQ is not something they can accept.

And that's ok. Agree to disagree.

But for some of of the more radical "activists"... nop, that's NOT ok.

They want anyone and everyone to agree with their ideologies or label those who refuse as homophobic, racism or whatever.

What exactly have this world come to?

Why is it not ok to think/believe/do things differently? I have had many interaction with churches throughout my life, and never once was I treated differently knowing that I wasn't yet a believer. And I return that respect that I didn't see them any differently just because they were Catholic.

Do you know the problem conservatives and even many of the center people have with Woke? Simple... Why can't you woke people leave us the fuck alone?

You want to believe in LGBTQ, Israel, Ukraine... whatever you want... go ahead. I don't give a flying fuck. Don't force it on me. I respect your decision, but I don't need to like LGBTQ like you do. I like being straight just fine. I am neutral toward everything else. But somehow that's not ok today to the liberals.
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2024, 09:30 PM   #6302
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,196 Times in 8,390 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I like being straight just fine. I am neutral toward everything else. But somehow that's not ok today to the liberals.
It is totally fine. That's 100% how I live too, and I am totally fine.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 09:32 PM   #6303
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It is totally fine
Tell that to the woke. If it's ok as you said, we wouldn't be having all these discussion.
Old 08-05-2024, 09:34 PM   #6304
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
What is being forced on you?
Are they telling you that you have to be gay or you'll be punished? If you don't care about it, and you shut the fuck up about it, literally nothing negative could possibly come your way. That's literally the point. Someone making gay alien isn't pushing the gay agenda on you. If it offends you, you have the choice to not watch it, or you could take the route of screaming that it's forced on you, and risk people being angry about it because you basically have said that something existing offends you.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 09:53 PM   #6305

Quote:
Tell that to the woke. If it's ok as you said, we wouldn't be having all these discussion.
You don't have to interact with people who have a problem with you being neutral towards them

If you really are neutral, you won't get angry, and "the woke" won't go after you

And if they do, just ignore them. They are probably just angry twitter mutants
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 09:56 PM   #6306

JD Vance beardless.. I think Mike might be right

This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2024, 10:05 PM   #6307
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Why is it not ok to think/believe/do things differently? I have had many interaction with churches throughout my life, and never once was I treated differently knowing that I wasn't yet a believer. And I return that respect that I didn't see them any differently just because they were Catholic.
But that's sometimes not the case and that sometimes can involve people who are very loud and influential - just because no one called you out doesn't mean it doesn't happen as there's plenty of evidence of religious leaders decrying gays and other minorities. It's the old trope of "Well, the Nazis didn't come for me..."

Quote:
Do you know the problem conservatives and even many of the center people have with Woke? Simple... Why can't you woke people leave us the fuck alone?

You want to believe in LGBTQ, Israel, Ukraine... whatever you want... go ahead. I don't give a flying fuck. Don't force it on me. I respect your decision, but I don't need to like LGBTQ like you do. I like being straight just fine. I am neutral toward everything else. But somehow that's not ok today to the liberals.
There's neutral in "I don't care what it is you want, not my problem" and neutral in "Sure, you should be heard and supported but it's not a fight I want to be a part of". The former is just a cop-out, the latter is a reasonable take - not every cause that exists is a cause for me to support. When people knock on my door asking for donations I tell them that I support their causes and wish them luck but that I'm focusing my efforts with food security (food bank) so I can't help them right now. That's different than telling them to fuck off b/c they didn't read my No Soliciting sign which is what a lot of "neutral" people actually are doing.

I have pretty severe hearing loss and if I felt that I needed more support from society for it (say mandatory closed captioning or perhaps maximum sound levels at restaurants so I can hear others talk) I'd hope that the response is no worse than "I hear you and I hope you get support for it but it's not a cause I can get behind" and not "Well my hearing works fine and I like my restaurants loud". Either is "neutral".
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 05:53 AM   #6308
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,832 Times in 5,900 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Money talks for companies though - at the end of the day Disney (or Apple or Amazon etc) want to make money and the best way to make money is to endorse a culture of inclusion versus one driven by hate. These companies are generally too polite to say to the haters/far right, "You come up with another way for me to make more money and I'll listen".

This behaviour doesn't apply to companies where being inclusive doesn't affect the bottom line - no weapons manufacturer or oil company is promoting minorities or adding them to their brochures. They'll stick with the tall white guys thank you very much and they are going to keep undermining foreign gov't and polluting the air the best they can.

I think that people being on board with a top cop when they were asking to defund the police is evidence that those folks weren't being "woke" but were asking for accountability. They were a bunch of unreasonable fools but people bringing to light how badly law enforcement was performing.
Your examples regarding Disney etc. aren’t true though. They get hammered in their film productions, their marvel holdings are dragging down their stock single handedly.

Bud light? Billions of dollars lost for investors overnight?

Taking that stances when you’re a faceless corporation is not the way to shareholder value if that’s the argument you want to make.. it’s been demonstrated many times.

Being “woke” when you’re insincere doesn’t pay. Including a bi alien in a Star Wars show isn’t making money for anyone lol..
Old 08-06-2024, 05:55 AM   #6309

"Disney is woke" being a new thing is amusing btw. Reminds me of the meltdown someone here had a few years ago about "Star Trek is so woke now"

In the 90's boomers and their parents were complaining about Pocahontas, Aladdin, Mulan all being (the 90's equivalent of) "woke" for having so many non white characters . Now it's the same thing except complaining about women or gay or Asian characters or whatever.

It's the same shit, different age. You guys are going through what your parents did. Maybe your kids will break the cycle.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 06:16 AM   #6310
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,871 Times in 5,632 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Oh, won't somebody PLEASE think of the shareholders???

68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 06:39 AM   #6311

Harris picks her running mate, the whitest guy you've ever seen

In related news, Kamala Harris now leads in all major polling averages
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 06:39 AM   #6312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Your examples regarding Disney etc. aren’t true though. They get hammered in their film productions, their marvel holdings are dragging down their stock single handedly.
If your view is that when Disney doesn't have a hit is that it's because they got woke and not because they can release stinkers from time to time like they always have then there's not much to discuss on that point. But tell me was Inside Out 2 a billion dollar hit b/c Pixar came to their senses and stopped being woke?

Quote:
Bud light? Billions of dollars lost for investors overnight?

Taking that stances when you’re a faceless corporation is not the way to shareholder value if that’s the argument you want to make.. it’s been demonstrated many times.
You're cherry picking examples so let me cherry pick one too. How's being woke going for Apple?
Old 08-06-2024, 07:06 AM   #6313

Apples woke? Lol

I love this argument.. this is the liberal mindset

Disney - sack of shit company!! Slave labour! China Supporters! Stealing IP! Only for the rich!! Terrible ethics!!

Somone questions their “wokeness”

Fucking biggot! POS! Don’t talk about Disney like that!

It’s bordering on insane tbh..
Old 08-06-2024, 07:09 AM   #6314

It only seems insane because it didn't happen.
You don't have people celebrating corporate pandering. At very best we've said, at least some kid watching the show is going to feel represented. 8 year olds aren't worried about how Walt Disney was a nazi. You're creating these scenarios out of nothing to fuel the frustration you already have about a trans robot lol.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 07:15 AM   #6315

It doesn’t happen? Lol it happens right here..
Old 08-06-2024, 07:17 AM   #6316

When did someone call you a bigot for calling disneys activism performative?
Nobody here is offering up the Nobel peace prize to Disney for the alien. They are just saying it's hilarious that someone thinks that's a reasonable reason to get upset. They are movies for toddlers man.
That said, inside out is a banger of a movie.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2024, 08:11 AM   #6317
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,272 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Some people get upset about Disney being woke, others get upset because a hockey player decides not to wear a pride jersey during a warm up skate.

People on both sides are whiny little babies, but people want to whine about which side has more whiny little babies as if that even matters.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 08:20 AM   #6318

Quote:
Apples woke? Lol

I love this argument.. this is the liberal mindset

Disney - sack of shit company!! Slave labour! China Supporters! Stealing IP! Only for the rich!! Terrible ethics!!

Somone questions their “wokeness”

Fucking biggot! POS! Don’t talk about Disney like that!

It’s bordering on insane tbh..
https://www.apple.com/diversity/

Looks pretty woke to me. Gay man who runs the company, celebrates Pride all the time, makes racial and gender equality a priority, has a member of the exec team who owns environmental, social and policy initiatives. Their products are some of the most inclusive around - they prioritise accessibility more than nearly any company.

Lemme guess, it's woke when you don't like something they do, it's not woke when you like it?
Old 08-06-2024, 08:21 AM   #6319

So yesterday went to the horse races and was lined up for a beer

This fucking clown and his buddy beside me are going off “hah look at all that smoke from that burger shack, smells like fucking cancer eating that crap”

“These people selling these 50/50 hah what fucking losers! Hah”

When I finally get to the front I pay for my drinks with a card and I hear the guy

“Hah.. imagine paying for beers on a card hah.. fucking Trudeau and Biden..”

I’m ready to say like.. you sound like a peach.. but ignore it and walk away.

Anyone who talks like that, whether you’re right of left leaning, you’re likely a total fucking loser in life.

Anyone who is out and about in public going on about politics, or wokeness, or pushing their little agendas out loudly in public on either side, you’re a fucking miserable loser

It’s one thing to have (relatively) civil discussions here but if you’re like that out in public? Yuck
Old 08-06-2024, 08:25 AM   #6320

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
https://www.apple.com/diversity/

Looks pretty woke to me. Gay man who runs the company, celebrates Pride all the time, makes racial and gender equality a priority, has a member of the exec team who owns environmental, social and policy initiatives. Their products are some of the most inclusive around - they prioritise accessibility more than nearly any company.

Lemme guess, it's woke when you don't like something they do, it's not woke when you like it?
Corporate diversity isn’t the same as making a transgender wookie
Old 08-06-2024, 08:30 AM   #6321
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
feels like some lord of the rings shit... just when we thought sauron was going to take over the plot twist, gandolf leads the charge to turn the tide.

btw i have no stake in who wins i'm just here to eat popcorn

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 08:32 AM   #6322
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
“Hah.. imagine paying for beers on a card hah.. fucking Trudeau and Biden..”
Credit/debit cards are political now?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2024, 08:37 AM   #6323

Quote:
Corporate diversity isn’t the same as making a transgender wookie

These ones? Which episode are they in?

I googled "transgender wookie" and can't find anything showing that Disney has a transgender wookie on their shows. And even if they did who fucking cares?

It's not the reason Acolyte or most of the recent Star Wars shows have sucked. It's not why a lot of the recent Marvel shows have sucked either. It's not the reason why their theme parks are packed to the gills and it costs $200/day to go.
Old 08-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #6324

There isn’t any trans wookie. Was just using that as an example that corporate diversity is not the same thing as these feigned attempts at being woke.
Old 08-06-2024, 09:20 AM   #6325
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
If anyone knows any gay or trans people, I suggest talking to them to see how they feel. A few gay folks I know are tired of crap from both sides.

They're tired of the right telling them to burn in hell, they're tired of the left telling them they're so brave and asking if they're going to be at the parade.

They just want to be left alone and treated as normal people. They don't want special treatment, they don't want to stand out... just want to blend in with the crowd like normal people.

Last edited by !LittleDragon; 08-06-2024 at 09:31 AM.
!LittleDragon is offline   Reply With Quote