REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-10-2024, 07:26 PM   #6376
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Why would Iran want to damage Trump's campaign?
Because trump imposed more than 1500 sanctions on Iran and abandoned the nuclear deal they had.

Looks like the trump hack included a link to a bunch of project 2025 training video's. ProPublica has posted them on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/@ProPublica
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2024, 09:27 AM   #6377
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,973 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I think that's pretty obvious Skinny, if you follow policy.

Obama > Biden > Kamala are all following a route of de-escalation with Iran. Read about the Obama Iran Nuclear deal, which Trump immediately dumped when he got into office.

Trump is a neohawk (as much as he pretends not to be), and is surrounded by the same old Republicans who want nothing but to go to war with Iran.

It is in Iran's best interests to see Trump lose.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 10:21 AM   #6378

Might I add, I don't think for a second Trump's campaign was hacked by Iran, that's as much a bullshit excuse as his plane had "mechanical failures" and couldn't land at an airport he owed money to

Someone leaked from inside his campaign. It's literally falling apart for him, it's fantastic to watch this whole thing implode.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 10:52 AM   #6379
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Interesting. -possible that the Iranians hacked into Trump's campaign?

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign said Saturday in a statement that it had been hacked.

Politico reported earlier Saturday that it had received emails from an anonymous account with documents from inside Trump’s campaign operation.

“These documents were obtained illegally from foreign sources hostile to the United States, intended to interfere with the 2024 election and sow chaos throughout our Democratic process,” Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said in a statement to CNN.

Cheung pointed to a recent report published by Microsoft that said Iranian operatives had ramped up their attempts to influence and monitor the US presidential election by creating fake news outlets targeting liberal and conservative voters and by trying to hack an unnamed presidential campaign.

“On Friday, a new report from Microsoft found that Iranian hackers broke into the account of a ‘high ranking official’ on the U.S. presidential campaign in June 2024, which coincides with the close timing of President Trump’s selection of a Vice Presidential nominee. This comes after recent reports of an Iranian plot to assassinate President Trump around the same time as the Butler, PA tragedy,” Cheung said, referring to the attempted assassination of Trump at a rally last month.

Cheung said, “The Iranians know that President Trump will stop their reign of terror just like he did in his first four years in the White House. Any media or news outlet reprinting documents or internal communications are doing the bidding of America’s enemies and doing exactly what they want.”

Another CNN article:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/09/polit...irc_end_recirc

Expert Elections in Tehran, Iran on May 10, 2024. Fatemeh Bahrami/Anadolu/Getty Images/File
CNN

Iranian operatives have ramped up their attempts to influence and monitor the US presidential election by creating fake news outlets targeting liberal and conservative voters and by trying to hack an unnamed presidential campaign, Microsoft said in research published late Thursday.

One of the phony news sites allegedly created by Iranian operatives called former President Donald Trump an “opioid-pilled elephant in the MAGA china shop” and a “raving mad litigiosaur,” Microsoft researchers said

Huh TIL Trump has a Viet-Chinese Spokesman. This guy is 42 years old?

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style...arzenegger-did

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 10:59 AM   #6380
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Old 08-11-2024, 03:14 PM   #6381
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,196 Times in 8,390 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Definitely not an unhinged senior citizen ranting online

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2024, 03:23 PM   #6382
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,871 Times in 5,632 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Might I add, I don't think for a second Trump's campaign was hacked by Iran, that's as much a bullshit excuse as his plane had "mechanical failures" and couldn't land at an airport he owed money to

Someone leaked from inside his campaign. It's literally falling apart for him, it's fantastic to watch this whole thing implode.
I think this, or my other thought was to say it happene and Iran did it to have ways to make it a talking point of how they're under attack by the Dems and their cronies in Iran.

I think both have happened.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 12:58 PM   #6383

Another one came out

The Republicans have said that any version of dressing in drag is considered "grooming", so how do they apply that mental gymnastics to JD?

By the way, I think there's no issue throwing on a wig for a laugh who cares, but they've made that bed of stupidity, now they have to sleep in it.
Old 08-12-2024, 01:12 PM   #6384
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
rogan's good with trump, all cleared up

http://www.instagram.com/joerogan/p/C-gxOxKsvbR/

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 01:51 PM   #6385

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

Another one came out

The Republicans have said that any version of dressing in drag is considered "grooming", so how do they apply that mental gymnastics to JD?

By the way, I think there's no issue throwing on a wig for a laugh who cares, but they've made that bed of stupidity, now they have to sleep in it.
He so wishes he was a girl, but his shitty politics and religion won't let him. I feel bad for him.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 03:33 PM   #6386

Old 08-12-2024, 06:21 PM   #6387

His response

He thinks EU is just like the US

I'm not going to watch the interview, but I am ready for the fallout and ensuing meltdowns
Old 08-13-2024, 02:11 AM   #6388

So it was a disaster (who would have expected that?)

Opposition's response:

Old 08-13-2024, 03:49 AM   #6389
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
So it was a disaster (who would have expected that?)

Opposition's response:

I'd strongly suggest to actually give a listen instead of just reading what MSM or the Harris campaign has to say.

The first hour or so was just ok as it's Trump talking mostly... but the second hour, the last 45min or so was great. Just listening to two influential people sharing their thoughts on topics back and forth unscripted and purely straight out of their mind.

And if you actually listen to it, you'd actually find Harris' response extremely lame and rude. It's like they cannot comprehend the idea that people could have a conversation about important topics.

The liberal way is always like "trust me, my way is the best, better than any of other proposals" in the most condescending kinda way. When in fact, by having a long and thorough discussion, we can take the best out of both sides of the argument and find the best outcome by considering both sides.
Old 08-13-2024, 04:00 AM   #6390

omg someone actually listened to a 2 hour conversation between Trump and Elon
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2024, 06:46 AM   #6391

Quote:
omg someone actually listened to a 2 hour conversation between Trump and Elon
Sorry. I forgot that Harris can’t talk for more than 2 minutes without teleprompter and pre-scripted with question provided to her. That’s what her supporters are capable of handling.

My bad.
Old 08-13-2024, 07:19 AM   #6392
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
-listened to news coverage about Elon and Trump's conversation on X.

Slurred speech from Trump. -huge audio distractions in that interview.

Trump's lisp made him sound like the cartoon character Sylvester the Cat.

https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/news/...rump-interview

The bizarre audio overshadowed the content of their discussion, which hit on the assassination attempt, immigration, “ssstupid people”, and the US presidential election being a fork in the road in history.

Instead of Trump’s return to X on Monday (US time) being a triumphant moment, social media users were distracted by the comical-sounding sentences coming from his mouth.

“Why does Trump sound like Donald Duck? This lisp thing is distracting,” said one X user.

Quipped another: “Is it possible because Trump was told that his interview with Elon wasn’t being ‘televised’ that he thought that he could take his dentures out and didn’t realise that then we could hear his lisp?”

Another X user drew comparisons between Trump and the Looney Tunes character Sylvester the Cat.

Sufferin’ succotash! Sounds like Trump has a major lisp.”

-hearing that "technical issues" created an audio compression problem on X hahhaa.

USA Today columnist Rex Huppke said the interview was an “unmitigated disaster”.

He sounded like a disoriented, racist Daffy Duck,” wrote Huppke in a brutal review of the chat.

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-13-2024 at 07:25 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 07:22 AM   #6393
Performance Moderator

Trump before Elon endorsed him: Why is Biden making people buy electric cars, electric is stupid, more coal, then they'll have electric planes and when it's cloudy the planes they just fall out of the sky and the electric boats they sink because the batteries are so heavy and sharks eat you. Democrats electric far left electric hate hate hate.

Trump after Elon endorsed him: "Well I guess I'm for electric cars because Elon gave me a big endorsement" (this is an actual quote)

Fuck these people.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2024, 08:53 AM   #6394

Hahaha. Lefties hypocrisy at their finest.

Trump slurs a bit: he sounds like Donald Duck!

Biden slurs 100x worse: sharp as a tack.

Please. Can’t they actually discuss anything meaningful? Like if you don’t agree with the way Trump proposes on some issues, convince voters how their version is actually better. Instead, we have these pointless attacks that obscure the actual truth: lefties have no fucking idea on policies.
Old 08-13-2024, 09:01 AM   #6395
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,150 Times in 3,634 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Hehaw... my dude

those republicans you love so much are the same ones that will call you a chink and blame you for covid and everything else thats wrong with American society. CHIN-AR is one of their key talking points and the escape goat to all their problems.

They wont know or give a shit about you being Taiwanese.... its the same shit to them. you will be discriminated against. Try joining a trump rally and see how they treat you
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2024, 09:10 AM   #6396
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Please. Can’t they actually discuss anything meaningful? Like if you don’t agree with the way Trump proposes on some issues, convince voters how their version is actually better. Instead, we have these pointless attacks that obscure the actual truth: lefties have no fucking idea on policies.
I mean this is kind of ironic, I literally read an article yesterday, written by a Republican voting writer, talking about how the party and Trump need to start talking about WHAT they are going to do when they're in office and how they intend to help the American people instead of just non-stop attacking Kamala Harris' ethnicity and intelligence.

I mean the most recent speech of Trump's that I watched, he never talked about policy. He just talked about how he doesn't care how to say Kamala Harris name and me me me me me the entire time. He never once said anything about the American people or what he would do if he was in office.

I'll give Vance some credit here, at least he's mentioned SOME policy. He got caught off guard when someone pointed out to him that his family tax credit plan was actually an idea Harris had floated 3 years ago though.

If you watch any of the Democratic conventions, the language is totally different, they're also not getting into detail about policy at this point in time, but at least they're talking about helping people and it's not just about them and what they want. Say what you want about dull tack Biden, his administration has put PLENTY of policy in play... and one of the main ones for border security, the Republicans shot it down just so they could enact it themselves when they're in office and Trump wanted to be able to keep it as a talking point running up to the election. Literally shooting themselves in the foot.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2024, 09:12 AM   #6397
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Literally no one on the planet thinks Biden is sharp as a tack. You create these scenarios in your head to justify your blind following of a politician that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
He'd be busy getting pissed on by a Russian prostitute but still, even if he wasn't.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 09:25 AM   #6398

I listened to a portion of the interview, nothing new was discussed, Trump espousing his same old talking points through his clearly failing dentures.

One thing I noticed, Elon is a TERRIBLE public speaker, my god, it's amazing he's a CEO of a company being such a bad orator, it was cringy at some points, and you could tell he was nervous.

I haven't used twitter in a while, and I was shocked at how many garbage bots littered the comment section of the Spaces.
Old 08-13-2024, 09:26 AM   #6399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Sorry. I forgot that Harris can’t talk for more than 2 minutes without teleprompter and pre-scripted with question provided to her. That’s what her supporters are capable of handling.

My bad.
You really think someone that was able to become DA, AG, and senator of the largest state in the country isn't able to speak for more than 2 minutes without a teleprompter?

Jesus you're an idiot.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2024, 09:34 AM   #6400

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I mean this is kind of ironic, I literally read an article yesterday, written by a Republican voting writer, talking about how the party and Trump need to start talking about WHAT they are going to do when they're in office and how they intend to help the American people instead of just non-stop attacking Kamala Harris' ethnicity and intelligence.

I mean the most recent speech of Trump's that I watched, he never talked about policy. He just talked about how he doesn't care how to say Kamala Harris name and me me me me me the entire time. He never once said anything about the American people or what he would do if he was in office.

I'll give Vance some credit here, at least he's mentioned SOME policy. He got caught off guard when someone pointed out to him that his family tax credit plan was actually an idea Harris had floated 3 years ago though.

If you watch any of the Democratic conventions, the language is totally different, they're also not getting into detail about policy at this point in time, but at least they're talking about helping people and it's not just about them and what they want. Say what you want about dull tack Biden, his administration has put PLENTY of policy in play... and one of the main ones for border security, the Republicans shot it down just so they could enact it themselves when they're in office and Trump wanted to be able to keep it as a talking point running up to the election. Literally shooting themselves in the foot.
What Biden has been able to do with the FTC, essentially taking it out of its coma has been amazing.

This is why these rightwing billionaire wackos have absolutely HATED his appointments like Lina Khan, they're actually out there doing their jobs and enacting real policy for the public.

What a refreshing bloody change.

It's a shame the Democrats and more broadly Biden have been so poor at translating all their accomplishments from a policy perspective to the public.
This post thanked by: