REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #876
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
are you saying boo or boourns?
Advertisement
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #877
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 09-26-2018 at 01:52 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:14 PM   #878
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
isn't the J-20 fairly capable?
why would the plaaf procure Russian then?
Geography / supply chain and not wanting to rely on a competitive super power for defense contracts. As for the J20 just like the SU-57 they're spec sheets. They haven't demonstrated a single thing in real world combat or even exercises. Meanwhile Raptor pilots have more than a decade of war game experience with NATO nations, overseas force projection, and real combat over the middle east. I can assure you they are very good at what they do, like lobbing JDAM's at supercruise from 60,000ft and hitting moving targets in Syria almost 40km's away in and out before Syrian air defenses (including Russian) even knew they were there. And it's an air-air platform.....
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:33 PM   #879
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,756 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Trump thread 2.0

-nice cleavage outfit by Alyssa Milano during the Kavanagh hearing.

Last edited by pastarocket; 09-28-2018 at 09:39 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 08:35 AM   #880
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
Politics aside, what do we think the reality of the Kavanagh allegations are?

I don't have as much time to dig into shit like I used to, but from what I understand:
she only came forward out of nowhere just recently to make the allegation.
the allegation occurred like 35 years ago when they were teenagers/college kids at a frat party
both of them were heavily intoxicated
her initial story was that she actually didn't remember any of the event, and has only 'rediscovered' her side of the story after a few weeks of *coaching*.
none of the witnesses from either side remember anything
they didn't actually have sex? he apparently grinded up against her against a wall or something?

I did read that the lawyer who is guiding her thru the process is on record in a leaked conversation from earlier this year discussing ways to 'bring down' Kavanagh

Disregarding that he might actually not be a great person, and may not be a good fit for justice, can we just talk about the actual allegation?

Is this probably a sexual assault (by its understood definition prior to the #meetoo era)? Or is this a couple of drunk teenagers/college kids at a party?

Hands up, how many of you (who aren't still virgins) could see something from their younger years being spun into a #metoo?
Old 09-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #881

All i can say is show me the evidence.
Whether an allegation is "credible" or "believable" is completely irrelevant. It must be provable.

Just my opinion.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #882

"Provable" moves into a tricky world where something could have happened, but it can't be proven in a court (OJ simpson for example), or the proof can be thrown out by legal loopholes.

Im not saying all rape allegations that arent provable are fake. But this one really smells fishy.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #883

Sure. The real truth of any allegation may never be known.
But omit her testimony and what is left? Is there any evidence whatsoever?
-Norm Franz
Old 09-30-2018, 11:38 AM   #884

Are some guilty people able to walk away? Of course. But think about a justice system where allegations are evidence until proven untrue.

If the fbi find sufficient corroborating evidence, my opinion would change.
For now, I'll believe the facts or lack thereof. Personally i think that's the best anyone can do.
-Norm Franz
Old 09-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #885
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
One think I know high school parties don't just have beer.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #886

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
"NAFTA deal reached"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/naf...rump-1.4844623

Given that there were 2 main topics that we saw major dif. with US, you take, you give. US gave in on the chapter 19, my take is that supply management on dairy will become history or given up so much room that the system is no longer effective.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:06 PM   #887
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
dat dere Trudeau/Freeland finally got 'er done

we'll probably get more ads saying how disgusting US milk is for our health in the coming months
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #888
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,183 Times in 1,968 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
He's applying for a position on the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land. I myself would never even think to apply to such position, I know damn well decisions I've made in the past could possibly affect me in such a role.

If you apply into Policing, or the FBI for that matter, your entire background is scrutinized, going back to high school. That's just the name of the game.

Kavanaugh has clearly perjured himself by lying about a large number of issues here. Now his classmates are even turning against him.

To be honest even without these numerous allegations against him, I don't think he should be a judge, much less a supreme court justice.

Look at the way this man carried himself in the hearing, the anger, the vitriol, alleging conspiracy theories about the Clintons, saying what "goes around comes around". You really think someone with that type of character and fecklessness should be on the Supreme Court for life, a man who clearly has a checkered past with women, allowed to preside over 300 million people, including deciding on issues pertaining to women?

This is a job interview, if someone carried themselves such as he did in a job interview, he would never get the job. Period. No company would want to hire a guy with this much baggage.

Why not think for a second, there is a plethora of conservative justices the Republican party could choose in place of Kavanaugh. Gorsuch went through without a hitch.

Why do the Republicans still feel the need to push for this guy over their other options? It's because this guy is clearly a partisan judge, plain and simple. This is why they have decided to continue to push, which I personally think will hurt them greatly.

I will be shocked if this guy ends up getting appointed on Friday, I just don't see it. It's not worth the bad PR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Politics aside, what do we think the reality of the Kavanagh allegations are?

I don't have as much time to dig into shit like I used to, but from what I understand:
she only came forward out of nowhere just recently to make the allegation.
the allegation occurred like 35 years ago when they were teenagers/college kids at a frat party
both of them were heavily intoxicated
her initial story was that she actually didn't remember any of the event, and has only 'rediscovered' her side of the story after a few weeks of *coaching*.
none of the witnesses from either side remember anything
they didn't actually have sex? he apparently grinded up against her against a wall or something?

I did read that the lawyer who is guiding her thru the process is on record in a leaked conversation from earlier this year discussing ways to 'bring down' Kavanagh

Disregarding that he might actually not be a great person, and may not be a good fit for justice, can we just talk about the actual allegation?

Is this probably a sexual assault (by its understood definition prior to the #meetoo era)? Or is this a couple of drunk teenagers/college kids at a party?

Hands up, how many of you (who aren't still virgins) could see something from their younger years being spun into a #metoo?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #889
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,637 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I will be shocked if this guy ends up getting appointed on Friday, I just don't see it. It's not worth the bad PR.
Nearly everything that happens under Trump defies logic, so personally, I can see this Kavanaugh appointment thing going either way.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #890
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Surprised nobody posted the NY Times expose on Trump's fake "self-created" wealth story... and his family's sordid history of tax evasion. It's a massive but very entertaining and also frustrating read:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...red-trump.html
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2018, 11:01 AM   #891
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,183 Times in 1,968 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Surprised nobody posted the NY Times expose on Trump's fake "self-created" wealth story... and his family's sordid history of tax evasion. It's a massive but very entertaining and also frustrating read:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...red-trump.html
Was reading this last night. Not surprising, I don't think anyone ever really believed that "1 million dollar loan" excuse. But definitely eye opening, his supporters will still call him a business man, and a self-starter, this man is the very definition of white privilege, through and through. It's almost comical in my opinion, to think the opposite of this man.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #892

so apparently the usmca deal has a clause where the three have to report if any are going to engage in free trade with "non market" countries. obviously referring to china. and that if so, the agreement could be cancelled. sounds like a pretty big stipulation.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #893
Performance Moderator

^
For real? Lol I don’t think this deal is going to be around for very long then
Old 10-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #894

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Was reading this last night. Not surprising, I don't think anyone ever really believed that "1 million dollar loan" excuse. But definitely eye opening, his supporters will still call him a business man, and a self-starter, this man is the very definition of white privilege, through and through. It's almost comical in my opinion, to think the opposite of this man.
Are you conflating economic privilege with white privilege? I only had a chance to skim through the article so perhaps I missed the connection.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #895
Performance Moderator

^
I think he's getting at the fact it's okay for a rich old white man and his kids to commit hundreds of millions of dollars of fraud and one of those kids can go on to become President of the USA........ but an ethnic minority boosts a pack of gum from a convenience store and goes to jail for 3 years... that type of idea.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #896

Quote:
He's applying for a position on the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land. I myself would never even think to apply to such position, I know damn well decisions I've made in the past could possibly affect me in such a role.

If you apply into Policing, or the FBI for that matter, your entire background is scrutinized, going back to high school. That's just the name of the game.

Kavanaugh has clearly perjured himself by lying about a large number of issues here. Now his classmates are even turning against him.

To be honest even without these numerous allegations against him, I don't think he should be a judge, much less a supreme court justice.

Look at the way this man carried himself in the hearing, the anger, the vitriol, alleging conspiracy theories about the Clintons, saying what "goes around comes around". You really think someone with that type of character and fecklessness should be on the Supreme Court for life, a man who clearly has a checkered past with women, allowed to preside over 300 million people, including deciding on issues pertaining to women?

This is a job interview, if someone carried themselves such as he did in a job interview, he would never get the job. Period. No company would want to hire a guy with this much baggage.

Why not think for a second, there is a plethora of conservative justices the Republican party could choose in place of Kavanaugh. Gorsuch went through without a hitch.

Why do the Republicans still feel the need to push for this guy over their other options? It's because this guy is clearly a partisan judge, plain and simple. This is why they have decided to continue to push, which I personally think will hurt them greatly.

so you think he raped Mrs Ford?
Old 10-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^
For real? Lol I don’t think this deal is going to be around for very long then
Trudeau and Freeland are downplaying it.
I just find it funny how one of the major points of contention originally was the suggestion of a sunset clause.
This clause seems much more strident, IMO
-Norm Franz
Old 10-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #898
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
well for one, it's a newspaper article...hasn't exactly been examined through the court of law

i dont want to downplay tax fraud in the hundreds of millions but it's hardly a violent crime

for someone like Trump this seems as insignificant as jaywalking compared to GHBTP
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #899

-Norm Franz
Old 10-03-2018, 09:47 PM   #900
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
so you think he raped Mrs Ford?
Don't think the accusation was ever rape ... it is sexual assault.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote