REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #1001
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Thats true. Hopefully the indirect use of tax-payer dollars to manage the whole thing is less than the subsidies that the US put out. But it's still a net negative for the consumer, the video makes it sound like a good thing.
Don't forget government cheese. Yes it's a real thing.
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #1002
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Don't forget government cheese. Yes it's a real thing.
Post 1000 of the Trump 2 thread!

Anyone amazed this only took 6 months to accomplish?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #1003
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Expect bigly speeches from Mr. Trump tomorrow
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #1004

expect trump to say they had terrible candidates and that's why they lost the house.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:51 PM   #1005
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
expect trump to say they had terrible candidates and that's why they lost the house.
President Trump is already blaming House Speaker Paul Ryan for what the President’s team is expecting to be a bad night for the GOP in the House, two sources close to the White House said.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #1006
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
It was predicted for months that the Reps would lose the house. This is really nothing new other than the polls being accurate.

Considering US politics & media have morphed into some mutant creation where PBS meets Jerry Springer, I predict the next 2 years will be as glorious as the previous 2.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #1007
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 13 Times in 7 Posts
so nothing major will happen until at least 2021, is that an accurate statement?

Quote:
If a House majority votes to impeach, it would be the equivalent of an indictment. Then it goes to the Senate for a "trial." In the very unlikely event that Democrats get a one or two seat majority there, it still requires a two-thirds vote to "convict", to remove the person from office. Even if strong incriminating evidence is uncovered, it remains impossible to imagine 15 Republicans crossing the aisle to vote against a president of their own party.
source: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...090853738.html
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CED` View Post
so nothing major will happen until at least 2021, is that an accurate statement?

source: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...090853738.html
We will finally get to see trumps taxes.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #1009
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,872 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Didn’t we see enough from that NYTimes article? Yup he’s a tax cheat... and? The IRS going to do anything about it? Is anyone? Just like everything else with the guy, it’s wrong and everyone knows it and everyone knows he’s a lying racist piece of shit, but he just keeps rolling along cuz the system is totally and completely powerless to actually do anything effectual.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:02 AM   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Didn’t we see enough from that NYTimes article? Yup he’s a tax cheat... and? The IRS going to do anything about it? Is anyone? Just like everything else with the guy, it’s wrong and everyone knows it and everyone knows he’s a lying racist piece of shit, but he just keeps rolling along cuz the system is totally and completely powerless to actually do anything effectual.
The NYT had no legal power the house does. The house is going to investigate every little thing he has done to dirty him up before the next election. Maybe piss him off so much he does or says something really stupid.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #1011
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
The NYT had no legal power the house does. The house is going to investigate every little thing he has done to dirty him up before the next election. Maybe piss him off so much he does or says something really stupid.
He does that anyway.............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2018, 07:16 AM   #1012
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
What, in your definition, defines him as racist?
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #1013
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
“Now, I'm not calling Mr. Trump a racist. I'm simply saying the racists believe he's a racist.”
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #1014
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
I think South Park said it best.

Quote:
Franklin believes that the new country must not seem to be a war-monger to the rest of the world; at the same time it cannot seem to be weak either. Therefore it must go to war, but allow protests. The United States will go to war on one hand, and use protest to oppose the war on the other. He refers to the this as "saying one thing" and "doing another". One member refers to this as "having our cake and eating it too".
I don't know if it's worse to quote SP, or wikipedia, but I just did.
And it is as poignant now, as it was in the early 2000's when they were protesting the war.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #1015

Michael Cohen: Trump said 'black people are too stupid to vote for me'
Omarosa claims she has heard tape of Trump using N-word
Lil Jon: Donald Trump Called Me 'Uncle Tom'

Not a racist.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #1016
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
I had the live press conference running in the background. Only tuned in to hear if Jimmies Acosta would be there, front row, making his name known.

Was not disappointed
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #1017
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
Look at how the Rep won the Senate with less total votes. Their election system is ancient and is seriously flawed and Trump team will continue to exploit it for 2020. States are given arbitrage seats that has nothing to do with population size.

Democrats have learned nothing from 2016. They will win the popular votes again and lose the election because of the electoral college. And people like Bernie Sanders is just gonna waste everybody time and money again and again. Old man yells at clouds. Nothing will change unless they start getting down and dirty and work the electoral college game and win the hearts of the rednecks, which is a tall order. Them rednecks are squarely in Trump's corner now.

Looking forward to another term for T.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #1018
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:

Not a racist.
Don't forget New York in the 60/70's when the gov't had to force Trump sr to rent to black people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/u...sing-race.html
Quote:
She seemed like the model tenant. A 33-year-old nurse who was living at the Y.W.C.A. in Harlem, she had come to rent a one-bedroom at the still-unfinished Wilshire Apartments in the Jamaica Estates neighborhood of Queens. She filled out what the rental agent remembers as a “beautiful application.” She did not even want to look at the unit.

There was just one hitch: Maxine Brown was black.

Stanley Leibowitz, the rental agent, talked to his boss, Fred C. Trump.

“I asked him what to do and he says, ‘Take the application and put it in a drawer and leave it there,’” Mr. Leibowitz, now 88, recalled in an interview.
The funny thing is, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Quote:
Over the next decade, as Donald J. Trump assumed an increasingly prominent role in the business, the company’s practice of turning away potential black tenants was painstakingly documented by activists and organizations that viewed equal housing as the next frontier in the civil rights struggle.

The Justice Department undertook its own investigation and, in 1973, sued Trump Management for discriminating against blacks. Both Fred Trump, the company’s chairman, and Donald Trump, its president, were named as defendants.
I don't know how the GOP won the senate, other than the fact that there is so much hatred in America right now, that half the country wants to see it burn.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #1019
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,921 Times in 761 Posts
Failed 367 Times in 95 Posts
the White House revolving door continues to spin...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...torney-general

Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, has been fired by Donald Trump, ending a long-running feud with the president over the Russia investigation.

Sessions said in a letter to Trump on Wednesday: “At your request, I am submitting my resignation.” He took credit for reversing a recent rise in violent crime and for taking a hardline stance on illegal immigration and gangs.

Trump said in a tweet that Matthew Whitaker, Sessions’s chief of staff and a vocal critic of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia inquiry, had been appointed acting attorney general and that a permanent replacement would be nominated later.

“We thank Attorney General Jeff Sessions for his service, and wish him well,” Trump said.

Sessions, a former US senator for Alabama, was one of the earliest supporters of Trump’s presidential campaign, but soon ran into trouble after being confirmed to the new administration.

He enraged Trump by recusing himself in March 2017 from investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election, following revelations that he had two undisclosed meetings with Sergey Kislyak, then Russia’s ambassador to the US.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #1020
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I think South Park said it best.

I don't know if it's worse to quote SP, or wikipedia, but I just did.
And it is as poignant now, as it was in the early 2000's when they were protesting the war.

Quoting South Park is totally fine. The South Park Republican is totally a thing. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are in fact Republicans... lol. A SP Republican is basically just right of center. I kinda fall under that category, fiscal conservative and social liberal. In Canada I vote for the Cons but if I were American, I'd probably vote Democrat unless the Republicans weren't so far to the right.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:22 PM   #1021
I don't get it

Failed 285 Times in 77 Posts
Only you would be dumb enough to believe anything that he didn't say himself.
Quote:

Not a racist.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #1022
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 13 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
The house is going to investigate every little thing he has done to dirty him up before the next election.
won't do shit
after Bill Clinton served 2 terms
after GHBTP leaks prior to serving
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #1023
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 PM   #1024

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
“Now, I'm not calling Mr. Trump a racist. I'm simply saying the racists believe he's a racist.”
Congratulations. And consider yourself honoured
Your hat rack post managed to do the unthinkable. Draw a fail from yours truly.
A feat that even fucktardery posts from the likes of Manpc! Weren't capable of.

Quote:
Don't forget New York in the 60/70's when the gov't had to force Trump sr to rent to black people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/u...sing-race.html
now I'm officially triggered.
In 1964 a full third of white Americans polled stated they'd go to the extent of moving if a black person moved in next door.
With just an ounce of critical thought it's pretty easy to see why they were discriminating against blacks. Not because they hated them. But Because it was more profitable.
And if a third of white Americans said they'd prefer to live next door to black people, I'm pretty certain they'd be just fine renting to them.
Keep in mind this was only five years into the 1968 civil rights act when this case came forward. Along with many MANY others against other landlords at the time.

Let's put this into perspective. Obama wasn't in favor of gay marriage until all the way up to 2012. Hillary was against it until 2013.
I don't hear the media or anyone for that matter blasting them as homophobes when that was just 5 and 6 years ago.
Drawing parallels from 45 years ago is fucking retarded.

Quote:
I don't know how the GOP won the senate, other than the fact that there is so much hatred in America right now, that half the country wants to see it burn.
Correction. They didn't just win the Senate. They picked up seats.
And Most of them in toss up races Obama campaigned in
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:00 PM   #1025

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Racist Trump.
Ma n$gga
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: