REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:52 AM   #1501
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
It’s hard to believe they’ve even let Biden get this far. It honestly opens up thoughts about conspiracy theories etc or how the party’s operate as being discussed in the last few pages because how the fuck can anyone watch him and think he has a chance lol
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2020, 08:12 AM   #1502
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
Given the major left leaning of all the other candidates. Biden was the only moderately liberal candidate. The DNC is not ready for the extremist views of Bernie, Warren, Buttgeig, etc. The only other candidate that would have worked would have been Bloomberg, but with no political experience, and low numbers, Biden was the only choice, sadly enough.

I highly doubt Bernie gets on the ticket. The DNC is rigged. As we saw from the last few elections.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 09:04 AM   #1503
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...d-a-united-gop

Quote:
While some in the media spent much of Super Tuesday reveling in Joe Biden's awakening from political death, they entirely missed the untold story of Super Tuesday: President Donald Trump's record-breaking vote counts and turnout.

Despite being an uncontested incumbent, President Trump managed to break several turnout and vote-count records in blue states and key swing states.

In Vermont and Minnesota, Trump's vote totals beat every past incumbent's total in the last four decades. In Maine, the president's vote total bested every primary candidate's total since before President Ronald Reagan. In Massachusetts, the story was similar, with Trump aggregating a higher vote total than past incumbent Republicans since before Reagan.

And in deeply blue California, with 82 percent of precincts reporting, President Trump collected nearly 1.4 million votes.

Turnout numbers similarly showcased the enthusiasm of Republican voters. In Colorado, for example, Republican turnout for Trump on Tuesday was greater than the past three Republican primaries combined.

The evident enthusiasm for Trump was made clear in red states, in swing states, even in blue states on Tuesday evening, indicating that the Republican Party is more unified than ever before and is growing in numbers.

Indeed, Tuesday night's results are reflective of the data the Trump campaign collects in the lead-up to rallies. The campaign routinely finds that about a quarter of those who register to attend Trump rallies are Democrats and around 10 percent to 15 percent did not vote in 2016.

For example, in Nevada - the most recent blue state where the Trump campaign held a rally - 27 percent of rally registrants were black or Latino and 32 percent of registrants overall did not vote in 2016.

Tuesday night's results, combined with rally data, indicate that the Trump coalition is growing larger and is more energetic than ever before.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #1504

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Given the major left leaning of all the other candidates. Biden was the only moderately liberal candidate. The DNC is not ready for the extremist views of Bernie, Warren, Buttgeig, etc. The only other candidate that would have worked would have been Bloomberg, but with no political experience, and low numbers, Biden was the only choice, sadly enough.

I highly doubt Bernie gets on the ticket. The DNC is rigged. As we saw from the last few elections.
Being pro-war, against universal health care, against getting money and Wall Street out of politics, among other stances, seems to be the extremist stance, given the viewpoints of many Americans. Biden and all the Dem candidates, minus Bernie and Gabbard (who is still in the race) and Yang, should be considered the extremists.

Biden certainly didn't seem to think Bernie was an extremist in 2016:
Old 03-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #1505
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
^^^
All a part of the DNC magic.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #1506
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I really don't think enough is being talked about in terms of absolute voter fraud. I have zero confidence that these elections are anywhere legitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
It’s hard to believe they’ve even let Biden get this far. It honestly opens up thoughts about conspiracy theories etc or how the party’s operate as being discussed in the last few pages because how the fuck can anyone watch him and think he has a chance lol

Last edited by mikemhg; 03-07-2020 at 12:38 PM.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2020, 04:14 PM   #1507
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
I think we'll know who the DNC really wants to be as president when Biden announces his VP candidate. Because no fucking way that guy is lasting a year in office, if he even makes it to the actual election. And they know this
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2020, 04:09 AM   #1508

"We can not get reelect-- um we can not win this reelection. Excuse me. We can ONLY reelect Donald Trump."

This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #1509
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Another company with 130 plus employees about to go under thanks to trumps tariffs and it's not the only company. Good job.

Old 03-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #1510

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Who would've guessed Trump would become President, let alone a two term President?
Old 03-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #1511
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 14 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I really don't think enough is being talked about in terms of absolute voter fraud. I have zero confidence that these elections are anywhere legitimate.
The dems are against providing voter ID. They’re for mass immigration and expanding social welfare programs.

Hmmm... seems like there’s a connection here
birddog3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:12 AM   #1512
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 14 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think we'll know who the DNC really wants to be as president when Biden announces his VP candidate. Because no fucking way that guy is lasting a year in office, if he even makes it to the actual election. And they know this
Kamala Harris
birddog3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #1513
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
"We can not get reelect-- um we can not win this reelection. Excuse me. We can ONLY reelect Donald Trump."

https://streamable.com/0q04m

whatever u say man, he still makes more sense than DT most of the time.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2020, 11:13 AM   #1514

most time US has faced problems during election time (war , etc) they have voted incumbent back in so as to not rock the boat. Guess that is people's tendency. wonder if with Covid it will be the same
Old 03-15-2020, 02:10 PM   #1515
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
"the 15, within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero." - Trump 02/27

"They’re there, they have the tests, and the tests are beautiful. Anybody that needs a test gets a test." -Trump 03/06

"I don't take responsibility at all." - Trump 03/13

This virus wont be Canada's downfall. It's this bozo in charge down south that's our greatest threat.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2020, 02:36 PM   #1516

Not only is he completely stupid, but actually legitimately evil
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2020, 02:40 PM   #1517
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
So do you guys think the Fed lowered rates as much as they did because of pressure from Trump?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #1518
SiRVs up, dude

Failed 31 Times in 17 Posts
I have a hunch the DNC actually wants Trump re elected - they are an absolute failure of a political party with too many cooks in the kitchen trying to run the show behind the scenes.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:07 PM   #1519

As long as dnc gets control of the Congress. Dt in office won't matter.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #1520

Quote:
Not only is he completely stupid, but actually legitimately evil
I read about this earlier today. This man is unbelievable. Get him the fuck out in 2020.

Ugh, the debates last night were so disappointing, I can't fathom how the Democrats are really putting all their chips in for Joe Biden.

Yikes.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:21 AM   #1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
I have a hunch the DNC actually wants Trump re elected - they are an absolute failure of a political party with too many cooks in the kitchen trying to run the show behind the scenes.
I was saying this earlier Sirv. Totally agree.

Trump serves the oligarchy, and he does so in spades apologetically. This is why the Democrats have done little in terms of pushing against his agenda for the most part. Heck they all lined up and singed off on his military budget, tax cuts, and trade agreement.

As I said before, for them, it's almost easier to allow him to remain in power and continue his policies that benefit the establishment agenda while they sit on the sidelines grasping their pearls and feigning their dissent for his policies.

It's a perfect scenario for them.

They can act as the "opponent" party while doing absolutely nothing in the process. Continuing to enrich themselves further, and collect those "donations" from their same donors who give money to the Republicans.

Republicans - Paid to Win
Democrats - Paid to Lose

Citizens United should be the focus for any person in the US, it needs to absolutely be abolished, and I don't hear Biden speaking anything to this point.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #1522

Imagine if a company outside the US creates a vaccine then charges US citizens 10k a dose because they can.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #1523
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:56 AM   #1524

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
MSNBC doing an excellent job reporting on this

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #1525

Remember when everyone was happy that GM was going to start making ventilators? Well, they now want 1 billion from the US government. So Trump is now shopping around. Yaaaa capitalism

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavi...4aa368ca2.html