REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #1601
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
Same sentiment here... Doesn't matter if they're guilty or innocent, their career is already ruined. The worst part is, nobody cares after the fact that they're innocent because everyone else has moved on and they're left on their own to pick up the pieces of their career.

Look at Patrick Brown, one accusation and he decided to step down. Ontario got Doug Ford instead. Later on Brown's accusers recanted but nobody cared at that point... at least he was able to pick up his career again.
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2020, 07:44 PM   #1602
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
These days the accusation is all you need because most people don't have the attention span to stick around for the verdict. If you knew someone who was accused of child molestation but it fell through in court would you consider them to watch your kids on a night out? Their reputation is gone forever whether it was true or not.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2020, 07:52 PM   #1603
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
A lot of things are like that now. Increasingly the media will post poorly researched, agenda driven, garbage full of grammar and spelling mistakes in order to generate clicks. If they get called out on it, they post a retraction/correction/apology buried deep under all their other nonsense. They don't care, they got their traffic and advertising dollars. The recent slander of Elon Musk by CNN is good example of this.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:22 PM   #1604
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
No I agree here.

The difference with Trump is that we know he's a womanizing sexual abuser, it's well documented, and I don't even think Trump tries to pretend he's not.

With Biden, he carries this clean image, he wants to you know he's wholesome and trustworthy, two very different images these two guys put forward.

If there's any validity to this claim, it doesn't look good for Biden.

While I agree that Trump has done far worse things to women (literally the same thing in fact), but the Dems are supposed to be "self righteous" in regards to woman's rights. Trump has never ran on that type of agenda.

You can't have this type of skeleton in your closet, then run on women's rights. This doesn't look good for Biden if it's true.

I have to say though, I am getting tired of these types of scandals, whether on the left or right here. We all know as men we've likely done something at least once that might have been somewhat offside, something when looking back, you'd never do again.

It's become so easy to ruin someone in the public eye with one mere accusation from decades ago (not speaking about Biden on this one, just in general).

I often wonder what types of people will end up wanting to run in politics if this continues to become an effective method of attack here, I know I sure as hell wouldn't
IMO the answer to a sexual allegation is never "well your guy did it too"

But yeah in general guys are creeps, and need to know how to act to prevent messing with peoples heads.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:33 PM   #1605

People who vote for Trump literally do not care what he has done. Theres no scandal too insane that would make a Trump voter not vote for him. Unfortunately Democrats are the exact opposite, they'll just listen to any accusation thrown out there, not vote at all and then be up in arms when Trump wins again.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #1606
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
CNN has been ignoring the Tara Reade story to protect Biden. Twitter gave out temporary bans to anyone posting a certain meme making fun of Biden's mental state. Google has removed all trace of the Larry King episode with the phone call from Tara Reade's mother.
Neither side of the political spectrum has a monopoly on integrity.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #1607
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Would be nice if Tara Reid had stronger evidence besides telling her mom and a friend. Anyways let's accept it and chalk it up as one accuser for Biden. Still better than Trump's history no?

Given the only choice between bonehead #1 and bonehead #2. You choose rapist Biden over rapist retarded Trump.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #1608

Biden is also REALLY fucking weird with kids. I remember seeing footage YEARS ago of how he acts with children, and it sent shivers down my spine.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #1609

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Biden is also REALLY fucking weird with kids. I remember seeing footage YEARS ago of how he acts with children, and it sent shivers down my spine.
Care to elaborate on that? You've basically called him a pedophile with that comment so what did he do?
Old 04-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #1610

There are tons of gifs out there of him touching kids weirdly and holding them close, playing with girls' hair, sniffing them, etc... This is all before he became the DNC candidate

That's just a few examples from one twitter thread I just found (actually you should just open the whole thread in twitter if you want to see them, the way Twitter embeds posts in pairs is pretty annoying). There are many others, I'm not even sure if these are the ones I saw a few years ago.

I'm not saying this makes him a "pedophile", but this is definitely uncomfortable to watch (which is what I actually said).
Old 04-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #1611
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
CNN has been ignoring the Tara Reade story to protect Biden. Twitter gave out temporary bans to anyone posting a certain meme making fun of Biden's mental state. Google has removed all trace of the Larry King episode with the phone call from Tara Reade's mother.
Neither side of the political spectrum has a monopoly on integrity.
https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/sta...15490656632834
That's the same thing fox news has been doing. For how many decades did roger ailes rape women?
Old 04-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #1612
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
in no way trying to excuse wrong and downright creepy behaviour like that but you have to remember hags like biden/trump grew up in the 50s 60s where it was the norm for kids to hug or kiss the santa claus/doctor/creepy family friend uncle on the cheeks
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2020, 08:21 PM   #1613

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
in no way trying to excuse wrong and downright creepy behaviour like that but you have to remember hags like biden/trump grew up in the 50s 60s where it was the norm for kids to hug or kiss the santa claus/doctor/creepy family friend uncle on the cheeks
Dude watch the videos, look at how uncomfortable those kids are. This is WAY beyond a guy who is "a bit too affectionate"

Also he's stopped doing it apparently, so someone decided that he had to stop (in public at least )
Old 04-26-2020, 08:54 PM   #1614

i did and the kids/parents were noticeably violated

it happened multiple times in a govt photoshoot so he probably thought it was acceptable and has a MUCH different idea of boundaries... would be way worse if it happened behind closed doors so can't write it off as being malicious or predatory; at least he knows that shit wont fly anymore

anyways just because i dont agree with it doesn't mean i believe he's unfit to be a leader
Old 04-26-2020, 09:03 PM   #1615

Oh he's definitely unfit to be a leader for a variety of other reasons, this one is just creepy and gross
Old 04-26-2020, 10:15 PM   #1616
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Well, I guess it's Donald "grab 'em by the pussy" Trump for another term. Good thing two terms is all you get.

god bless, America!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #1617
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Biden's creepy behaviour reminds me of the entire "Pizzagate" conspiracy theory that was going on awhile back.

This world is so fucked up
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #1618
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Well, I guess it's Donald "grab 'em by the pussy" Trump for another term. Good thing two terms is all you get.

god bless, America!
Don't worry, it will be Ivanka or Kushner next
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #1619
Banned By Establishment

Failed 275 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
People who vote for Trump literally do not care what he has done. Theres no scandal too insane that would make a Trump voter not vote for him. Unfortunately Democrats are the exact opposite, they'll just listen to any accusation thrown out there, not vote at all and then be up in arms when Trump wins again.
Despite everything Trump has said in press briefings or tweets, he does one thing that will get re-elected - he puts America first. This is something our leadership fails to do. I'd vote for red because the democrats have no spine and concept of nationalism. Too many people vote based on popularity, not policy. I'd vote for anyone in this country that puts forth a 'Canada First' policy.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #1620

like the Lavalin scandal 'but i was standing up for the jobs of Canadians'?
like selling Saudi regime armour vehicles 'securing thousands of jobs'?
Old 04-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #1621
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
like the Lavalin scandal 'but i was standing up for the jobs of Canadians'?
like selling Saudi regime armour vehicles 'securing thousands of jobs'?
lol sure. All the while turning Roxham Road into a de facto border crossing and allowing thousands of "asylum seekers" into the country. dIvErSitTy iS oUr sTrEnGth.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2020, 09:09 AM   #1622
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Lol at "making sure not to help less fortunate countries" being a desirable political campaign.
Like helping that leech of a country called Puerto Rico. AMERICA FIRST. DONT HELP THE PUERTO RICANS. FUCK HAWAII AND GUAM WHILE YOUR AT IT. MURICA.
Also, is New York a country? Asking for a friend.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2020, 09:24 AM   #1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
lol sure. All the while turning Roxham Road into a de facto border crossing and allowing thousands of "asylum seekers" into the country. dIvErSitTy iS oUr sTrEnGth.

and that's the only place people cross the boarder. You sound like a broken record.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #1624
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
and that's the only place people cross the boarder. You sound like a broken record.
Pot, meet kettle

I could go on how much of a failure Trudeau and the Liberal party has been, but this is a Trump thread.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:01 AM   #1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Pot, meet kettle

I could go on how much of a failure Trudeau and the Liberal party has been, but this is a Trump thread.
Failure? LOL! He will get elected again. I know cons like to complain we didn't shut down the borders fast enough but peter mckay sent in his wife and kids to Mexico on March 10th.