REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #1951
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Someone had to fill the gap in the painful to read shitposting here since happyslip disappeared.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #1952
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
MrHappySlip is GWB to Hehe's Trump.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #1953
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Holy fuck, do you have friends man? Do you go out? You have the mindset of some sheltered guy who lived in his folk's basement, unexposed to the world.

I've never heard anyone allege that cheating is a "lefty" thing

Your talking points are so lame, obtuse, and esoteric, I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to actually be around you.

You're like that guy someone brings out to a gathering that everyone avoids.
Bahahaha. First my family relationship, now my friends relationship... you guys should really learn how to structure a coherent argument instead of resorting to personal attacks when you ran out of things to say.

I guess that shows how "classy" you guys can be.

You know the thing I find with most people I know who are liberal-leaning? It's the same thing as happening in this very thread.

They talk things that they have no idea about other than some "perfect world" ideologies and think that they are actually making a difference in this world by thinking it that way. They even gather together talking about how good they all are as they all share this "perfect" ideology.

You know where the problem is? They are just pretending to care because it seems to be the "cool" things to do and support... and get them a few extra Likes on FB or IG.

When asked to actually DO something about it, say climate change or racial discrimination, they find all sort of excuses to no actually execute on the very ideas that they came up with.

Climate change: we need to go GREEN!
Ok, how about going EV or PHEV for your new car?
Oh, no... it's too expensive, or the technology is not yet ready. I want a Bimmer or Benz and their EV/PHEV are more expensive and less performing than their gasoline version.

This is the reason why I can't support libertarians anymore. They are so focus on the group thing that they ignore what really matters: start with yourself, be responsible to yourself based on your ideologies.

For libertarians, tt's always about someone else. If there's something wrong, it's someone else's problem, we have to change that. If there's something to do, someone else must do it before we can make a difference...

So pathetic when it's always the talk, never the walk.

No wonder some political parties take these groups for granted. As long as you can push a narrative, however obsurd the narrative is... you can control whatever the heck you want them to do.

Take racial discrimination... I truly believe here on RS, we don't have racists. In fact, we'd actively go out of our way to ensure we are respecting every races. And that's the clever part. All they needed to push is this message: you are racist if you don't support BLM.

And there you go... you support BLM because you don't want to be racist, and you are therefore supporting the Dems. If you don't support the Dems, you are not supporting BLM and thus you are racist.

See how easy that works? But is that really what a "racist" is about? So a black guy who hates anyone who isn't black (clearly a racist) and supports BLM... suddenly he isn't racist?!? See how ridiculous the whole thing is?

So I don't like Dems and their president candidate, thus I must be a cheating husband with no friends because you have friends and not cheating on wife and you are Dems supporter?

Grow the fuck up and live up to your words and responsibilities.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:54 AM   #1954
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
go outside and lay off the internetz for a while.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #1955
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post

This is the reason why I can't support libertarians anymore. They are so focus on the group thing that they ignore what really matters: start with yourself, be responsible to yourself based on your ideologies.

For libertarians, tt's always about someone else. If there's something wrong, it's someone else's problem, we have to change that. If there's something to do, someone else must do it before we can make a difference...
libertarians =/= liberals

In fact, you probably are one yourself hehe. You just don't even know it.

Last edited by CivicBlues; 07-24-2020 at 11:11 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
libertarians =/= liberals

In fact, you probably are one yourself hehe. You just don't even know it.
Oh, I was one. Until I realized nothing can truly get done if we don’t start with ourselves.

I care about environment, so I bought a Tesla and recently sold our last ICE car. I don’t use ac in my home even though I have a smart thermostat and everything and I find it manageable with just a fan.

It’s only a lil in the grand scheme of thing. But the idea is to take one step at a time and convince everyone around me to do the same and they do the same to everyone around them. Only by actually doing we can make a difference in the long run.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #1957

Somebody had to bring those ideas to the table in order for you to do those things, did they not? You didn’t wake up one day without hearing anyone mention it and say “I should be more environmentally conscious” although I’m sure you’d like to think you did.
All of humanities accomplishments have started by discussion and having someone bring ideas to the table to provoke change.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #1958
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Oh, I was one. Until I realized nothing can truly get done if we don’t start with ourselves.

I care about environment, so I bought a Tesla and recently sold our last ICE car. I don’t use ac in my home even though I have a smart thermostat and everything and I find it manageable with just a fan.

It’s only a lil in the grand scheme of thing. But the idea is to take one step at a time and convince everyone around me to do the same and they do the same to everyone around them. Only by actually doing we can make a difference in the long run.
Dude, I don't think you know what an actual libertarian is:

Libertarianism (from Latin: libertas, meaning "freedom"), or libertarism (from French: libertaire, meaning "libertarian"), is a political philosophy and movement that upholds liberty as a core principle.[1] Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing individualism, freedom of choice and voluntary association.[2] Libertarians share a skepticism of authority and state power, but they diverge on the scope of their opposition to existing economic and political systems.

This is totally different from a liberal or liberalism. In fact one could argue libertarians are closer in ideology to conservatives,US Republicans, and the views you are espousing here.

Kinda hard to take you seriously when you can't even get your terms right.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #1959

Liberal/libertarian

noun
a person, typically with a degree in library science, who administers or assists in a library.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #1960
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,872 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
I care about environment, so I bought a Tesla.
This one single eye roller of a statement tells me everything I need to know about you.

Consuming an expensive new product =/= caring about something. It is, however, great for your image (what you *really* care about) and allows you to be a sanctimonious prick to everyone. Congrats.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #1961
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
libertarians are the free market, personal freedoms, smallest government possible people... think neoliberal except even more extreme on the limits of government side of things. absolutely nothing to do with liberals...
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:12 PM   #1962

We guys can continue picking on words, but really... does grammatical really is what determines a flaw in an argument?

Why don't you guys pick what you actually can against my point?

So you guys ran out of things to say and the only thing is to pick word choices?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Somebody had to bring those ideas to the table in order for you to do those things, did they not? You didn’t wake up one day without hearing anyone mention it and say “I should be more environmentally conscious” although I’m sure you’d like to think you did.
All of humanities accomplishments have started by discussion and having someone bring ideas to the table to provoke change.
I agree 100% with this. What I'm arguing is what comes AFTER the issue has been raised.

Do we continue to TALK about it... hoping somewhere along the way, we can finally make a difference in policy maybe a decade or 2 later?

Or do we start DOING something about it, however small the step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
This one single eye roller of a statement tells me everything I need to know about you.

Consuming an expensive new product =/= caring about something. It is, however, great for your image (what you *really* care about) and allows you to be a sanctimonious prick to everyone. Congrats.
How much does my car cost is irrelevant in this topic. The only thing relevant is that, I chose to go EV because I wanted to MAKE a difference in the problem of sustainability and climate change. I could have gone a M5/6... but I ended up getting a Tesla because I thought that was the right thing to do.

Are you suggesting the very same argument I used in my example that because EV is too expensive, so even if I care about environment, I shouldn't choose an EV?! Then you are EXACTLY the hypocrite that I said in my example.

There are MANY EV or PHEV options in the market. Granted they aren't cheap econobox like a Yaris or something... but I just DID what's in my power to make the world slightly better. However slight that might be.

By choosing otherwise WHILE saying you want to bring awareness to climate change is hypocritical if not laughable. Reminds me of that politician who's all GREEN and yet fly private jets.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:22 PM   #1963
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
I care about environment, so I bought a Tesla and recently sold our last ICE car.
I hate to break it to you, but a Tesla does little to nothing to help the environment and some of the metals needed for the batteries were most likely mined using child labour. That's not unique to them, that goes for almost all EVs.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I hate to break it to you, but a Tesla does little to nothing to help the environment and some of the metals needed for the batteries were most likely mined using child labour. That's not unique to them, that goes for almost all EVs.
And you got that idea from?

This topic has been beaten to death. I read no less than 10 different academic papers on the topic. As it was one of the MAIN argument used by EV, or more specifically, Tesla naysayers. An EV vs. an ICE car, even if the electric power used by the EV was generated by coal, the EV comes out ahead in reducing the pollution.

And with BC being mostly powered by hydro electric, the difference is even greater.

Get your facts right before arguing for the sake of argument.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #1965
linguistic ninja

Quote:
We guys can continue picking on words, but really... does grammatical really is what determines a flaw in an argument?

Why don't you guys pick what you actually can against my point?

So you guys ran out of things to say and the only thing is to pick word choices?!
Words matter. If you're going to argue with someone about politics the least you can expect is for someone to use the correct terminology. Otherwise you just look foolish.

Your "grammatical" wasn't even touched upon but I can open a whole can of worms on that as well.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Words matter. If you're going to argue with someone about politics the least you can expect is for someone to use the correct terminology. Otherwise you just look foolish.

Your "grammatical" wasn't even touched upon but I can open a whole can of worms on that as well.
And it's relevant because?

I never pick on any specific words, because what matter is the context. What EXACTLY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?

I'm talking about putting into action with what you believe. However small the action is. And spread the words, passionate others to join to DO the cause you believe.

DON'T JUST TALK
Old 07-24-2020, 02:15 PM   #1967
linguistic ninja

Spoken like a true Libertarian

Old 07-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #1968
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 17 Times in 12 Posts
Spoiler!

This post provided me with a lot of perspective on Hehe's understanding of this world, the people around him, and himself. I've dropped all expectations of him using the right side of his brain and now I can empathize how frustrating it is for him to interpret the replies as a personal attack towards his identity. I think his posts deserve respect...maybe not in the context that they're correct and a reflection of the real world, but to constantly feel invalidated over a forum despite it working throughout his life. We all grow up in different environments and it can be said that our personalities are what helped us survive till this very day. In fact, it's very commendable that Hehe continues to express his thoughts. I hope one day he has the opportunity to experience and connect with someone outside of his perfectionist social social.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 02:43 PM   #1969
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I haven't looked into it too deeply, but I'm pretty sure the "actually EV is worse than petrol" is an old school myth perpetuated by "petrol heads" especially Top Gear (a comedy show which people took WAY too seriously but I digress)

At the very least, I seriously doubt mining companies would use CHILDREN instead of actual professional engineers and mining infrastructure.... Picking out diamonds in caves, OK maybe some creeps in Africa are doing that. Pulling tons of minerals out of the earth? Yeah I don't see how children would be useful there...

As for the overall impact on the environment, you'd really have to look into research. Bear in mind however that there is a ton of fake science out there with corrupt research to support the oil industry.

I know "petrol heads" don't like EV but the way I see it, ICE just a thing of the past that we will eventually move away from. 10-20 years from now, only shitty countries will allow them, or extremely remote places. I can see them allowing special licenses for classic cars, but seeing one on the road might be like seeing people riding a horse today.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #1970
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Even petrol boomer mainstay Harley Davidson is making an electric motorcycle to jump on board with the trend. I'm tired of hearing the bullshit surrounding electric vehicles being dangerous for the consumer and toxic to the environment. I hear the same thing about solar panels.

I was driving today behind a truck who was "rolling coal" because micropenis. For the hundreds of dollars to tune his truck to do that, its probably costing him thousands extra in diesel over the life of his truck. Clinging to an ancient mindset that correlates fuel consumption with horsepower with masculinity is just stupid.

Dinosaur juice is just that, a dinosaur, and it needs to go extinct.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #1971

It drives me crazy when I see people supporting the worst people on earth so fervently they that argue and fight about it. To me it looks like masochistic voluntary exploitation. Young broke right wingers and climate change deniers are just making the disgusting billionaires richer and more disgusting, and ruining the planet for it. And they get nothing out of it, and never will, because they are just regular folks getting exploited like everyone else. They're just taking glee in it for some reason, and making it just a bit easier for things to get more fucked up.

For what? Because they get to be part of the "club"? Except they'll never be part of that club, they will always be part of the 99.99% who gets exploited by the actual club.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xu.Vi View Post

This post provided me with a lot of perspective on Hehe's understanding of this world, the people around him, and himself. I've dropped all expectations of him using the right side of his brain and now I can empathize how frustrating it is for him to interpret the replies as a personal attack towards his identity. I think his posts deserve respect...maybe not in the context that they're correct and a reflection of the real world, but to constantly feel invalidated over a forum despite it working throughout his life. We all grow up in different environments and it can be said that our personalities are what helped us survive till this very day. In fact, it's very commendable that Hehe continues to express his thoughts. I hope one day he has the opportunity to experience and connect with someone outside of his perfectionist social social.
You know we actually don't think much differently.

We are all quite progressive in term of making our society a better place.

The only difference is the approach.

After working for so many years, having to teach my own kids and be responsible for many things in life, one thing that I learned is get the fact straight and don't BS.

When I was starting my startup, on every investor meeting, I'd create the fanciest and most inspiring pitch I can come up with, because that's what I was taught. The pitch has to be attractive.

That's TRUE, but they forgot to tell you the second half: be able to substantiate your claims. I've investments that failed in the last minute because some stupid stuff couldn't be substantiated and they just disregard everything as it possessed risk.

Thus, I learned to take small steps. Always do something that I know for sure and cut the BS. This way, by the time I actually get investors to do their DD, I'd have little problem of going through it.

Now, back to our discussion on several topics here. Look at underscore's post about EV being more polluting that ICE. That's a myth if not downright bullshit. And yet that post got a "like" by Akinari. If he really believed in that piece of information and someone else asks him about getting an EV, he'd say "oh, I read somewhere that EVs are more polluting than ICE".

All that can be prevented if underscore takes some responsibility on his posts and actually FACTCHECK his claims... not just some psudo-science source like TopGear, but actual scientific papers. Google is very powerful... the Scholar version isn't too bad and you can find many facts or debunk some myth by a quick 2min check.

But what underscore going to feel when Akinari comes to him saying, "hey, I read your post, I told my F&F that and they said it's BS"? He would probably just say... "oops"... and that's it.

That's the problem. People don't take serious about stuff they say, causes they support or even things in life in general.

I did similar things with my son. He'd ask me some kids stuff that I didn't know and I used to just bs my way out of it. Then one day I heard during a playdate that he was arguing something with his friend about some shit I said. From that moment on... I decided that if I didn't know anything he asked me, I'd tell him I don't know and we'd google it up.

What I said mattered to him. He takes it as the truth. What I decided on the business mattered to my work. It could mean whether we make or lose 6-figures on a single decision. And once I learned that... I hate just about anything that can't be substantiated with fact.

Don't get me wrong. We could simply have a different opinion on something and we'd just agree to disagree. But there are things that simply can't be reasoned... like BLM take ALM as their opposition?! WTF is that? So BLM but other lives don't? If we want to bring focus on black lives, why can't we focus on ALL minorities? That's why I question it. And it's not particular to that... I question everything I encounter in life, because I need to be responsible not only to myself, but to people around me... however close they are to me or just some random guy on RS.

Again, going back to something I've said before:
Too often, we care more about forming our narratives than what's true. Take underscore's post as example. He wanted to create a narrative that I drive an EV doesn't mean better for the environment. I don't blame him for believing in that. He probably had read it from some other dude who didn't factcheck. But before you post that information out, for the sake of the community, especially when RS is a car-oriented community, he should have fact-checked before posting. Question a bit on that statement... see what the opposition is saying and their evidences... then form your own conclusion.

Too often, we use quotes as a source of power. Like if I quote something... then the responsibility is all on that quoted material. That's like saying "with all due respect" and say whatever shit... that's not how it works.

I'd rather have 100 small but achievable steps... than 1 great grand vision that might never be achieved.

Last edited by Hehe; 07-24-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:38 PM   #1973
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 17 Times in 12 Posts
I understand that it's important to recognize the capability to execute a goal, movement, etc. I didn't know much about systemic racism, the educational system, the homeless, but had so much lived experience as a middle class individual in our society...and believe it or not...society is explicitly structured so we have disparity in our perceptions of those outside of our status. This is about getting the recognition and acknowledgment they never gotten before. BLM to many is to fit a narrative, but it is a lifestyle for every black person in this world..and that's not ok.

There isn't one approach that is certain, but whats certain is the facts that the folks in the respective demographics express. What's certain is the need for change and support from everyone despite our own assumed visions of whats best. This isn't about your vision...it's about them. If you cant envision their pain and suffering, you cannot envision the solution. What many of us here are voicing is the vision of those suffering right now. We are echoing their voices in hopes of bringing greater awareness. Trust them in knowing whats best for their own issues. When we are met with comments rejecting the very people who are struggling, it is disheartening, not progressive, and downright disrespectful to imply one's thoughts, emotions, lived experiences, and dignity isn't relevant because they're not a 'somebody'.

It's tough to assume Justin Tredeau will put much time and thought into anything spoken here, but what matters is those that do care and value the wellbeing of others are constantly trying their best. For me, I've donated to a number of associations in support of what I believe in, I've sent emails to governing bodies that actually read emails, I've reached out to my supervisors within my place of work with ideas and suggestions, and I'm constantly lending my hand to support. That's what I believe making a difference means. Without many others likeminded, nothing will ever reach the top. Support can come in so many other forms too and isn't exclusive of those.

Also, I have certainty that every member here has the capacity in recognizing their misunderstandings, blindspots and triggers and learning from it. Living up to it.

Let's not look to the people in power to change things becuase the people in power are very often some of the emptiness people in the world.

Last edited by Xu.Vi; 07-24-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #1974
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I haven't looked into it too deeply, but I'm pretty sure the "actually EV is worse than petrol" is an old school myth perpetuated by "petrol heads" especially Top Gear (a comedy show which people took WAY too seriously but I digress)
They've improved a lot over the last few years, but even the best ones don't seem to be that much ahead of ICE. One of the issues is their main carbon impact comes right off the bat, so it has to be driven quite a lot to even that out. If the vehicle gets totaled before that point (and Tesla won't let anyone rebuild them) then you're SOL in terms of polluting less.

Quote:
At the very least, I seriously doubt mining companies would use CHILDREN instead of actual professional engineers and mining infrastructure.... Picking out diamonds in caves, OK maybe some creeps in Africa are doing that. Pulling tons of minerals out of the earth? Yeah I don't see how children would be useful there...
Cobalt is a significant component in the batteries, that mostly comes from the Congo which is in Africa. They can get it elsewhere, but it's obviously a hell of a lot cheaper from there. This article is a good read, but I'll quote a couple bits for those who don't have the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...m-ion-battery/

Quote:
“It is true, there are children in these mines,” provincial governor Richard Muyej, the highest-ranking government official in Kolwezi, said in an interview. He also acknowledged problems with mining-related deaths and pollution.
Quote:
No one knows exactly how many children work in Congo’s mining industry. UNICEF in 2012 estimated that 40,000 boys and girls do so in the country’s south. A 2007 study funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development found 4,000 children worked at mining sites in Kolwezi alone.
There's also interesting stuff in there about the pollution from the mining and the birth defects the miners kids are having.

Quote:
As for the overall impact on the environment, you'd really have to look into research. Bear in mind however that there is a ton of fake science out there with corrupt research to support the oil industry.
It's tricky from both sides, you've got BS put out by the oil industry and you've got BS put out by EV companies. If people can fudge things for their own gains someone is likely to be doing it, that includes the "good" guys. I'm not pro-O&G, I'm anti-fake eco things that are worse than what they're supposed to replace. Don't give people a free pass because they're claiming they're helping the environment, put them under scrutiny and ensure that they're actually helping as much as they claim to be. That way we get solutions that are actually working, otherwise we'll be no better off than if we did nothing at all.

Quote:
I know "petrol heads" don't like EV but the way I see it, ICE just a thing of the past that we will eventually move away from. 10-20 years from now, only shitty countries will allow them, or extremely remote places. I can see them allowing special licenses for classic cars, but seeing one on the road might be like seeing people riding a horse today.
Once they get more of the kinks out (like actually supplying enough electricity, and not having such a massive up front carbon footprint) I agree, but it's a lot further out than that. I have friends with horses and seeing how inconvenient a hobby that is to have these days it depresses me to think about fun cars hitting that same point, though I do accept self-driven electric cars being most of what's on the roads is inevitable.

Back to our regularly scheduled mocking:

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 07-24-2020 at 07:25 PM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #1975

100% agree about scumbags and scumbag corporations (and governments) using "eco marketing" to get a free pass
This post thanked by: