REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:57 PM   #2001
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Cat go meow, stuck it to the left
Cow go moo, stuck it to the left
Dog go woof, stuck it to the left
Count to two, stuck it to the left
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:57 AM   #2002
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
A Houston doctor who praises hydroxychloroquine and says that face masks aren’t necessary to stop transmission of the highly contagious coronavirus has become a star on the right-wing internet

Before Trump and his supporters embrace Immanuel’s medical expertise, though, they should consider other medical claims Immanuel has made—including those about alien DNA and the physical effects of having sex with witches and demons in your dreams.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine

Beware the devil's skeet!
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:34 AM   #2003
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
The same doctor

Last edited by Manic!; 07-29-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 07:56 AM   #2004

Jesus is screaming at his computer right now “SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU IDIOT I NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT SHIT! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING”
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 11:22 AM   #2005
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
The grammar alone kills me.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 12:11 PM   #2006
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,884 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
So how much do I pay to become a doktar in deh muricas
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #2007
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
the best people!!
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:58 PM   #2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
So how much do I pay to become a doktar in deh muricas
I don't know what medical school is like in Cameroon but I'm pretty sure this lady just set back the reputation of schools in the developing world by fucking decades.

When you see shit like this you have to laugh, not just at the thinking but at the person who is so confidently espousing this bullshit.

We need to stop being polite to people who put other people in danger through thinking like this. Opinions are not facts, and science isn't subjective.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 12:58 PM   #2009
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
I'm starting to think Dr. Nick Riviera is actually quite competent by comparison these days
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #2010

Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #2011
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #2012

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #2013

Quote:
Donald Trump has suggested November's presidential election be postponed, saying increased postal voting could lead to fraud and inaccurate results.

He floated a delay until people could "properly, securely and safely" vote.

There is little evidence to support Mr Trump's claims but he has long railed against mail-in voting which he has said would be susceptible to fraud.

Under the US constitution, Mr Trump does not have the authority to postpone the election himself. Any delay would have to be approved by Congress. The president does not have direct power over the two houses of Congress.

Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the US Federal Election Commission, said Mr Trump did not have the power to move the election - and added: "Nor should it be moved." She called for more funding for states to be able to run "the safe and secure elections all Americans want".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53597975?S

This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 07:40 AM   #2014

Quote:
A whole lot of people who supposedly want Kanye West on the ballot in New Jersey just happen to write their name with a little circle over the little “i’s.”

The rap superstar’s petitions to win a spot on the presidential ballot have been challenged by a former Democratic congressional candidate who says they are “egregiously” fraudulent.

“The odds that 30 people in a row from all over the state would have a little circle about the Is is a little hard to believe,” said Scott Salmon, a lawyer, who wrote to the Garden State board of elections to contest West’s petitions.

“Mr. West’s petitions do not contain the valid signatures of 800 qualified voters and should have been rejected by the Division,” Salmon wrote in the complaint.

The rapper, who once praised President Donald Trump and said the two share “dragon energy,” told Forbes that he is “taking the red hat off” — a reference to Trump’s trademark red “Make America Great Again” cap.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...pcu-story.html

Old 07-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #2015
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/obit-c...irus-1.5668718

Quote:
Former U.S. presidential candidate Herman Cain dead after being hospitalized for coronavirus

Cain attended controversial Trump rally in Tulsa though it's not clear how he contracted COVID-19
Old 07-30-2020, 09:51 AM   #2016

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
I don't know what medical school is like in Cameroon but I'm pretty sure this lady just set back the reputation of schools in the developing world by fucking decades.

When you see shit like this you have to laugh, not just at the thinking but at the person who is so confidently espousing this bullshit.

https://youtu.be/C9SiRNibD14?t=41

We need to stop being polite to people who put other people in danger through thinking like this. Opinions are not facts, and science isn't subjective.
The idea of voodoo and witch doctor magic is a major issue in Africa and needs to be addressed. It's truly holding back much of the advancement in Africa, much akin to the superstitious ideas in Chinese medicine in China.

It's an educational and tribal issue that I hope is corrected at some point, though looking at the radical ideas and thoughts within the right-wing side of a first world country like America, I have little hope.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #2017

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I don't generally wish death on anyone, but this man was a terrible person. He sold his own people out to enrich himself. Best wishes to his family though.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 11:04 AM   #2018
SFICC-03*

imagine dying for a trump rally
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 11:11 AM   #2019
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Imagine having staffers use your twitter handle to spew far right ideologies while you lay dying in the hospital and acting like you're still okay.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 11:23 AM   #2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
The idea of voodoo and witch doctor magic is a major issue in Africa and needs to be addressed. It's truly holding back much of the advancement in Africa, much akin to the superstitious ideas in Chinese medicine in China.

It's an educational and tribal issue that I hope is corrected at some point, though looking at the radical ideas and thoughts within the right-wing side of a first world country like America, I have little hope.

The National Museum of African American History & Culture had released a (now deleted) infographic on the "White Dominant Culture" in the United States.

When I read it, I honestly believed it was a 4chan prank.

The infographic is critical of many Euro-centric ideas including

Emphasis on Scientific Method
  • Objective, rational linear thinking.
    Cause and effect relationships.
    Quantitative emphasis

It was incredibly disappointing to hear that this was actually developed by an institution associated with the Smithsonian, one of the country's most prominent museum cooperatives.

It shows that the priorities of some African Americans is to reject actual scientific basis, and although I didn't want to believe this to actually be true the evidence is clear in the priorities this organization has stated in their efforts to "de-colonize". It was incredibly disappointing to read.

Also, it is troubling to read things like "Work before play", "Plan for future", "Delayed gratification", and "Be polite" listed as some of their other criticisms.

The list and the statements are made not as things the black community should move away from, but as criticisms of "internalized white culture" which have been "normalized".

Incredibly short-sighted because I would expect that the Revscene community (skewing heavily in the Asian-heritage demographic) would see these values as some of their OWN cultural norms, not just "white" norms.

The "witch doctor" belief system, both in African cultures (as evidenced in the video I linked above) as well as the absolute bullshit that Trump Doctor is espousing reveals a troubling shift in thinking that accompanies "decolonization".

It serves to do two things.

1) It throws the baby out with the bathwater. It presumes to approach science in a, well, less scientific way. Home remedies may succeed for some, but perhaps we should leave treatment to the doctors.

2) It plays into ugly stereotypes that fringe wingers will use to justify their own racist beliefs.

If a prominent source on Black American thinking writes an article stating that the belief that "hard work is the key to success" is a "normalized white mindset", racist people may respond asking "What, you think its better to be lazy?" or that "being polite" and "avoiding conflict" is a "white norm", the racists might decry this categorization as black using anger and violence for solving problems (playing into the violent black stereotype).

Its wild that the anti-Semetic and blatently racist mindset that lets Nick Cannon skate by is so wildly accepted in America, but reading this chart makes me wonder if I should be surprised.

I haven't even talked about the bullshit going on in Asia mikemhg was touching on. Thats a whole other conversation.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #2021
SFICC-03*

i was on a groupchat with some of my friends and someone shared this link yesterday when he was still alive.

https://twitter.com/phlstem/status/1...569322501?s=20
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #2022
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post

Are these really criticisms though? It looks more like a description of white culture than a criticism of it... Some aspects are more troublesome than others, but I think the main point they're trying to say is "this is the way white America is" and nothing more than that.

What someone does with that info can be an issue of course...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #2023

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Turning Point USA co-founder died of COVID as well. Twitter account was still “owning the libs” and propagating anti-mask Tweets the same day.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2020, 03:27 PM   #2024
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
LOL... Italian, Greek, Spanish, Mediterranean, etc. culture is not "White culture" then I take it

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:58 PM   #2025
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: