REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:34 PM   #2126
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN25E2GI

I guess the protests infront of his house worked.
After they already removed how many sorting machines?
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #2127
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
multiple outlets such as?
Will this government report suffice?
I'm sure it won't
https://www.uspsoig.gov/document/mai...service-status
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 08-18-2020 at 03:57 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Will this government report suffice?
I'm sure it won't
https://www.uspsoig.gov/document/mai...service-status
What is it you think that report says?
Old 08-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #2129
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
It's a 2017 usps report that says in its background that 14,000 mailboxes had been removed within the 5yrs prior

Which I think was welfares only point from the examiner article

It also says that usps didn't get approval or notify the public for 55% of the boxes removed

Last edited by StylinRed; 08-18-2020 at 06:19 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #2130

OK maybe because I didn't get enough sleep, but I'm not really following this conversation well

Are people saying that Trump and GOP are not actively trying to fuck with USPS right now?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:09 AM   #2131
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
it's fine that the usps removes mailboxes when deemed unnecessary. it's the motive of why it's happening now that's in question. the president has even admitted himself that undermining the post offices ability to process ballots..

“They need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said in an interview with Fox Business’s Maria Bartiromo. “If they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.”
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #2132
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Once again he's conflating 2 overlapping issues that have been occurring prior to Trump.

People aren't sending paper mail anymore, this decrease has been going on for a decade now, hence the slow downsizing of the USPS.

Obama has never gone out of his way to stagnate the collection of mail in ballots, mere months before an election.

This is a very different issue here, which he can't get his head around.

You have a president who has appointed a lackey into a position in order to purposely nerf the collection of mail in ballots (which has been publicly stated by the USPS), along with attempting to institute a number of major changes to shrink the postal service months before an election in order to ensure a complete disaster to the voting process.

To compare the slow decline of the USPS over the last decade based on lack of mail volume, in relation to what the Trump and his Postmaster General are attempting to do before an election is pure idiocy.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Once again he's conflating 2 overlapping issues that have been occurring prior to Trump.

People aren't sending paper mail anymore, this decrease has been going on for a decade now, hence the slow downsizing of the USPS.

Obama has never gone out of his way to stagnate the collection of mail in ballots, mere months before an election.

This is a very different issue here, which he can't get his head around.

You have a president who has appointed a lackey into a position in order to purposely nerf the collection of mail in ballots (which has been publicly stated by the USPS), along with attempting to institute a number of major changes to shrink the postal service months before an election in order to ensure a complete disaster to the voting process.

To compare the slow decline of the USPS over the last decade based on lack of mail volume, in relation to what the Trump and his Postmaster General are attempting to do before an election is pure idiocy.

Trump didn't appoint Dejoy. The USPS did.
The USPS has been hemorrhaging billions of dollars per year, so yes, changes are in order. And even still, they've remarked that they wouldn't have any issue with capacity during an election.
Any issues they'd have would be through state regulations.

The equipment removed/replaced is part of routine maintenance. But has since been halted to quiet the mob of brainwashed morons who believe everything they see on Twitter without any subjective thought, so long as it verifies their position that orange man bad.

The Democrats TDS is on full display here with this conspiracy theory.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 08-19-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #2134

This is a really good article to read, Id quote it but it's so long

USPS has the funding to survive until 2021 and pandemic online shopping has secured them further into 2021, but they are going broke regardless.

Trump was pushing for drastic changes to get them out of insolvency, like higher rates, but the Dems want USPS to stay the course, with promises that they'll come up with a way to find more funding including a scare tactic of "service disruption"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...s-coronavirus/

Sounds like the scare tactic became "trumps trying to stop u from voting!"

I'm not a fan of trump, but I'm less of a fan of bs, 2020 just seems like a whole pile of BS out of our neighbours down south, from both sides of their party lines
Old 08-19-2020, 06:57 PM   #2135

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
This is a really good article to read, Id quote it but it's so long

USPS has the funding to survive until 2021 and pandemic online shopping has secured them further into 2021, but they are going broke regardless.

Trump was pushing for drastic changes to get them out of insolvency, like higher rates, but the Dems want USPS to stay the course, with promises that they'll come up with a way to find more funding including a scare tactic of "service disruption"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...s-coronavirus/

Sounds like the scare tactic became "trumps trying to stop u from voting!"

I'm not a fan of trump, but I'm less of a fan of bs, 2020 just seems like a whole pile of BS out of our neighbours down south, from both sides of their party lines
Schools need more and more funding to survive too... shut down schools? How about fire stations? They don't make any money! Shut them down!

The idea of shutting down a public service because it's not profitable is actually revolting.

There is ONE reason they're doing it right now.

However I think the thing is backfiring, and I think they've noticed. That's why we're seeing explanations like "it was always like this". It might explain Trumps weird tweet (but who knows with him)

The postal service thing has gotten people to take more effort than they normally would to getting their votes counted. GOP relies on cynicism to win elections. That's going to be hard after the Trump disaster, but not impossible.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2020, 07:39 PM   #2136
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
People worried about the USPS losing money but how much does the military lose every year?

Also, Laura Loomer a racist who is banned from social media, Uber and Lyft just got nominated to run for the GOP in Florida. trump congratulated her.

This is her handcuffing herself to twitter HQ.

Old 08-19-2020, 11:26 PM   #2137
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
after listening to clowns like trudeau and trump for so many years i forgot this is how a real leader speaks

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2020, 05:55 AM   #2138

-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 08-20-2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #2139
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!

you can't make this shit up.

Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon arrested on fraud charges in border wall fundraising scheme
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2020, 10:34 AM   #2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
after listening to clowns like trudeau and trump for so many years i forgot this is how a real leader speaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bps3m4eFTuE
He almost teared up a few times during that speech. What a profound difference between a man with empathy for the actual people he presided over, versus a pathological, narcissistic, deranged maniac in Trump.

The juxtaposition between these two is shockingly apparent.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #2141

Vice covered the fund the wall thing a while back. it started as a go fund me campain by a war vet.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/20/the-la...brian-kolfage/

Quote:
The Iraq war veteran charged with skimming $350,000 in donations for the US-Mexico border wall blew the cash on his “lavish lifestyle,” including a boat, jewelry and cosmetic surgery, prosecutors said Thursday.

Purple Heart recipient Brian Kolfage is accused of pocketing $20,000 a month — and a $100,000 up-front payment — from the viral GoFundMe fundraiser “We Build the Wall,” which launched in 2018 and raised $25 million.
Seems like anyone who goes near trump turns curupt.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:24 PM   #2142

^Corrupt, but yes.

Welfare, I try not to usually engage you, but at this point you're one of the few people on this forum that continues to cape for Trump.

I'm curious at this point, what exactly enamors you about him, specifically? What do you like about the man, what do you think makes him a president in which you support? What makes him a president that deserves a second term?

As well, can you cite me specific policies and initiatives that he has put forward and completed thus far in his presidency that you support? In your opinion, has he provided the items in which he campaigned on, and if so, can you provide me specifics? How has he improved government, and specifically "drained the swamp"?

Humor me here.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #2143

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
That it was the US Postal Inspection Service that filed these charges did not go unnoticed

Both Trump's 2016 campaign chairmen have now been charged with felonies

Drain the swamp!
Old 08-21-2020, 01:14 PM   #2144

Old 08-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #2145
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
Off topic... When I hear the name Kamala Harris, I can't help but think of James "Kamala" Harris... On a whim, I looked up to see how he was doing and found out he passed away earlier this month. I remembered he lost his legs a few years back to diabetes... Another piece of my childhood gone.. RIP
Old 08-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
Off topic... When I hear the name Kamala Harris, I can't help but think of James "Kamala" Harris... On a whim, I looked up to see how he was doing and found out he passed away earlier this month. I remembered he lost his legs a few years back to diabetes... Another piece of my childhood gone.. RIP
Yes he's been broke and with diabetes for a long time, then he got coronavirus while in the hospital for treatment, and passed away shortly after that after a heart attack. RIP
Old 08-24-2020, 12:29 AM   #2147

Kellyanne Conway is leaving trump at the end of august. This is why.
https://heavy.com/news/2020/08/claud...ghter-twitter/

Quote:
Claudia Conway, one of Kellyanne Conway’s four children, has long been at odds on social media with her mother, who serves as a senior counselor to President Donald Trump. Claudia, 15, claimed two weeks ago that her mom had her arrested for making “false statements” about her online. On Saturday, the tension between the two appears to have escalated.

On August 22, she announced via Twitter that she’s “officially pushing for emancipation.” Claudia, whose father is journalist George Conway III, tweeted, “Buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. Welcome to my life.”

Claudia started tweeted Saturday, August 22, about how upset she was to see that her mother would be speaking in support of Trump at the 2020 Republican National Convention. She wrote, “I’m devasted that my mother is actually speaking at the RNC. like DEVASTATED beyond compare.”

“My mother’s job ruined my life to begin with,” Claudia continued. “Heartbreaking that she continues to go down that path after years of watching her children suffer. Selfish. It’s all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen.”
How many lives is trump going to ruin?

Kellyanne Conway husband is one of the co-founders of the Lincon Project.

don jr. supporting the private wall go fund me that bannon was running.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9680631.html
Old 08-24-2020, 07:27 AM   #2148

Ahh teen angst
Old 08-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #2149
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Lol it’s pretty justified though. Imagine your families political arguments being broadcast to tens of millions while your mothers job is to defend and justify the actions of one of the most hated men on the planet.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #2150
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Must be really enjoyable at the dinner table in the Conway family.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote