REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-30-2020, 04:15 PM   #2376
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Look at Trump when he saw Joe Biden getting a hug from Jill Biden

Everything about him is so over the top, even having a First Lady who absolutely despises him
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #2377
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This isn't about left and right. I am FINE with people who are "conservative". Hell I used to be very "fiscally conservative" when I was young and cared about money. There are good people and assholes on both "sides"

This thread is about Trump though. When it comes to him, there is a clear right and wrong "side" to be on.

Edit: I do agree that the polarization of the US is a problem. But when you look at what's going on elsewhere (look at China for instance) maybe realize "it could be worse". Or maybe moving forward in our disaster of a future, that is the best solution?
You are right in that this isn't about left and right, it applies to both sides.

I don't think you quite understand what the doc is trying to say. Essentially, it is saying that folks like you will always forward twitter (insert any social media) posts that supports your argument and folks on the other side of the argument will do exactly the same. The reason why you get feeds/news that resonate with your beliefs/value (and you forward to RS) is because of the complex algorithms that google and others use. They know what you read, how long, and what you search for on google. Therefore, you will be further entrenched in your belief/view and the guy across the fence who is getting feeds that resonate with his/her view will be further entrenched in his. The result is polarization and no side truly listens to the other and have a reasonable dialogue.

I mean Proud Boys are sh*theads, agreed, but just stop and think about what Trump says about antifa ... there is truth in that statement but you won't hear or see it because you are so immersed in your view that no one is having any kind of reasonable intelligent dialogue. Everything on the internet and social media ends up name calling and all caps. Or, your dick is stroked by the likes that you receive (obviously by those who already agree with your view) which gives you a dopamine hit to post more. Your posts in this last page alone confirms exactly this.

AND you stay on news/internet forums/social media longer .. and advertisers pay IG, Google, Twitter because they have you hooked. This is how insider social engineers from Google, IG, FB, explain what they did while working for them. There is one quote, 'If you are not paying for the product (many social media platforms are free), then you are the product.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:19 PM   #2378
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Can someone here please define "white supremacist"?
Because the proud boys are a multiethnic group. And those guys in the picture just look like typical flag waving, Maga hat wearing Trump supporters.
I don't see anything that specifically defines them as believing the white race is superior.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #2379

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
I don't think you quite understand what the doc is trying to say. Essentially, it is saying that folks like you will always forward twitter (insert any social media) posts that supports your argument and folks on the other side of the argument will do exactly the same. The reason why you get feeds/news that resonate with your beliefs/value (and you forward to RS) is because of the complex algorithms that google and others use. [/B]
I only post that stuff here because it makes fun of Trump, or makes points about him that I think people might miss

I come across it because I follow a lot of games journalists on twitter, and they post this shit. I don't unfollow people based on their politics, it's just the crowd that I happen to follow, the ones who post politics, post this stuff.

I doubt I would ever follow someone who is pro Trump, not because they're pro-Trump, but because they would have to be so... wrong... that there would be no other reason to follow them. Maybe if I was a Jaxon Ryker fan I would have followed then unfollowed him by now though who knows But the people I am interested in, none of them are pro Trump, or at least not publicly.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:52 PM   #2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Can someone here please define "white supremacist"?
Because the proud boys are a multiethnic group. And those guys in the picture just look like typical flag waving, Maga hat wearing Trump supporters.
I don't see anything that specifically defines them as believing the white race is superior.
There are plenty of non-white white supremacists
Old 09-30-2020, 05:01 PM   #2381

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
There are plenty of non-white white supremacists
Sure, but what specifically makes the proud boys, or the people in that picture "white supremacists"?
-Norm Franz
Old 09-30-2020, 08:28 PM   #2382
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Sure, but what specifically makes the proud boys, or the people in that picture "white supremacists"?
Founder of the proud boys wearing a T-shirt of a skinhead band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrewdriver

Quote:
Skrewdriver were an English Neo-Nazi punk band formed by Ian Stuart Donaldson in Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire in 1976. Originally a non-racist punk band that was very influential to later Oi! bands, Skrewdriver changed into a white supremacist rock band after reuniting in the 1980s.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:01 PM   #2383
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Was reading their wiki, they seem to be multi ethnic, and have denounced white supremacy, but their membership does include white supremacist.

Their founder, co founder of Vice, distanced himself from the group because he thought it was becoming white supremacist

Quote:
The group was started as a joke in the far-right Taki's Magazine[16] in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder and former commentator Gavin McInnes, taking its name from the song "Proud of Your Boy" from the Disney musical Aladdin.[17][18] The Proud Boys emerged as part of the alt-right, but McInnes began distancing himself from the alt-right in early 2017, saying the alt-right's focus is race while his focus is what he defines as "Western values." This re-branding effort intensified after the Unite the Right rally.
This articles behind a paywall but it discusses why poc r joining them, it's from a couple years ago tho
https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-yo...emacist-groups

https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...r-right/tnamp/

DWs coverage seems pretty good as always, these guys sound like the biggest tools
https://amp.dw.com/en/who-are-the-proud-boys/a-55112663

Last edited by StylinRed; 09-30-2020 at 09:10 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:15 PM   #2384

Talking about groups like Proud Boys and white supremacists as if they're one and the same thing is not the right thing to do.

Trump refused to denounce white supremacists. Twice now.

In the debate, he told groups like the Proud Boys to "stand by"

That's it
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #2385
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Oath Keepers are another large group who are careful to avoid being labeled as "militia" or "white supremacist group" when clearly that is what they are, because they realize that being labeled as either of those will lead to their downfall and what led to the downfall of their unsuccessful predecessors. If they're simply a club of like-minded indiviuals protecting amendment rights and have an "America first" attitude they can just roll out that mantra and act obtuse about anything nefarious and basically gaslight everything back on their accuser should they be questioned.

They learn and adapt like every other form of life... unfortunately.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 10:36 PM   #2386

All these groups are interconnected. Proud boys is used as a public front to recruit for other more extreme groups.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:54 AM   #2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Founder of the proud boys wearing a T-shirt of a skinhead band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrewdriver
Wow you'd think that with international condemnation you could dig up something a little more tangible than a pic of the guy in a tee shirt twenty some years ago

Judging by your metric this makes Jagmeet Singh a terrorist. Remember when he was repeatedly asked to denounce the air India bomber and he wouldn't? He claimed it was racist to even ask. But no, it's not offensive at all to repeatedly ask Trump to denounce white supremacy. Even though he's done so already multiple times.
Yup, Jagmeet is a terrorist. And if you support the ndp, you're a terrorist too.
Oh and Biden likes to sniff random kids hair. He's a pedophile. Do you support pedophiles too?
This game is fun, isn't it?
-Norm Franz
Old 10-01-2020, 06:04 AM   #2388

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Richard Spencer also endorses Biden. What's that you say? Biden has already denounced Spencer? Doesn't matter. They are attached at the hip by the standards of the media and TDS sufferers. A vote for Biden is a vote for white supremacy. Given Biden's track record of racism (racial jungles, etc), his policies which have put more black people in prison, and his unwillingness to denounce violent hate groups like Antifa, that might not be such a wild accusation after all.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 10-01-2020 at 06:13 AM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:35 AM   #2389
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 46 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Wow you'd think that with international condemnation you could dig up something a little more tangible than a pic of the guy in a tee shirt twenty some years ago

Judging by your metric this makes Jagmeet Singh a terrorist. Remember when he was repeatedly asked to denounce the air India bomber and he wouldn't? He claimed it was racist to even ask. But no, it's not offensive at all to repeatedly ask Trump to denounce white supremacy. Even though he's done so already multiple times.
Yup, Jagmeet is a terrorist. And if you support the ndp, you're a terrorist too.
Oh and Biden likes to sniff random kids hair. He's a pedophile. Do you support pedophiles too?
This game is fun, isn't it?
No, but he looks like he wants their support. Just like how trump wants the support of white supremacist groups.

Makes me wonder why other parties won't use this more against NDP and Singh. This definitely tarnishes Singh. By the way, he is clown for saying it's racist for him to denounce the Air India Bombing.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:49 AM   #2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Richard Spencer also endorses Biden. What's that you say? Biden has already denounced Spencer? Doesn't matter. They are attached at the hip by the standards of the media and TDS sufferers. A vote for Biden is a vote for white supremacy. Given Biden's track record of racism (racial jungles, etc), his policies which have put more black people in prison, and his unwillingness to denounce violent hate groups like Antifa, that might not be such a wild accusation after all.
This is how you do it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...rsement-2020-8

Quote:
'Absolutely repugnant': Biden's campaign forcefully disavows an endorsement from neo-Nazi Richard Spencer
Sonam Sheth
Aug 24, 2020, 12:38 PM
Has trump said anything about richard spencer?

Old 10-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #2391

Quote:
This is how you do it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...rsement-2020-8

Has trump said anything about richard spencer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk
Did Biden condemn antifa? They, and BLM activists have been terrorizing cities, burning buildings and property, committing violent acts for the past several months.
Nope. Called it "an idea". You could call white supremacy "an idea" as well.
Of course not a single story from the media on Biden's lack of condemnation for these violent groups
-Norm Franz
Old 10-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #2392

Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
No, but he looks like he wants their support. Just like how trump wants the support of white supremacist groups.

Makes me wonder why other parties won't use this more against NDP and Singh. This definitely tarnishes Singh. By the way, he is clown for saying it's racist for him to denounce the Air India Bombing.
Has Trump gone to meetings specifically to discuss the creation of a white ethnostate?
Just trying to compare apples to apples here.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-01-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #2393

Quote:
Has Trump gone to meetings specifically to discuss the creation of a white ethnostate?
Just trying to compare apples to apples here.
In the over 500 years of the Sikh religion, Sikhs have never about a person's skin color, religion, or gender.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #2394
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,852 Times in 3,882 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
This thread is fucking depressing
Old 10-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #2395

Old 10-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #2396

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Will Biden denounce Richard Spencer? Before answering, please tell us all when you stopped beating your spouse. If you ignore or don't adequately answer, it will be understood that you have no stopped beating your spouse.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:40 AM   #2397

Quote:
In the over 500 years of the Sikh religion, Sikhs have never about a person's skin color, religion, or gender.
Right. I'm sure the separatists have just bombed planes and buildings because of their harmonious nature

The point is there are far too many stones being thrown in this glass house by people who think they're "right" because they willfully or unwittingly ignore the actions of those they favor and emphasize those of the ones they don't.

I'm more than willing to admit that there are some unsavoury characters who support the people that I favor. Can you say the same of those you support?
-Norm Franz
Old 10-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #2398
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...35577721466880
https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1311422140370030592
https://twitter.com/MartinaMarkota/s...39675812524034
Will Biden denounce Richard Spencer? Before answering, please tell us all when you stopped beating your spouse. If you ignore or don't adequately answer, it will be understood that you have no stopped beating your spouse.
I don't know how Americans can watch cnn or fox seriously
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #2399

. I'm sure the separatists have just bombed planes and buildings because of their harmonious nature

[QUOTe/] what buildings have been bombed?
Old 10-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #2400

Quote:
. I'm sure the separatists have just bombed planes and buildings because of their harmonious nature

[QUOTe/] what buildings have been bombed?
Here's a fairly thorough little compilation.
Pretty sure there's a few buildings in there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._Punjab,_India
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-01-2020 at 03:49 PM.