REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-13-2024, 02:20 PM   #1126
G
Banned (BBM)

Failed 86 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
what loaner? roadstar rental?
Not roadstar rental, just the ICBC supplied one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Did you get to negotiate how much you got?
Yes, negotiated and rejected. If I want to pursue further I would need to go through ICBC arbritration - which I don't want to deal with for an extra few thousand (1-2k max). Already a headache with recovery and not having a vehicle
Advertisement
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 03:04 PM   #1127
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,580 Times in 2,658 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Sorry to hear about you getting your car totalled.

If my guessing is correct -- the loaner vehicle is the one that the body shop loaned out to you, right? If that's the case, then it makes a lot of sense that ICBC / the body shop wants the car back soon because as a 2 separate businesses, at this point they'd just want to end the business transaction and move on to the next case.

Frustrating as it may be (for you), IMO ICBC is not in the business of taking care of our well-being. I only view them as the agent that facilitates the money part in all the transactions that would occur after an accident takes place. When you view them under that light, you expectations from them would change a bit.

As a means to bridge the time when you do not have a car yet, Uber and car sharing companies would probably be the cheapest and most functional stand-ins. At least, if I were caught in a situation like that, that's what I'd use myself.

Good luck with car hunting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Just want to rant:

Our car got totaled and we were given a settlement amount. ICBC makes you return the loaner car within 3 business days but the payout arrives to you probably in 10 business days. Isn't it kind of stupid you are without a vehicle and no payout money after you return the loaner? Not to mention after you get paid you have to go look at cars... Do they think you just order another one off Amazon or something?

Just feels like they throw money at you and then kick you out

/endrant
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 03:15 PM   #1128
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Sorry to hear about you getting your car totalled.

If my guessing is correct -- the loaner vehicle is the one that the body shop loaned out to you, right? If that's the case, then it makes a lot of sense that ICBC / the body shop wants the car back soon because as a 2 separate businesses, at this point they'd just want to end the business transaction and move on to the next case.
Thanks mate!

The car is not the body shop one but essentially ICBC rents a vehicle through Enterprise while the car gets evaluated and moved to the body shop. If the car is repairable by the body shop then you return the Enterprise loaner and you get a body shop loaner. If your car is deemed a total loss then you keep the loaner until they determine the payout. Once they offer you the payout then its 3 business days to return the loaner.

Will have to see whats more economical in driving around town but at the end of the day, might be the easiest to rent a vehicle for a short week or so to look at all the dealerships.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:21 PM   #1129
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,923 Times in 1,117 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
i've never heard of that - i thought that was what roadstar loss of use rental was for.

i can't see anything on my basic coverage policy that grants me use of a vehicle supplied by ICBC. that's why they specifically ask you if you want loss of use as an optional policy.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2024, 03:23 PM   #1130
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
i've never heard of that - i thought that was what roadstar loss of use rental was for.

i can't see anything on my basic coverage policy that grants me use of a vehicle supplied by ICBC. that's why they specifically ask you if you want loss of use as an optional policy.
I was thinking the same exact thing. I suppose this could be the policy itself but now I'm confused AF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 03:34 PM   #1131
G
Banned (BBM)

Yea I am not entirely sure?

https://www.icbc.com/claims/repair-r...transportation

If the other driver is at fault:
If you don't have Loss of Use coverage, you would likely still be entitled to a substitute vehicle if the other driver is found to be at fault.

From talking to the rep it seems as though this loaner is billed to the other party (at fault) somehow which is why ICBC tries to take it back as soon as a payout offer is sent.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:37 PM   #1132
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,355 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Yea I am not entirely sure?

https://www.icbc.com/claims/repair-r...transportation

If the other driver is at fault:
If you don't have Loss of Use coverage, you would likely still be entitled to a substitute vehicle if the other driver is found to be at fault.

From talking to the rep it seems as though this loaner is billed to the other party (at fault) somehow which is why ICBC tries to take it back as soon as a payout offer is sent.
The moment you sign off the ownership of your car, you lose the rental. It's super dumb, especially for the last few years where it was hard to find a car or you have to wait for the car to arrive.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 05-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #1133
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,012 Posts
Failed 198 Times in 123 Posts
Yea an acquaintance got their car totaled and it had to be towed. Basically icbc said to them the car is now theirs as they signed off on the tow and can't negotiate.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 05-13-2024, 10:15 PM   #1134
Performance Moderator

Thanked 17,071 Times in 5,704 Posts
Failed 289 Times in 185 Posts
^ This is wrong, man why you spreading misinformation about ICBC stuff lately?

You don't sign your car over until a settlement amount is reached. Your friend is full of it if they said that's the case from towing it away from the accident scene.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2024, 11:52 PM   #1135
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,592 Times in 1,207 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Just want to rant:

Our car got totaled and we were given a settlement amount. ICBC makes you return the loaner car within 3 business days but the payout arrives to you probably in 10 business days. Isn't it kind of stupid you are without a vehicle and no payout money after you return the loaner? Not to mention after you get paid you have to go look at cars... Do they think you just order another one off Amazon or something?

Just feels like they throw money at you and then kick you out

/endrant
Sorry to hear your car got totalled.

Did you also get injured in the accident? If so ICBC has a Income Replacement Benefit where they can pay you upto 90% of your salary. But ICBC is a pain in the ass when it comes to this as I have gone through with it recently.

Long story short, ICBC will treat you as a second payer if your place of employment has benefits for short term disability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 05-22-2024, 11:18 AM   #1136
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Sorry to hear your car got totalled.

Did you also get injured in the accident? If so ICBC has a Income Replacement Benefit where they can pay you upto 90% of your salary. But ICBC is a pain in the ass when it comes to this as I have gone through with it recently.

Long story short, ICBC will treat you as a second payer if your place of employment has benefits for short term disability.
Thanks.

No injuries but just pretty thrown around in the usual places like lower back and neck. I hope you recovered well yourself.

I’ve come to a conclusion that most stuff they should reasonably cover is not covered and whatever they cover needs lots of time and effort to get them to pay.

The only thing they have that works well in the system is the immediate coverage for recovery in terms of RMT, Physio, Kin etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2024, 11:54 AM   #1137
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,923 Times in 1,117 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
my conclusion is that the things you think ICBC should cover would be covered if you had the right optional insurance and coverages. as a fellow basic insurance holder, I don't want to pay for your rental car or any of your loss of use.

ideally, we'd have lower basic insurance per vehicle and then let me pick and choose what i want under a personal umbrella policy for myself, not each car I own.

one snag with online renewals is that you don't get in front of that decent agent once in awhile that can really tell you what you have coverage for and what you do not. This is where their only commissions should come from (optional policies)
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: