REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-09-2019, 05:43 AM   #2876
I STILL don't get it

Failed 8 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autorice View Post
in UK we had to do MOT every year. I couldn't put on rear tints or xenons
Yeah, but it's also not all that hard to find someone who would let you slide on a few things if they aren't too obvious.
Advertisement
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #2877
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,883 Times in 5,637 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
The problem with that second point is that lawmakers are stupid by nature, dumb civil servants that fail to realize how things will shake out. AKA zero foresight into how their actions impact the citizens. Typical shit public sector plebs. Again using the cell phone case as an example:
Quite a few people on here work for the government in some capacity... I agree with most of your rant, but might want to tone down the generalizations a little hmmm
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:27 AM   #2878
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,760 Times in 2,314 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Quite a few people on here work for the government in some capacity... I agree with most of your rant, but might want to tone down the generalizations a little hmmm
Yeah about 40% of the population is employed in some sort of bloated public sector job. Where the job of 1 normal person is handled by 3 people because their budget grows on trees every year while the rest of us suffer and can't get anywhere because we pay 60% or more of every dollar we make to taxes going to fund the public sector workers.

Sorry our government and its workers will never receive any praise from me. Recent developments on everything from management, to budgets, and planning show that our government and its workers are completely out of touch with the reality of this country and its suffering citizens.

None of this has any relation to the topic of VIs but its all a compounding series of failures by our government.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #2879
Performance Moderator

If you think citizens in Canada are "suffering" in ANY way compared to the rest of the world, you need to open your eyes or travel.

Stick to the facts of the VI issues instead of being an arrogant asshole to people you don't even know or know the work ethic of.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-09-2019, 12:14 PM   #2880

Quote:
If you think citizens in Canada are "suffering" in ANY way compared to the rest of the world, you need to open your eyes or travel.

Stick to the facts of the VI issues instead of being an arrogant asshole to people you don't even know or know the work ethic of.
You don't need to be starving or not have running water to be suffering. And no I don't want to wait until our unemployment is 8% or we have a financial crisis on our hands to address the problem. We have the opportunity now, however the people in charge of this ship were all aboard are blind, corrupt, or to stupid to try and fix the trajectory.

Instead they are focused on "let's get rid of loud exhausts and lowered cars". Okay yeah that sick, that's the biggest problem we face as a society.

Ive already seen the comments about places like California, if VPD and the government push this issue too much further I can guarantee the tame and overall pretty responsible car community we have here will start to degrade, and we will end up having the same street shutdowns and slideshows they have in California up here. That's what happens when you push peoples buttons like this. They rebel.

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #2881
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,001 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
I think the issue here is people choose to stay quiet. I'm sure there's police members on here, lawyers, people with dealer connections but they choose to stay quiet. How big do you think the VPD is. And I mean street officers not office workers. 200? 500? 1000? I doubt there's that many publicly facing officers. And how many is under the traffic department? 50? If 10 officers out of a group of 50 isn't doing their job properly and breaking code of conducts that's pretty bad. That 20% of a company is breaking policy. But other members of the institution choose to stay quiet plus the institution itself decides to ignore the issue. This means that the VPD itself has issues regulating code of conduct plus they have to much power/lack of regulation
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:09 PM   #2882
Performance Moderator

It's a real stretch to go from the economy of Canada and unemployment not being addressed because a couple of VPD members are focused on modified cars. I don't even know how the 2 are correlated at all, there's a Canadian politics thread in the off-topic forum if you want to rant about the Liberals or whatever. This isn't even the VPD in general, it's a couple of dick officers on a power trip. Lots of VPD members are totally chill and cool or part of the modified car scene themselves.

I agree with shutting it down before it escalates somehow though and been on board with that from day 1. Supreme court challenge of the wording of the officers ability to tell you where to take your car for inspection is a good one.

Many countries in the world wouldn't even let their citizens challenge the laws they create... you make it sound like we live in a dictatorship lol
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #2883
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
I really tried to not comment and clutter up this thread... But I couldn't.

If people who work in government truly think that they are, collectively, doing their job efficiently and effectively... Then all hope is lost.

meme is 100% right.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #2884

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
In other news, VIs have been spreading in abby (according to VCC). Lifted trucks getting trouble now.

Apparently (all hearsay) the officer said that all non-RCMP agencies are cracking down because they don't want it to turn into California.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #2885
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
In other news, VIs have been spreading in abby (according to VCC). Lifted trucks getting trouble now.

Apparently (all hearsay) the officer said that all non-RCMP agencies are cracking down because they don't want it to turn into California.
I literally don't understand this... We will become California if this keeps up haha.

The lifted guys have always been targeted, same as the car community. It's usually mud flaps and tires poking out that they get dinged for.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #2886
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
I'm in Cali right now - a whole lot of of Toyota and Honda shit boxes on the road. Only seen one SUV with stupid poke, but a whole lot of of Duck tape on old imports.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #2887
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Failed 33 Times in 24 Posts
i don't think we would get nearly as bad as cali. just based on sample size.

the population of the state of california is almost the same as all of canada lol.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:02 AM   #2888
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
They must be referring to the intersection takeovers

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #2889
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
Takeovers are a huge problem in Cali and this is something they are all afraid of. Me as well, just a bunch of dumbasses doing donuts in the middle of the intersection shutting down the entire grid to show off their "skills".
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #2890
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
I really tried to not comment and clutter up this thread... But I couldn't.

If people who work in government truly think that they are, collectively, doing their job efficiently and effectively... Then all hope is lost.

meme is 100% right.
Yah well, I been working in various capacities for 15 years and I clock in clock out every single day for a full day's work, never call in sick, always go above and beyond to get everything done/move stuff forward and have been a part of many projects full of people over the years that bust their asses to move programs forward in very positive directions... so fuck you and your "100% right."

Are there gross examples of abuse? Yah sure, I know of lots of people who get away with murder in private too. Welcome to the world.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #2891

Quote:
Yah well, I been working in various capacities for 15 years and I clock in clock out every single day for a full day's work, never call in sick, always go above and beyond to get everything done/move stuff forward and have been a part of many projects full of people over the years that bust their asses to move programs forward in very positive directions... so fuck you and your "100% right."

Are there gross examples of abuse? Yah sure, I know of lots of people who get away with murder in private too. Welcome to the world.
I appreciate that there is people who put in their fare share of work and put an honest days effort in.

But just know that the rest of the population doesn't see those people we really only get to see the lazy cunts. It's like when someone has a good experience at an estblaisment they might tell 1 or 2 people, but when that person has a bad experience they tell the whole fucking world. It's the exact same thing here, one bad apple can ruin the reputation of an entire department of the government.

And the reality is that there is so many examples of Mis management, abuse of funds, abuse of power, laziness, etc. That the general public really just generally doesn't have any faith in public service anymore. Obviously unless you work in public service. Lol.

The reality is that in private business there is someone to answer to, owners, shareholders, etc. And those people hold the workers accountable. In government that check doesn't seem to exist.

Anyway I apologize for generalizing and some of what I said, it was definitely harsh, but believe me what I wrote is not far from the sentiments of a vast majority of us private sector workers. The govnermnt needs to understand that without the money making side of this endeavour this countries has embarked on (the private sector), the public sector will cease to exist. Look no further than Detroit as an example. Thats the reality we exist under, the government is a net negative establishment even if they are running at 200% productivity. It's something that people seem to fail to understand, so it's great to say that teachers, healthcare and public service is half our economy, but the reality is that without the energy, forestry, mining, fishing, construction, manufacturing, and tech sectors, the rest of you cease to exist.

Anyway gab said it no need to clutter up this thread further.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #2892
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,180 Times in 623 Posts
Failed 97 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
I appreciate that there is people who put in their fare share of work and put an honest days effort in.

But just know that the rest of the population doesn't see those people we really only get to see the lazy cunts. It's like when someone has a good experience at an estblaisment they might tell 1 or 2 people, but when that person has a bad experience they tell the whole fucking world. It's the exact same thing here, one bad apple can ruin the reputation of an entire department of the government.

And the reality is that there is so many examples of Mis management, abuse of funds, abuse of power, laziness, etc. That the general public really just generally doesn't have any faith in public service anymore. Obviously unless you work in public service. Lol.

The reality is that in private business there is someone to answer to, owners, shareholders, etc. And those people hold the workers accountable. In government that check doesn't seem to exist.

Anyway I apologize for generalizing and some of what I said, it was definitely harsh, but believe me what I wrote is not far from the sentiments of a vast majority of us private sector workers. The govnermnt needs to understand that without the money making side of this endeavour this countries has embarked on (the private sector), the public sector will cease to exist. Look no further than Detroit as an example. Thats the reality we exist under, the government is a net negative establishment even if they are running at 200% productivity. It's something that people seem to fail to understand, so it's great to say that teachers, healthcare and public service is half our economy, but the reality is that without the energy, forestry, mining, fishing, construction, manufacturing, and tech sectors, the rest of you cease to exist.

Anyway gab said it no need to clutter up this thread further.
I worked in government for a brief 4-months. Pay was good, benefits were good, but once I saw the work ethics and efficiency of the people there, I got my ass out of government and back into private as soon as I could. Did not want to turn into one of them, so I pulled out while I still could. Meme, you raise a valid point. This is coming from someone who has worked for a government department and seen first hand how things are done there..

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 PM   #2893
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I think the issue here is people choose to stay quiet. I'm sure there's police members on here, lawyers, people with dealer connections but they choose to stay quiet.
a few people that cared really tried

to everyone else, i guess a hobby and lifestyle/luxury is not that high of a priority

and if business (ie tuner shops and even dealerships) are negatively affected on a significant scale, i guess they would've tried banding together, dont know if that's happening/happened

Quote:
You don't need to be starving or not have running water to be suffering. And no I don't want to wait until our unemployment is 8%.
unemployment and shortage of resources vital to life is now being compared to car modifications?

what in the fuck
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #2894

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thevalleycarclub/permalink/1246919515466862/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

M4 GTS just got box 2 vi'd - Pender x Granville. "BMW doesn't produce cars with roll bars"

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 04-11-2019 at 10:32 AM.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #2895

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
take the VI notice to BMW Canada on Cambie and Jacombs

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #2896
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
Ah there we go. A car that looks modified but is likely all stock as delivered from the factory. Good luck to the owner.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #2897
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 40 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thevalleycarclub/permalink/1246919515466862/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

M4 GTS just got box 2 vi'd - Pender x Granville. "BMW doesn't produce cars with roll bars"
I love how people are jumping to the conclusion that he's getting a VI even though there's no solid evidence of the case.

Could be pulled over for a traffic violation for all we know. Even that OP was vague on the details.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #2898
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,915 Times in 7,398 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
It’s already been confirmed by someone who knows the driver he got a box 2, so there’s actually no conclusion jumping involved.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #2899
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Failed 73 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6221 View Post
I love how people are jumping to the conclusion that he's getting a VI even though there's no solid evidence of the case.

Could be pulled over for a traffic violation for all we know. Even that OP was vague on the details.
I love how you jumped to the conclusion that people were jumping to conclusions even though you had no real insight into anything beyond that photo and the FB link.
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #2900
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 40 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
I love how you jumped to the conclusion that people were jumping to conclusions even though you had no real insight into anything beyond that photo and the FB link.
Did you even click on the FB link? The OP's caption is "RIP :Just now on Pender and Granville". Talk about insight...you're just proving my point.

And a "someone" who confirmed it was for a VI isn't evidence. All I'm saying is we should wait a bit before more evidence (such as the owner of that GTS) comes forward saying otherwise.

When that happens, I'll be happy to stand corrected.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote