REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #2901
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,915 Times in 7,398 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Yes. If someone doesn’t come on to RS and personally confirm VI with picture of violation notice to jk6221 it didn’t happen.
Those are new thread rules. Please update original post Bic Baws.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #2902
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 40 Times in 7 Posts
Jesus...people just need to calm down. Sorry for being a devil's advocate by trying to approach this rationally.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #2903
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6221 View Post
Jesus...people just need to calm down. Sorry for being a devil's advocate by trying to approach this rationally.
This is RS there is no rationale.

If BIC says it happened, it happened.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #2904
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
This is RS there is no rationale.

If BIC says it happened, it happened.
LMAO!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #2905
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
He posted on his Instagram that he got a VI (state ref).

Exact caption; "When VPD decides to come up with their own laws and your stock M4 GTS gets VI (state ref) for being stock..."
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #2906

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
He posted on his Instagram that he got a VI (state ref).

Exact caption; "When VPD decides to come up with their own laws and your stock M4 GTS gets VI (state ref) for being stock..."
That’s from Reggie and he isn’t the owner of that vehicle.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #2907

Thanked 31,915 Times in 7,398 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
You aren’t approaching it rationally. You are trying to be devils advocate. It’s not the same thing.
Devils advocate is to take a position that is not the common one for the sake of debate. I get it’s RS, discussion is welcomed, but Bic isn’t exactly an unreliable source in this thread.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #2908
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
So, I warned my coworker a while back about the VPD VI blitz and it finally caught up to him.

He got VI'ed for loud exhaust and ride height near Main and Terminal. He said they got a lot of cars and motorcycles during that blitz while he was being written up.

Funny thing is that it's a Honda Civic HFP and that's the exhaust that came with it. He took it to Honda for a preliminary gauge on what he'd need to do and they said his muffler should pass.

However, I wonder if that Honda dealer was threatened by Cain or is part of an autogroup that had some dealers visited by Cain, as they told my coworker that they will not pass his vehicle if it has any aftermarket parts and then they pointed out his wheels.

I know his vehicle wouldn't pass VI as is due to ride height but it's stupid that the officer cited him for exhaust when it's a factory Honda performance one and that he has aftermarket wheels.

He actually went to the junk yard to find a stock muffler just in case and he's gonna slap is stock wheels and springs back on.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #2909
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
So uh...other than commiserating in a forum thread, is anyone doing any actual organizing around putting a campaign together to make this bullshit stop happening?

I've been a labour and political organizer for a awhile now and would be happy to help out with this if there was an appetite for that sort of thing. At the very least, we should be documenting (with proof!) all of the VIs that are getting handed out, particularly VIs given to cars that are completely stock or modified in a completely legal way.

It's clearly a massive injustice that any asshole cop can compel you to spend hundreds of dollars on getting your car inspected, based on absolutely nothing other than them not liking how your car looks or sounds. There's no probable cause requirement, no dispute process, and no consequences for cops who give out VIs to cars that are very obviously completely street legal. It's essentially a system whereby the cops can give you a $100+ fine even if you haven't done anything remotely illegal. How is that a just system?

At an absolute minimum, we should be demanding:

1. A dispute process whereby you can get the VI cleared by ICBC if there's really nothing illegal about your vehicle, AT NO COST to the driver. ICBC already employs an army of vehicle inspectors for insurance claims, it's not at all unreasonable to demand that those inspectors be made available to inspect cars that have received VIs. If the ICBC inspector discovers defects, then sure, charge the driver for the inspection, but you shouldn't have to pay to prove your street legal car is actually street legal.

2. A requirement that the cop who issues the VI states SPECIFICALLY what about the car he/she believes to be an illegal modification. This makes it easier for drivers with actual defects to address the issue, makes it quicker (and cheaper!) for shops to do the inspection because they know what they're looking for, and makes the officer at least somewhat accountable for having something resembling a legitimate reason for issuing the VI.

3. Some form of tracking and oversight, by ICBC or another provincial agency, so that if there's a pattern of particular officers issuing VIs to drivers who end up being able to prove their vehicles were completely street legal at the time the VI was issued, there can be some form of accountability in place to prevent that behaviour.

That's just like a bare minimum of what begins to resemble a system that isn't patently unjust - I'm sure people here could come up with further demands that would be entirely reasonable. It seems absurd to me that everyone's just been taking this lying down for almost a year now.

Last edited by Niyeaux; 04-11-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Niyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 02:46 PM   #2910
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
anyone follow or part of this "driven project" on IG / VIA? They tagged Cain in one of their recent IG videos and he looks pretty happy next to a bunch of lambos with mods (aftermarket exhaust)... Wonder if they got VI'd

Maybe next time you get pulled over, you can say your car is part of the charity drive to avoid a VI.

P.S. Not shitting on driven project, what they are doing is good, but just pointing out Cain's inherent bias on the vehicle he is picking for VI's
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #2911
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
I have it on good word, I won't reveal source, that the owner confirmed that he got a box 2 VI.

Direct quote from owner is what I posted about the roll bars

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #2912

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I have it on good word, I won't reveal source, that the owner confirmed that he got a box 2 VI.

Direct quote from owner is what I posted about the roll bars

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
His actual IG story states otherwise: https://www.instagram.com/___pangding

I don't know what to believe any more.

Last edited by Twi7ch; 04-11-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Twi7ch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #2913
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 40 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi7ch View Post

I don't what to believe any more.
A simple ticket (or warning) for no front plate eh?

I hate the whole VI situation as much as the next guy but some people need to stop overreacting and spreading misinformation when someone gets pulled over.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #2914
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
However, I wonder if that Honda dealer was threatened by Cain or is part of an autogroup that had some dealers visited by Cain, as they told my coworker that they will not pass his vehicle if it has any aftermarket parts and then they pointed out his wheels.
Wheels are not a justification to not pass. Legally speaking, according to the CVSE Inspector book (iirc), wheels just have to be DOT/JWL approved.

According to the MVAR, Division 7 - Other Equipment, Section 20 - Tire, Wheels:

Quote:
  • The wheels and tires with which a vehicle is equipped shall be of the same size on one axle.
  • No wheel shall have loose, missing or defective bolts, nuts or lugs, or bent, loose, cracked or defective rim or wheel flanges.
  • A wheel shall not have any missing, loose or broken spokes.
  • A disk wheel shall not have elongated bolt holes or cracks between handholds or stud holes.
  • A cast wheel of spoke type shall not be cracked.
  • Each rim and ring shall be matched and no rim or ring shall be bent, sprung or cracked.
  • A wheel or rim shall not be repaired by welding unless the weld repair is to an aluminum wheel or rim and is made in accordance with the Weld Repair of Aluminum Alloy Wheels Regulation.

That's all that it says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyeaux View Post
So uh...other than commiserating in a forum thread, is anyone doing any actual organizing around putting a campaign together to make this bullshit stop happening?
Yeah there's some of us who worked on the CTV story with Angela Jang. Other people like Traum, have filled complaints with MLAs, VPD, and the board.

Ultimately, we've come to a standstill. We have people over here arguing about whether or not gov workers are slow and efficient. While, we have other people completely trolling the thread. So forgive us if it doesn't look like we've done anything - it's just exhausting. On that note, I'm open to hearing any plans.

Attached is a FAQ that some of us have been working on so that we don't lose any valuable information.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Quote:

I don't what to believe any more.
Interesting. Are there two M4 GTS that have gotten pulled over recently? One got a VI for sure because one of the owners said the VPD said: "Please don't lie. BMW doesn't produce cars with roll cages."
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #2915
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
I love how people are jumping to the conclusion that he's getting a VI even though there's no solid evidence of the case.

Could be pulled over for a traffic violation for all we know. Even that OP was vague on the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It’s already been confirmed by someone who knows the driver he got a box 2, so there’s actually no conclusion jumping involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
I love how you jumped to the conclusion that people were jumping to conclusions even though you had no real insight into anything beyond that photo and the FB link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #2916
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:

I don't know what to believe any more.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...iron-vancouver
Old 04-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #2917

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
I was wondering why dude's instagram had such strong trust fund douche vibes. Mystery solved.
Niyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:49 PM   #2918
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 15 Times in 5 Posts
I was planning on going to the Weissach Spanish Banks meet tomorrow but I've heard that police will regularly be in attendance this year. Having second thoughts now out of fear of being unnecessarily harassed by police; which is a sad thing to say.
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #2919
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGN23 View Post
I was planning on going to the Weissach Spanish Banks meet tomorrow but I've heard that police will regularly be in attendance this year. Having second thoughts now out of fear of being unnecessarily harassed by police; which is a sad thing to say.
Just show up early. And then tow your car home, problem solved haha.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #2920
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
Going to be raining so the turnout might not be great anyway.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #2921
I don't get it

Failed 285 Times in 77 Posts
Next time officer Cain screws up and sends a stock car in for a VI they should transfer him to the downtown east side and hire an automechanic in his place who actually knows something about cars.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #2922

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Wheels are not a justification to not pass. Legally speaking, according to the CVSE Inspector book (iirc), wheels just have to be DOT/JWL approved.

According to the MVAR, Division 7 - Other Equipment, Section 20 - Tire, Wheels:

Yes, I know wheels is not a justification. That's why I'm just wondering if Cain threatened Honda so they just decided they'll only pass bone stock cars.

The wheel thing is stupid too cause if that's the case, all those cars with snow tires on steelies would be illegal too.

My friend said he's going to bring his car with the aftermarket wheels to Honda and basically dare them to fail his VI for having aftermarket wheels.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #2923
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 18 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
My friend said he's going to bring his car with the aftermarket wheels to Honda and basically dare them to fail his VI for having aftermarket wheels.
The problem here, they have a legal right just not service him...
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #2924

Well, the way I said it might be harsh, but he's gonna ask them why they are selling aftermarket wheels but at the same time saying they'll fail his car if it has aftermarket wheels.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #2925

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
My car passed at Honda with dual magnaflow and coilovers. They said the car is in excellent condition.
They also said it's not up to the cops to decide weather exhaust is loud but the inspection facility
Oeks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: