REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-05-2019, 10:18 PM   #3151
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
you guys want officers to take rust buckets off the road, that's a half decent example (same one from the recent track day i believe)
Advertisement
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2019, 11:35 PM   #3152
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
i drove to dt in my m3 3 days ago broad mid day due to my daily being out of commission. my rears are slightly tucking and my exhaust is pretty loud. i drove past 5 vpd cruisers, even drove right beside one side by side on W Pender and was shitting bricks the entire time. Nothing happened lol... i guess i was extremely lucky.... was half way ready to grab into my glovebox to pull out the regi.
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:17 AM   #3153
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,541 Times in 2,642 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
For better or for worse, I have created a public event on Facebook regarding the Vancouver Police Board meeting that will discuss my VI complaint on Thurs, June 13:

https://www.facebook.com/events/648515822331910/

Quote:
In Feb 2019, I submitted a service and policy complaint against the Vancouver Police Department (VPD) as a result of:

1) the VPD’s lack of proper training and understanding of the Motor Vehicle Act (MVA) and the Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) Vehicle Safety and Inspection Standards

2) the unprofessional enforcement of certain sections of the MVA and CVSE due to item #1

3) the deplorable usage of vehicle inspection notice and order (N&O) to unfairly and potentially endlessly penalize the same motorists with situations where there is little to no recourse on the losses suffered by the said motorists regardless of whether the said motorists are guilty of violating the MVA or CVSE inspection standards

A copy of my complaint can be found below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rPS...nxELyva2j/view

The Vancouver Police Board will be considering my complaint at the June 13th meeting of its Service and Policy Complaints Review Committee. The meeting will immediately follow the Board’s regular meeting, which will be held at the Jewish Community Centre, starting at 1:00 pm at 950 West 41st Ave. Both meetings are open to the public and are live-webcast on the Board’s website: www.vancouverpoliceboard.ca. The agendas and papers for both meetings will also be available online from Tuesday, June 11th 2019.

As required by the Police Act, the VPD has initiated an investigation into the Service and Policy complaint, and the investigation report is set to come forward on June 13 (presumably at or prior to the meeting?). The Police Board will then make a decision and proceed with one or more of the following options:

- request further investigation
- take any action they deem appropriate
- dismiss the complaint if they are satisfied with the steps that the VPD has taken since the receipt of the complaint

I do not know how the investigation or the meeting will play out. And while the meetings are open to public, I do not know how much (or how little) an attendee can do at the meeting other than just sit down and listen. At any rate, I am going to be there in person to find out.
Since the VI complaint portion of the meeting follows the regular board meeting, I do not know when the discussion will actually occur. Furthermore, although I will be there at the meeting myself, I do not necessarily encourage anyone else to attend -- the meeting is likely going to be dead boring, and I seriously question what a (public) attendee can do other than just sit down and listen.

But feel free to share the event in any manner you like. More awareness on this VI crack down is always a good thing.

Last edited by Traum; 06-06-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:52 AM   #3154
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Anyone have more details on this? Cain issued a VI in Langley??

yeah.. langley by Cain. thats crazy.

So I talked to my friend who is a cop in richmond. He said he thinks Cain is in IRSU. Integrated road safety unit. Essentially it is a permanent joint forces team. But all they do is traffic shit.

I asked if IRSU have to stay in their jurisdiction. and he said no. They are BC wide. And municipal cops are provincial police officers .. so this jurisdiction thing doesn't mean anything. They can enforce in the entire BC if they wanted to. Essentially, we are fucked if he is in that unit.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #3155
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
IRSU is indeed everywhere. They are on Vancouver Island too.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #3156
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
i drove to dt in my m3 3 days ago broad mid day due to my daily being out of commission. my rears are slightly tucking and my exhaust is pretty loud. i drove past 5 vpd cruisers, even drove right beside one side by side on W Pender and was shitting bricks the entire time. Nothing happened lol... i guess i was extremely lucky.... was half way ready to grab into my glovebox to pull out the regi.
Only traffic enforcement officers would care. My relative in the RCMP told me basically that general duties and non-traffic specific members usually don't bother with you unless you do something really bad.

If you ran an amber in front of a traffic member, you'd would likely get pulled over, but a general duties member would likely only pull you over if you ran the red.

Same with VI's, if you passed a general duties member, unless your muffler was dragging on the road behind you, you probably would not get stopped.

So, if you happen to drive by a motorcycle cop or unmarked cruiser, then get ready to open your glove box as the unmarked ones are either inspectors or traffic division.

Oh, and he also mentioned that there are no quotas, but for a traffic cop, the easiest way to prove to your supervisor that you are doing work is to show him that you're writing tickets for traffic violations.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 09:24 AM   #3157
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Friend at the RCMP says that Langley is covered by IRSU/Langley/PMFP. And more specifically, typically IRSU officers will use IRSU as the issuing agency, not VPD.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #3158
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Friend at the RCMP says that Langley is covered by IRSU/Langley/PMFP. And more specifically, typically IRSU officers will use IRSU as the issuing agency, not VPD.
But Cain is not your typical police officer lol

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #3159
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,858 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
I really do not like the direction this situation has taken
Old 06-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #3160
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Failed 291 Times in 102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I really do not like the direction this situation has taken
Well I'm sure it will get better soon if people keep posting comments online suggesting the VPD/Cain are incompetent and don't understand the law etc.

My advice (Not that anyone asked) is to give up and leave it alone, RS should lock/archive/delete this thread and prevent future discussion on the subject until things settle down. It is reasonable to assume that some VPD members are aware of this thread and are likely not pleased by some of the comments made by forum users. I suspect there is a direct relationship between bitching and being targeted... try bitching less (Not at all) and see if that helps.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #3161
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,267 Times in 291 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 20 Posts
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByYN6TQB...=1uwots7fstnx7

Bone stock Mclaren getting a VI for a factory exhaust?!

Last edited by ForeverYours; 06-07-2019 at 08:45 AM.
ForeverYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:58 PM   #3162
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
Cain is literally judge, jury, and executioner,
Whatheshrek is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #3163

Thanked 3,828 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 370 Times in 115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatheshrek View Post
Cain is literally judge, jury, and executioner,
That's literally not what literally means.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #3164

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
lets get some stock cars and drive around the block at cambie police station for a couple hours

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
It is reasonable to assume that some VPD members are aware of this thread and are likely not pleased by some of the comments made by forum users. I suspect there is a direct relationship between bitching and being targeted... try bitching less (Not at all) and see if that helps.
Are you suggesting to just bend over and take it?

Like I mentioned in my original post, the issue is that police officers are people of authority and should be held to a higher standard. Why is it that citizens can't answer questions? Why are officers immediately combative? If you were a customer service rep in any other industry, you would be immediately fired if you were combative and didn't let the customer explain/be heard.

My point stands, why are the people who are supposed to serve and protect, allowed to be complete assholes and have no regard for the public. I'm upset about all of this because I have met a number of great cops, from RCMP to VPD, and despite all the great work they do, it all gets poured down the drain because of a select few individuals. We're supposed to reward those who do good work, not reward those who do poor work.

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 06-07-2019 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Edit for clarification
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #3166

Quote:
Yes, assuming you’ve broke the law.

Quote:
My point stands, why are the people who are supposed to serve and protect, allowed to be complete assholes and have no regard for the public.
They show regard for the public by enforcing you know... the law.

Edit: The only error made by the officers imo is where 100% OE cars have been subject to VI, but that is clearly the exception, not the norm.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #3167
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
I wonder if the media will pick this up since he was on his way to a charity event.

Alec Choy on IG (17k followers) just invited the world to the June 13th Police Board Meeting on VI Complaint.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #3168
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

Like I mentioned in my original post, the issue is that police officers are people of authority and should be held to a higher standard. Why is it that citizens can't answer questions? Why are officers immediately combative? If you were a customer service rep in any other industry, you would be immediately fired if you were combative and arguing with the customer.

My point stands, why are the people who are supposed to serve and protect, allowed to be complete assholes and have no regard for the public. I'm upset about all of this because I have met a number of great cops, from RCMP to VPD, and despite all the great work they do, it all gets poured down the drain because of a select few individuals. We're supposed to reward those who do good work, not reward those who are do poor work.

I also want to chime in on this.

I've noticed increased presence of VPD in Surrey recently. Just today I saw a VPD charger by Surrey Central on King George Blvd.
Now as a tax payer, this REALLY bugs me. Reason being that part of your property taxes are typically allocated to the municipal police force. My problem with this is that if my taxes go to my local police force, I expect my local police force to be patrolling and working WITHIN MY LOCAL AREA, NOT SOME OTHER AREA THAT IS COMPLETELY UNRELATED. Put it this way, would you be happy about your local police force going out of their way to patrol other areas when you know damn well that your own local area is full of crime and needs more patrolling? I sure know I won't be happy. I'd be questioning, why do we as taxpayers pay police to look after other places THAT HAVE THEIR OWN POLICE FORCE and completely ignore where they're SUPPOSED TO WORK AT??

Now... if I saw a VPD charger by Burnaby, I can still understand since Vancouver and Burnaby are literally right next to each other. But for VPD to go out of their way to go PAST Burnaby / Richmond to come to Surrey or Langley, I can't see how that can be justified.

I understand that municipal police basically have the power to enforce "justice" everywhere in the province, but to me, this is an insult to the taxpayer.

Last edited by vmak12345; 06-06-2019 at 06:01 PM.
vmak12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #3169

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
As a taxpayer I’m actually more furious with this vi process as they generate nothing for the municipalities... these officers go out there handing out vi’s, which typically take a lot longer than your average traffic infraction ticket and the only party that benefits is a dealership?

To top it all off it’s pretty clear most of these officers have no real idea what is legal and what is not. I guess the saying is true “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”

Last edited by mj_39; 06-06-2019 at 06:13 PM.
mj_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #3170

Well then as a tax payer you should be annoyed by the criminals in their modified cars that are a drain on police that could otherwise be writing income generating speeding tickets.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #3171

Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,001 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
This is like seeing a burger King employee flip burgers at McDonald's cuz they both sell burgers
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:03 PM   #3172
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,883 Times in 5,637 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
There’s many reasons for one jurisdictions officer to have to travel to another police jurisdiction that are totally legit... ie: going to a court appearance or providing expert testimony on something etc. Not sure what is bothering you about seeing a VPD car in Surrey when you have no idea what his or her business was there.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2019, 07:05 PM   #3173
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,858 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Well then as a tax payer you should be annoyed by the criminals in their modified cars that are a drain on police that could otherwise be writing income generating speeding tickets.
I知 not sure if your last few posts are trolling, playing devils advocate, satire or CiC shit
Old 06-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #3174

Quote:
I知 not sure if your last few posts are trolling, playing devils advocate, satire or CiC shit
Inb4 jasonturbo's account has been hijacked by Cain&Co for his influential status (statistically) on RS

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
Old 06-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #3175

Quote:
While it would be easy to tell everyone what they want to hear and to bask in the many thanks I would receive... the reality is that I致e always assumed that modifying road cars is a no-no and was likely against some regulation or another. So while many of you seem taken back by the actions of the VPD, I知 taken back by forum users that believe modifying road cars would somehow be permissible.

Not devils advocate, you guys need wake up to the fact that the MVA exists and the police are there to enforce it. We致e just been fortunate over the last decade that the police have largely turned a blind eye to modified vehicles.

FWIW I can稚 leave anything alone, virtually every car I own or have owned is modified... I知 just as much at risk of getting a VI as the rest of you, I知 just far more willing to accept the consequences.

I知 not siding with the VPD, I知 siding with the facts of the situation.
This post thanked by: