REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #4901
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
last time I drove by, the dude actually had a gun.
Everytime I drive by, just see guys with a whistle in their mouth and nothing else LOL.

I also have a friend that lives on Cambie St and drive by the area everyday to/from work, he told me they aren't legit officers (he works closely with RCMP & VPD as he is in bylaw enforcement). Maybe they change it time to time with regular traffic patrols and then VPD etc.
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:03 PM   #4902
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
They are primarily these guys:

https://joinvpd.ca/special-municipal-constable/

Not to say a full constable might not show up at that intersection once in a while to do the same thing.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2021, 06:51 PM   #4903
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,040 Times in 220 Posts
Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post

Not to say a full constable might not show up at that intersection once in a while to do the same thing.
"Qualifications
minimum 19 years of age
Grade 12 diploma or GED equivalent
excellent character"

How did Constable Cunt pass the minimum qualifications?
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2021, 09:46 AM   #4904
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastShot View Post
No, the inspection facility passes on the report to ICBC. You just need to keep the sticker on your windshield, and inspection sheet in your car for a year.
Thanks. Didn't see the message in time and I went into the police station and spoke with a random officer. The officer saw the name on my VI ticket and said "Oh Greg V., he's a douchebag."
wonton1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2021, 10:06 AM   #4905
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
last time I drove by, the dude actually had a gun.
They have both. Sometimes, they'll have one actual member there to supervise the 'Special Constables' that do special events traffic management.

Even the Covid sites, in the morning when they set up, they'll sometimes have an actual cop there as well as the Special Constables.

Or, if they can't get a 'Special Constable', then they'll have to send a regular cop there.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #4906
private modder

I was curious and did a bit of research. Special Constables have all the same powers in BC as any other peace officer. So yes they can arrest, write tickets, enforce laws, etc.

That being said, I suspect the actual operations manual of each police department are designed to only use full constables for enforcement duties, and use special constables for more mundane tasks to free up resources. But technically, yes they can write tickets if they had to.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:00 PM   #4907
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:

Scroll down to the bottom and you will find this under the process to becoming a special constable. I guess someone skipped class.

Training
Training consists of 13 to 16 weeks of paid training in legal studies, the Motor Vehicle Act, VPD policy and procedures, force options, and traffic control. It takes place at the Vancouver Police Department and the Tactical Training Centre.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:40 PM   #4908
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
An RSX with Feburg (DEPO equivalents) black-housing headlights, with the DOT stamp on the lenses, was pulled over and given a VI by Cain. He said Canada doesn't go by DOT, and that black-housing headlights are illegal in Canada.

We have officially gone full retard boys and girls.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 09:57 PM   #4909
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,858 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
So as per shitforbrains this would be considered illegal, although 100000% stock?

Old 03-17-2021, 10:30 PM   #4910
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,574 Times in 3,558 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
So as per shitforbrains this would be considered illegal, although 100000% stock?

If a person gets a ticket for a stock car they should sue the dear and the manufacturer.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:31 PM   #4911
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 12 Times in 6 Posts
Oh man! I was in the market for a TSX too, guess I ain't buying since they're not road approved out of the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
An RSX with Feburg (DEPO equivalents) black-housing headlights, with the DOT stamp on the lenses, was pulled over and given a VI by Cain. He said Canada doesn't go by DOT, and that black-housing headlights are illegal in Canada.

ButterFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:31 PM   #4912
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 12 Times in 6 Posts
Or Cain should VI the entire dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
If a person gets a ticket for a stock car they should sue the dear and the manufacturer.
ButterFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:35 PM   #4913
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,199 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts
Well I think this whole VI situation is really getting out of hands.

On Facebook, there was a stock RSX, other than a spoon n1, that got a box 2 because of a set of DEPO black housing headlights
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:38 AM   #4914
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Is it true that the police needs 2 reasons to give a car a box 2 inspection?
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:48 AM   #4915
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
That RSX should have been box 3 for exhaust. Cain reached so he could box 2, and again contradicted federal compliance regulations.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:38 AM   #4916
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
any VI'd examples of factory height/passive exhaust that doesn't crackle?

i can only think of the poor faded tercel with hubcaps..but they're mostly going after noise and lowered vehicles?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:04 AM   #4917
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
Calling that RSX stock is bit of a stretch...at this point we all know any exhaust is fair game. Why is anyone still risking it these days?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 02:15 PM   #4918
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,657 Times in 573 Posts
Failed 50 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post

w0t, lots of cars come from the factory with "black" housings lol
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #4919
JSS
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 10 Times in 5 Posts
according to this cvse document, DOT and other countries standards are approved in canada.

https://www.cvse.ca/vehicle_inspecti...g_Protocol.pdf

specifically page 10, paragraph 2.

How does Cain still have a job?
I know if I consistenly fucked up and made up my own rules or didnt follow SOP's to a T at my job, I would have been canned a long time ago.

Can you imagen if this guy was in a department other than traffic that did actual police work??

A traffic cop starts making up his own rules, nobody bats an eye... If an actual cop started making up random reasons to start arresting people, the media would lose their shit.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 10:03 PM   #4920
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,541 Times in 2,642 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS View Post
How does Cain still have a job?
I know if I consistenly fucked up and made up my own rules or didnt follow SOP's to a T at my job, I would have been canned a long time ago.

Can you imagen if this guy was in a department other than traffic that did actual police work??

A traffic cop starts making up his own rules, nobody bats an eye... If an actual cop started making up random reasons to start arresting people, the media would lose their shit.
It doesn't matter how much BS Cain or any other VI cop spews or make up, until it can be established with solid proof that the cops are making up this garbage, either through a lawsuit or through the OPCC complaint mechanism, nothing is going to stick. The police complaint system is meant to protect the officers as much as possible, as is the Police Board, and I'm sure someone as sly as Cain or Christensen know how that game is played as well.

So it goes back to the same thing we've been saying for the past 2+ years -- people who have been unfairly targetted need to go through the effort of preparing and filing for either a complaint or a lawsuit, and only with enough volume could the current situation be changed. But unfortunately, going through either route is a huge undertaking in terms of time, effort, and in the case of lawsuits, a lot of money as well. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to just take the easy route and give in.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:25 AM   #4921
private modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
It doesn't matter how much BS Cain or any other VI cop spews or make up, until it can be established with solid proof that the cops are making up this garbage, either through a lawsuit or through the OPCC complaint mechanism, nothing is going to stick. The police complaint system is meant to protect the officers as much as possible, as is the Police Board, and I'm sure someone as sly as Cain or Christensen know how that game is played as well.

So it goes back to the same thing we've been saying for the past 2+ years -- people who have been unfairly targetted need to go through the effort of preparing and filing for either a complaint or a lawsuit, and only with enough volume could the current situation be changed. But unfortunately, going through either route is a huge undertaking in terms of time, effort, and in the case of lawsuits, a lot of money as well. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to just take the easy route and give in.
Just curious, when the OPCC gave VPD recommendations following your formal complaint to the board, did anything come of that?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 09:37 AM   #4922
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,541 Times in 2,642 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Just curious, when the OPCC gave VPD recommendations following your formal complaint to the board, did anything come of that?
I am going off my memory only here, so the details could be a little off. But as far as I remember, the only official "change" that came out of my complaint was the creation of some sort of post-training guidelines to supplement the traffic unit's original training. I don't think the contents of the supplemental guidelines are ever made public, and I wouldn't expect them to. However, since then, we can see that the VPD has slightly altered the way they issue VIs. They seem to have stopped citing how "visible camber" is grounds for VI, as I called them out on that by indicating how lots of cars come with visible camber straight from the factory and as per factory recommendations, including my own piece of crap Japanese shxtbox. From my own observations, it also seems to me that they have turned their focus more on "loud" or modified-sounding exhausts as the first thing that sets off their VI alarms.

The OPCC followed up on my complaint (to the VPD) with concerns regarding how vehicles are being directed to dealerships only for inspection. My argument was how some dealerships with inspection qualifications are located over an hour away from CoV, thus countering the VPD's claims that getting a VI done is only a small inconvenience since there are lots of DIFs (designated inspection facilities) around. In a subsequent complain by another gentleman (Wilkins), he was able to get the OPCC to go on record to say that the OPCC thinks VPD sending vehicles to specific DIFs is a "misapplication by the VPD Traffic Section of the authorities granted under the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations causing cost and considerable inconvenience to members of the public". Unfortunately, as we all know, the VPD is still regularly doing this, and at times, becoming worst at it since they have started sending vehicles to specific shops now (instead of just any brand dealership).

Unfortunately, the OPCC seems unwilling to take the matter further since the complaints were not filed by individuals who were impacted first hand. So this goes back to the issue where a person being told to bring the car to any specific DIF will need to file a appropriately prepared complaint or lawsuit citing the exact reference from the OPCC. The hope is, as volume on the same recurring issue builds, VPD will be told to adjust their behaviour.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 10:08 AM   #4923
JSS
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 10 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:

I agree with you 110%

From my personal view point based on the things ive seen unfold since this whole thing started, the OPCC is just a smoke screen to try and appease the karens of the world who want to complain about the police. Its litterally just an outlet for the people that want to be heard but not something that will bring about any real change. Agreed that they are looking out for the best interest of the police.
You would think if 1 or 2 members are getting a complaint filed on a weekly basis SOMEBODY would raise an eyebrow though.

Ive always been one to respect police however my tune is definitely changing as it looks more and more like they can do whatever they want with 0 repercussions. Which should be worrisome to the public.

This is just my 2 cents, I dont really like venting on a public forum like this but its getting more and more frustrating to watch this unfold and not see anyone be held accountable.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:13 AM   #4924
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Unfortunately, the OPCC seems unwilling to take the matter further since the complaints were not filed by individuals who were impacted first hand. So this goes back to the issue where a person being told to bring the car to any specific DIF will need to file a appropriately prepared complaint or lawsuit citing the exact reference from the OPCC. The hope is, as volume on the same recurring issue builds, VPD will be told to adjust their behaviour.
Unfortunately, it's too much trouble for most and Cain and co. know that.

That's why they issue VIs instead of tickets. I love how they say that "I am giving you a break by not issuing you any violation tickets and only giving you a VI" when they know they'll just get disputed.

Even on the video posted earlier, the Officer was trying to justify that he cared about the driver by saying "I see you have Recaro seats. It would also be good for the car to be inspected so the inspector can ensure the bolts are torqued correctly."

I don't have a modified car anymore but when I did, I unmodded everything just cause I didn't want to go through the VI hassle and was lucky enough that I never had to. Only thing I ever got was an improper ticket for front window tint which the officer admitted later that he made a mistake after I talked to his supervisor. It was quite ironic too as that morning, I removed the only thing on my vehicle that was against regulations which was my clear side markers.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 01:53 PM   #4925
private modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
Unfortunately, it's too much trouble for most and Cain and co. know that.

That's why they issue VIs instead of tickets. I love how they say that "I am giving you a break by not issuing you any violation tickets and only giving you a VI" when they know they'll just get disputed.

Even on the video posted earlier, the Officer was trying to justify that he cared about the driver by saying "I see you have Recaro seats. It would also be good for the car to be inspected so the inspector can ensure the bolts are torqued correctly."

I don't have a modified car anymore but when I did, I unmodded everything just cause I didn't want to go through the VI hassle and was lucky enough that I never had to. Only thing I ever got was an improper ticket for front window tint which the officer admitted later that he made a mistake after I talked to his supervisor. It was quite ironic too as that morning, I removed the only thing on my vehicle that was against regulations which was my clear side markers.
what was the mistake the officer made on the front window tint? just curious.