REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-27-2021, 09:15 PM   #5276
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Not trying to be facetious but I think Germany managed to address this need by way of the autobahn.
You can't ignore the stricter licensing requirements and vehicle inspections in Germany that go along with having an autobahn though. Or that they have big pileups every so often.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:17 AM   #5277
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,541 Times in 2,642 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
I think we can expect to see some enforcement happening in NW?

https://www.newwestrecord.ca/local-n...idemic-4208090

Quote:
Downtown New West resident appeals for relief from “loud vehicle exhausts epidemic”
NWPD working with province on noise issue

“There are many vehicles travelling through downtown New Westminster which have had mufflers or engines modified or in disrepair so that they are very much louder than any other vehicles in its class – cars, trucks and motorcycles. This is quite obviously noise disturbance, affecting thousands of people all day, startles everyone around, often sets off parked car alarms, raises everyone’s blood pressure, increases anxiety and depression. And is illegal!” said the email. “These extraordinarily loud vehicles can also be heard on other streets from hundreds of metres away from my residence on Carnarvon and Fourth Street.”
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:19 AM   #5278
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Can't complain about the train so they complain about cars
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #5279
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,915 Times in 7,398 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Imagine blaming your anxiety and depression on loud exhausts. If that’s what’s triggering you, life is way too fuckin easy.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:27 AM   #5280
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 49 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Imagine blaming your anxiety and depression on loud exhausts. If that’s what’s triggering you, life is way too fuckin easy.
Next on A&E... My Extreme Phobias: Car Exhausts
forcedot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2021, 10:41 AM   #5281
RS controls my life!

Failed 62 Times in 18 Posts
Its a real thing guys... Anyone buying or renting property near busy roads and intersections should've been fully aware of what they were signing up for but drivers don't need to make their life worse.

https://www.brainfacts.org/thinking-...-health-062718

"In 2011, for example, scientists studying people living near seven major European airports found that a 10-decibel increase in aircraft noise was associated with a 28 percent increase in anxiety medication use. Another study found that people living in areas with more road traffic noise were 25 percent more likely than those living in quieter neighborhoods to have symptoms of depression. Similarly, people exposed to noise pollution were found to be significantly more likely to have heart problems like atrial fibrillation compared to those unaffected by noise."

"...When someone experiences a stressful noise, the amygdala, an area of the brain that contributes to emotional processing, sends a distress signal to the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus immediately signals the adrenal glands to pump adrenaline into the bloodstream — an evolutionary measure to react rapidly in life-threatening situations.

Adrenaline and another stress hormone called cortisol bring on physiological changes, including a spike in heart rate and blood pressure. “Your body reacts so fast; you often can’t tell these changes happened,” Münzel says.

But chronic exposure to noise keeps this stress response activated continuously. Eventually, it starts to wear the body down, causing mental and physical health problems...."
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #5282
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
I want to live where all the action, in a dense populous area, but want the benefits of living in the bush too.

Got my new registration. Curious how this is gonna work out.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #5283

Thanked 3,164 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 333 Times in 67 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2587259708211712

Quote:
Update: BMW Canada Press M4
Hey everyone, just want to give you guys an update.
TL;DR: Officer wasn't aware of the hearing, case was expunged.
Background: Feb 2020 I was pulled over by Officer Buckingham for excessive noise emitting from a BMW Canada Press M4. The M4 does have the optional exhaust and I must admit it's pretty loud but since it's on the road I would assume it's gone through what's needed to make it legal.
As this is a press car from BMW Canada, they hired an attorney to help me with this case.
We first schedule with the court in Feb 2021, my attorney and I arrived on the scene and Buckingham was there offered that I plead guilty, pay the fine and he'll dismiss the points.
While this was of interest to me as I didn't want points on my license I also never had points before so I didn't mind "risking" a few points to get a judge to see my side. We declined his offer and proceeded.
After enter the court room the judge said he was hungry and asked to reschedule, obviously his word is above ours we rescheduled the court date to July 2021.
Alright 2nd court date, we walked in prepared once again this time Buckingham told us he wasn't informed on today's hearing and was not prepared because of this the case will be expunged. Went into the Court room, he told the judge he didn't have his notes and that was it.
Year and a half later, two court dates, two days of unpaid leave from work, money on parking, attorney fees all goes to him not knowing the date and having it all thrown.
While I'm happy I didn't have the pay the ticket nor have any points on my license I feel that I came up empty handed. I wasn't able to use a stock car and showcase to the judge how these actions on some of the police officers are not justified.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #5284
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
It's unfortunate as it would've been interesting to see what the lawyer could do and perhaps set a precedent.

Side note: Judges can just peace out and go for lunch anytime?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #5285
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
lol I like how my post goes to all of these places.

But yea if the judge says he's hungry he can go thus why he's the judge.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:35 AM   #5286

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
I can’t make rationale decisions either when hungry. I totally get it. Lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2021, 06:16 PM   #5287
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,040 Times in 220 Posts
Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Judges and the system are so bullshit. Wasting everyones time because you're hungry? So your time is more important than everyone elses in the room? In this age where we can't even have the slightest notion discrimination, yet we still have to refer them to "Your Honour" because they read a few extra books (exaggerating but you get the point).

Maybe I should start asking my subordinates to refer to me as "Master" and or "Your excellency" because I make a few extra bucks more than them
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:30 PM   #5288
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 16 Times in 5 Posts
Maybe there was too many cases scheduled or each case went too long so the judge didn't get his lunch. Do you really want a hungry judge presiding over your trial? I for sure wouldn't and will accept rescheduling. The judge may hold a grudge and throw everything at you by the book.
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #5289

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
lol I like how my post goes to all of these places.

But yea if the judge says he's hungry he can go thus why he's the judge.
Did the lawyer try to ask to reschedule rather than accept the expunge?
Old 09-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #5290

Thanked 14,858 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Did the lawyer try to ask to reschedule rather than accept the expunge?
I sure hope not. Your job is to get people off. The case gets thrown out, win win. Why risk being found guilty at a later date for being cocky and wanting it rescheduled
Old 09-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #5291

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I sure hope not. Your job is to get people off. The case gets thrown out, win win. Why risk being found guilty at a later date for being cocky and wanting it rescheduled
We don't know exactly what the lawyer was hired to do and how to go about doing it. From azn_boi's post (the client), definitely did not get everything he wanted, so it's a lose situation for azn_boi unless you're referring to vpd and the lawyer winning since they both got paid to be there.

In azn_boi's post he says he wanted to "get a judge to see my side" and then in the last paragraph, he says he "came up empty handed" The last paragraph also points out why his case was VERY important in regards to stock cars and VI's.

Azn_boi stuck his neck out for the community and was able to get a lawyer to help represent him. A BMW hired lawyer too, so let's assume they know how to be a damn good lawyer.

The expunged case is a huge loss in the fight for change.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2021, 06:07 AM   #5292
Media Officer / MOD

For traffic cases, once the case is done it's done. It's really not worth the Court's or the Lawyer's time to continue.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #5293

Quote:
We don't know exactly what the lawyer was hired to do and how to go about doing it. From azn_boi's post (the client), definitely did not get everything he wanted, so it's a lose situation for azn_boi unless you're referring to vpd and the lawyer winning since they both got paid to be there.

In azn_boi's post he says he wanted to "get a judge to see my side" and then in the last paragraph, he says he "came up empty handed" The last paragraph also points out why his case was VERY important in regards to stock cars and VI's.

Azn_boi stuck his neck out for the community and was able to get a lawyer to help represent him. A BMW hired lawyer too, so let's assume they know how to be a damn good lawyer.

The expunged case is a huge loss in the fight for change.
I’m talking about the lawyer, not asnboi. Did you not understand my post at all
Old 09-06-2021, 12:12 PM   #5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I’m talking about the lawyer, not asnboi. Did you not understand my post at all
If you want to go into semantics then here was my thought process and you can tell me where I interpreted your post incorrectly.

I sure hope not. (your own opinion that lawyer shouldn't have posed the question)
Your job is to get people off. (lawyer's job is to get people off. But in reality, you hire a lawyer to represent you in court to do what you want them to do. Again, we do not know if azn_boi hired the lawyer to just get the tickets thrown out or azn_boi wants to set precedent to vi's when it comes to stock cars. All we know is that azn_boi has a lawyer and he's going there subsequent to a VI.)
The case gets thrown out, win win. (I asked you for clarification and it looks like I was right in lawyer and vpd is the win win cuz azn_boi lost)
Why risk being found guilty at a later date for being cocky and wanting it reschedule (lawyers can't be the guilty one, so you had to have been referring to azn_boi because the case is between azn_boi and vpd, not lawyer and vpd)

Where did I interpret your post incorrectly?
Old 09-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #5295

You’re absolutely right mate. Have a good one
Old 09-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #5296
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
. Again, we do not know if azn_boi hired the lawyer to just get the tickets thrown out or azn_boi wants to set precedent to vi's when it comes to stock cars.
Sounds like aznboi didn't hire the lawyer. BMW did.

BMW got exactly what they paid for. The lawyer did his job. aznboi's record is clean. Anything that happens on top of that is a BONUS, not the intention.

We as a community also got exactly what we paid for. Diddly squat.

If anything, in addition to keeping aznboi's record clean, it's possible BMW also wanted to fight the allegation that their car is not legal.

But even then, once again, they got what they paid for. Case thrown out.

I really doubt BMW was paying the lawyer to fix the greater good issue, even if that's what we all (aznboi + community) wanted. If this case had ended up contributing towards that, then it is a bonus.

(don't mean to speak on behalf of azn_boi and please correct me if I'm mistaken)
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2021, 05:16 PM   #5297
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,290 Times in 4,637 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
+1 to what Eff-1 said.

Win for BMW. Win for azn_boi128. Case closed.

It was not on the onus of BMW or the lawyer to fight the battle of the car community vs. the VPD. The war simply continues to wage on.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2021, 06:32 AM   #5298
Media Officer / MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Sounds like aznboi didn't hire the lawyer. BMW did.

BMW got exactly what they paid for. The lawyer did his job. aznboi's record is clean. Anything that happens on top of that is a BONUS, not the intention.

We as a community also got exactly what we paid for. Diddly squat.

If anything, in addition to keeping aznboi's record clean, it's possible BMW also wanted to fight the allegation that their car is not legal.

But even then, once again, they got what they paid for. Case thrown out.

I really doubt BMW was paying the lawyer to fix the greater good issue, even if that's what we all (aznboi + community) wanted. If this case had ended up contributing towards that, then it is a bonus.

(don't mean to speak on behalf of azn_boi and please correct me if I'm mistaken)
Hit the nail on the head

BMW doesn't care about VPD and what they're doing, I was hoping we can utilize their time for the cause but it didn't work the way we want.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #5299
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,290 Times in 4,637 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
I totally butchered your username lol
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:04 PM   #5300
Media Officer / MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I totally butchered your username lol
It's okay you bought an A1200 off me way back we even.