REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #676
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
Off centre mounted license plates are a known safety hazard, due to the fact that they are proven to give immediate on sight weaponized autism.
Advertisement
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #677
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,249 Times in 615 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
AS others have pointed out... err the EVO X rolls out of the dealership having the front plate mounted below the driver side headlight.... so....

And the whole thing about license plate frames LOL... I actually hate them too... so I take them off the moment it leaves the dealership... but every time when I go back for any service/warranty... you guessed it. Have a stack of Southside Nissan, Open Road Hyundai and Metrotown Mitsubishi frames at home lolol.....

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #678
Banned By Establishment

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Just curious why did your friend mount the plate on the side like that? The holes to mount it in the center is already there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Friend of mine got pulled on Granville st. bridge today for this....

Stock 228i with stock wheels, stock suspension, stock exhaust, stock lights, etc.

Got let off with a warning but the officer claimed that the license plate needs to either be centered or aligned with the back.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:11 PM   #679
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 13 Times in 7 Posts
JDM tyte yo
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:53 PM   #680
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 15 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Off centre mounted license plates are a known safety hazard, due to the fact that they are proven to give immediate on sight weaponized autism.
But I need moar air for muh turbo in my completely stock wrx/330i!
mikasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #681
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
f150 factory plate location on all the ecoboost trucks. (intercooler is just behind that lower opening)

jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2018, 12:57 AM   #682
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Another example!

Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2018, 01:24 AM   #683
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 74 Times in 20 Posts
What is this front plate you speak of? I havent mounted a front plate since 2010..
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #684
SMZ
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
I've been following thread on and off for some time and it has raised some concern especially for those of us that drive stock cars, or slightly modded but still within the MVA codes. Have any of you considered taking legal action against the police? There's a good guide on how to do so, and should be a slam dunk especially if your car is completely OEM.

https://www.bccla.org/help/POL1.html

https://pivotlegal.nationbuilder.com...l-claims-court

http://www.pivotlegal.org/contact_us

I would imagine if enough of you sue the police, and in this case, the officer involved, it would make a huge difference in how things are handled in the future. In my opinion, what is happening is nothing short of harassment and shouldn't be tolerated.

Last edited by SMZ; 10-22-2018 at 09:01 AM.
SMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #685
I STILL don't get it

Failed 33 Times in 9 Posts
I will put in some money to help
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #686
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saw a black E90 that got pulled over last night at E Hastings and Nanaimo by a VPD truck. It looked stock from outside but had blacked out wheels. Could've just been a traffic violation thou.
AlpineW_E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #687
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,574 Times in 3,558 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
I am willing to throw in some money but as The Northwest's #1 Sport Compact Car and Classifieds Site RS should be taking the lead on this.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #688
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I am willing to throw in some money but as The Northwest's #1 Sport Compact Car and Classifieds Site a decade ago RS should be taking the lead on this.
fix'd

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #689

Quote:
Wilkinson.MLA, Andrew

10:41 AM (6 hours ago)

to me

Hi

Thank you for writing to the Vancouver Quilchena Constituency Office. This message is to acknowledge the receipt of your email. I have made note of your concerns and will pass them on to the appropriate offices.

Best,

cid:image001.png@01D35D37.B71B4B00

Mellisa Morphy

Constituency Assistant
Andrew Wilkinson
Vancouver Quilchena
5640 Dunbar Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6N 1W7

Office: (604) 664-0748

E-mail: mellisa.morphy@leg.bc.ca
Quote:
Simpson.MLA, Shane

12:30 PM (4 hours ago)

to me

Hi

Thanks for contacting Shane Simpson MLA for Vancouver-Hastings.

I am providing a general response to your inquiry by referring you to the Motor Vehicle Act – the provincial legislations for the matter that I believe is of concern to you.

Specifically, please review Division 25 — Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance which can be found in the link below.

Motor Vehicle Act Regulations

From what I understand, if you’re driving a car without the proper inspection, local police have the right to immediately take your car off the road, or force you to get it inspected.

For case specific inquiries such as specific unfairness in your case, you may wish to contact your local MLA or ICBC office for further assistance.

I trust this information is useful to you.

Sincerely,

Theresa Ho | Constituency Assistant | The Honourable Shane Simpson 冼崇山

MLA Vancouver-Hastings and Minister of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
2365 E. Hastings, Vancouver, BC V5L 1V6 | 604-775-2277 | shanesimpson.ca | Twitter | Facebook
Quote:
Jody.Wilson-Raybould@parl.gc.ca

1:44 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Please note that I have forwarded your email to the Ministerial Correspondence Unit at the Department of Justice, as you are not a constituent of Vancouver Granville.

I also recommend that you reach out to your local Member of Parliament. You can also find this information here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/parliament...uencies/FindMP.

Kindly,
[Logo Image]

Jasmine Ashley-Dy
Administrative and Special Projects Assistant
Office of the Honourable Jody Wilson-Raybould,
Member of Parliament for Vancouver Granville

#104 - 1245 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6H 1G7
?604.717.1140
jody.wilson-raybould.C1B@parl.gc.ca<...C1B@parl.gc.ca>?
Responses I have gotten so far.

Last edited by Manic!; 10-22-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #690
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,944 Times in 2,574 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
fix'd

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #691
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,159 Times in 3,639 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMZ View Post
I've been following thread on and off for some time and it has raised some concern especially for those of us that drive stock cars, or slightly modded but still within the MVA codes. Have any of you considered taking legal action against the police? There's a good guide on how to do so, and should be a slam dunk especially if your car is completely OEM.

https://www.bccla.org/help/POL1.html

https://pivotlegal.nationbuilder.com...l-claims-court

Contact Us - Pivot Legal Society

I would imagine if enough of you sue the police, and in this case, the officer involved, it would make a huge difference in how things are handled in the future. In my opinion, what is happening is nothing short of harassment and shouldn't be tolerated.
Well according to my lawyer buddy the most I can sue for is the vi inspection fee and time wasted. So basically restricted to small claims court. Since you cannot do a class action suit (I asked him about this and he said each case is a bit different so a class action would be thrown out) and you're restricted to 5k ceiling, it's a waste of time to take these guys to court.
Granted you'll probably win. It's just the time and effort required.

Harrassment charges would also be easily defeated. By law the officer is allowed to cite you if they suspect anything is contravening the mva.

Don't know... I'm feeling pretty helpless here. Only thing I can think of is making a big stink and going to the media with a mass protest.

Edit: now that I think of it, the general corolla/camry/cuv public ain't going to really be on our side when we start protesting that our sports cars/ performance cars are being targeted by the cops. Most likely backfire so hard that you'll get fast and furois exhaust.

Especially if we do a rally. It'll be full of BMW's , Mercedes , exotics, etc , etc

Last edited by Badhobz; 10-22-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #692

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
You could just not run any licence plates, and then run? That’s what some of the Sport bike guys are doing. Drop a gear and disappear.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #693
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,159 Times in 3,639 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
That's crazy ! You went from a 150-300 dollar inspection to potential criminal record ?!! Why would anyone do that
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2018, 09:31 PM   #694
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Failed 42 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
the general corolla/camry/cuv public ain't going to really be on our side when we start protesting that our sports cars/ performance cars are being targeted by the cops.
And that's the whole problem with fighting injustice for a stigma'd community. The modified vehicle scene, and I mean all loud customized vehicles and not just "tuner" cars, have always been "tolerated" by the general public at the best of times but mostly frowned upon. With all the tv shows that have popped up over the last 15 years or so and with social media/YouTube over the last decade it has made it mainstream but the law has never favored lowered/lifted, wheel poking, flashy loud vehicles.

I'm sure the RS OG's who contribute to the Meets can attest to the hard work it takes to get the law to view this community in a positive light. It's such an egg shell walk all the time and we forget that we're the thugs in the eyes of the community and even though we have been tolerated by society in the GVRD lately, compared to the F&F era say, if even a pin drops and wakes up those in charge we're all in for it; and that's what's happening now for whatever reason.

Taking about lawyers and civil injustice is laughable when you sit back and think about what it's defending. I can't see what event or combination of such that would spark the general public to be like "yeah, hey, quit picking on those car guys, they're nice and don't mean any harm" and have authority be like

I hate to come across as crass and sarcastic when a significant numbers of us have felt the wrath lately and are suffering both financially and emotionally. I'm nervous for that I have thought twice about driving around in a lowered ITR due to "heat" lately and it makes me bitter, as recent events have made others and even more so. How can a 41 year old man be feeling any sort of fear of time and financial loss just because he wants to enjoy his mostly stock car? Cars popping up for sale due to VI's? WTF is going on? This is crazy.

I don't have the answer to all this but I'll tell you that it's more "hat in hand" than protest. You keep poking the dragon it's gonna keeping fucking you, leave it alone by placating it for a while and it'll eventually go back to sleep.

/endrant
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #695

Failed 18 Times in 5 Posts
Well, I see only 2 ways: media (there was a similar stories in BC couple years ago), and official complains. I'm quite sure superiors would question a spark in complaints.
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #696
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 13 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I am willing to throw in some money but as The Northwest's #1 Sport Compact Car and Classifieds Site RS should be taking the lead on this.
site was last designed in 2007 with a 2008 GT-R in the banner
yeah I don't think they have cash lying around
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #697

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CED` View Post
site was last designed in 2007 with a 2008 GT-R in the banner
yeah I don't think they have cash lying around
It's not about the money it's about leadership. We could easily raise the money. Over the years i am pretty sure RS has made some connections with the media and other organizations.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:59 AM   #698
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Well according to my lawyer buddy the most I can sue for is the vi inspection fee and time wasted. So basically restricted to small claims court. Since you cannot do a class action suit (I asked him about this and he said each case is a bit different so a class action would be thrown out) and you're restricted to 5k ceiling, it's a waste of time to take these guys to court.
Granted you'll probably win. It's just the time and effort required.

Harrassment charges would also be easily defeated. By law the officer is allowed to cite you if they suspect anything is contravening the mva.

Don't know... I'm feeling pretty helpless here. Only thing I can think of is making a big stink and going to the media with a mass protest.

Edit: now that I think of it, the general corolla/camry/cuv public ain't going to really be on our side when we start protesting that our sports cars/ performance cars are being targeted by the cops. Most likely backfire so hard that you'll get fast and furois exhaust.

Especially if we do a rally. It'll be full of BMW's , Mercedes , exotics, etc , etc
By going to small claims, as you already stated, you will get your inspection fee plus time wasted back. For a guy who can afford a luxury car, your time is worth more than just a 14 dolla balla. Who knows, with enough claims against the officer, maybe the judge will tell the officer to stop being a douchebag and settle down on the VI's. If the officer needs to spend time in court means he has less time on the street handing out tickets.

Whatever the outcome to the current situation may be, it will take a group effort for a quicker and potentially more positive outcome. So being that your car was stock, you're the prime candidate to help out the rest of the community.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #699
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
One of my best friends is a RCMP officer and he said there isn't a quota to meet.
I know an RCMP officer and he told me there is no quota. However, the easiest way for an officer to show his supervisor that he is actually doing work (especially someone in traffic division) during their shift is to issue tickets.

If you finish your shift and didn't hand out any tickets and there was no big accident that you attended to/investigated nor other incident, it'll be kinda hard to justify what you did the whole shift.

That's actually why some officers give written warnings as well as actual tickets. It's them documenting that they were actually 'working' during the shift.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #700

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
I hate to come across as crass and sarcastic when a significant numbers of us have felt the wrath lately and are suffering both financially and emotionally.
A lot of the cars on here have thousands and thousands of dollars blown on them, on items that just make them less legal. Someone saying they're suffering financially because of the cost of a VI is going to sound laughably silly to the general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Cars popping up for sale due to VI's?
Are people really so bad at math that they're taking the massive depreciation hit of selling their modded vehicle and then the tax hit of buying another vehicle just to avoid the cost of a VI? Again, if that's the kinda stuff people bring to the media you're likely to get a lot of laughter and little support from the public.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: