REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #1051
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,845 Times in 595 Posts
Failed 31 Times in 13 Posts
Man I remember back when I got pulled over years ago by a pair VPD traffic unit members in my stanced Genesis for speeding. They gave me my ticket and sent me on my way with no mention of my wheel gap or anything... they were actually super respectful and pleasant to deal with.
Advertisement
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #1052
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
4 motorcycle cops were pulling people around 6pm this evening all along 70th east of Oak... there was no radar from Oak bridge like usual just pulling cars seemingly at random out of traffic, saw a stock 2003 Civic having to cycle through it’s various lights at the officers instructions close to Marine Drive and closer to Oak they were yarding over a stock Range Rover Sport too.

Too bad people with completely stock vehicles are unlikely to be part of RS or privy to any kind of movement from the car scene.
IMO it's better if someone with a stock car complained.

Like said before, it would have been more relatable to the general public and generate more buzz, which is what we want. They will now know that it can also affect their lives as they try to get to their job, get home to see their loved ones, only to be pulled over unnecessarily and waste their money and time because some cops... I will leave the reasoning up to you.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #1053
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 18 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
IMO it's better if someone with a stock car complained.

Like said before, it would have been more relatable to the general public and generate more buzz, which is what we want. They will now know that it can also affect their lives as they try to get to their job, get home to see their loved ones, only to be pulled over unnecessarily and waste their money and time because some cops... I will leave the reasoning up to you.
my frend saw it too. He thinks it was cell phone related
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #1054

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Got threatened with a VI today, Motorcycle traffic cop for VPD, had an Irish? accent. Told him I bought the car as is from Brian Jessel so thats the reason he didn't give me a VI. He did give me an excessive noise ticket, but my car was very quiet at the time. My friend in front of me had a full straight pipe but I get the excessive lol.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #1055

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
Got threatened with a VI today, Motorcycle traffic cop for VPD, had an Irish? accent. Told him I bought the car as is from Brian Jessel so thats the reason he didn't give me a VI. He did give me an excessive noise ticket, but my car was very quiet at the time. My friend in front of me had a full straight pipe but I get the excessive lol.

Dispute that ticket. It’s worth 3 points on your licence. Complete bullshit.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #1056
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Taking a short video of the current setup showing the current date somehow would help your case if the exhaust is fine.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #1057
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,081 Times in 1,921 Posts
Failed 202 Times in 90 Posts
Lol maybe he thought the noise was coming from your car instead of your friend's car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #1058

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Lol maybe he thought the noise was coming from your car instead of your friend's car?
Yah, that's what I said. He's like no the further he got the louder I got??? I was so low in the RPMs too lol. 1200 RPM going up a hill. I'm not denying the fact that my car would have gotten a ticket for noise any other time but just at that exact moment my car was dead ass quiet like any other car and my friends car was the loudest thing.

The cop told me that the ticket is no points, however if you search up the law its 3 demerit points, so yah. I don't care about the ticket itself but the points? Why did he lie about the law directly to my face?

The ticket says
Unnecessary Noise
(4x loud muffler/exhaust)
7A.01

Which by definition of the MVA is
No person shall start, drive, turn or stop any motor vehicle, or accelerate the vehicle engine while the vehicle is stationary, in a manner which causes any loud and unnecessary noise in or from the engine, exhaust system or the braking system, or from the contact of the tires with the roadway.

But I wasn't even revving?

Then he proceeded to tell me that BMW valved exhaust is illegal (I don't have valved), which means that even a base model 3 series with stock exhaust can get a VI, because those come valved from factory and work on two basis, either vacuum, or you can go into sport and it will open the valves. He also said Sport and Sport+ are illegal on the road. Which is retarded to why manufacturers are allowed to add these features to normal 3 series.

Anyways, case law from 2012 says cops can give you a ticket without a sound measuring device from their own expertise lol. Which is funny cause the cop didn't even know exactly what I was driving even with the badge clear as day on the trunk. At first he thought I was normal 3 series until I told him no, this is an M3 with a V8. That's when he backed off slightly with the "Order of Inspection"
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #1059
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 191 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Yah, that's what I said. He's like no the further he got the louder I got??? I was so low in the RPMs too lol. 1200 RPM going up a hill. I'm not denying the fact that my car would have gotten a ticket for noise any other time but just at that exact moment my car was dead ass quiet like any other car and my friends car was the loudest thing.

The cop told me that the ticket is no points, however if you search up the law its 3 demerit points, so yah. I don't care about the ticket itself but the points? Why did he lie about the law directly to my face?

The ticket says
Unnecessary Noise
(4x loud muffler/exhaust)
7A.01

Which by definition of the MVA is
No person shall start, drive, turn or stop any motor vehicle, or accelerate the vehicle engine while the vehicle is stationary, in a manner which causes any loud and unnecessary noise in or from the engine, exhaust system or the braking system, or from the contact of the tires with the roadway.

But I wasn't even revving?

Then he proceeded to tell me that BMW valved exhaust is illegal (I don't have valved), which means that even a base model 3 series with stock exhaust can get a VI, because those come valved from factory and work on two basis, either vacuum, or you can go into sport and it will open the valves. He also said Sport and Sport+ are illegal on the road. Which is retarded to why manufacturers are allowed to add these features to normal 3 series.

Anyways, case law from 2012 says cops can give you a ticket without a sound measuring device from their own expertise lol. Which is funny cause the cop didn't even know exactly what I was driving even with the badge clear as day on the trunk. At first he thought I was normal 3 series until I told him no, this is an M3 with a V8. That's when he backed off slightly with the "Order of Inspection"

Complete utter bullshit. My car has a valved exhaust and the dealership does a resonated delete with a factory oem part that we can back up obviously with factory warranty on top of this. If this is in fact true, then they are literally just spewing shit out of their asses at this point to get you that ticket.

I wonder what will result in them telling me this again if I take out my phone to record what they are telling me because they stand for the law since they are law enforcement. And if they're not telling the truth then I don't know what is the law.

Sport and Sport+ is a feature on the vehicle and honestly I can do whatever the fuck I want with the functions as long as I keep it within the law. Fuck, next thing you know they tell you listening to the radio while driving is illegal because it's "distracted driving"
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #1060
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
aftermarket exhaust on the E90 M3?

don't recall them having valvetronic system at all from factory on the exhaust.

driving mode is irrelevant for legal reasons as well. no different from not letting us use the car on manual shift mode either.

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #1061
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 4 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
4 motorcycle cops were pulling people around 6pm this evening all along 70th east of Oak... there was no radar from Oak bridge like usual just pulling cars seemingly at random out of traffic, saw a stock 2003 Civic having to cycle through it’s various lights at the officers instructions close to Marine Drive and closer to Oak they were yarding over a stock Range Rover Sport too.

Too bad people with completely stock vehicles are unlikely to be part of RS or privy to any kind of movement from the car scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusxv View Post
my frend saw it too. He thinks it was cell phone related
The last few times I saw this at Oak/70 were all for cellphone. Saw one or two guys walking between the rows of stopped cars and looking into the cars for cellphone usage.
Kayci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:05 AM   #1062
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 165 Posts

bleh
Old 11-19-2018, 12:24 AM   #1063

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post

Complete utter bullshit. My car has a valved exhaust and the dealership does a resonated delete with a factory oem part that we can back up obviously with factory warranty on top of this. If this is in fact true, then they are literally just spewing shit out of their asses at this point to get you that ticket.

I wonder what will result in them telling me this again if I take out my phone to record what they are telling me because they stand for the law since they are law enforcement. And if they're not telling the truth then I don't know what is the law.

Sport and Sport+ is a feature on the vehicle and honestly I can do whatever the fuck I want with the functions as long as I keep it within the law. Fuck, next thing you know they tell you listening to the radio while driving is illegal because it's "distracted driving"
I wish I had recorded this encounter. I also wish I still had a dashcam but last time I did have one a certain Forum Sponsor I bought it from cracked my windshield during installation and then two weeks later it fried itself and my FRM Module on my 335i due to a bad installation, they cut into the wrong wire lol.

I'm confused still on why he said my ticket isn't any points but the law says its 3 points. I know none of you guys can give the proper legal advice, but how would I go on for disputing this? This is my first ticket ever, I've had a clean record since I've gotten my license.

Furthermore, he said they're only for the track, which I agree with you, why am I NOT allowed to use certain functions on my vehicle that I purchased.

The worst part is, he took 5 minutes looking into my interior looking for a Sport+ button. I told him I do NOT have a function in my vehicle to open any valves as my car doesn't have any. He didn't believe me until I showed him the ONLY options I have in my center console area, which are POWER - BLANK - DSC OFF, on other cars BLANK would have been EDC/Electronic Damper Control which my vehicle isn't equipped with. The power button idk what that does but it sure doesn't open any valves LOL.

I still think its fucked up that cars with no working brake lights or headlights are less of an issue than someone with an apparent "loud" exhaust, or that buddy over here with a car thats rusting apart literally as he drives is safe. Sometimes officer discretion is a bitch. Earlier that day I drove behind a VW that had no working brake lights whatsoever, and behind me was a Surrey RCMP Cruiser. The VW went into the turn lane and obviously stopped but no brake lights. I even saw the officer turn his head towards the car slightly and just ignored it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
aftermarket exhaust on the E90 M3?

don't recall them having valvetronic system at all from factory on the exhaust.

driving mode is irrelevant for legal reasons as well. no different from not letting us use the car on manual shift mode either.
OEM Muffler on my car that I bought from Brian Jessel BMW PreOwned, and you're correct, only the normal E9X 3series has a valvetronic that only opens under vacuum, but he was telling me "all these exotics like Porsche and BMW have a mode that lets you open the pipes"

(Sorry for the scattered post again, not that great at big replies anymore.

Last edited by E90M3; 11-19-2018 at 01:25 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2018, 01:43 AM   #1064
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
unless things have changed the past fifteen years, Go to the motor vehicle branch with the ticket and tell them you want to dispute it. Must be within 30 days of the alleged offence.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:45 AM   #1065
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,541 Times in 2,642 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
First of all, thank you for the suggestions and words of encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4srv View Post
I scanned your initial letter and I find the tone quite aggressive and condescending. Keep in mind that if you decide to write to a government agency, especially when addressed to the Minister, the tone should be professional and grammatically correct. The Ministry would not take your letter seriously as written.

Once you have a final draft, post it here and PM me and I can edit it for you.

Plus, it should be Solicitor General, Mike Farnworth - not Eby
It's interesting how you are not the first person to tell me I was aggressive in that writing. I guess it came out that way because I was just pissed. As many of us will probably agree, this is ridiculous, especially so when stock cars are getting hit as well. IMO, some of the officers out there are totally abusing the authority that has been bestowed on them, and that just pisses me off.

I'll take your word for it that the letter should be addressed to the Solicitor General. Would you care to quickly educate this idiot what the difference is between him and the AG in BC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
perhaps throw in the end, that you would gladly show them further evidence to back up your claims, assuming you have some prepared. like youtube videos or example's of VI tickets, etc.
This is a problem that I have thought about prior to writing, and is also part of the reason why I wrote the letter the way it was written. The difficulty for me is, I have not been given a VI (and I sure hope I won't get one). The closest of what I can refer to as "evidence" is probably Cho's in-car video when he was stopped by the police (ie. the blue BRZ). This is why question 1 was formulated with more of a focus on how "the MVA is unreasonable"

I promised myself that I am going to try my best to see this one through. Unfortunately, the timing of it is not exactly good since there is a lot happening, and I just don't have a lot of time on my hands (which is why I am only replying at this ungodly hour now... ) I will see through the updates and revising, but it will probably be a little slow. Please bear with me on what may seem like a lack of updates on this subject.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:22 AM   #1066

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
I was also lied to about this ticket having zero points, in court, on the day of trial before the hearing, by two VPD traffic officers. I took there word for it and just paid it. It’s one of the few tickets now on my record. It, along with other situations in life, has slowly eroded my trust in humanity.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #1067
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,858 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
The other day driving down shell rd in Richmond being followed by an rcmp for a while. I forgot how hard your heart starts pounding (for no reason) when they light up behind you. I pull over, and he stops, does a u-turn and pulls a guy going the opposite direction.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #1068
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
The other day driving down shell rd in Richmond being followed by an rcmp for a while. I forgot how hard your heart starts pounding (for no reason) when they light up behind you. I pull over, and he stops, does a u-turn and pulls a guy going the opposite direction.
RICHMOND RCMP, THEY CHILL

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #1069
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
if manufacturer doesnt state "off road use only" any where on owner's manual or any labeling whatsoever, then it meets Canada department of transportation standards for legal road use.

So Mr officer, its legal on federal level yet not legal provincially?

there are tons of shit boxes on the roads that needs to be pulled over yet "above average" mechanical condition enthusiast cars get pulled over ... police focus done wrong for sure.

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #1070
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 42 Times in 9 Posts
Why do we have the CMVSS and Transport Canada if its just up to traffic cops of whats legal and not legal LOL

If the dealer sold that car in this country with that feature, its legal

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #1071
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
A friend of mine was driving a SVR F-type and he got in a bit of trouble with the loud stock exhaust.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #1072
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,883 Times in 5,637 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
F-Types were getting in trouble since they came out, not sure what the legality of their stock exhaust is decibel wise... the SVR Range Rover Sports are pretty obnoxious too
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #1073
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
RICHMOND RCMP, THEY CHILL
https://globalnews.ca/news/4675280/r...ured-richmond/

Some drivers aren't so chill
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #1074

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
I was also lied to about this ticket having zero points, in court, on the day of trial before the hearing, by two VPD traffic officers. I took there word for it and just paid it. It’s one of the few tickets now on my record. It, along with other situations in life, has slowly eroded my trust in humanity.
Yah its pretty stupid how they can lie about points and stuff to your face. Like realistically they can't say no points unless they write you up a ticket that actually offers no points for the same amount.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #1075
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 25 Times in 14 Posts
Stupid question..I apologize in advance.

So for that blue BRZ, after it got inspected and receive the Certificate of Approval on the windshield, is it good until November 30, 2019?

So after that date it needs another inspection?
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote