REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #1076
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,858 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post

there are tons of shit boxes on the roads that needs to be pulled over yet "above average" mechanical condition enthusiast cars get pulled over ... police focus done wrong for sure.
I couldn’t agree more. I’d say a solid 65-75% of vehicles that come into my shop have tires like this person today. Alignment wear, well below the 2/32 wear bar, starting to delaminates etc. Spoiler alert, the other tire had a separated belt. I see this shit every day constantly, and usually on vans/cars with child seats.

Yet we get VI’d. Despicable

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.sportscard.trade
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #1077
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I couldn’t agree more. I’d say a solid 65-75% of vehicles that come into my shop have tires like this person today. Alignment wear, well below the 2/32 wear bar, starting to delaminates etc. Spoiler alert, the other tire had a separated belt. I see this shit every day constantly, and usually on vans/cars with child seats.

Yet we get VI’d. Despicable

While I completely understand how ridiculous this is...
None of those cars and vans are lowered with loud attention grabbing exhausts, so cops aren't going to pull them over just to check if their tires are bald, as that's pretty much impossible to spot on the road.

So what do you do with those tires? Do you tell the owners? or can you just mandatorily throw them out? lol
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #1078
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
While I completely understand how ridiculous this is...
None of those cars and vans are lowered with loud attention grabbing exhausts, so cops aren't going to pull them over just to check if their tires are bald, as that's pretty much impossible to spot on the road.

So what do you do with those tires? Do you tell the owners? or can you just mandatorily throw them out? lol
If you get behind a car that has tires that are fucked its visibly obvious. Just the other day I was behind a Red Genesis that had pretty much bald tires and it was super noticeable. Cops just choose to ignore it, just like how they like to ignore people who don't have their lights on while they cruise behind the person too.
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #1079
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
@moniquesong just got a box 1, less than two months after passing a box 2. Cop claims its cause the ticket said Jeep dealership and she didn't go to Jeep dealership.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2018, 06:51 PM   #1080

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
lol no way her jeep would've passed a box 2

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #1081
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,066 Times in 548 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
A friend of mine was driving a SVR F-type and he got in a bit of trouble with the loud stock exhaust.
This was before the VI thing blew up. Plus I may have told him how to make the exhaust be obnoxious all the time.
vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #1082
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Was she pulled over by the same officer or different one?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #1083
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
just went through her ig story because I was curious, they dispatched 2 police vehicles?! it's obviously modded but i'd hardly call that a safety concern

what a waste of resources
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:02 PM   #1084

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
What a fucking dick that cop is. If you’re reading this, then you are living proof that god has a remarkable sense of humor.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:07 PM   #1085

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
just went through her ig story because I was curious, they dispatched 2 police vehicles?! it's obviously modded but i'd hardly call that a safety concern

what a waste of resources
They did the same for me. 2 Cars, couldn't see the second one at first but it was 1 motorcycle, 1 unmarked pickup truck and then I saw the Dodge Charger. Clearly Im a dangerous felon now that required 4 officers in total.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:37 PM   #1086
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi guys! I just want to share that I am originally from ontario, milton to be exact, and just moved here in BC for about a year now. Reading from this thread, I noticed that Vpd are just a bunch of as*holes. Well some people might say. I moved here and became a little but of a car enthusias. Just got my brz with new rims and an n1 exhaust. As a new person to the car scene, I thought these two mods are the basic mods that I can put in my car. I was so happy when I got it. Really proud of my self, and then suddenly I cant go to dt anymore without getting pulled over or getting my car towed. Such a hassle knowing that I cant drive anywhere with my pride and joy. And yes I agree that cops here are focusing on a car enthusiast instead of people who are driving without their lights on, driving with bald tires, and careless driving. I have been pulled over in our town back in ontario for my lights are off and Im supposed to get a $110 ticket but instead i got a free hot choclate coupon at mac’s. Although i got a ticket for driving 160 on a 100. But thats not the point. Its just sucks to know that I cant drive freely in this province.
gelowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:26 AM   #1087
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Failed 33 Times in 24 Posts
it's not necessarily the province, it's mostly just Vancouver proper.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2018, 12:46 AM   #1088
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
@moniquesong just got a box 1, less than two months after passing a box 2. Cop claims its cause the ticket said Jeep dealership and she didn't go to Jeep dealership.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for the super quick update. I honest didnt know I was on a thread until today talking to a friend regarding my Box 1 and he mentioned about this..

So hi this is Monique.

EDIT
-----
Will not post anything public anymore until the case is settled.

Last edited by devilcocoa1993; 11-21-2018 at 02:33 PM.
devilcocoa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:54 AM   #1089
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
EDIT
-----
Will not post anything public anymore until the case is settled.

Last edited by devilcocoa1993; 11-21-2018 at 02:35 PM.
devilcocoa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2018, 12:58 AM   #1090

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Hi Monique,

Thanks for posting. While originally, I would have placed you in the pay to play category, I only brought up your VI again because it's ridiculous that you just passed your box 2 and got a box 1.

This is a common topic in this thread and people wanted proof that this actually happens. Well, here's proof. And it sucks. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Do you have dashcam footage? Targeting your vehicle sounds suspiciously like harassment. To say that your vehicle doesn't turn as much, is stupid. Each and every vehicle has a different turning radius.

We finally have a platform to share our stories and a outlet to share our voices on the issue. It would be nice to hear the thoughts of prominent individuals in the local car community, like yourself, regarding this topic.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2018, 01:05 AM   #1091
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
oh nvm, refreshed the page.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:33 AM   #1092
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
That short arm lift kit falls within the MVA regulation of allowing a 10cm ride height change before a modified vehicle VI is required. It's a 6.35cm lift.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #1093
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
If that Jeep got VI'd, then things truly have gone crazy in the world of the VPD traffic squad.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #1094
I don't get it

Failed 16 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Would you care to quickly educate this idiot what the difference is between him and the AG in BC?
Generally speaking, Sol Gen oversees all law enforcement agencies, policies and regulations in BC (MVA, MVR, etc.); and Att Gen oversees litigations.

For anyone wish to write to your MLA or SG, below is the main themes you should be focusing on. Not, the tits for tats stories, or how "bad" the law is right now. If it's bad, then point out why it's bad.

In your letter, focus on bigger issues such as:
1) Consistency in the application of roadside inspection of VI - box 1,2 3, etc.
-you can talk about the visual testing and testing without specialized equipment.

2) Training for roadside VI - requirements for training and annual retraining
-to ensure officers has the proper knowledge, skills, and experience to enforce the MVR

3) Ambiguous and subjective for officers to issue Box 1, 2, or 3
-justification of Box 1, 2, or 3 is inconsistent with MVA and/or MVR

4) Inconsistencies to have vehicle inspected at specific inspection facility
-[research required] as specific inspection facility not specified in MVR

5) Lack of recourse
-lack of public accountability of the police agency
bb4srv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #1095

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcocoa1993 View Post
A lot of typos there but you got the idea..
And dont try to argue with them about parts or mechanical stuff. Thats my mistake. He would pull this card of saying “im not a mechanic, i can only send you to a professional to have it inspected. The reason i specify Jeep is because i believe they are a very good brand good manufacture, they know their cars the best. Jeep knows Jeep. Their mechanics are the best and official dealership qualified. Thas why I’m not sending you to lamborghini to inspect because they know nothing about Jeep. Jeep needs to go to a Jeep dealership, not a random shop.” (Although the shop is ICBC Authorized Inspector)
We had the same officer, we talked on IG.

This is load of bullshit lmao. Its like saying BMW is the only one that knows whats wrong with my car, load of horse shit, the amount of misdiagnosis done by dealerships is ridiculous. Just because its a dealership doesn't mean they know the car the best. They have tons of other cars not just one model.

Furthermore proves these guys are retarded. What's the point in giving Indy Shops authorization to give inspections when it doesn't mean shit anymore? Plenty of Indy Shops that know the platform much better than a dealership.

Like fuck, BMW couldn't figure out why my steering was making noise, but a quick check with my friend who's good with the platform showed me instantly why its making the noise. $250 for a misdiagnosis and being told they don't know whats causing it LOL.

But no this guy is clearly an expert about ALL dealerships now.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #1096
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,883 Times in 5,637 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
That's another angle to attack this on actually... shops that are not dealerships but pay to have licensed inspectors and do inspections are being cut out of this initiative with the dealer only BS. If I owned a shop and this had become the norm for some jackass police officers to suddenly say I'm not qualified to give inspections I've paid to do the training/licensing for I'd be livid.

Also, I am unsure of provincial/municipal regulations, but in my time working for the federal government, this is a big no no... it's a form of sole sourcing. An agent of the government cannot direct or advise the public to use specific establishments or businesses that would gain financially from such an advisory... there are soooo many ways that this isn't right for any government agency to be doing. I would imagine provincial/municipal has similar laws.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #1097
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Also, I am unsure of provincial/municipal regulations, but in my time working for the federal government, this is a big no no... it's a form of sole sourcing. An agent of the government cannot direct or advise the public to use specific establishments or businesses that would gain financially from such an advisory... there are soooo many ways that this isn't right for any government agency to be doing. I would imagine provincial/municipal has similar laws.
Agreed. No way is this legal.

Seems like a perfect avenue for corruption to me. Especially considering you can't dispute a VI in the same manner as you would a traffic ticket.

If I were a VPD Officer whose buddy owned a shop, what's to stop me from writing VI's all day with explicit instructions to use "Tone Loc's Automotive" with the intention of helping them out?
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #1098

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Loc View Post
Agreed. No way is this legal.

Seems like a perfect avenue for corruption to me. Especially considering you can't dispute a VI in the same manner as you would a traffic ticket.

If I were a VPD Officer whose buddy owned a shop, what's to stop me from writing VI's all day with explicit instructions to use "Tone Loc's Automotive" with the intention of helping them out?
I guess in this sense he's not forcing us to go any specific dealership, but all these dealerships are owned by the same 3 groups basically lol. Jim Pattison, OpenRoad, Dilwari Group
Old 11-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #1099
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,915 Times in 7,398 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
So all the talk before that none of these dealerships did VIs, was that true? Seems like a good way to get a bunch of dealerships to buy inspection licenses.
“Tinfoil hat off”
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #1100

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
Have any muscle cars gotten VIs?
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: