REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-18-2019, 01:24 PM   #1876
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,541 Times in 2,642 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
how much passing as-is translating to real change, i ave my doubts

you often do you hear the officers say 'how would i know, i'm not the expert, that's why we're sending you to the shop'
I have my doubts as well, but we won't know until we try pushing back. The more valid complains we generate, the more pressure there is for the VPD to drop this BS and re-direct their time and attention to things that are more worthy of their time.

(And hopefully if there are enough complains on Cain, he will receive some sort of reprimand as well.)
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #1877
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
The real crime here is that a woman most likely has had to look at Cain’s micro peen after sitting in a sweaty grey F150 all day.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #1878
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
The real crime here is that a woman most likely has had to look at Cain’s micro peen after sitting in a sweaty grey F150 all day.
Let's leave the personal insults and trash talking out of here.

We've a legitimate complaint so the juvinile antics only serve to sully our own case.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #1879
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Failed 42 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Just a reminder, a car with a Demonstration plate cannot receive a VI Notice.
Any source info for this? Not doubting it but more questioning why a D-Plated/non-insured but dealer registered vehicle would all of a sudden become exempt from a VI even if it does not comply with the laws. Those that know me know how I roll and I'd be down to test this theory with valid info from ICBC/CVSE/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzn6 View Post
CAR PASSED. I REPEAT, CAR PASSED INSPECTION AS-IS.
Outstanding!!!

I can only hope this evidence leads us in the proper direction with someone, anyone, at the VPD. I believe we will need more of these in order to actually make waves though but this is an excellent start. It is an unbelievably steep uphill battle for modded car enthusiasts and without the assistance from the general public we are a small group. With Cain and Co. being extremely vigilant with their claims we all know it will be an epic fight to get anything on him legitimately. I heard of him and his cronies recently visiting a known shop in Burnaby with what was described as a "We have our eye on you" thuggish-type threat implying that vehicles were being passed when they shouldn't have. Sheesh, what a crime fighter.

I still fail to see how him and his teams actions are actually helping improve the safety of the general public with their tactics. Like many have said, distracted driving and other similar infractions FAR out-weigh the chances of a modded car creating an injury due to an accident specifically due to the illegal mods failing and causing such an occurrence. I'd wager to say that most incidents that involve a modded vehicle would be the fault of the driver and not the potential illegal modifications it has.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #1880
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 12 Times in 9 Posts
Id be taking my car right down to the VPD with everything in hand and asking them for money. Obviously you wont get any but still you should start eating up VPD resources since they don't seem to mind wasting yours.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #1881
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,517 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 319 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
how much passing as-is translating to real change, i ave my doubts

you often do you hear the officers say 'how would i know, i'm not the expert, that's why we're sending you to the shop'

they'll be off the hook for VI'ing a stock-ish car, i can almost guarantee it
This Cain guy is obviously an expert, since hes training other VPD officers on the matter.

This case already proves how unqualified Cain is to issue legitimate VIs.
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #1882
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
This Cain guy is obviously an expert, since hes training other VPD officers on the matter.

This case already proves how unqualified Cain is to issue legitimate VIs.
Just playing Devil's advocate here but Cain isn't wrong.
Joon's car did have an aftermarket exhaust and makes it a legitimate reason to pull him over.

The roadside test was over the limit hence the box 2.

That's all he has to say to his boss to justify what he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 02:21 PM   #1883
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
lol according to their own procedures manual,giving someone a box 2 for a exhaust modification is a deficiency that is severe enough for a complete inspection????

Loud exhaust should be a minor defect that does not effect safe operation of the vehicle.

Unless what I understand is that worn tires are not as important as an aftermarket exhaust.......? As that only justifies a Box 3?
tokyoteleport is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #1884
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 9 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Joon's car did have an aftermarket exhaust and makes it a legitimate reason to pull him over.

Unfortunately I am going to have to agree with this: Cain can simply state it was "loud by ear" and he wanted to issue a VI to get it confirmed by a test facility.

You could argue that law enforcement resources could be better used elsewhere, but the argument likely won't be strong enough to pose more than a slap on the wrist for Cain.

Last edited by BrokenEuro; 01-18-2019 at 05:29 PM.
BrokenEuro is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #1885
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenEuro View Post
Unfortunately I am going to have to agree with this: Cain can simply state it was "loud by ear" (which as stated by the test result, was "just under the dB limit") and he wanted to issue a VI to get it confirmed by a test facility.
you can then argue his hearing is messed up from driving in a cop car and shooting guns in his line of work

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #1886

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenEuro View Post
Unfortunately I am going to have to agree with this: Cain can simply state it was "loud by ear" (which as stated by the test result, was "just under the dB limit") and he wanted to issue a VI to get it confirmed by a test facility.

You could argue that law enforcement resources could be better used elsewhere, but the argument likely won't be strong enough to pose more than a slap on the wrist for Cain.
Which goes back to how GT3RS only got a warning.
Speaking of which, it's nice to see him contributing here. Oh wait...
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #1887
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,858 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
This entire thread and whole situation

Old 01-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #1888
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Failed 33 Times in 24 Posts
i'm going to see if i can pull a screenshot from my dashcam, ran into a work truck this morning that was missing the left hand tail light assembly entirely... and our cars are unsafe?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #1889

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoteleport View Post
lol according to their own procedures manual,giving someone a box 2 for a exhaust modification is a deficiency that is severe enough for a complete inspection????

Loud exhaust should be a minor defect that does not effect safe operation of the vehicle.

Unless what I understand is that worn tires are not as important as an aftermarket exhaust.......? As that only justifies a Box 3?
It says bald tires on a dry day. I would assume if the car was pulled over on a rainy day it may be a box 2 or even a box 1 if the cords were showing.

I agree though, a loud exhaust is worthy of a box 2?
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #1890
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 187 Times in 28 Posts
I would like to also point out the procedural change in #6 from the 2005 version to the 2018 version.
2005 version basically said if you do Nothing about your Notice the officer does nothing and it's only when you renew your insurance that you need a pass in order to register it. Now you get a fine.
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #1891
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
It can't hurt to have a few legitimate complaints against a certain officer. If Cain still wants to go around giving borderline VIs after that is up to him.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #1892
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Drove behind a modded black Lexus 2GS and a modded blue R32 GTR on my way down Kingsway from Main. Had my fingers crossed for them that Cain wasn't in the area.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #1893
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 126 Times in 19 Posts
Well I traded in my Accord (lowered, rims, exhausts 4inch, lights). Live in Vancouver and don't want the trouble and be out $$$.

Nice to have that stress gone now and not be afraid to drive around in Vancouver.
ursher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #1894
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Failed 29 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:

True. From what i understand, if the officer even has suspicion that it might be violating the MVA then that's enough to issue a VI...just because this one vehicle passed as is, it doesn't give us a break-through in our argument.
HOWEVER, if a trend starts where more and more cars start passing as-is, THEN we have an argument that officers need to be better educated on when to issue a VI. I think people that feel they're within the MVA should continue to have their cars inspected as-is, rather than returning back to OEM parts which is what is being requested and is not a requirement under the MVA (to best of my knowledge).

I've said it before too, but if a case can be put together that all this noise is impacting local businesses ('tuner' shops losing business) then that is something that more of the general public can relate to and sympathize. That kind of impact might not be noticeable today but if this keeps up, i could see it having a pretty decent impact on those kinds of businesses as people stop modifying their cars.
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #1895
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Any source info for this? Not doubting it but more questioning why a D-Plated/non-insured but dealer registered vehicle would all of a sudden become exempt from a VI even if it does not comply with the laws. Those that know me know how I roll and I'd be down to test this theory with valid info from ICBC/CVSE/etc.

Outstanding!!!

I can only hope this evidence leads us in the proper direction with someone, anyone, at the VPD. I believe we will need more of these in order to actually make waves though but this is an excellent start. It is an unbelievably steep uphill battle for modded car enthusiasts and without the assistance from the general public we are a small group. With Cain and Co. being extremely vigilant with their claims we all know it will be an epic fight to get anything on him legitimately. I heard of him and his cronies recently visiting a known shop in Burnaby with what was described as a "We have our eye on you" thuggish-type threat implying that vehicles were being passed when they shouldn't have. Sheesh, what a crime fighter.

I still fail to see how him and his teams actions are actually helping improve the safety of the general public with their tactics. Like many have said, distracted driving and other similar infractions FAR out-weigh the chances of a modded car creating an injury due to an accident specifically due to the illegal mods failing and causing such an occurrence. I'd wager to say that most incidents that involve a modded vehicle would be the fault of the driver and not the potential illegal modifications it has.
Right on CVSE
CVSE - VIP eForm System - Known Issues
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #1896
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,081 Times in 1,921 Posts
Failed 202 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
It says bald tires on a dry day. I would assume if the car was pulled over on a rainy day it may be a box 2 or even a box 1 if the cords were showing.

I agree though, a loud exhaust is worthy of a box 2?
I know of a 350z (or a 370z?) years ago that got a box 1 for driving on R-Comps on a rainy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #1897
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 12 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
CAR PASSED. I REPEAT, CAR PASSED INSPECTION AS-IS.

We did it boys, thank you all for the help. Will post proof later today. Expected costs for the inspection is ~$202. (holy fuck) PM me for email for donations if you would like to donate for the inspection. I'll stop accepting donations after I have the proper amount and I'd like to also give $20 for my own inspection too.

**Actually fuck it I passed first try, I'll pay my own fee, it only makes sense. Thanks all.**
Congrats on passing! We all knew you would. Please file a formal complaint against VPD and make as much noise as possible... With the MLA, Mayor, VPD, etc. Perhaps even @BIC_BAWS can guide you in the right direction with the media since we have a legitimate case on our hands.
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2019, 06:34 PM   #1898
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
PROOF I PASSED. TEST WAS CONDUCTED AS FOLLOWS:

1 METRE AWAY FROM TIP OF EXHAUST AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE.
IDLE, 2000 RPM, 3500 RPM AND 4500 RPM ARE TESTED.

THEY ONLY STATED THAT THE EXHAUST CURRENTLY ON THE CAR IS THE ONE ON PAPER BUT HAVE SAID THAT THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEM SHOWING THIS PAPER TO THE POLICE AS PROOF.

IMGUR LINK:

https://imgur.com/a/mKZUEmw

(also it was $250, I literally just got robbed by a gangster in a police uniform.)

Last edited by joonzn6; 01-18-2019 at 07:41 PM.
joonzn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #1899
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaggs View Post
True. From what i understand, if the officer even has suspicion that it might be violating the MVA then that's enough to issue a VI...just because this one vehicle passed as is, it doesn't give us a break-through in our argument.
HOWEVER, if a trend starts where more and more cars start passing as-is, THEN we have an argument that officers need to be better educated on when to issue a VI. I think people that feel they're within the MVA should continue to have their cars inspected as-is, rather than returning back to OEM parts which is what is being requested and is not a requirement under the MVA (to best of my knowledge)..
That's the problem in my opinion. Ya sure you have a suspicion, so because of your suspicion WE are the ones that get penalized?

In my opinion, if all they have to go on are suspicions and opinions on a vehicle then a notice should be issued to have the vehicle inspected within a certain amount of days, and if the car passes then you don't pay the ticket and if it fails you pay. Innocent until proven guilty.

Or, make it ONLY possible for a CVSE officer to issue VI's. If they've got coveralls on and a clipboard with an inspection paper on it.. Power to em. Every time I've gotten checked by DOT driving truck they know exactly what the minimums and requirements are and issue a ticket in accordance with that. Fine by me.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:10 PM   #1900
I don't get it

Failed 87 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
PROOF I PASSED. TEST WAS CONDUCTED AS FOLLOWS:

1 METRE AWAY FROM TIP OF EXHAUST AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE.
IDLE, 2000 RPM, 3500 RPM AND 4500 RPM ARE TESTED.

THEY ONLY STATED THAT THE EXHAUST CURRENTLY ON THE CAR IS THE ONE ON PAPER BUT HAVE SAID THAT THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEM SHOWING THIS PAPER TO THE POLICE AS PROOF.

IMGUR LINK:

https://imgur.com/a/CGSKaU4

(also it was $250, I literally just got robbed by a gangster in a police uniform.)
I hope the VPD/RCMP will see this and come to their senses that they're approaching this VI thing the wrong way.

Last edited by dvst8; 01-18-2019 at 07:24 PM.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: