REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #2076
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
Yes they should be, theres no argument there. But unfortunately their actions havent left us with much of a choice. The faster we can turn this into a problem for them to deal with the faster they will be pressured to do something about it, and the faster police resources can be spent on things like protecting and serving.

Look at any customer service issue youve ever dealt with. You get nowhere with the sales associate. You dont get results unless you complain to the manager, regional/district manager, or submit/file a complaint to the customer service. Imagine being the associate's manager and receiving complaints daily about the conduct or actions of your sales associate. Its a guarantee that they are going to look into it because its now become a problem for the manager.
Advertisement
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2019, 11:30 PM   #2077
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,760 Times in 2,314 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
isn't it funny how just the previous page y'all were thanking the guy who said every resource counts and traffic enforcement should be tackling gang violence/petty theft, but now we should waste police resources as a retaliation?

this is why the OP gave up...got burnt out due to the lack of cohesion in trying to resolve this VI fiasco

but yeah, let's keep calling peace officers cunts and cucks on the Internet/open forum, that'll show 'em
Yeah this isnt really where i was headed with my argument...

in fact it's one of my pet peeves of the ticketing system that there is no penalty for people who dispute a ticket and knowingly waste the systems time, just to get a reduced fine or try and see if the cop doesn't show up. I feel like the fee for people who are found to be doing shit like that should be way higher.

So I dont condone people trying to waste PO's time and acting out against the police, that's going to get us all nowhere. As has been said many a time here, we are a small percent of the population, and most people dont respond well to the car enthusiast plight as it is, so making more negative noise is a bad idea.

On the other hand I do agree, the system is broken. I'm just saying try not to make it worse by creating even more hate towards us. But a respectful formal complaint, if you have a real reason to file a complaint, seems totally reasonable to me.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2019, 12:24 AM   #2078
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 98 Times in 21 Posts
Dildo. Shifters.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2019, 09:00 AM   #2079
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Failed 214 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Dildo. Shifters.
Keep trolling and you are going to find "Yourself" banned from this thread.

Berz out.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #2080
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
Why keep your car in storage in hopes this all blows over when you can...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/c...799948703.html

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #2081
Ralphy Boy

How about a couple of respectable representatives of 'the scene' simply request a brief meeting with Officer Caine and perhaps try to get a handle on what's going on and how to avoid getting caught up in it? Contact information for active police members is readily available and police often hand out their 'business cards' should you need to get a hold of them. Police meet with people for various reasons all the time so this would be nothing out of the ordinary. Far more likely to get a better understanding of this miserable situation meeting at a Tim Hortons versus the side of the road while you're arguing that your flame-shooting, deafening exhaust is "stock". Until then:

- Big wings, 'splitters', try-hard body kits: Take them off. They usually look idiotic and attract all sorts of negative attention from the fuzz not to mention chicks rarely think they're cool.

- Lowered a bit: You're generally good with an inch of clearance to ANY part of the body. 'Dumped' or 'In the weeds' ? You're asking for it.

- Obnoxious exhaust? You're begging for it.

- "Poked" wheels and tires? You deserve that VI and probably a good 'ole fashioned tar and feathering as well.

- Front tint? We're not in the deep south USA. Take. It. Off.

- Driving like an idiot with a phone on your lap? We all do it from time to time. Cops do too. They're mod-profiling pretty hard right now so monitor your surroundings very carefully should you wish to engage fuck-boi mode.

At the end of the day it's in the VPD's best interest to foster a good relationship with all members of the community they police including us car guys. The last thing they want is to appear unapproachable or have good people scared of them. Remember when they painted their cars white to appear 'friendlier' ?

'Ralphy Boy'....White dude in his mid 40's who likes to fly below the radar.

Last edited by Ralphy Boy; 01-25-2019 at 12:03 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #2082
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 18 Times in 5 Posts
This is most of tunner community here, but as shown above, we are still subject to VI notice. Also hi end sport cars too, even stock, as shown above.
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #2083
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
But a respectful formal complaint, if you have a real reason to file a complaint, seems totally reasonable to me.
The problem is people who are completely in the wrong still think their complaint is valid. Watch an episode of Judge Judy and you'll see what I mean.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #2084
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
holy 2jz !!

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #2085
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Keep trolling and you are going to find "Yourself" banned from this thread.

Berz out.
lol.... literally every post this guy has made in here is some childish personal attack on Cain, VPD, or at this point, just a reference from a previous joke...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #2086
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy Boy View Post
How about a couple of respectable representatives of 'the scene' simply request a brief meeting with Officer Caine and perhaps try to get a handle on what's going on and how to avoid getting caught up in it? Contact information for active police members is readily available and police often hand out their 'business cards' should you need to get a hold of them. Police meet with people for various reasons all the time so this would be nothing out of the ordinary. Far more likely to get a better understanding of this miserable situation meeting at a Tim Hortons versus the side of the road while you're arguing that your flame-shooting, deafening exhaust is "stock". Until then:

- Big wings, 'splitters', try-hard body kits: Take them off. They usually look idiotic and attract all sorts of negative attention from the fuzz not to mention chicks rarely think they're cool.

- Lowered a bit: You're generally good with an inch of clearance to ANY part of the body. 'Dumped' or 'In the weeds' ? You're asking for it.

- Obnoxious exhaust? You're begging for it.

- "Poked" wheels and tires? You deserve that VI and probably a good 'ole fashioned tar and feathering as well.

- Front tint? We're not in the deep south USA. Take. It. Off.

- Driving like an idiot with a phone on your lap? We all do it from time to time. Cops do too. They're mod-profiling pretty hard right now so monitor your surroundings very carefully should you wish to engage fuck-boi mode.

At the end of the day it's in the VPD's best interest to foster a good relationship with all members of the community they police including us car guys. The last thing they want is to appear unapproachable or have good people scared of them. Remember when they painted their cars white to appear 'friendlier' ?

'Ralphy Boy'....White dude in his mid 40's who likes to fly below the radar.
You started off well but after the 3rd sentence, your post turned to shit.

Thanks for coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #2087
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
Completely unrelated what going on but a cop charge with dangerous driving for hitting a pedestrian https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vanc...s-driving-2019
Whatheshrek is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2019, 08:24 PM   #2088
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
Heard something on the radio today that vancouver mayor kennedy stewart will start having public meetings with citizens to hear their concerns and suggestions. First meetimg is 4 hours long or something.
Someone should go to the meeting and enlighten him about this whole issue
Oeks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #2089
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,249 Times in 615 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
Just saw the "first cars and coffee meet 2019" tmrw.... on social media... after seeing the time/location... welp, guess this is a "no go" lolol... knock wood, I hope everyone is safe tomorrow.

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:41 PM   #2090
I don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeks1 View Post
Heard something on the radio today that vancouver mayor kennedy stewart will start having public meetings with citizens to hear their concerns and suggestions. First meetimg is 4 hours long or something.
Someone should go to the meeting and enlighten him about this whole issue
https://www.vancourier.com/news/here...art-1.23607137

Any resident can book a 15-minute session with him, and I agree that at least one directly affected member who is capable of communicating efficiently and effectively should bring him up to speed with what is happening in his city. I know Vancouverites who are genuinely uncomfortable with being out and about right now, and people from other municipalities are choosing to avoid Vancouver altogether because of this mess. This hurts business, and he knows that. And things will only get worse as the officer shares his trade secret with others.

We are unlikely to convince anyone to spend the money and time to make the necessary changes to the MVA to reflect modern day motor vehicles, so in my opinion the focus of the meeting should be on the following issues:

1. The officer is unfairly targeting a specific group of people and intentionally misinterpreting the MVA and CVSE standards.

2. The officer is doing this in a way that he cannot be held accountable for his actions.

3. Vehicle owners are being forced to pay for costly vehicles inspections that they may not need at dealerships when there is zero evidence supporting this officer's claim that certified independent shops are incapable of properly inspecting motor vehicles. This is ludicrously unfair for small shops and their technicians who have to pay just as much as dealerships and their technicians to obtain and renew the exact same licenses, especially when many dealerships have no interest in vehicle inspections in the first place. I am a licensed vehicle inspector at a dealership myself, and two of my technicians are certified as well so I have absolutely nothing to gain from disagreeing with him. Wrong is wrong in this case.

Duke should be left out of this meeting, and yes I believe anyone with legitimate cases should continue to file complaints with the VPD.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:48 PM   #2091

Thanked 1,657 Times in 573 Posts
Failed 50 Times in 22 Posts
Saw a VPD marked F150 driving around the metrotown area this afternoon, not enough bait on the Vancouver side?
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:06 PM   #2092
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
what they can't cross Boundary Rd to get some Uncle Testu?

unrelated rant: who's the genius that removed metrotown skytrain overpass? central blvd exit is a major clusterfuck on weekends because right turns have to wait for late yellows now
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:50 AM   #2093
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
^ yeah, it’s ridiculous. Especially when it’s during the holidays, traffic gets so backed up in the underground parking lot just to turn
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:52 AM   #2094
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
what they can't cross Boundary Rd to get some Uncle Testu?

unrelated rant: who's the genius that removed metrotown skytrain overpass? central blvd exit is a major clusterfuck on weekends because right turns have to wait for late yellows now
That’s metrotowns property and they basically said FU to TransLink when they asked them for money to upgrade the overpass to Link with the station upgrades
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #2095
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm watching someone with a 01 lhd wrx get a vi across from milk and sugar on kingsway right now. His car does not seem excessively lowered imo. Remain cautious out there guys.
spdf595orbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:14 PM   #2096
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
according to the sightings on this thread, it seems like they like camping in that joyce stretch of kingsway and south east van in general

if you even have a drop lower than 1" past stock, i'd honestly avoid the area

take granville or grandview/12th if you need to go downtown
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #2097
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 187 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
according to the sightings on this thread, it seems like they like camping in that joyce stretch of kingsway and south east van in general

if you even have a drop lower than 1" past stock, i'd honestly avoid the area

take granville or grandview/12th if you need to go downtown

12th isnt safe either. Cain pulled me over on 12th right before commercial
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #2098
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,159 Times in 3,639 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Cain ¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2019, 10:20 PM   #2099

Thanked 2,249 Times in 615 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
Well Reggie got pulled over literally a block away from where he lives .... so umm no, downtown aint safe is anyone is wondering, I think they are straight up now just roaming around.

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #2100
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
That’s metrotowns property and they basically said FU to TransLink when they asked them for money to upgrade the overpass to Link with the station upgrades
I heard it was the City of Burnaby who said FU to everyone. Both Translink and Metrotown wanted the overpass with the cost divided into 1/3 for each.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote