REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:29 PM   #2601
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
If provinces want to restrict abortions tool will do nothing to stop them. His pro-choice stance is weak. It's like the chief of police saying I'm not racist but I can't stop my officers from being racist if they want to be.

https://twitter.com/Emilie_Ni/status...248201730?s=19
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #2602
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,290 Times in 2,057 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Wish a reporter would ask JT, "If you get a slim minority like you had before or, if you lose the election, will you step down as party leader?'
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:34 AM   #2603
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Yah cuz he or any other leader is totally gonna answer that question honestly
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:52 AM   #2604
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 41 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Wish a reporter would ask JT, "If you get a slim minority like you had before or, if you lose the election, will you step down as party leader?'
If he loses the election, Liberal party will likely start the process of looking for a new leader. If he wins, why on earth would he step down? If anything, the lesson he has learned from this election will be to let his minority gov't run its course until he faces a no confidence vote instead of taking his chances with another unnecessary election.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #2605
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I am sorry you have given up but I and many others have not.
I'm glad that you are a true believer. Even when Libs fails to deliver over and over again and only go after whatever policy has the least resistance.

Let's hope one day either you or them will wake up and actually get something right done instead of the easiest.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #2606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I'm glad that you are a true believer. Even when Libs fails to deliver over and over again and only go after whatever policy has the least resistance.

Let's hope one day either you or them will wake up and actually get something right done instead of the easiest.
Who says i'm voting liberal?

ya but keep supporting a party full of anti vaxxers.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8190409/c...misinformation

CPC candidate.

Quote:
The newspaper quotes Falk as saying his own research revealed a study from Public Health England which showed double-vaccinated people are 13 times more likely to die from the Delta variant compared to those who are unvaccinated.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:51 PM   #2607
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,914 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Guy must think 1/13th is French for 13x
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:27 PM   #2608

Perfect timing !!! Great Job JWR!

Indian in the Cabinet

Old 09-14-2021, 06:51 PM   #2609

Local PPC acting like an idiot.

Quote:
Kate Poirier
t4onehoS ·
tldr: Stephen Welton (PPC) knew he could not setup at the farmers market, but chose to show up and setup anyway, bully the staff, and obnoxiously disrupt and interfere with our operations.
(Complaint to Elections Canada)
To whom it may concern,
I write in regards to an incident on September 12th, 2021 involving the People’s Party of Canada Nanaimo-Ladysmith candidate Stephen Welton and his staff.
The incident and behavior that I will outline can only be described as that of a bully, chaotic, and downright obnoxious.
To preface, the Canada Elections Act, Section 81.1 (1), Campaigning in public places, stipulates that:
‘No person who is in control of a building, land, street or any other place, any part of which is open without charge to members of the public, whether on a continuous, periodic or occasional basis — including any commercial, business, cultural, historical, educational, religious, governmental, entertainment or recreational place — may prevent a candidate or his or her representative from campaigning in or on that part when it is open without charge to members of the public.’
The Cedar Farmers Market Agricultural Society is a not-for-profit organization, which operates under its own rules, regulations, and bylaws. Additionally, we are a member in good standing of the British Columbia Association of Farmers Markets (BCAFM) and we operate within the rules and regulations of the BCAFM.
Though rules may vary from one Farmers Market to another, we do not rent vendor space to political parties. We do rent to small businesses from our community and only those products and services that are locally grown and made are eligible. All vendors undergo a strict application and adjudication process under the scrutiny of our elected Board of Directors.
Since moving to our present location at Woodbank School in Nanaimo (Cedar) in 2019 we have experienced two federal elections and one provincial election.
Candidates are welcome to visit the market and engage cordially with the public. They are not vendors and are not sold rental space or allowed to erect tents or tables. We do have many candidates who visit our market and have never (until now) had any negative outcomes.
Interactions with the Candidate and his Staff:
----------------------
September 3, 2021, 9:21 AM
Stephen Welton:
Hi, I'm the PPC Candidate for Nanaimo-Ladysmith in the coming federal election. We'd like to be able to come set up a small tent at the market and wonder about your policies/practices for political campaigning.
Kate Poirier:
Hi Stephen,
We don't allow political tables/tents/vendors. However, I am aware that the Canada Elections Act protects the right of federal candidates like yourself to campaign at our market.
I just ask that everyone behaves respectfully and to make sure the customers feel comfortable and not intimidated. Some people really don't like politics at the market, but honestly, I really haven't had any problems and I have been through numerous election cycles at the market.
Stephen Welton:
Thank you, Kate. We are quite insistent with our volunteers that they not be obtrusive, just providing an opportunity for people to meet me if they'd like.
I informed her that Stephen had already been in touch and reiterated that they cannot be vendors or set-up tables and tents, but that they are welcome to engage with the public and I asked them to be respectful in doing so.
On Sunday, September 12th Stephen Welton and his staff showed up at the market, while it was already underway no less, and proceeded onto the field and set up a tent. Staff told them they could not do this and an argument ensued.
Eventually, they stopped and packed up their tent.
They then marched their tent to our main entrance and proceeded to set up their tent in the middle of our active parking lot! They were told by the staff that they could not do that and they ignored the directives and continued. Arguing ensued and they refused to budge.
I was then called and put on speakerphone for an 18-minute long disagreement with the unrelenting Mr. Welton. (I was at home caring for a sick child.)
I informed Mr. Welton that it was private property, that he had no permission to set up, and that he was creating a safety violation by being set up in the middle of traffic.
Mr. Welton informed me, erroneously:
- That the burden of proof as to who can operate in that parking lot was on ME and that I should write down his email address and submit a lease agreement to him for him to review.
- That after considering my directives on September 3rd regarding not allowing his party (or any party) to set up tents in our vendor space, they had chosen to scheme and devise their own plans and set up in the parking lot.
Facts:
- My lease and operating agreements are my business. If you want to know who has an agreement in place for the school property it would not take more than a few good marbles to consider that you may want to contact the School District.
- I did tell Mr. Welton that we had an agreement with the Snuneymuxw First Nation for the entire outdoor school property and that he was welcome to call the SFN. (He decided to not 'believe' me. The audacity of this man was astounding!)
I am responsible for the entire school grounds. I liaise with the local fire department, the Regional District of Nanaimo, the RCMP, the Snuneymuxw First Nation, field engineers at School District 68, GFL disposal services, VIHA, groundskeeping services, and more.
At that point, the President of our Board of Directors was dispatched to the parking lot and made the ultimatum clear, pack up now or Kate is calling the police.
I then packed up my sick kid and drove down there to ensure my staff would not take any more bullying, condescension, aggression, or disrespect. The abusive and arrogant behavior shown by a man appealing to represent our area to parliament was obnoxious.
The PPC team managed to bully our staff and to interrupt and create undue hardship towards our entire business operations. The amount of planning and work that goes into executing this event is no small feat.
The entire incident was egregious. It was intentional without a whisper of innocent misunderstanding.
Stephen Welton and his PPC team were well aware of proper conduct and elected to bully their way through our operations. They have zero excuses for their misconduct.
Sincerely,
Kate Poirier
Market Manager
Old 09-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #2610
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^ I'm not reading that, Coles notes please lol

*edit: I should qualify that the text is way too small on a iPhone12 mini screen and I'm old lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #2611

- PPC member is arrogant idiot.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 10:53 PM   #2612
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Yah it ain’t the doctors or whatever making $400k everyone should be hating on, those guys probably pay way more than my salary just in taxes every year… it’s the guys who never work and never pay tax cuz they have a shit tonne of loopholes being a foreign resident or setting up shell companies and tax havens etc… big money makers do it all through latent income. Doctors and lawyers etc work their asses off grinding every day.
These professionals are the exact people the Liberals targeted as soon as JT became PM. Morneau’s sweeping tax changes in 2017 came at the expense of professionals and small business owners not the wealthy 1%. As much as I despise the NDP, Jagmeet is spot on for calling out JT on this issue.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:09 AM   #2613

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ I'm not reading that, Coles notes please lol

*edit: I should qualify that the text is way too small on a iPhone12 mini screen and I'm old lol
- There is a farmers market at a school, people who run the market have a lease agreement with the Snuneymuxw First Nation who I'm assuming own the land the school sits on.
- PPC Canidate calls person who runs market and asks to setup tent. They are informed they have every right to visit the market and campaign per provincial guidelines but no tents and please be respectful to people visiting market.
- PPC shows up day of market and sets up tent. When asked to take it down they move it to the middle of the parking lot and basically say this is school property suck a dick we're not moving.
- Hilarity ensues, the person who runs the market has to go down there and threaten to call the police for them to finally leave.
-As Westopher said PPC member is arrogant idiot.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #2614

What's the difference between the CPC and PPC, CPC candidate answers.

https://twitter.com/Happy_Belmore/st...811386882?s=20
Old 09-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #2615

Oh my ... Chretien stumping for Trudeau. Mulroney stumping for O'Toole. I don't recall the previous PM's coming out to do things like that in the past ... but maybe I have a short memory.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #2616

Anyone who messes with JT will now get the Shawinigan handshake.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:27 PM   #2617

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...d-19-1.6177210

Quote:
'I apologize,' Kenney says as Alberta declares state of public health emergency

Province introduces sweeping COVID-19 measures, including proof-of-vaccination program

erta Premier Jason Kenney on Wednesday introduced strict and sweeping new measures to combat the spread of COVID-19 as he apologized for his government's handling of the pandemic.

The measures include a new program that requires people to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test in order to gain entry to participating businesses and social events.

A decision this spring to move from a pandemic-to-endemic approach — or learning to live with the virus — seemed like the right thing to do based on data from other jurisdictions with similar vaccination rates, Kenney told a news conference.

"It is now clear that we were wrong, and for that I apologize," Kenney said.

Alberta has declared a state of public health emergency and is taking immediate action to stave off the ongoing crisis in the health-care system, the premier said.
Who thought he would make a great P.M.? This guy did everything to do something different than the federal government so he could brag about how good of a job we did. The guy is a failure.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:47 PM   #2618

^ welp, at least he has the ballz to apologize ... unlike our present Prime Minister for all of his personal ethical idiodic mistakes.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #2619
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ welp, at least he has the ballz to apologize ... unlike our present Prime Minister for all of his personal ethical idiodic mistakes.
Arguably the indirect killing of citizens is a tad worse than corruption. But yes, at he "has the ballz".
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2021, 08:26 PM   #2620
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Well you could argue the 4 months of botched China vaccine contracts cost a few more lives in the end.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #2621

Lol the things you choose to criticize our current government about are absurd. We have had one of the most successful vaccine programs in the entire world.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #2622

^ well, ... our vaccination program wasn't bad ... but the AZ vaccine was a bit of a "whoops, so sorry about that". They made decisions based on the info they knew at the time but I was one of those that thought they shouldn't have try to 'sell' AZ so hard to the younger crowd. "Sorry, but double AZ doesn't count as fully vaccinated."
Old 09-15-2021, 08:51 PM   #2623

Yeah thats fair, the logistics have had some shitty outcomes, but in terms of public safety, it's been extremely successful.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2021, 08:53 PM   #2624

Just came across this little PPC gem as well.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8194599/p...-school-flyer/

Quote:
Indigenous leaders are calling for the removal of a Vancouver People’s Party of Canada candidate, over a flyer equating vaccine mandates to residential schools.

The flyer, mailed out by Vancouver-Quadra PPC candidate Renate Siekmann, features a photo of Indigenous children at a Methodist residential school in 1880, with the text “Discrimination is wrong” and “No vaccine passport.”

READ MORE: Mapping the missing: Former residential school sites in Canada and the search for unmarked graves

The BC Assembly of First Nations responded Wednesday, calling the comparison “harmful and repugnant.”

“The analogy falls flat, trivializing the experience of Indigenous peoples within (the) residential school system to a public health measure doesn’t work,” BCAFN Regional Chief Terry Teegee told Global News

“(It) is in no way the same in the same ballpark, if you will, in terms of what are people experienced in terms of the genocidal policies that were imposed on our indigenous people, some of which never made it home, as we’ve seen in the mass graves that are in the camps and in residential schools.”

STORY CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT

Click to play video: 'Peterborough mayor tells ‘travelling clown convention’ of Bernier, Hillier to avoid anti-lockdown protest'
2:56
Peterborough mayor tells ‘travelling clown convention’ of Bernier, Hillier to avoid anti-lockdown protest
Peterborough mayor tells ‘travelling clown convention’ of Bernier, Hillier to avoid anti-lockdown protest – Apr 23, 2021
Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission estimated 38,000 of the more than 150,000 children who were forcibly removed from their families and sent to the institutions were subjected to sexual or physical abuse.

The TRC has identified at least 3,200 confirmed deaths associated with the facilities, and in the last four months, more than 1,300 suspected graves, many of them unmarked or undocumented, have been discovered at or near the sites of former institutions.

READ MORE: What can Canada do to prosecute residential school crimes? Here’s what we know

B.C.’s vaccine passport would restrict unvaccinated people from accessing certain non-essential services, such as restaurants, indoor sporting events and movie theatres.

Teegee said the BCAFN wants to see the candidate removed, and an apology from PPC leader Maxime Bernier.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2021, 08:58 PM   #2625
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Got this in the mail today