REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:01 PM   #3501
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
It’s quite literally a parade about sexual freedom. One dude waving his dick around is no doubt inappropriate, but I wouldn’t call that representative of pride.
That quote comparison of “don’t you dare honk your horn” is the dumbest fucking equivalency, like the whole freedom convoy was just some dude getting arrested for honking his horn downtown Ottawa, and not demands from the organizers to REPLACE OUR FUCKING GOVERNMENT with people they decided while drinking Alberta pure vodka in a trailer.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 06-28-2022 at 08:07 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2022, 08:15 PM   #3502
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Eby isn't winning himself any favours with certain municipalities as a result of his tough talk around taking away zoning authority (which is the core jurisdiction of municipalities). Municipalities like Port Moody are basically progressive NIMBY strongholds and the NDP still needs these constituencies. He seems to be a favourite among internet warriors for some reason, but his positioning has probably rubbed factions of the party the wrong way.

When I see the list of cabinet ministers as leadership material, I think Ravi Kahlon has a shot if he wants it. He checks the boxes - south of the Fraser, person of colour, pragmatic, and in the right demographic which would set himself apart (but not too far apart, like a female candidate) from Kevin Falcon.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2022, 10:40 PM   #3503
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It’s quite literally a parade about sexual freedom. One dude waving his dick around is no doubt inappropriate, but I wouldn’t call that representative of pride.
That quote comparison of “don’t you dare honk your horn” is the dumbest fucking equivalency, like the whole freedom convoy was just some dude getting arrested for honking his horn downtown Ottawa, and not demands from the organizers to REPLACE OUR FUCKING GOVERNMENT with people they decided while drinking Alberta pure vodka in a trailer.
Have you even get anywhere close to Freedom Convoy event or their related supported event locally?

I've been in Ottawa multiple times, and the time that convoy was still there is no different that the other times I was there. Yes, granted I spent a total of 1 hour in the area because it was fucking cold so I might not know shit, but what I saw with my own eyes and what I felt from the reactions of the people of business nearby is very different than what's on the news. The media wants to paint an image that the neighborhood hated their presence to guts and it was nothing but a huge nuisance to the public. The truth is, it was just a very crowded area with an event going on... not much different to downtown near BC Place when an event takes place other than lasting longer.

Last time I checked, the right to protest is in our Charters. And also last time I checked, showing off dicks in public is illegal.

But what happened? Our liberal gov't decided to take a blind eye on things that actually is illegal because their agenda doesn't let them say anything about it and decide to not enforce the law, and instead, making a huge fucking deal about how horrendous the convoy is.

I hope the lefties here see the horror in here. They are ok with someone breaking the law... something that our entire society should follow and respect, because it fits their agenda. But they are not ok with someone NOT breaking the law because it doesn't fit their agenda.

They associate breaking the law as the pursuit of freedom, and associate racism, terrorism, homophobia...etc with someone who wasn't breaking the law.

They want to control the narrative so that anything that don't fit their agenda is automatically associated with some of the worst stuff about humanity, and yet they want you to be ok with anything... even when breaking the fucking law... as long as it fits their agenda.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-29-2022, 06:13 AM   #3504

You were there for an hour over a several week span you must be an expert! It was all just a liberal news media conspiracy! It all makes sense now. I guess none of the businesses closed? I guess none of the people harassed by people in the convoy were telling the truth. I guess the organizers demands to replace government leaders that were democratically elected with people they had chosen was just our imaginations.
It’s all just one big liberal power grab hoax so Justin Trudeau could invoke the emergency act and literally do nothing with it but end the protest. Sounds like a power hungry dictator meanie for sure.
But it was just a protest that didn’t fit his agenda.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2022, 06:32 AM   #3505
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
id say even the most staunch liberal supporter has to at the very least admit, the dismantling and follow up, including freezing peoples private bank accounts, using the emergencies act (when no one was asking for it) etc. etc. was a huge overreach by the govt. Its hard to take it any other way.

If they can step on other peoples toes like that, its just a matter of time it will effect more "Regular" people, it already is with bill C-11 etc.

People are growing extremely tired of this game with the libs, and i think support is falling off... When you go so far in one direction and seemingly lose any semblance of reality all it does it make people vote anywhere but the ruling party. So this super left wing direction we are going into is just going to result in an eventual conservative majority and back to some other right wing shit show. At the very least maybe we will get some fiscal responsibility.

the liberals have turned the Canadian flag into this "dirty" thing imo

Last edited by Hondaracer; 06-29-2022 at 06:40 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:54 AM   #3506

Actually, the convoy turned the flag dirty.
Libs aren't doing a good job, but the reality has changed. Politics is more challenging now than it has been since war times. The public is delusional, politics are a game, and any given party is only concerned with winning so the will jump in front of the car thats driven by progress as long as it makes the current govt look bad.
Everybody always uses the slippery slope argument, but sometime it isn't. Sometimes, what happens, happens and that's it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2022, 07:23 AM   #3507
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Yah fuckin convoy assholes ruined the flag... I see anyone with a big Canada flag now and I absolutely cannot assume they're a proud Canadian with good intentions anymore... I have to heavily consider if they're just some conspiracy theory driven mouth breathing moron with too much time on their hands.

Have you ever seen someone driving a truck (or car! Jeep Patriot seems popular... also the world's shittiest small SUV lol) with a big Canada flag or a "FUCK TRUDEAU" sticker on it that you'd actually want to spend even 1 minute talking to about anything? I know every time I see someone with either of these they're a white sleazeball with a hat on backwards or some douchebag shirt on... the redneck version of a Chad... somehow even when they're relatively "clean cut" if you use that term extremely liberally (pun not intended), they're still greasy looking fucks who probably never once used the right version of your in a sentence.

These are the people you want to die on a hill with?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2022, 08:02 AM   #3508
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Yah fuckin convoy assholes ruined the flag... I see anyone with a big Canada flag now and I absolutely cannot assume they're a proud Canadian with good intentions anymore... I have to heavily consider if they're just some conspiracy theory driven mouth breathing moron with too much time on their hands.
There's a house nearby that has a huge flag up right now I assume for Canada Day, but I cannot help to have some negative connotations to it even though I think they are probably fine people. The convoy ruined the flag no doubt, using it as a rally point. This is going to take years to heal if it will at all.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:10 AM   #3509

The government had no part in any of that though
Old 06-29-2022, 08:26 AM   #3510
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
You were there for an hour over a several week span you must be an expert! It was all just a liberal news media conspiracy! It all makes sense now. I guess none of the businesses closed? I guess none of the people harassed by people in the convoy were telling the truth. I guess the organizers demands to replace government leaders that were democratically elected with people they had chosen was just our imaginations.
It’s all just one big liberal power grab hoax so Justin Trudeau could invoke the emergency act and literally do nothing with it but end the protest. Sounds like a power hungry dictator meanie for sure.
But it was just a protest that didn’t fit his agenda.
I'm not saying that it didn't cause disturbance to the locals. However, it's not the same the media was trying to make it to be.

And yet lefties take it in a way that the hell was breaking lose. JT went as far as invoking an emergency act that was established for war times and all for what? Not much than a fucking show to deepen the uninformed public... "oh hey, the PM had to invoke a super emergency act never ever invoked, shit must be serious".

When in fact... not much is going on. The problem was that the right to protest was protected by our Charters, and without invoking such an act that temporarily relieve the gov't for violating Charters rights, JT had no ground (not legally at least) to stop the protest.

And instead of sitting down and talk to the people whose ideas/opinions he disagrees with, like what we expect him to do as a leader of our country, he just invoked some extreme emergency law and granted him all powers to stop his own people.

You guys are saying that the convoy ruined the flag. Who really embedded that inception into your mind? Is it the convoy who were exercising their Charter's right and demanded a talk, or a gov't who refused to have a conversation and just vilify the crap out of the convoy, which happens to carry the Canadian flag with them?
Old 06-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #3511
Performance Moderator

Did you ever consider that it didn't get to the point of hell breaking lose because of the measures taken?

I can only imagine if they did nothing you'd be posting something more along the lines of "Typical Libs didn't take enough action and let stuff get out of hand blah blah blah always too soft blah blah blah I would have prevented this and prevented that and given the police more powers blah blah blah"

I am not Trudeau's biggest fan, but nobody in power should give those clowns the time of day. Did you even listen to them try to speak on any of their YouTube channels? They're dumber than shit. Who needs to give them an audience for their platform? Nobody, certainly not the PM of a G7 country.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2022, 08:41 AM   #3512

Hehe you still don’t seem to acknowledge or maybe understand that the people you wanted him to “sit down for a talk with” demanded he be removed from government and replaced with their choice. You think some good faith talks would have happened?
Guarenfuckinteed that if cons were in power and some “lefty” demanded a government overthrow you’d be calling for them to be shot.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-29-2022, 08:44 AM   #3513
Performance Moderator

"There's good people on both sides"

- Someone stupid
Old 06-29-2022, 09:02 AM   #3514

I’m not into conspiracy theories nor do I ever use the term “Main Stream media” but I do very much think the way the convoy was portrayed by the media did not accurately represent what was actually going on there.

How can anyone be convinced that any news outlet is accurately depicting the events when they are all funded by huge corporations with interests in the govt. and in the case of the CBC are having their cheques cut by Justin and co. You’re never going to bite the hand that feeds.

It’s much more divisive and entertaining for ratings to paint the entire convoy as imbeciles flying nazi flags than people who are [potentially] standing up for the freedoms this country is suppose to represent.

I think there is a huge portion of the population that feels similar to the convoy in regards to Justin’s leadership who don’t have a “fuck Trudeau” sign on their vehicle or fly (god forbid) a Canadian flag.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:17 AM   #3515
Performance Moderator

I was prepared to accept that too, so I looked up their own media channels... the ones the convoy was broadcasting themselves and in full control of.

It was even worse than anything that Global or CBC was showing.

Endless non-sensical rantings about government power and scamdemic and freedoms being taken away blah blah blah... awkward pauses trying to remember the numbers of obscure legislation... wanting to "go back to how things were" (code speak for replacement theorists). People that clearly didn't even pass high school saying they're the HEROES FIGHTING FOR CANADA.

Absolutely mind numbing. But yah, unfairly portrayed.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:27 AM   #3516
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
I looked at some of their stuff and came to the same conclusion. Their own stuff makes them look far more racist and stupid than what other people are portraying them with.

Quote:
Hehe you still don’t seem to acknowledge or maybe understand that the people you wanted him to “sit down for a talk with” demanded he be removed from government and replaced with their choice. You think some good faith talks would have happened?
iirc they specifically stated they didn't want to talk to him. Even if he felt like wasting his time, what's he supposed to do? Force them to come talk to him so hehe can complain about that instead?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2022, 02:42 PM   #3517
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
The freedom convoy folks and some of the comments here have a rather misinformed and rose-coloured view of what Canada is.

Canada was never a country founded on freedom and individual liberty, as was the case with the United States. One of the central principles in our constitution is "Peace, Order, and Good Government". It is not "freedom". This reflects a rather statist, conservative, and somewhat skeptical view of the world and what our country should be.

It was Trudeau Sr. that brought in a very American, pro-individual institution, in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, to Canada as part of our grand bargain to further sever our relationship with the United Kingdom. These freedom convoy folks and the people that are egging them on seem to completely ignore that fact.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:55 PM   #3518
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Jesus Hehe, you're pretty insufferable at times. You can't be that obtuse can you?

I don't understand what connection you're trying to make between a Pride parade (which lasts within a single day, and is sanctioned by the city on a designated route), to that of a blockade and camp out within the country's capital?

You think they're going to shutdown a Pride parade because a few dicks, titties and bare asses are flying about? That has nothing to do with some "lefty" ideology, it's simple common sense. Speaking to civil liberties, the convoy was allowed to remain unmolested for literal weeks before it was shutdown, they had plenty of time and freedom to conduct their little rally.

Total false equivalency.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:59 PM   #3519
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
There's only one explanation:

Spoiler!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #3520
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 41 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I've been in Ottawa multiple times, and the time that convoy was still there is no different that the other times I was there. Yes, granted I spent a total of 1 hour in the area because it was fucking cold so I might not know shit, but what I saw with my own eyes and what I felt from the reactions of the people of business nearby is very different than what's on the news. The media wants to paint an image that the neighborhood hated their presence to guts and it was nothing but a huge nuisance to the public. The truth is, it was just a very crowded area with an event going on... not much different to downtown near BC Place when an event takes place other than lasting longer.
Quit talking out of your ass.

I live in Ottawa (10 min drive from downtown) and work downtown and had been going into the office during the whole debacle. Colleagues of mine who live downtown were terrorized by those uneducated/uninformed pieces of trash who passed themselves off as sorry excuses for protesters. Whether it was incessant horns and/or loud music blaring throughout the night or them getting harassed as they tried going about their business, I can assure you the overwhelming majority of residents felt under siege. And, yes! We did hate their guts for what they did to our city during those weeks. There are many businesses that had to close down out of safety and simply never opened again because regulars stopped coming (i.e. the convoy put them out of business).
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:24 PM   #3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
id say even the most staunch liberal supporter has to at the very least admit, the dismantling and follow up, including freezing peoples private bank accounts, using the emergencies act (when no one was asking for it) etc. etc. was a huge overreach by the govt. Its hard to take it any other way.
Most Ottawa residents were all for it just so we could get our city back. You and HeHe literally have no idea what it was like during those weeks. Imagine Vancouver's downtown core clogged up with Semi trucks parked everywhere blasting their horns and music all throughout the day and night, shops all closed, skytrain not going all the way into downtown. If you're lucky, you live outside of downtown so you have some sense of normalcy, but god forbid you are one of those people who live downtown and you can't escape it.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2022, 05:27 PM   #3522

Yea because that’s how the emergencies act should work..private citizens inconvenienced so you enact a policy that is essentially for wars and disasters.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:29 PM   #3523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea because that’s how the emergencies act should work..private citizens inconvenienced so you enact a policy that is essentially for wars and disasters.
What I am willing to concede is that OPS (Ottawa Police Services) dropped the ball big time in there handling of the situation (hence why the Chief had to resign). Oh btw, Freedumb convoy supposedly planning another "get together" this weekend in town. Although, this time RCMP and OPS seem to be a little better prepared this time.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:36 PM   #3524

“Inconvenienced”
Ahhhhh the minor inconvenience of threats of violence against people wearing masks going to work. The harassment, etc.
For some self proclaimed law and order guy like yourself you sure hate law and order when it protects groups you aren’t a part of, or punishes groups you identify with.
You argue about unfair portrayal of them by the media then when someone chimes in that was there paints it in the same light, then even if it was that bad it shouldn’t have been prevented? Problem solved, but I don’t like how it was solved and I have no idea of a better way to solve it but the solution was wrong anyways.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2022, 10:16 AM   #3525
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Am I losing my mind here? Back in February it was pretty much unanimous (save for some crazies like CiC) that these convoy folks were grade-A assholes that needed to get shut down ASAP.

Now we have people 6 months later rehabilitating their image and defending them ? What is going on here?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: