REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-12-2022, 12:42 PM   #3701
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Not sure if I should be surprised or not to see CUPE not pulling any punches on PeePee lol~

Between Turdeau, Freeland, and PeePee, I think the preferred option among most Canadians would be pretty easy. But AFAIK, Freeland doesn't seem too interested in stepping up to take on the top leadership role. And it would seem very odd to me that Turdeau would willingly relinquish the party leadership role on his own, even if it would mean the greater good for the Liberals Party (and of course for Canada as well).
Advertisement
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:44 PM   #3702
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
He’ll hold on grasping at the last bit of power instead of relinquishing leadership even if it means the party loses.

The CUPE thing is hilarious. As a union member myself how could any union say the current govt. has done -anything- for unions lol.. jagmeets broken promises that will never come to fruition?

It’s really just gotten to such a low point here that the unknown is better than the status quo.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:45 PM   #3703
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Right here!!

In my eyes he's the lessor of three evils, I think he could do some great things if given the chance. He will put Canada first and not by sending our money across the world like JT has been doing for the last 7 year. As well Hondaracer isn't wrong about Canada being in a Liberal dictatorship now..
Do dictatorships let you buy whatever 5.0 Mustang or truck you want? Or race around on UTV's in the snow? Tell me how your life is so tough these days.

Are you being given a portioned amount of potatoes every month to boil? The odd beet for colour? LOL

You guys are ridiculous with your exaggeration of lifestyle impediments.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 12:50 PM   #3704
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
He’ll hold on grasping at the last bit of power instead of relinquishing leadership even if it means the party loses.

The CUPE thing is hilarious. As a union member myself how could any union say the current govt. has done -anything- for unions lol..

It’s really just gotten to such a low point here that the unknown is better than the status quo.
The Conservatives did everything possible under Harper to fuck up PSEC and PIPS. I should know, I was in both. I lost so many good honest hard working co-workers to layoffs and DRAP (deficit reduction action plan) position eliminations. Harper's government also allowed the fed system to keep running on like a 5 year lapsed contract. Don't even get me started on fucking Phoenix, another Conservative government disaster... does your company ever not pay you for 3 months straight randomly and then balk at issuing you emergency payments or double your pay and then threaten you to give the money back as fast as possible? I know of at least 1 person locally who committed suicide as a result of Phoenix issues.

Were the Conservatives fiscally responsible spending billions on a broken pay system? How about when Harper's government decided to eliminate local HR/Payroll positions at every government so we can't talk to anyone about our pay or employment issues because some minister in New Brunswick wanted to employ everyone there in a big expensive (failure) of a central location for all that stuff which is constantly understaffed and won't answer your requests for months on end. Guess what now? Liberal government is having to keep that centre open and re-open positions in local areas in all departments to restore service to acceptable levels again.

I was so thankful when the Liberal government came back in and re-negotiated new contracts and has done so in a timely fashion since then... they've gone out of their way to grow the sector and pour money into Phoenix to fix it's stupid broken ass as well as commit to a replacement.

So yah, one of the biggest unions in Canada says FUCK YOU to the Conservative government and THANK YOU to the Liberal one.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 01:02 PM   #3705

You sound like a typical govt. worker lol

I’ve never been a union person, and my experience being in a union for the last 6 years has solidified my opinion on them. People in unions would rather be miserable and literally drag themselves to work over actually considering going somewhere else and actually being happy in their lives. This is magnified in govt. jobs in my experience.

I have a former colleague who left to work for the govt. and even his little insignificant role the amount of bloat and waste is astounding. Again, don’t really see a working system as it is, so what’s the worse that could happen
Old 09-12-2022, 01:26 PM   #3706
Performance Moderator

I'm not a union person myself either tbh

I've also seen the ugly side of it, I've seen guys/girls who don't deserve to clean bathrooms at Walmart be protected to the maximum of protections. The old "squeaky wheel always gets the grease" addage.

I hate people who say things like "another pensionable day"

Thankfully, you see the world in the color of glasses you put on in a given day. If you're looking for bloat? You'll see it. If you're looking for bad workers? You'll see them. If you are looking for amazing people... you'll see those too. I see lots of hard workers around me and motivated professional people too.

It's the same even in a private company. Just that when things do go to shit with an individual you can relatively quickly fire someone's ass whereas it's quite difficult in the fed system.

That said, I fail to see where I'm a "typical govt worker" just because I can see the Cons fucked with the public service non-stop and made horrible decisions. You said you wanted to know why a union would support the Liberal government and what the Lib government ever did for any union? Well...... I answered your question. You're welcome.

You want to write off an entire nationwide group of employees because a former co-worker said he saw some bad things lol... well I saw some pretty shitty Telus installers in my life, but I think it's the individual not the company/system.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 01:32 PM   #3707
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Are you being given a portioned amount of potatoes every month to boil? The odd beet for colour?
Wait, you guys are getting beets?

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 06:14 PM   #3708
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,913 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Did anybody who thinks he's a good candidate listen to his speech?

That nonsense about people being able to buy homes and cars again?

Come on, regardless of your leanings, what person with any level of sanity believes a politician who says that? How? He owns what is likely a very, very nice house... in fact he probably owns several houses... he's going to give up 80% (or whatever) of the value of his home(s) blowing up real estate prices so that all the schmucks out there can also buy a home?

Seriously? LIES for the STUPIDEST low income loudmouth people to eat up. Nevermind the fact he's a candidate for the Conservative Party, who, amongst other obvious leanings, at least says it's a fiscally conscious party and purports to be interested in individuals having better ways to retain their personal and accumulated wealth. Yet there he is calling out to mouth breathers all over the country saying he will make sure they can afford more shit even though it would require people like himself to lose some of their shit in order for that to happen. It's downright laughable that anyone would believe one single solitary word coming out of the man's mouth.
peepee fans are an absolute clown show. He's a diet trump that will just lie and talk shit and every person that hates what he insults will just say "MAN HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS"
I was looking forward to not having to bother going to vote in the next election, but unfortunately, looks like I'm stuck voting for someone I don't want, again.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 06:21 PM   #3709

We’re doing so amazing! Let’s vote for more of the same!

I’m sure Justin has an extensive plan to put more money into your pockets, his self-balanced budget has certainly worked out for me.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:40 PM   #3710

LETS VOTE FOR WORSE BECAUSE ME ANGY. Very sensible.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 06:53 PM   #3711
Performance Moderator

Quote:

I’m sure Justin has an extensive plan to put more money into your pockets, his self-balanced budget has certainly worked out for me.
Don’t you have more money now than you did before the pandemic? I think you probably do.

I am positive that I do and very thankful for it.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:58 PM   #3712

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:

Thank you for voting for someone that will give my family a tax break. That new luxury tax is going to put my dads new Model X over 200K. Good thing the gains he has made on his suncor stock will cover it. Now to figure out what to do with the second one he accidentally ordered.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:05 PM   #3713
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
but unfortunately, looks like I'm stuck voting for someone I don't want, again.
This ^^ and I absolutely hate Turdeau.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:28 PM   #3714
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
LETS VOTE FOR WORSE BECAUSE ME ANGY. Very sensible.
Hahaha, I'll buy you a beer for this comment.

...although it is literally what happened in the US in 2016...
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 11:13 PM   #3715

Old 09-13-2022, 05:44 AM   #3716
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
I nominate 68style for Liberal party leader.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:25 AM   #3717
Performance Moderator

^ that might be the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2022, 08:27 AM   #3718

So until PP got elected the current liberal govt. had basically thrown up their hands saying inflation is a global phenomenon. Now the cons have a leader and all of a sudden they say they now are forming a plan to fight inflation

All the while they are at a caucus retreat here on the west coast, paying for all their members to fly across the country to a resort to brainstorm how to put money in peoples pockets. After this meeting they are then flying all the way back across the country for yet another discussion at another resort

Lol.. they are certainly in touch with the average Canadian.

Btw, today the people in a discussion on the radio came out saying Justin is spending 12k a month on groceries. Again, very normal, very relatable
Old 09-13-2022, 09:48 AM   #3719

Quote:
So until PP got elected the current liberal govt. had basically thrown up their hands saying inflation is a global phenomenon. Now the cons have a leader and all of a sudden they say they now are forming a plan to fight inflation

All the while they are at a caucus retreat here on the west coast, paying for all their members to fly across the country to a resort to brainstorm how to put money in peoples pockets. After this meeting they are then flying all the way back across the country for yet another discussion at another resort

Lol.. they are certainly in touch with the average Canadian.

Btw, today the people in a discussion on the radio came out saying Justin is spending 12k a month on groceries. Again, very normal, very relatable

Here is some of JT's bill.

https://www.westernstandard.news/new...c9b0b75c8.html

Quote:
Records show Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s official residence spent more than $22,000 on groceries, dining, a chef, and boutique goods over two months in 2021, according to an exclusive report from True North.

According to True North, on May 28, 2021, the household posted a $324.22 expense at Loblaws followed by two visits to Metro totalling $163.65, then another $86.95 spent at Arti-Is-In Bakery and two purchases under $10 at Herbs & Spice and Il Negozio Nicastro Glebe.

The most costly invoices posted by the PCO were for Trudeau’s personal family chef spending $1,200 for a "chef at PM residence" on July 16, 2021. Another two invoices from September 2021 were for $600 and cited “COVID test coverage.”

Another invoice in March 2021 marked "certified organic" totalled $591.20, and another one totalling $341.80 was for 20 cases of bottled 'regular water.'
Why would anyone think covid tests, a private chef and going to a restaurant, would fall under the category of groceries.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:53 AM   #3720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Here is some of JT's bill.

https://www.westernstandard.news/new...c9b0b75c8.html

Why would anyone think covid tests, a private chef and going to a restaurant, would fall under the category of groceries.
b-cuz libural eleets spending r money.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2022, 10:41 AM   #3721
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
jagmeets broken promises that will never come to fruition?

Precisely why Jagmeet needs to be replaced. Nobody has ever taken the Greens seriously enough to be a threat, and the BQ are a single-province party. The NDP has gone from being akin to Canada's version of a true Labour Party to being the La Croix version of the Liberal Party.

Every once in a while Jagmeet Singh will look down at his expensive watch, realize its time to get in front of the cameras, and talk about how the working people of Canada need a fair shake before fading back into the shadows while he waits for Justin Trudeau to tell him what happens next.

The NDP replaced the out-of-touch Mulclair with the out-of-touch Singh. Its a sad state of affairs for the party of Tommy fucking Douglas.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2022, 10:55 AM   #3722
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,122 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
At the end of the day. No matter who we vote it. It's going to be the same shit. It's gotten to a point where it's nobody but career politicians where their role is to distract the public basically pointing at the all the faults of each other without bringing any solid solution to the country. They're there for the pension and their supporting casts. It's going to be business as usual and the average taxpayers will be paying for their shitty and stupid mistakes down the road.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2022, 11:35 AM   #3723

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Lol $324 at loblaws... I've spent more than that at superstore myself.

As for the personal chef, as a G8 nation I fucking well hope Canada can afford a personal chef for the person in charge of our country.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM   #3724

For people complaining about the NDP.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/libe...kage-1.6066124

Liberals unveil dental care details, boosts to rent benefit and GST rebate in NDP-backed affordability package.

Quote:
Unveiling how the Liberals plan to act on affordability issues, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is promising to table legislation to implement the first phase of a national dental care plan, a top up to a housing benefit for renters, and a doubling of the federal GST rebate, at the start of the fall sitting of Parliament.

On Tuesday in New Brunswick amid a Liberal caucus retreat, the prime minister released the details of a three-pronged plan aimed at low-to-modest income families, after the announcement was postponed last week due to the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

Following through on these commitments satisfy planks of the government's confidence-and-supply agreement with the New Democrats that were due by the end of the year, and provides the government -- under pressure to respond to Canadians' affordability concerns -- something to point to heading into the fall political season.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:44 PM   #3725

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Precisely why Jagmeet needs to be replaced. Nobody has ever taken the Greens seriously enough to be a threat, and the BQ are a single-province party. The NDP has gone from being akin to Canada's version of a true Labour Party to being the La Croix version of the Liberal Party.

Every once in a while Jagmeet Singh will look down at his expensive watch, realize its time to get in front of the cameras, and talk about how the working people of Canada need a fair shake before fading back into the shadows while he waits for Justin Trudeau to tell him what happens next.

The NDP replaced the out-of-touch Mulclair with the out-of-touch Singh. Its a sad state of affairs for the party of Tommy fucking Douglas.
Why should someone who worked there ass off to become a lawyer have to dress down to speak to the public? How much did scheer spend on an image consultant to dress like a guy who robbed a value village in the 80's?

I'm not planning to run for a seat but if I did would you want me to sell my R8 and buy a overpriced beat up old pick up truck and brag about going to apple bee's when I feel fancy. I hate it when politicians larp for votes.

Looks like Jagmeet is not the only one who likes Rolex watches. Your buddy does also.