REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-19-2023, 06:32 PM   #4526
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
CBC reporting the word “freedom” is a rallying cry for the far right

Lol Jesus Christ

Advertisement
Old 02-19-2023, 06:38 PM   #4527
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,894 Times in 7,389 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
It's pretty clear that the right has highjacked the term "freedom" to actually fight against freedom in other parts of the world. You literally have people in the US using "my body my choice" as an argument against vaccination (which was never forced) and those same people doing everything they can to strip freedom of sexuality, women's body autonomy, pushing religion in schools, etc.
So yeah, it's happening and you are probably just purposely being obtuse.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2023, 08:23 PM   #4528
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,572 Times in 2,534 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It's pretty clear that the right has highjacked the term "freedom" to actually fight against freedom in other parts of the world. You literally have people in the US using "my body my choice" as an argument against vaccination (which was never forced) and those same people doing everything they can to strip freedom of sexuality, women's body autonomy, pushing religion in schools, etc.
So yeah, it's happening and you are probably just purposely being obtuse.
I also hate and am saddened how they've hijacked the Canadian flag for their cause as well.

I remember I used to tie a Canada flag to the trunk of my Miata and drive around for Canada Day every year. Now when I see a flag waving it's tarnished by not knowing whether it's truly patriotic or some right wing nut job.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2023, 08:44 PM   #4529
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Nevermind all the people who yell “FREE” nowadays during Oh Canada… that never happened prior to the convoy BS
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 08:46 PM   #4530
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,270 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I also hate and am saddened how they've hijacked the Canadian flag for their cause as well.

I remember I used to tie a Canada flag to the trunk of my Miata and drive around for Canada Day every year. Now when I see a flag waving it's tarnished by not knowing whether it's truly patriotic or some right wing nut job.
I think it's pretty obvious who the nut jobs are though. On Canada Day you're good. If you drive around with a big Canada flag year round with 'Freedom' on the side of your vehicle written in duct tape then you're probably a little nut nut.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 01:08 AM   #4531
in the butt

Thanked 3,524 Times in 1,284 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Or your just American on the inside.....

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:06 AM   #4532
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,190 Times in 8,386 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Nevermind all the people who yell “FREE” nowadays during Oh Canada… that never happened prior to the convoy BS
And all this shit was started by Russia. These dummies don't even realize they are being completely manipulated by fucking Russia.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2023, 06:11 AM   #4533
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ not China?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:08 AM   #4534
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,190 Times in 8,386 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
It was Russia 100%. I read a report a few days ago, but I'd have to look it up again.

I'm sure other countries were flinging their own shit as well though
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2023, 08:02 AM   #4535
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,822 Times in 5,893 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
And all this shit was started by Russia. These dummies don't even realize they are being completely manipulated by fucking Russia.
lol you’re just as bad as the freedom warriors but you’re just on the opposite side.

People like them and you, nothing can just ever be what it is. It couldn’t possibly just be people worried about govt overreach or questionable decisions on peoples rights. It always has to be some sort of weird fucking back story manipulation bla bla bla

It’s no different than anyone going on about the vaccine having ulterior motives etc. nothing can ever just be what it is. It’s gotta have some crazy other reason for it being.
Old 02-20-2023, 11:15 AM   #4536
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It was Russia 100%. I read a report a few days ago, but I'd have to look it up again.

I'm sure other countries were flinging their own shit as well though
I said that cuz reports just came out that China tried to influence Canadian elections to a Liberal minority. And lo and behold, we have a Liberal minority!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...sis-documents/

I think it's both ... Russia and China. But don't tell me US doesn't try to influence outcome of other countries toward democracy.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:32 AM   #4537
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:

No one can usurp the national flag and what it represents. It stands for the nation of Canada and nothing else. If they're flying it upside down that's symbolism for something else but the flag will never be tarnished. If you think anyone hanging a Canadian flag off their deck or rolling with a sticker on their car is now a "right wing nutjob" the only person who's been hijacked is yourself.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2023, 11:51 AM   #4538

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
No one can usurp the national flag and what it represents. It stands for the nation of Canada and nothing else. If they're flying it upside down that's symbolism for something else but the flag will never be tarnished. If you think anyone hanging a Canadian flag off their deck or rolling with a sticker on their car is now a "right wing nutjob" the only person who's been hijacked is yourself.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 02-20-2023, 12:26 PM   #4539
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Then what the fuck is this:

https://www.amazon.ca/Freedom-Mandat.../dp/B09RQWLL23
Old 02-20-2023, 07:09 PM   #4540

Welcome to Canada:

Aug 17th 2022:

Quote:
On August 17, 2022, investigators charged 32-year-old Jamie George Guimond for his alleged involvement with Warrant: Aggravated Assault, Pointing a Firearm, Carrying Concealed Weapon, Discharge a Firearm. Guimond was already in custody at Stony Mountain Institution when the charges were laid on an unrelated matter. He remains in custody.
https://news4winnipeg.com/suspect-ch...enue-shooting/

Fast forward SEVEN MONTHS.. this past weekend on the DTES and the same guy is just firing bullets off like nothing..

Quote:
In a VPD release Monday, police say 32-year-old Jamie George Guimond has been charged with attempted murder and discharging a firearm in connection with the incident.
https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/0...rges-eastside/

This country is a fucking joke!! Lol this is fucking insane
Old 02-20-2023, 07:18 PM   #4541
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
you gotta be delusional to actually believe that in todays political landscape.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2023, 07:50 PM   #4542
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
you gotta be delusional to actually believe that in todays political landscape.
No, you don't; in fact it's the inverse when it comes to those who see it your way. It's the national flag of Canada, period. Are you now going to see any Canadian flag flying ANYWHERE, a sticker on a car, a patch on a backpack overseas, on a souvenir tshirt anywhere in Canada or the rest of the world and now associate them with the Truck Convoy of 2022? Is every member of the military, police, fire, and emergency services community your political enemy? If your answer is yes then you've allowed a Prime Minister, his political party, and media to make you judge and hate your neighbour and that's truly sad.

Time to take a step back from the tribal politics and look at the big picture.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2023, 09:12 PM   #4543
Performance Moderator

Uh... no... a bunch of redneck clowns acted like idiots using a symbol of my country and tarnished it.

Let's keep the blame where it belongs.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2023, 10:29 PM   #4544
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,198 Times in 1,248 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
I think you're putting words in his mouth. Sonick said he's left wondering whether it's truly patriotic or some right wing nut job. He didn't say he automatically assumes the person is a nutjob.

Quote:
No, you don't; in fact it's the inverse when it comes to those who see it your way. It's the national flag of Canada, period. Are you now going to see any Canadian flag flying ANYWHERE, a sticker on a car, a patch on a backpack overseas, on a souvenir tshirt anywhere in Canada or the rest of the world and now associate them with the Truck Convoy of 2022? Is every member of the military, police, fire, and emergency services community your political enemy? If your answer is yes then you've allowed a Prime Minister, his political party, and media to make you judge and hate your neighbour and that's truly sad.

Time to take a step back from the tribal politics and look at the big picture.
Why do you have to take it to an extreme? It's all about context. If you come across someone with a flag on their backpack while hiking on a trail, it's probably no big deal. If you encounter someone with a flag with a group protesting about rights & freedoms, then yes, maybe you can associate them with the truck convoy.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2023, 06:37 AM   #4545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I think you're putting words in his mouth. Sonick said he's left wondering whether it's truly patriotic or some right wing nut job. He didn't say he automatically assumes the person is a nutjob.

Why do you have to take it to an extreme? It's all about context. If you come across someone with a flag on their backpack while hiking on a trail, it's probably no big deal. If you encounter someone with a flag with a group protesting about rights & freedoms, then yes, maybe you can associate them with the truck convoy.
Typical use of logical fallacies that conservatives have done so well at training their followers to parrot. I expected nothing more in a coherent response.

https://www.salon.com/2021/07/18/why...ith-the-right/
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 02-21-2023, 06:45 AM   #4546
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,638 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
https://twitter.com/lukaszukab/statu...bG82s0EfFdTRNg

Canadian Olympic gold medalist Jamie Sale chiming in on which public executions she'd watch on PPV (the list includes Biden, Trudeau, Gates, Soros, Fauci etc).

Sad to see.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:56 AM   #4547
Performance Moderator

Pretty ironic, she only got to do what she got to do because of government funding.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2023, 07:29 AM   #4548

Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the Toronto news but their transit system is basically overrun with violent crime these days, a nice trend sweeping Canada. Crazy what happens when there’s no accountability for your actions.

My friends who live in TO wives won’t even go on the TTC alone anymore due to fear of assault etc. it’s pretty sweet.

I’m sure the legalization of hard drugs will surely improve our current situation!
Old 02-21-2023, 07:38 AM   #4549
Performance Moderator

You and my 80 year old mom should talk Honda
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #4550
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,533 Times in 2,636 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Based on my understanding on the issue, the violent crime thing in the TO transit system is more like a manifestation of their homelessness / mental health / drug addiction issue. In that sense, it isn't too different than what we are seeing in Vancouver, except that because of the difference in weather, the people in Vancouver do it on the streets / DTES / camp out in parks, whereas in TO, they have to seek actual shelter away from the elements.

For the most part, I think it is an over-reaction at this point to entirely avoid going on the TTC. Literally hundreds of thousands of trips are still being taken everyday on the TTC. Case counts of incidents have steadily been going up from 600-ish cases a year to I think around 900 cases per year now. When you factor that over the millions and trillions of trips in a year, does that make TTC / public transit dangerous in Toronto? You'd want to be aware of your surroundings instead of mindlessly burying your head into your podcast or your phone, and the problem needs to be addressed. But there is no need to make it into a bigger hyperbole than it already is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the Toronto news but their transit system is basically overrun with violent crime these days, a nice trend sweeping Canada. Crazy what happens when there’s no accountability for your actions.

My friends who live in TO wives won’t even go on the TTC alone anymore due to fear of assault etc. it’s pretty sweet.

I’m sure the legalization of hard drugs will surely improve our current situation!

Last edited by Traum; 02-21-2023 at 09:29 AM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote