REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-13-2024, 04:13 PM   #5976
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Love the safe injection site being protested by people who clearly have no idea what’s going on.

Not only that, but it’s very clearly people who A) do not pull their weight in society B) are not part of community but simply have the NIMBYism told to them by other dumb friends/aquaintances, and C) are likely a bigger drain on society as a whole than the drug uses.

After seeing all the pictures I really hope it goes through

Advertisement
Old 02-13-2024, 05:07 PM   #5977
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
What the hell you talking about Willis ?!?!

First of all they are old Asian ladies. They only need to hear the word “drugs” and they are instantly opposed to it. Secondly Property values !!! Man they are super pissed about this shit otherwise they wouldn’t even bother coming out.

And of course they pull their weight. You know how much shit they buy at t&t and Costco ?!? They have money and support the Canadian economy. Way more than these fucking fent heads.

They all shat out children who are all materialistic entitled whores. Aka more tax revenues!!!
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2024, 05:33 PM   #5978
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Anybody following this whole safe injection site debate in Richmond?

Apparently bring pushed by a city councillor who has some sort of agenda or personal benefit from having this setup, meanwhile the BC premier doesn't even know what the justification is for proposing a SIS in Richmond
I have been loosely following this, and it is a giant for the anti-injection site crowd.

Mind you, I tend to lean towards not having the safe injection site setup in Richmond next to the hospital, but that is only because I don't think the drug addiction problem is that serious in Richmond. If anything, I'd say the money can be better spent on other municipal issues such as road & traffic improvement, illegal ride shares (ie. DiDi ride share), massage parlours / brothels, or even just traffic and parking enforcement.

A lot of these idiot protesters don't even know what the safe injection site's purpose is. They don't have a rudimentary idea of how it operates. They combine a lot of hearsay -- bits and pieces of actual news, and a whole lot of half truths and outright misinformation -- and they are really just opposed to their own projected idea of what they think the safe injection site does (based on all that mixture of misinformation. I couldn't even tell you how many of these idiots think the site will hand out free drugs (this is entirely untrue), and allow drug addicts to shoot up in there.

I believe the Richmond city councilor you speak of is Kash Heed, former VPD superintendent and WVPD chief, as well as Former Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2024, 05:36 PM   #5979
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Yah, been hearing snippets on the radio about the Richmond Safe Injection Site thing. I expected it in HK Richmond. Lots of Karens in Richmond.

Interesting, what is the story about the councillor who is in the dirty with trying to get this through? ^ Oh, it's Kash Heed, what is the connection and the money trail? How will he gain from this?

I heard Malcolm Brodie on the radio today, he said there were 6 people who died by drug OD in Richmond. Not to be crass but yah, is it really needed in Richmond?

We need to hear from Old Asian Richmondite for opinion ... Badhobz? What is your take on this?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:50 PM   #5980

Edit - I found the trail. He is dirty!

Kash Heed is a special advisor to Lucy Scientific Discovery, a pharmaceutical company. This company aims to provide “safe supply” drugs and has even filed an amendment with Health Canada to expand its list of controlled substances to include cocaine and heroin, ostensibly to support harm reduction programs.

https://financialpost.com/globe-news...pecial-advisor

https://ir.lucyscientific.com/news-r...ific-discovery
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2024, 06:28 PM   #5981

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Some actual data, it just doesn't make logical sense why Richmond.

Do they expect druggies to take the Canada line from DTES to inject safely?

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:38 PM   #5982

Obviously deaths don’t tell the full story.

Also most people have the image of a strung out street person when it comes to this when in reality a huge portion of “hard” drug uses are normal people living seemingly normal lives.

I’m all for saving lives but with everything surrounding it, hard to tell if it’s a legitimate concern or just someone trying to make money off it..

I also think the flip side is, if you don’t have this or somthing similar and the drug problem continues to get worse and worse, now you’re just going to have dirty needles and crack pipes everywhere and no other option.

also Richmond center, has been historically conservative, have voted in a federal liberal since 2015 so ya reap what ya sow hehe
Old 02-13-2024, 06:54 PM   #5983
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I live in north van where there has also been "only" 21 deaths. I can tell you that the graph isn't telling you a story of how much drug use is happening.
But as I've said before, these safe injection sites, and their ability to educate people how to get clean, are useless unless there is a spot for them in the program to get clean NOW. Not 3-6 months from now. Every penny being spent on harm reduction needs to be to allow instant access to treatment or we aren't going to see any positive effects. It's just a bandaid on a severed leg at this point.
These people protesting don't give a fuck about any of whether it helps anyone or not though. They just don't want to be inconvenienced or have their property values affected.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2024, 07:32 PM   #5984

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=qnBLr...ature=youtu.be

How tf do you embed YouTube..

Last edited by Hondaracer; 02-13-2024 at 07:54 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 07:39 PM   #5985

^ wow ... it's sad.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:02 PM   #5986
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
I have said it long time ago.

Any of these "feel that we are doing something" plans that don't have a clean-up requirement attached to it is deemed to fail.

The idea for these injection sites are meant to be a starting point for change. If an addict who's afraid enough to OD and goes to an injection site, then he/she might be psychologically ready for a long term intervention to finally clean up.

Without those plans that force these users to accept, these injection sites are nothing but eyesores.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:14 PM   #5987

Interesting theatre:

Old 02-13-2024, 09:25 PM   #5988

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ wow ... it's sad.
Hey those RVs look pretty expensive. How are these hobos able to afford one ?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 06:18 AM   #5989

Motion passes to look into the safe injection site hehe

Also, remember when I said we aren’t long to turning into Portland, well the federal housing minister now saying it’s a human right to live in the encampments

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/video/...sing-advocate/

So your piss poor govt. drove hundreds of thousands of people into homelessness and instead of dealing with it now you’re just forcing communities to deal with tent cities.

Fucking clown world
Old 02-14-2024, 06:34 AM   #5990

^ gawd ... I hope the 7 councillors (originally it was 8-1. After the parade of people voicing their opinion, 2 voted no, 1 additional one changed her mind, Alexa Loo) including the mayor gets turfed in the next election, especially that dirty corrupt Heed. it's not whether the safe injection site is right or not, it's about an elected council who doesn't consult the constituents, does things quickly under the table. It may be the right tool DT as part of the spectrum of care but might not be in Richmond.

Next headline ... thousands of Richmond residents put up for sale sign and move to Burnaby .. beginning with old chinaman Badhobz

Last edited by whitev70r; 02-14-2024 at 08:16 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 06:55 AM   #5991
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
there are so many angles i can't even summarize all.

1) there was a lady who was yelling in youtube... being racist and all.. saying drugs all come from "where you're from". Social media quickly googled her and identified where she worked. That's gotta suck.

2) As Hondaracer said.. NIMBY is key. Richmond are all conservative Asians so unless it's going ot be a chinese shelter... nothing will ever get passed ahhahaha
BTW, is it still true. Richmond still doesn't have any cannabis shops ?

3) Richmond out of all places... really? Sonick's chart was spot on.. if Richmond was top 5 sure... but we are bottom two LOL.
As someone said. .. corrupted money for sure to say the least.

i rather junkies shoot up at safe injection sites than 9 PM at a playground and leaving their needles / pipes at an elementary school.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 07:10 AM   #5992

Another point kind of against the deaths figure is that Richmond is right behind New West in terms of OD deaths

New west is pretty fucking bad for homeless/drug addicts around. So if you’re right behind new west, the problem is probably just below the surface, not non-existent
Old 02-14-2024, 07:45 AM   #5993

I watched a bit of the council meeting for kicks. Saw the part where Kash Heed quoted a piece of paper of his termination in Nov 2023 ... yah, so what? How much did you get paid for your contract as special advsior, can you disclose that for the record?

And yah, wonder if the senile mayor is in the hoots too ... he said that the policy is that, 'It is up to the councillor to declare his conflict of interest and recuse himself/herself.' WTF?

Yes, some of the yelling Asians were annoying and all. It appears anyone can quote some research stat to prove their point. What is also annoying are the ones who are for this imply those who are against it should get 'educated'.

Serious question about these sites - supporters say that they don't hand out drugs, it's a place to test the drugs that someone bought and see if there are any toxins in it. And of course, a safe place to inject. Q: what if a person comes and the test results are that there are toxins in it and he/she seriously needs a hit?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 08:03 AM   #5994

They better give me some coke and then I’ll be all supportive of this place.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 08:23 AM   #5995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Love the safe injection site being protested by people who clearly have no idea what’s going on.

Not only that, but it’s very clearly people who A) do not pull their weight in society B) are not part of community but simply have the NIMBYism told to them by other dumb friends/aquaintances, and C) are likely a bigger drain on society as a whole than the drug uses.

After seeing all the pictures I really hope it goes through

How many of these folks are ones that have driven/been driven up to the foodbank in their Mercedes to take food donations?
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 08:29 AM   #5996
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Kash Heed is one of the most crooked people that's ever worked in this province in a policing capacity... google is your friend, he's resigned form more jobs than most people have ever even had... and ALWAYS while under investigation for crooked shit.

If he's supporting something you know it's not good.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 08:37 AM   #5997
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ gawd ... I hope the 7 councillors (originally it was 8-1. After the parade of people voicing their opinion, 2 voted no, 1 additional one changed her mind, Alexa Loo) including the mayor gets turfed in the next election, especially that dirty corrupt Heed. it's not whether the safe injection site is right or not, it's about an elected council who doesn't consult the constituents, does things quickly under the table. It may be the right tool DT as part of the spectrum of care but might not be in Richmond.
Personally, I have never understood Malcolm Brodie's appeal, but Richmond voters have repeatedly voted for him over the last 20+ years -- often with landslide victories. So it seems pretty unlikely that a single safe injection site proposal would be enough to bring him down at the next municipal election.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:21 AM   #5998

awww man those photos should all be older asian women in fur coats and moncler jackets.

Not a real representation of richmond
Old 02-14-2024, 09:23 AM   #5999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Personally, I have never understood Malcolm Brodie's appeal, but Richmond voters have repeatedly voted for him over the last 20+ years -- often with landslide victories. So it seems pretty unlikely that a single safe injection site proposal would be enough to bring him down at the next municipal election.
Having grown up in Richmond (no longer there now, so don't have much dog in this fight), my perspective is that there hasn't been any major partisan issue he's really had to deal with over the years.

I think given the location being separated by a bridges/transit, Richmond has not had to face challenging issues that other municipalities have. e.g. one councillor yesterday took credit for the small number of drug-related deaths was BECAUSE of the decisions they've made around drug policy.

Additionally the makeup of the citizens are fairly similar-minded when it comes to political perspectives, and do not cause much noise at the municipal level (same cannot be argued on a federal level, e.g. money laundering, drugs, etc.).
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 02-14-2024, 09:25 AM   #6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
How many of these folks are ones that have driven/been driven up to the foodbank in their Mercedes to take food donations?
Not sure but I'm 100% sure all of them have parked their BMW, Benz, Audi SUV on the sidewalk on No. 3 to pick up someone from the Canada Line.