REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-09-2024, 06:30 AM   #6351
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Um, just a bit more than "took it over". The entire pipeline pipeline project was given the green light and started under the libs in the first place.

But hey, they're anti oil and gas.
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:54 PM   #6352
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Um, just a bit more than "took it over". The entire pipeline pipeline project was given the green light and started under the libs in the first place.

But hey, they're anti oil and gas.
??

Everything was started by Kinder Morgan and they were ready to walk away from it when the liberals took it over. They assumed the vast majority of planning and preparation

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...tain-pipeline/

Bought the pipeline for 4B, construction costs balloon to over 30 billion (10% increase in the last 8 months alone)

https://globalnews.ca/news/10019634/...-analysis/amp/

And now, due to lack of share value, there’s no buyers as Turd tries to flip the pipeline. On top of that, companies who were suppose to use the pipeline have no interest in the current structure of tolls the govt. is proposing

Maybe we can send some barrels to Ukraine.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:27 PM   #6353
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
It's not that they have no interest. It's that they can afford to play the long game, you don't think that their blackballing of the gov is a tactic by oil companies to devalue it so they can buy it on the cheap already built and then start exporting all our resources to other countries basically raping our country, not paying any taxes, and taking handouts or subsidies to stay in business here... but it's a-ok becuase some Albertan cokeheads get a job for a few years?

Oil companies are the scum of the earth, not sure why you're kind of talking like they're the good guys here?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2024, 05:31 AM   #6354

Ok
Old 04-10-2024, 09:01 AM   #6355
Performance Moderator

Don't forget KM was gonna pull out of the project completely citing supposed viability concerns, so the Libs who don't care about oil and gas stepped in to try and save it, now they're getting positioned to be bent over by oil & gas after the fact.

You can't have it both way mindset wise. If the Cons had done the same thing, which I suspect they would have, the same thing would happen to them, and you'd be making posts saying "Fuckin oil companies, pretend to leave a project and the government had to step in to save jobs and now they're going to try to blackball it hard enough that they get it back for nothing"

Just because it happens to be a Liberal government in power and you're biased to it, you decide to type "stupid Libs getting ripped off with bad policy decisions and overspending yet again" but tell me honestly if it was a Conservative government that did the exact same thing you wouldn't be harping on KM for being a crooked company?

This mindset that Conservative governments are somehow more politically savvy than Liberal or Democratic ones is a complete and utter myth that's been perpetuated for literally decades. Don't fall for it.

Stock market is literally shattering records every single day for how high everything is and we're 4 years into a Democractic government in the USA and the all-time high for the TSX in Canada was hit THIS MONTH with a Liberal government in power for the last 9 years. It's mental to say Conservatives are somehow better at everything with money attached to it. Literally trillions of dollars are telling you otherwise. I don't think Democractic or Liberal governments are necessarily better at it either, a lot of it is happenstance and timing, but to say with such conceit that one is better than the other unequivocally as a constant argument is a fallacy of the highest proportions.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:13 AM   #6356

Enough of this “if cons had done X” please..

We’re a decade into this debacle of a liberal govt. after 10 years it’s pretty safe to say, the actions taken and the resulting outcomes are completely on the govt in power.

If any govt. bought a pipeline for 4 billion them dumped another 30 into it and now can’t find a buyer, I’d be saying the exact same thing.but guess what, it was the liberals who did it, so it’s their mess.

So we now own a pipeline, we are spending another 20 billion on subsidies for oil companies, and prices for -everything- are the highest they’ve ever been. Once the pipeline is operational I’d bet my life nothing is going to get cheaper.

So what is all this for? This will be one of the biggest boons a govt. has ever undertaken in this countries history. And you know who did it? JT and the libs.

No one looks back at bullshit like the fast cats and reckless govt. spending and is like.. “oh yea but but.. the liberals would have done the same!!!” Spare me. History will show this whole project was an utter failure and handled about as poorly as it could have been handled. Which is absolutely no surprise to anyone given their track record.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:59 AM   #6357
Performance Moderator

Well I'm giving you concrete examples of successful policy realized in the form of economic boon and you never directly address any of it. If you won't face your own mental walls then there's nothing to talk about.

I'm open to both governments being effective, they do different things from each other... for my personal life, Cons are not great traditionally because they fuck around with my employment. Maybe they won't in the future, but they have in the past significantly... bad taste in my mouth from that. That's highly specific and personal to me though, I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way for the same reasons.

I don't like their anti-gay / human rights rhetoric. I don't like how FAR the current Liberal government takes things on that front either. Wild swings are no good for anybody.

I could surely make a post with a dozen+ projects the Cons have complete bungled from start to finish too, but I'm not going to bother because you'll just skip my post if it doesn't fit what you want to think is happening right now.

Maybe governments aren't good at projects in general? Is that possible?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2024, 10:09 AM   #6358

They are not. However, some are worse than others, and the impacts felt from those projects vary. We are seeing one now with grave impacts on the future of the country.

Bidding for mega projects like these based on current pricing of virtually anything, materials, labour, etc. is insane. I think a total overhaul on bidding is in order. However, when it comes to these types of projects, there are only a few companies available that can manage this type of scope. So you’re somewhat handcuffed regardless.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:54 AM   #6359
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If any govt. bought a pipeline for 4 billion them dumped another 30 into it and now can’t find a buyer, I’d be saying the exact same thing.but guess what, it was the liberals who did it, so it’s their mess.
How about spending 1.3 billion for a pipeline that was never built?

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2021/06/...-money-wasted/

Quote:
CALGARY — When the Alberta government sunk $1.3 billion of taxpayer money into the Keystone XL Pipeline, Premier Jason Kenney acknowledged the risk.

Now, the project is cancelled and the money is gone — money that could have been spent on a lot of other things.

“A lot of people are looking at what we could have done with health care, with education, public services and so forth, or even keeping the deficit from ballooning to the level that it has. I mean, it is a substantial amount of money,” said Lori Williams, an associate professor in Policy Studies at Mount Royal University.

Just a few examples of what the money could’ve gotten:

At least 26,000 ventilators
Millions of rapid COVID-19 tests
About 433 million N-95 masks
Grants of over $25,000 to 50,000 small businesses.
Both the Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames

Overall, it’s 2.3 per cent of the province’s budget.

“It’s disappointing the province is losing their investment stake on that,” said Kent Fellows, an economist at the University of Calgary School of Public Policy. “Especially at a time when provincial budgets are what they are. You know, $1.3 billion is a non-trivial chunk of money.”
Old 04-11-2024, 10:46 AM   #6360
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,290 Times in 2,057 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Thank goodness! One time the justice system got it right.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10417359/...iction-stands/
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2024, 03:18 PM   #6361

Thanked 31,914 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Good. Someone fucking hang that guys lawyer next.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 06:42 PM   #6362
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Thank goodness! One time the justice system got it right.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10417359/...iction-stands/

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:19 AM   #6363

BC forming a “task force” to come up with policies regarding drug use IN hospitals after nurses union circulating memos about constant illicit drug use INSIDE hospitals

https://globalnews.ca/news/10410171/...force-b-c/amp/

They announced this just hours after staff at Penticton hospital felt sick from drug smoke:

https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news...rgency-7341547

The same thing happened recently in Campbell river

https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news...health-7326964

Rampant drug use AND DEALING inside St.Pauls Hospital

https://www.biv.com/news/commentary/...tients-8567326

And global TV this morning ran a story about a woman in nanaimo who sent in a report about her father who was in the ER there, everyone smoking Fentynal outside the ER room doors and her father shared a room with an OD victim who was smoking somthing in the room

Hahahahahahaha!

We’re turning into such a fucking shit hole Jesus fucking Christ. Decriminalization is working wonders.

Canada is a place where you embrace the criminal, and stigmatize the victim in virtually every scenario. Instead of siding with nurses with a heavy hand on offenders we are trying to accommodate drug uses smoking drugs INSIDE hospitals??!?
Old 04-12-2024, 07:51 AM   #6364

^ time to move to Alberta.

I have heard a health minister from AB and they seem to focus more on rehab end of those with addiction instead of safe supply. And of course, they got push back from the Harm Reduction thugs.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:11 AM   #6365
Performance Moderator

AB healthcare system is in shambles too, for different reasons than BC. It's a bad scene across the country.

We're like Winnipeg trying to convince talent that playing for the Jets is a good idea over playing in Florida. Throw in limitations on salary that don't exist in the USA and it's surprising anybody is here.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:31 AM   #6366

Quote:
??

Everything was started by Kinder
In 2016 Liberals gave the project federal approval to proceed with Trans Mountain and Line 3 pipelines. The "Anti oil & gas" party as you say.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fed...ions-1.3872828

Or maybe you forgot about that and the hilarious bellyaching that followed that announcement, the righties complaining about the disapproval of the Northern Gateway project, and the lefties complaining about any oil pipelines at all being approved?

Quote:

Morgan and they were ready to walk away from it
Yes, due to protests, indigenous and environmental challenges etc it became too risky for KM in their view.

Quote:
when the liberals took it over.

Yes, the party that you say is so anti oil and gas bought the pipeline. Since they were so anti oil and gas, they should have just dropped it then instead? Do you think that's what the conservatives would have done if they were in power? The Pro Oil & Gas party?

Or do you do you think if the Cons were in power all the protests, indigenous & environmental legal challenges would have magically never happened (Keep dreaming)?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 04-12-2024, 08:36 AM   #6367

It’s moreso the typical backward approach to -everything- the liberals do that underlines the entire project.

So we’re against carbon emissions, we’re getting completely fucked by taxes, gas prices are higher than ever, we’re investing hundreds of billions in renewable tech that isn’t proven and is hung up in beaucracy and red tape

We also are banning ICE vehicles, we are trying to hit unachievable emissions goals, we are the virtue signaling kings of the world

Anddddd.. we’re building an oil pipeline

It’s just so typical. It really is a giant metaphor to the entire Turd Era
Old 04-12-2024, 08:38 AM   #6368

So you're upset the ideological central party is taking a centrist approach to things?

How dare they!
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2024, 08:40 AM   #6369
Performance Moderator

Where do you get your info from Honda... banning ICE vehicles? Virtue signalling the world? good lord

"Countries with proposed bans or implementing 100% sales of zero-emissions vehicles include China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Japan, Singapore, the UK, South Korea, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Slovenia, Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Canada, the 12 U.S. states that adhered to California's Zero-Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Program, Sri Lanka, Cabo Verde, and Costa Rica."

Look at all that virtue signaling to the world! Doing... exactly... what the rest of the world is doing...................... ?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2024, 08:42 AM   #6370

Thanked 31,914 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
lol Alberta has a couple things going for it, but it sure as shit isn't health care.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2024, 08:45 AM   #6371

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Where do you get your info from Honda... banning ICE vehicles? Virtue signalling the world? good lord

"Countries with proposed bans or implementing 100% sales of zero-emissions vehicles include China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Japan, Singapore, the UK, South Korea, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Slovenia, Germany, Italy, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Canada, the 12 U.S. states that adhered to California's Zero-Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Program, Sri Lanka, Cabo Verde, and Costa Rica."

Look at all that virtue signaling to the world! Doing... exactly... what the rest of the world is doing...................... ?
Hondaracer speaks like my 70 year old uncles. Too much FOX news.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2024, 09:20 AM   #6372
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
And global TV this morning ran a story about a woman in nanaimo who sent in a report about her father who was in the ER there, everyone smoking Fentynal outside the ER room doors and her father shared a room with an OD victim who was smoking somthing in the room
Call me heartless all you want, but if a patient is purchasing / consuming drugs while they are admitted to the hospital from OD-ing, the hospital should just fxxking kick him out and let him fend for himself. Endangering the safety of other patients and the medical staff is unacceptable, and what they are doing is a direct insult to the medical staff that's treating them.

It's either that, or lock them up in solitary confinement with no visitation rights. If you are not willing to help yourself, either society can give you some tough love to really help you, or society can just give up on you, and spend our limited resources on those who are willing to help themselves.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2024, 09:50 AM   #6373

For Hondaracer ...

Poodeau Turd or PooBiden - 3D Printed

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9275887716159/

This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2024, 12:38 PM   #6374
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,156 Times in 3,637 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Honda just join this shitshow and claim your 5% native. Then you can grab a status card and milk turds government

If you can’t beat them, milk it for every red fucking cent and then leave them a beautiful corpse
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 01:03 PM   #6375
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Holy shit, just rename this forum Boomerscene. We're fucking Dooonnne!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: