REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-28-2024, 04:39 PM   #7126
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
So if the BC Cons win will they cancel the Massey Tunnel replacement and shoot their shit for the bridge again?
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2024, 04:40 PM   #7127
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Alberta has the highest insurance rates in Canada and still 2 private companies have left the province because it's not profitable. No they are thinking about going no fault like BC. But for some reason the BC cons want to go private just like Alberta.
Old 08-28-2024, 05:17 PM   #7128
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,891 Times in 7,388 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
Look, with the two parties to the right merging were literally talking about BC Liberals 2.0.

I may have a shit memory but its not shit enough to forget about what a disaster that party was. I hope nobody else here does too.
People will do anything to keep tampons out of boys washrooms.
Falcon is unlikeable, but Rustad is a certifiable retard. Can't wait to hear about all the anti vax victim culture at the forefront so we can just go back to 2021 conversations for the next 4 years.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 06:39 PM   #7129
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
I'm going to assume most people on RS never ventured past the lower mainland + the island aside from victoria/tofino/nanaimo + okanagan. There are a lot of small towns in BC that are A) Very religious to the point they home school so their kids wont learn science and critical thinking; which is a bad combo when it's mixed with B) misinformation on social media.

These conservative points that we scoff and laugh at, people actually believe it in these small towns. COVID19 vaccine is the mark of the beast, world economic globalists telling trudeau to take away my guns etc etc
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-28-2024, 07:50 PM   #7130
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,110 Times in 3,622 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
Bountiful BC baby!!!! I always wanted to go gawk at those weirdos
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 07:56 PM   #7131
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
hahaha you want to BE one of those weirdos!

"Oh you don't want anal tonight? Fuck you then maybe wife 2 does."
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 08:21 PM   #7132

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
I'm going to assume most people on RS never ventured past the lower mainland + the island aside from victoria/tofino/nanaimo + okanagan. There are a lot of small towns in BC that are A) Very religious to the point they home school so their kids wont learn science and critical thinking; which is a bad combo when it's mixed with B) misinformation on social media.

These conservative points that we scoff and laugh at, people actually believe it in these small towns. COVID19 vaccine is the mark of the beast, world economic globalists telling trudeau to take away my guns etc etc
I have relatives in PG that sound pretty much like that lol.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2024, 04:04 AM   #7133

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
hahaha you want to BE one of those weirdos!

"Oh you don't want anal tonight? Fuck you then maybe wife 2 does."
yeah but i dont like the "wife" part of it. These crazy ass morons i mean Mormons didnt get that part right, otherwise id join their cult.
Old 08-29-2024, 07:44 AM   #7134
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Alberta has the highest insurance rates in Canada and still 2 private companies have left the province because it's not profitable. No they are thinking about going no fault like BC. But for some reason the BC cons want to go private just like Alberta.
This is true, my best friend runs an insurance agency there... a big one... lots of companies are pulling out or they're halting coverage for things like windshields. My friend's agency alone is currently processing 600+ claims for hail damage right now too. In addition as an agency, their commissions are getting cut tighter and tighter, so they're making less money from the parent company too.

Or they're looking for literally ANY excuse to drop clients or surcharge them, be it any sort of speed/driving infraction or at fault accident history... those people automatically get the "fuck off" price.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 08:27 AM   #7135
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
based on 2023 stats

A ranking of the provinces based on their median annual auto insurance premiums, from highest to lowest, is as follows:

Alberta - $3,151
Nova Scotia - $2,491
Ontario - $2,299
New Brunswick - $2,187
Newfoundland - $2,162
BC - $1,775
PEI - $1,703
Manitoba - $1,373
Saskatchewan - $1,249

yeah im pretty happy with what i'm paying from icbc.
it's the only insurance that doesnt go up every year you are on their policy.
group benefit insurance, home insurance, or even pet insurance goes up drastically over time. i think i was paying $1600 for my toyota celica back in 2001, now i'm paying maybe $1800 for my forester 23 years later
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2024, 08:51 AM   #7136
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,352 Times in 1,270 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
The rates dropped dramatically at ICBC when they went to no fault insurance but since then they are increasing every year I renew. I think I'm paying $200-$300 more per year than a couple years ago already for the same vehicle.

Let's also not forget you're way more fucked now if you get into a life altering car crash compared to before with the higher rates.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 09:07 AM   #7137
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,365 Times in 460 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Or they're looking for literally ANY excuse to drop clients or surcharge them, be it any sort of speed/driving infraction or at fault accident history... those people automatically get the "fuck off" price.
Heard it was basically impossible to get comp/collision if you have a cell phone ticket:

""Wawanesa says it specifically will not even offer you collision and comprehensive coverage if you're new to them, if you have a distracted driving ticket. So for that financed vehicle, you're out of luck." "

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ance-1.5289746

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6[/SIZE]
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 09:48 AM   #7138
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,533 Times in 2,636 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
The rates dropped dramatically at ICBC when they went to no fault insurance but since then they are increasing every year I renew. I think I'm paying $200-$300 more per year than a couple years ago already for the same vehicle.

Let's also not forget you're way more fucked now if you get into a life altering car crash compared to before with the higher rates.
A big part of me don't blame ICBC -- or any other auto insurance company, for that matter -- for having to jack up insurance premiums year after year. When you look at the average prices of new cars being bought -- it's ~$68k now -- there is little wonder how insurance premiums doesn't have to go up. A friend's EV recently got crashed into at low speed -- the damage doesn't even look that bad, and the car was totally drivable with no mechanical damage to any of the driving components, but it was an $8k+ repair because of sensors and shxt. And had the headlight housing been damaged, that would have added another $15k. Fxxking $15k! My pos shxtbox was barely more than $15k when it was brand new!

And then you add all the Richmond idiots, maybe I should be surprised that the annual premium increases aren't higher.

The insurance industry as a whole is also getting slammed from the increased frequence of climate change / extreme weather damage. Calgary's freak hail storm. Record flooding in TO and Montreal. Wildfires across the country. I am not saying I have major sympathy for the insurance industry, but the insurance business doesn't seem like a very profitable business to be in at the moment.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2024, 10:47 AM   #7139

Richmond idiots are great ! They drive most of the new car purchases in the auto mall

1- omg the car is 5 years old with 30,000km. It’s unsafe now. Go buy a brand new one and trade in the old car for 1/10 it’s value

2- omg I got into an accident and it has 2k worth of damage ! It must be the cars fault and we need a new car now

3- Rando spur of the moment insanity purchase

God bless Richmond
Old 08-29-2024, 10:57 AM   #7140

Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,967 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Jesus fuck politics in BC are like a full circle.

This merger is just like the Socreds all over again. BC Conservatives are now the Socreds all over again.

Give it a few years and the crazies will disenfranchise the center-right moderates, and maybe by 2028 they'll end up splitting again, BC Liberals 2.0.

This whole merger just shows you how feckless these BC Liberal bastards are, you're telling me a so-called "moderate-center" party can just merge and throw their hat in with the crazy far-right?

Ah yes, tax breaks, privatization, nothing else matters.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2024, 11:34 AM   #7141
linguistic ninja

In the end Canadians and BC are just contrarian voters and it doesn't matter the decision tree is basically:

Are you Happy/employed/have money? -
Yes ---> Vote Incumbent
No ---> Vote Opposition

Doesn't matter if you vote for a leopard that'll rip off your face as long as you teach the incumbents "a lesson"

This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2024, 11:41 AM   #7142

Thanked 4,128 Times in 1,288 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
why does john rustad look like a crook

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2024, 01:27 PM   #7143
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,822 Times in 5,893 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
In the end Canadians and BC are just contrarian voters and it doesn't matter the decision tree is basically:

Are you Happy/employed/have money? -
Yes ---> Vote Incumbent
No ---> Vote Opposition

Doesn't matter if you vote for a leopard that'll rip off your face as long as you teach the incumbents "a lesson"
Was listening to some political analyst on the radio yesterday and they said that this is a global phenomenon not just Canada

Many incumbent govts. Have been in place through Covid or through the end of it, absorbed all the inflation and other BS that came along with It, and now everyone voting for anyone but the incumbent
Old 08-29-2024, 02:09 PM   #7144
linguistic ninja

Even with the US you think? Their brand of politics is almost like a sport where their "team" forms the identity of so many people. People will never in a million years vote for Rep. or Dem. depending on their identity although for some MAGA may have changed that.

Old 08-31-2024, 02:35 AM   #7145

Old 09-03-2024, 05:11 PM   #7146
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Here we go ... BC Conservative is promising to get rid of no fault ICBC insurance if elected. I haven't done a deep dive as to which is better but this reversing previous government's decisions often incur a waste of time, money, etc. From what I barely understand, if you were in a big major accident, it is your disadvantage because you cannot sue or can you?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 07:54 PM   #7147

Alberta's insurance is so fckd they are thinking of going no fault but the bc cons want to do the opposite and copy Alberta.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:39 PM   #7148

Thanked 4,128 Times in 1,288 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
lol its like the HST again

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 09:41 PM   #7149
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
lol its like the HST again
HST was a good thing for BC and I'd support reintroducing it. HST in BC would've been the lowest at 10% but the amount of misinformation and fake news spread by the restaurant industry cause they were scared people would stop dining out over a 5% increase was atrocious.

And now...
Used cars still cost 12%+ tax.
Diapers/essentials/groceries were HST exempt anyway.
HST would've got rid of the luxury tax on cars.
Ontario has HST and their restaurants are packed.
The provincial tax authority is bloated with admins when it could've been shrunk as the CRA is responsible for HST.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2024, 07:02 AM   #7150
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Here we go ... BC Conservative is promising to get rid of no fault ICBC insurance if elected. I haven't done a deep dive as to which is better but this reversing previous government's decisions often incur a waste of time, money, etc. From what I barely understand, if you were in a big major accident, it is your disadvantage because you cannot sue or can you?
it's the opposite, it's meant to prevent minor accidents from going to litigation. you cant sue for whiplash or a hurt shoulder, or something that could be potentially treated with just physio sessions. now they just give you basically unlimited sessions until the practitioner thinks that you don't need them anymore. major accidents can still go to litigation, but the system is not perfect. sometimes people with 'minor' accidents can be greatly affected by their injuries and could have trouble doing things like working and still cannot sue. that is the contentious part.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote