REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-05-2024, 02:39 PM   #7201
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How do you always find a way to put Elon dick in your mouth no matter what we are talking about?
Well, he's just a prime example.

But all in all, he's the person who inspired me to learn about first principle thinking and how I was able to apply it successfully to both my personal and professional life.

I wouldn't say that he's always right. But the philosophy of the bigger picture is ok.

When someone's philosophy taught you how to make 7-figures, he's gotta know what's up, right?

Of course it's not just him... my parents, my life experience and much more... but still... in the chaos of all, I was able to always make the relatively correct decision. And for that, I appreciate all these people.
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2024, 02:50 PM   #7202
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
How do you always find a way to put Elon dick in your mouth no matter what we are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Well, he's just a prime example.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2024, 03:00 PM   #7203
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:

In Canada and US, we need to hire accountants to do our taxes because our system is so fucking dated. In Taiwan and England, where I had the opportunity to file taxes… you go to a machine, it lists out all the taxes that’s figured in the system, it tells you how much you owe/get back, you either accept it, or provide evidence for anything not in the system, boom. Tax filled.

There’s no reason we need so many people at CRA or IRS.

Don’t tell me “oh, it’s the way we have always done it”.

Of course the process can be tedious and quite “out of place”, but just look at examples when most companies moved to computer system vs. human. Yes, there was some screwups. But the idea is, if we take that as cost of serving the citizens and we know the outcome is beneficial, why shouldn’t we?

I don’t know any companies still doing great business comparing to their time before the computers that haven’t moved to it.

We are trying to find a better way here, aren’t we?
Will let Hasan explain it.

Old 09-05-2024, 03:18 PM   #7204
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,832 Times in 5,900 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Here’s another article outlining how bloated the govt. is

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ees-since-2015

Public service workers also aren’t represented in lists that outline bonuses or compensation so that’s all hidden.

Some nice recent examples of how incompetent the feds are:

https://www.westernstandard.news/new...c-island/57581

$10,000 to catch a single bull frog as part of a “cull”

Sidney island deer cull that cost tax payers 12 million dollars when locals said numerous times they would do to FOR FREE for the meat

https://globalnews.ca/news/10517770/...-millions/amp/

People here get their panties in a bunch when you bring up things like Tampons in men’s bathrooms etc. however, I couldn’t care less about what that actually represents in terms of inclusion etc.

The thing that pops into my mind anytime I see stories like that is how much fucking money and time went into something like that. Everyone at all levels od govt. is so unbelievably incompetent that there is no doubt in my mind all these things costs 10’s of millions, for what? Virtue signalling?

Meanwhile things that could actually have an effect on society as a whole are thrown by the wayside and money diverted elsewhere

Radio had a great guest on today outlining how Canadas GDP has stagnated as we have nothing to hang our hat on any longer other than immigration. So the liberals have run this country into the ground with work permits and student visas, and the BoC walks this tight rope trying to balance people from buying up all the houses or proving food for TFW.. lol..

Rent increases can be tied directly to the immigration policies displayed here. 25-30% rent increases over a 3 year period WITH RENT CONTROLS IN PLACE. All driven by buddy guy subway worker. Uneducated, labour trying to get residency.

Also great stat, 35% of newcomers to Canada are utilizing the food bank within the first year in Canada. Amazing.
Old 09-05-2024, 03:26 PM   #7205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Jokes aside, it still doesn't explain it.

IRS has a 12+ billion dollar budget annually.

I'm sure if they want to set aside 1-2billion dollar for an automated system that works for 99% of the population, many software companies would be up to the challenge.

If one could figure out how to use the many apps in their phone, making a simple to follow app, that works in reverse like UK/TW... where the system tells you directly how much you have to pay, and you submit paperwork only if you feel otherwise is not an impossible task.
Old 09-05-2024, 03:30 PM   #7206
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Honda I certainly don't disagree with you on the fact I bet those tampons cost the government a few hundred thousand in meetings just to implement it, but I also don't necessarily believe that's what makes you most mad about it lol.
The government bloat is a fucking joke though and the amount of people so many policies pass through are not indicative of what they are worth.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2024, 04:57 PM   #7207
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,973 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:

I'm sure if they want to set aside 1-2billion dollar for an automated system that works for 99% of the population, many software companies would be up to the challenge.

If one could figure out how to use the many apps in their phone, making a simple to follow app, that works in reverse like UK/TW... where the system tells you directly how much you have to pay, and you submit paperwork only if you feel otherwise is not an impossible task.
The IRS

Don't make me come in here and defend the bloody IRS, but if you aren't abreast to running a budget of a country the size of the US, I'm not sure what to tell you.

About a third of that budget solely goes towards examinations/collections (roughly $5 billion in fact). Why? Well you can blame the judicial system for that.

It costs money -- lawyers and all that other bloated crap to prosecute tax evasion. If you have a problem with that, then blame how bloody expensive litigation is in that country.

Get in here and decry how expensive it is to litigate, to take a case to trial, which I believe is a MASSIVE problem, and has created a two-tiered justice system not only in the US, but also in Canada.

How come you never complain about the military's budget @ ($916 billion). No conservative seems to care that a majority of that budget is simply a welfare/employment system in itself.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2024, 05:14 PM   #7208
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:

Turbo tax and H&R block would not be for that at all.
Old 09-06-2024, 11:24 AM   #7209

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...alth-113457963

Ya, don't fund the IRS, right Hehe? $1.3 billion from literally the lowest hanging fruit, high earners who didn't even file/pay taxes.
Old 09-06-2024, 12:22 PM   #7210
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
...Interesting. Your thoughts on this announcement?

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/0...on-candidates/

After a lot of back and forth in the political sphere this past week, BC United party leadership says it will in fact be running some candidates in the provincial election after all.

Confirmation of the party running comes just days after Leader Kevin Falcon announced it was suspending BC United’s campaign and instead endorsing the BC Conservatives
Old 09-06-2024, 01:10 PM   #7211

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...alth-113457963

Ya, don't fund the IRS, right Hehe? $1.3 billion from literally the lowest hanging fruit, high earners who didn't even file/pay taxes.
No, I'm not saying to defund the IRS/CRA, I'm saying that they can surely set aside 1-2B to design a software that caters 99% of the population where everything is automated based on fillings from employers, banks and whatever given how most of transactions nowadays are digitalized. Any new tax law/rules just get added/substracted within the system.

TW and UK do this. And 99% of their population/companies just file taxes this way. This would then leave 10B+ in their budget to go after the ultra-rich who has more complicated taxes.

From what I hear and had personal experience with, most tax auditing and problem arise from filling mistakes. A single system would actually eliminate that when it just assumes the correct way to file. If you agree that those are correct, then it's done. If you think the system made any mistake, submit your evidences and someone can quickly look over it.

A system where it's correct 99% of the time vs. a system that tries to find mistakes through the millions of fillings... the error rate can be drastically minimized and reduce the cost of citizen on the former.
Old 09-06-2024, 01:25 PM   #7212
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
After a lot of back and forth in the political sphere this past week, BC United party leadership says it will in fact be running some candidates in the provincial election after all.

Confirmation of the party running comes just days after Leader Kevin Falcon announced it was suspending BC United’s campaign and instead endorsing the BC Conservatives
Yah, I don't understand how Kevin Falcon, singlehandedly, can close down BC United. He should have brought the idea to his caucus and decide together whether to close down the party, merge, or maybe Falcon step down as leader and give someone else a go at it. The fact that his MLA's heard about his plan the day the public heard about it is insane.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 01:37 PM   #7213

Thanked 1,884 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 119 Posts
Isn't that the same thing as jagameat? Biden?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 01:38 PM   #7214
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,362 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
No, I'm not saying to defund the IRS/CRA, I'm saying that they can surely set aside 1-2B to design a software that caters 99% of the population where everything is automated based on fillings from employers, banks and whatever given how most of transactions nowadays are digitalized. Any new tax law/rules just get added/substracted within the system.

TW and UK do this. And 99% of their population/companies just file taxes this way. This would then leave 10B+ in their budget to go after the ultra-rich who has more complicated taxes.

From what I hear and had personal experience with, most tax auditing and problem arise from filling mistakes. A single system would actually eliminate that when it just assumes the correct way to file. If you agree that those are correct, then it's done. If you think the system made any mistake, submit your evidences and someone can quickly look over it.

A system where it's correct 99% of the time vs. a system that tries to find mistakes through the millions of fillings... the error rate can be drastically minimized and reduce the cost of citizen on the former.
CRA is quite literally already piloting this.

You can thank lobbyists like TurboTax and H&R Block for why it has taken so long.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2024, 05:44 PM   #7215

Quote:
A re-elected NDP government would scrap British Columbia's long-standing carbon tax and shift the burden to "big polluters" if the federal government dropped its requirement for the law, Premier David Eby said Thursday.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-tax-1.7322033

lol like -everything- in politics is bullshit.

So first NDP scrambles to pull their vaccine mandates for healthcare workers after all other parties say they will, so clearly nothing behind this and it can be changed at a drop of a hat at the SLIGHTEST hint of political pressure.

Now carbon tax can be eliminated because political opponents will do it, and you cannot even find the wording to justify your flip-flopping.

We are are the mercy of morons.
Old 09-12-2024, 07:28 PM   #7216
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
That story of the Asian teen, Alfred Wong, who was killed by stray bullet in gang war, Kane Carter, hung jury ... but Prosecution going for a retrial. Tough for the family who has to go through the trial a 2nd time.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/0...uver-shooting/
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 10:22 AM   #7217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-tax-1.7322033

lol like -everything- in politics is bullshit.

So first NDP scrambles to pull their vaccine mandates for healthcare workers after all other parties say they will, so clearly nothing behind this and it can be changed at a drop of a hat at the SLIGHTEST hint of political pressure.

Now carbon tax can be eliminated because political opponents will do it, and you cannot even find the wording to justify your flip-flopping.

We are are the mercy of morons.
BC Liberals brought in the carbon tax.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2024, 10:49 AM   #7218

It’s moreso Eby has been on this train that the carbon tax is beneficial and the second there is political pressure to get rid of it, he instantly flips.

It’s also rich that with now the NDP backing the cons federally in terms of getting rid of the carbon tax Trudeau coming out saying “these guys don’t know how to fight climate change” oh yea, cause you guys are experts.

Paying extra for everything, all the time, into a pool of general revenue, ain’t gonna turn this into a better world for future generations.
Old 09-13-2024, 12:19 PM   #7219

"This government are idiots because they have the carbon tax"
"This government are idiots because they will reverse the carbon tax"
- hondaracer
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2024, 12:42 PM   #7220

lol fuck off, you can’t drag a fucking line for 5 years saying somthing is important and has impact then flip instantly once your political opponents say they will do the same thing.

This isn’t reversing decriminalization or admitting you made a mistake, this is something we’ve been told time and time again is suppose to be a good thing for everyone, and literally the second a political opponent has some traction and says they will remove it, you flip on your long standing idea?

Goes to show it’s all just bullshit and wasn’t actually accomplishing anything tangible other than creating tax revenue and driving up prices.
Old 09-13-2024, 01:25 PM   #7221

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
I get where Honda is coming from. This isn't about the carbon tax itself, he's not debating the idea or science behind that piece of legislature, that's a whole different topic.

No, he's debating the inability for a gov't to hold a line on a decision that they made before. Flip flopping based on what makes sense for them politically at that moment.

To be fair, politicians are in the same unsavoury grouping as ambulance chasing lawyers, sleezeball car salesmen, and pyramid scheme peddlers. They'll say and do whatever it takes to make things happen or bend things to their will. I don't think being anywhere else in the world changes this.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2024, 01:35 PM   #7222

I hate politicians, but if they do something I want them to, to better life for me and those around me, I don't care why they did it.
I only care why they did it when it makes things worse.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM   #7223

Quote:
I hate politicians, but if they do something I want them to, to better life for me and those around me, I don't care why they did it.
I only care why they did it when it makes things worse.
This whole saga of the carbon tax is a net loss for you.

In the end it did nothing for the environment other than take money out of peoples pockets. Something like this isn’t cancelling the tunnel replacement or decriminalization. The carbon tax actively made people poorer for the sake of appearances.

IMO these last couple weeks have been a disaster for Eby. It feels more and more likely the conservatives have a decent shot here
Old 09-13-2024, 01:55 PM   #7224

I'm not advocating for the carbon tax. I'm happy if my life is gonna get cheaper. I'm also happy if the environment will get the money put into the taxes.
It won't, and it didn't. Either way sucks, but it's not front of mind for me. That said, if I spent the last 5 years complaining about the carbon tax and they got rid of it, I'd be happy, whether it was pandering or not.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM   #7225
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,849 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
tax is tax - money in / money out. it's a pretty simple balance sheet.

people will spend 5 years bitching about carbon tax, but never really look at that little line on their paystubs for income tax.

vote for how governments spend - how they collect the revenue for that spending is moot.

if anything - these consumption taxes are a bit more fair. rich guys gotta buy gas too. it's basically the same as increasing GST on certain items.

but say the word "carbon" and everybody loses their minds.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: