REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #926
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Maxime Bernier says N.S. PPC candidate’s tweets were racist but she won’t face consequences

https://globalnews.ca/news/6025100/m...-islamophobia/

I wonder why?
Wow, you managed to post something where I actually disagree with Bernier. Islam is not a race, it's a religion, and as such, should be criticised like any other religion. Would saying "Christianity is pure evil" also be considered racist?
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #927
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
"Hi, I'm Raymond, a cisgender atheist but you can call me Ray Cis for short"
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2019, 12:32 AM   #928
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Wow, you managed to post something where I actually disagree with Bernier. Islam is not a race, it's a religion, and as such, should be criticised like any other religion. Would saying "Christianity is pure evil" also be considered racist?
It depends on how stupid the racist is.

Funny when a PPC candidate asks Maxime denounce racism and white supremacy he gets the boot. When PPC candidates post racist material nothing happens to them. she was not the first and will not be the last.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...307607#content

Dozens of PPC members have left because the party is full of racists.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...uits-1.5215988

PPC candidate with the soldiers of Odin a racist anti immigrant group.

today, while members of Soldiers of Odin were hired to provide security. @ElectionsBC
#bced
Watch here: https://facebook.com/CultureGuard/v

https://twitter.com/BradDirks/status...urity-for.html

Burnaby School Board Trustee candidate Laura-Lynn Taylor Thompson was part of a protest against LGBTQ+ students at @LangleyCity_

Old 10-13-2019, 12:34 AM   #929
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Guess you're all for anti semitism too?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:41 AM   #930

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Guess you're all for anti semitism too?
You mean where even the slightest of negstive criticism of the modern state of Isreal in any way is considered anti-semitic? Antifa, endorsed/condoned by institutions, universities, the leftist media, and governents from municipal to federal, know a thing or two about being anti-semitic as they see Jews as privileged while Muslims and especially Palestinians are near the top of their victimhood list. I don't support concepts of hate speech as I am a free speech absolutist. I'm aslo a life long atheist, raised by an atheist and and agnostic atheist. I have zero love of any religions and theocratic states, many of which place my lack of belief right up there with the worse offenses like homosexuality, apostasy, etc. Even in the West, where democracies have shed their Christian power structures for secularism, it is rare to see an openly Atheist political leader, let alone candidate.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 10-13-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2019, 02:36 AM   #931
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
No no I mean ridiculing the faith, not when they try to pile everything to encompass antisemitism, but ya answered that lol
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:52 PM   #932

Jagmeet Singh Will Push For Coalition If Tories Win Most Seats But Not A Majority
Old 10-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #933

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
It depends on how stupid the racist is.

Funny when a PPC candidate asks Maxime denounce racism and white supremacy he gets the boot. When PPC candidates post racist material nothing happens to them. she was not the first and will not be the last.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...307607#content

Dozens of PPC members have left because the party is full of racists.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...uits-1.5215988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNdMomk1PwU

PPC candidate with the soldiers of Odin a racist anti immigrant group.

today, while members of Soldiers of Odin were hired to provide security. @ElectionsBC
#bced
Watch here: https://facebook.com/CultureGuard/v

https://twitter.com/BradDirks/status...urity-for.html

Burnaby School Board Trustee candidate Laura-Lynn Taylor Thompson was part of a protest against LGBTQ+ students at @LangleyCity_

So if Bernier attends a rally, his entire party is painted with the brush of the lowest common denominator of anyone else who attends.
But when Singh attends Sikh separatist rallies, with attendees waving swords, motioning for violence, prominently raising posters of known terrorists, you don't grant the NDP that same standard. How odd.

But then i guess when we have a prime minister who panders to the khalistan movement, as well as sunni/Shiite extremism by removing their mention from our 2018+ terror reports, a decision at odds with Canadian intelligence agencies, it's just business as usual.
No doubt some of the "ethnic vote banks" Aziz was referencing.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-13-2019 at 06:06 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #934
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Don't know who his strategist is but Singh should keep his mouth shut about that ... it might actually mess up his chances because Jagmeet's rise in popularity and likeability is a result of people not wanting JT as PM. If he attempts to form a coalition ... guess what, JT is PM.

Plus, party with largest number of seats gets the chance to form government first. They could of course, defeat the minority on a confidence motion but then, Governor General could call election or offer the 'coalition' to form government. Don't think it has ever been done on the National level, has it?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
So if Bernier attends a rally, his entire party is painted with the brush of the lowest common denominator of anyone else who attends.
But when Singh attends Sikh separatist rallies, with attendees waving swords, motioning for violence, prominently raising posters of known terrorists, you don't grant the NDP that same standard. How odd.

But then i guess when we have a prime minister who panders to the khalistan movement, as well as sunni/Shiite extremism by removing their mention from our 2018+ terror reports, a decision at odds with Canadian intelligence agencies, it's just business as usual.
No doubt some of the "ethnic vote banks" Aziz was referencing.
So you admit max attended racist rallies? it's funny how all the racists are voting for the PPC and many of the thing the racists believe in are the same things the PPC believe in.

Don't forget Singh also shared the stage with a racist. It was during the last 2 debates.

Last edited by Manic!; 10-13-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #936

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Don't know who his strategist is but Singh should keep his mouth shut about that ... it might actually mess up his chances because Jagmeet's rise in popularity and likeability is a result of people not wanting JT as PM. If he attempts to form a coalition ... guess what, JT is PM.

Plus, party with largest number of seats gets the chance to form government first. They could of course, defeat the minority on a confidence motion but then, Governor General could call election or offer the 'coalition' to form government. Don't think it has ever been done on the National level, has it?
In some ridings the NDP and Liberals are close. Some people are afraid if they vote NDP and the Liberals lose in that ridding it will help the cons.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #937
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Bakes a Nazi cake and then has the audacity to wear a poppy? A symbol of the loss of tens of thousands of Canadians FIGHTING fascism? What a hypocritical fucking moron that Ian Kelly guy is. I'd rip that poppy off his chest if I saw him wearing it.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #938
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
In some ridings the NDP and Liberals are close. Some people are afraid if they vote NDP and the Liberals lose in that ridding it will help the cons.
But he also state he will not work with any party that purchase the pipeline. Back paddling much?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #939
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,567 Times in 4,936 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I'm leaning towards the Green Party. There's really nothing out there, but in my riding, the Green Party candidate looks to be promising.

https://www.greenparty.ca/en/riding/2013-59002

Hey, a scientist and a musician. Carnegie Hall? She's young and full of potential. I'll have to do a bit more research, but since nothing out there is any better, I'll vote for a young politician. Not jaded like the old farts. If change is needed, it's the youth who will make them.

Definitely not voting for Terry Bitch............ I mean Beech. He does nothing but fill mailboxes with pictures of himself. I don't think he's done anything while in office. He's gotta go.

Just my humble opinion........
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #940
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,913 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Imagine looking like this big titty motherfucker and thinking "yeah I'm genetically superior and the master race."

Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #941
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,156 Times in 3,637 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
The East Indian cop on his right shoulder has a facial expression that says it all.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2019, 03:44 PM   #942

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
So you admit max attended racist rallies? it's funny how all the racists are voting for the PPC and many of the thing the racists believe in are the same things the PPC believe in.

Don't forget Singh also shared the stage with a racist. It was during the last 2 debates.
Labeling everyone and anyone concerned with the following: stifling of opinion, rapid increase in population growth-and all the issues it entails, national identity, a balanced budget in a prompt manner, increased government spending, suppression of freedom of speech and thought, as racists and bigots I'm sure will have exactly the result it's had in nearly all democratic countries facing those same concerns from 2015 on.

So keep up the good work. Your services are more valuable than you know
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #943

Singh walks back coalition talk as campaign enters final week

Heading into the final week of the election campaign, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh campaigned at a popular Vancouver market on Thanksgiving Monday in a bid to capitalize on his new-found momentum, but deflected questions on a potential Liberal-NDP coalition a day after he opened the door to the possibility.

At a campaign stop in Surrey on Sunday, Singh said he would “absolutely” be wiling to work with other parties to prevent a minority Conservative government. On Monday, Singh appeared to retreat from that statement.

“That was not my position,” he said. “My position is this: We have a number of priorities and I want Canadians to know that they can vote New Democrat, vote as many New Democrats as possible, and all the commitments and priorities we told you about, we will fight hard to make sure they are put in place.”

Singh did not want to talk about a coalition government despite repeated questioning by reporters. He rebuffed a question on whether he would insist on NDP MPs in cabinet in a hypothetical coalition government, saying “I’m not negotiating the future today.”
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2019, 06:15 PM   #944
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Voted today, had to essentially strategically vote due to the complete garbage options..

i actually didn't mind the lib candidate for my riding and he seems to be the most well positioned and educated compared to the incumbent, but i aint backing Turd.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #945
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
I voted today as well. Was in and out of the polling place in a little over 5 min

15 sec to get inside and to the booth

4 min to decide who to vote for while standing in the booth itself

20 sec to leave. Slightly slower to leave because some attractive woman decided to walk backwards into me while showing a senior where to go. She apologized and I wanted to reply with 'you can bump into me anytime you like ' #metoo
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #946
HELP ME PLS!!!

Failed 40 Times in 26 Posts
Voted today at 830pm, took about 20 mins. There was a pretty long line in my riding.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #947
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Voted on the 11th lol. No idea who is better in the riding but I will vote anyone to keep NDP and Lib out so I only have Cons and green to pick.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #948

While environmentalists talk about the legacy that we are leaving for next generations ... few are raising the financial debt that this generation is leaving for the next. No one runs a household like the present day Libs or NDP. At one point, Libs were actually aiming for balance or surplus ... Chretien/Paul Martin days?
Old 10-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #949

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Labeling everyone and anyone concerned with the following: stifling of opinion, rapid increase in population growth-and all the issues it entails, national identity, a balanced budget in a prompt manner, increased government spending, suppression of freedom of speech and thought, as racists and bigots I'm sure will have exactly the result it's had in nearly all democratic countries facing those same concerns from 2015 on.

So keep up the good work. Your services are more valuable than you know
Go ahead and explain to me Canada's national identity.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #950
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Go ahead and explain to me Canada's national identity.
It is quickly changing to people like you, the ones that are quick to prejudice anyone that does not agree with their opinion, while hypocritically claiming the moral high ground of social integrity, regardless of fact.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: