REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-18-2019, 05:26 AM   #1001
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
Where can I get up to date with the current election and who I should vote for?

I managed to find some information.

The NDP is making some great statement for their roles. What are your thoughts?
It shouldn't be for anyone to tell you who you should vote for.
I'd suggest you go to each parties site and view their platforms. Think critically.
Start with the party you feel you'd be least likely to vote for.

Don't be lazy. Your vote is far more important than the 45 minutes of unintelligible banter that was displayed by the English debates.
Advertisement
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2019, 06:12 AM   #1002
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
It shouldn't be for anyone to tell you who you should vote for.
I'd suggest you go to each parties site and view their platforms. Think critically.
Start with the party you feel you'd be least likely to vote for.

Don't be lazy. Your vote is far more important than the 45 minutes of unintelligible banter that was displayed by the English debates.

My boss ended up printing out each parties platform and blanking out which party is promising what. I ended up liking ndp than the others.

For curiosity sake:
Currently liberals and cons are in the low 30's with ndp and greens at 18 and 8. With one last wave of votes to go what do you guys think that there's a slight possibility that ndp and greens would gain a few more points and be capable of forming a minority with one or two more points than the others?

I'm using their points frompoll tracker
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:38 AM   #1003
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Lib and NDP maybe. But not with greens coz they clearly will not work with lib(coz they purchase the pipeline). And BP will not work with Libs.
Cons might work with BP.

Best case lib get minority gov couldn't get other parties to work with them and do another election so we can vote majority gov kicking out the libs.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #1004
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
I don't think there's been a federal coalition government in 100 years? Generally the winning party is given a shot to govern.

Also, be careful with no confidence votes. Last time there was one, Harper's minority turned into a majority. You don't want to piss people off by having them vote too often as people want a stable government.

Ideally, I'd like a conservative minority. The cons can keep government spending in check while the libs keep the cons in check on social issues.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #1005
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Grown man follows teenager back to her hotel room.

Read the comments on the youtube page.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:03 PM   #1006
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,913 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
https://apple.news/AU_mq5c4zSNag7qZyMO8eIQ

Spoiler!

Seems kind of unreasonable for you to take issue with any of manics posts given this little tidbit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 10-18-2019 at 08:23 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:47 PM   #1007
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Seems kind of unreasonable for you to take issue with any of manics posts given this little tidbit.
It was a direct troll back at him just to watch him freak out
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #1008

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pro...nier-1.5327555

Quote:
Warren Kinsella's Daisy Group consulting firm was behind a social media campaign to put the People's Party of Canada on the defensive and keep leader Maxime Bernier out of the federal leaders' debates, according to documents provided to CBC News.

The documents outline the work done by several employees of Daisy on behalf of an unnamed client. A source with knowledge of the project told CBC News that client was the Conservative Party of Canada.

The plan was first reported Friday night by the Globe and Mail.

According to a source with knowledge of the project, who spoke to CBC News on condition they not be named, the objective of the plan, dubbed "Project Cactus," was to make the Conservative Party look more attractive to voters by highlighting PPC candidates' and supporters' xenophobic statements on social media.

The source added that Daisy employed four full-time staffers on Project Cactus at one time.

Kinsella is a lawyer, anti-racism activist and former Liberal strategist who has been a vocal critic of Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau.

Green Party Leader Elizabeth May faced criticism from her own supporters in July when it was reported that Kinsella had been hired for her party. May told The Star that Kinsella's involvement, to set up a quick-response communications unit, was short-lived.

When asked Friday for comment about his work on the anti-Bernier project, Kinsella issued a short statement.

"We don't ever discuss client matters," Kinsella said in an email. "We are always proud, however, to be fighting racism and intolerance."

Simon Jefferies, a spokesperson for the Conservative Party of Canada, told CBC News, "We do not comment on vendors or suppliers we may or may not be using."

'Seek and destroy'
Documents seen by CBC News outline a plan to "seek and destroy" the PPC and prevent Bernier from getting into the leader's debates.

Unions top funders of third party election ads, financial records show
How to watch and listen as federal election results come in
The project was designed with three phases, according to the documents.

The first involved research and branding in March and April. The second was identified as a "launch phase" known as "seek and destroy," running from April 16th through to June 30, the start of the pre-writ period when new restrictions kicked in for third-party advertising.

The third phase, to run "July 1st 2019 to TBD" was called the "full steam ahead phase," where the team would "push Maxime Bernier and the PCC off their messages – forcing them, instead, to defend instances of hate speech and sympathy for racism."

Portions of a WhatsApp Chatroom set up by Daisy for Project Cactus and shared with CBC News show Daisy employees workshopping tweets critical of PPC candidates or supporters before asking Kinsella's approval. The tweets were then published on STAMP Out Hate, a Twitter account set up April 24, 2019 for an existing anti-racism nonprofit run by Daisy.

Part of the plan involved setting up a Twitter account related to an anti-hate initiative connected to Daisy, known as Standing Together Against Misogyny and Prejudice, or STAMP. (Twitter)
In the documents seen by CBC, drafted prior to the launch, STAMP is described as a screen for the project and its client.

"Daisy will create an arms-length organization that cannot be linked to the client or any participating organization. This organization will run a proxy war room public relations campaign that allows real Canadians to shine a light on the prejudice and hate that is associated with the PPC," a Daisy consultant writes.

Anti-PPC tweets dried up after June 29
Tweets for the STAMP Twitter account that were workshopped in the chatroom and later tweeted out by the account are still visible online.

The STAMP Out Hate account lambasted the PPC, its candidates and its supporters right up until June 29, a day before new election rules regarding third party advertisers came into effect. The account has since stopped attacking Bernier's party but has continued to tweet anti-racists messages.

There is no indication whether any further work was done after June 29.

An anti-PPC tweet sent out by the STAMP account on June 29, the final day before new third-party advertising rules kicked in. (Twitter)
The emails outlining the plan for Project Cactus say "Daisy will work to ensure this campaign is not named as a third party." Later, in the Whatsapp chat provided to CBC News, a Daisy Group employee asks when the date for third-party spending rules kick in.

Another employee replies, "June 30" and the first employee responds, "great thanks!"

CBC News reached out to multiple employees involved in the chat but either did not receive a response or were told they would not comment.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #1009

Look at the spelling of scheer.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #1010

Bernier response:
-Norm Franz
Old 10-18-2019, 10:31 PM   #1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Bernier response:
So who is paying for those proud group ads?
Old 10-18-2019, 11:29 PM   #1012

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
^Proof Manic sucks a mean propaganda dick?
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #1013

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
I think it might be just me or whatever... but fuck... the conservatives are spending shitload of money of ads.

I see them everywhere: IG, FB, Google, (except YT cause YT premium rules!)... so on.. And this has been going on for a few weeks already.

They sure spent some money on me.... too bad I ain't gonna vote for them, not as long as Andrew is in power.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
It was a direct troll back at him just to watch him freak out
Fair enough. I wouldn’t have put it past a lot of people to believe it without looking into it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #1015
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 41 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I think it might be just me or whatever... but fuck... the conservatives are spending shitload of money of ads.

I see them everywhere: IG, FB, Google, (except YT cause YT premium rules!)... so on.. And this has been going on for a few weeks already.

They sure spent some money on me.... too bad I ain't gonna vote for them, not as long as Andrew is in power.
The Cons had, by a considerable margin, the largest war chest for this election.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Regading allowing doctors the right for them to choose to practice to their personal beliefs - what is wrong with doing such? We make many accommodations for other 'classes' or religions, that is the best part or Canada.
What if the doctor was Vegan and didn't want to work on patients who eat meat? Your beliefs should not effect other people. People have died because they where refused an abortion. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/27/w...-abortion.html

Lot's of people who work in fast food restaurants are from India and don't believe in eating beef or pork. Imagine pulling up to a drive thru and ordering a bacon cheese burger and the person on the other end saying we are only serving chicken or fish right now because of our cooks beliefs. I bet you would be pissed.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:43 PM   #1017

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Interesting take Manic. Immigrants put aside their cultural/religous beliefs in order to perform their job and participate in Canadian society? What happened to multiculturalism and diversity?
Old 10-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #1018
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
Yup, he's trolling. Just a month ago, he was shitting on people for putting their beliefs aside for the job. Now he's saying it's okay.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:11 PM   #1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
Yup, he's trolling. Just a month ago, he was shitting on people for putting their beliefs aside for the job. Now he's saying it's okay.
Just because they don't believe in eating beef or pork does not mean you can't. A Sikh will never push their religious believes on another.

My problem with scheer is he lies. He could say I don't believe in abortions but I believe it's up to a woman on what she wants to do with her body. But instead he tries to play both sides by saying it's settled law but allows his MP's to bring up new legislation that would reduce or ban access to abortions.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #1020
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
My problem with scheer is he lies. He could say I don't believe in abortions but I believe it's up to a woman on what she wants to do with her body. But instead he tries to play both sides by saying it's settled law but allows his MP's to bring up new legislation that would reduce or ban access to abortions.
They ALL lie ... get over it. Want me to start with JT?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:44 PM   #1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
They ALL lie ... get over it. Want me to start with JT?
Start with Singh.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:58 PM   #1022
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Start with Singh.
How about saying he won't work with any gov who purchase a pipeline and the change his stance by saying he is willing to work with Libs (who purchase a pipeline) just to stop the Cons. After just a weekend change his mind and ask voters to vote for NDP completely forgetting what he said and try to back paddle when ask by a reporter.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:16 PM   #1023

I’m not going to go to that party tonight.
*wife tells me that it’s actually going to be really fun
Ok I’ll go.

Is that a lie? Or is that changing your mind?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2019, 08:45 PM   #1024

ED the sock is killing it!

Ed the Sock

@EdtheSock

Look at who owns #MontrealGazette which endorsed #Scheer - billion-dollar American hedge-fund. Their endorsement is further proof that #CPC is supported by big money foreign corps that don't give a crap about Canada or Canadians. #IVoteLiberal

Welfare you might be happy about this: https://mobile.twitter.com/kinsellawarren
Old 10-19-2019, 11:43 PM   #1025

Really people want this guy running the country? the crowd seems half asleep.