REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #1401
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,199 Times in 1,976 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I don't really understand your stance here. You act like we can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

Legalizing marijuana was more than just a job creator, it was a fundamental shift towards ending this ridiculous war on drugs that our neighbors down south have been waging on communities, decimating families for decades now.

Legalizing as a country helps push this move towards abolishing these esoteric, and damaging laws.

But you don't care about that right?

As for the industry itself, perhaps you should educate yourself a bit more on it. The problem with the industry is plain provincial/government greed. They're having the same problem in Oregon, Colorado, etc as well. Too high of a cost and volume versus demand for product at that cost.

I don't agree with how Trudeau implemented legalization, in fact I believe he should have went further. Instead he placated to the provinces to enact their own system of legalization (something you Conservatives claim to support).

Well that didn't end up working out too well, as each province enacted their own version of legalization, often involving their own province's distribution brach to act as "middleman" on the distribution of the product.

This is why the system is failing, consumers do not want to spend $12-$15 for an crusty old gram distributed by the LCBO or BCLDB. BC and Ontario are the countries largest markets, with each province enacting such middleman process.

That has nothing to do with Trudeau, he should have went further on legalization, which clearly was not possible with our current (and old) electorate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
Don't let his deflecting and changing the subject distract you from the fact that he routinely posts completely garbage opinion as fact. Every time he gets destroyed by facts he proves he can't stand behind a single argument he makes.

Complete hypothetical - that's making a point on something that never happened. The Conservative party was in power from 06-15 with a majority government from 08-15, if they wanted to change/rescind the same sex marriage laws they would have. Who cares what some policy handbook says, their actions proved their stance a decade earlier. Same-sex marriage was made legal in 2005, how dare all those previous Liberal governments in the prior 138 years of Confederation not make it legal sooner. What a bunch of bigots This is a completely dead argument and has been for 15 years.

Back on topic, the cannabis industry in Canada is a total failure and isn't even a relevant contributor to employment or the economy.
Advertisement
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #1402
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ched-1.5481681

JT and crew have made a deal with the Wet'suwet'en chiefs. Something the cons would never be able to do. Construction will continue on Monday.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:48 PM   #1403
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I don't really understand your stance here. You act like we can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.
Huh? That's a really long post of putting words in my mouth. I agree that it should be legalized (and said so) for all the reasons you stated. It's also a pretty big statement of hypocrisy to say in the same post that the failure of its rollout comes down to government greed at various levels but that it's not Trudeau's fault. This was his idea, his mandate, he was elected (in part) on making this happen. He slapped an idea on the table and changed laws without doing due diligence. He rushed it, he did it poorly, and it's seen as a failure for the reasons you summarized. We actually agree on all points the difference is you're letting the person responsible for the whole mess off the hook.
Quote:
JT and crew have made a deal with the Wet'suwet'en chiefs. Something the cons would never be able to do. Construction will continue on Monday.
Oh look, more hyperbole and hypothetical. Odds are its hush money on the backs of taxpayers. 85% percent of that Nation wanted the pipeline; a couple hereditary chiefs need to be bribed to stop inciting illegal blockades in the name of "their rights". Congrats to JT and crew on allowing democracy to be killed in the Wet'suwet'en First Nation.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #1404
Banned By Establishment

Failed 275 Times in 82 Posts
In another month some other “leader” will come out of the woodwork, literally, and claim his three people weren’t consulted and he is the rightful chief. These people are Canada’s welfare parasites, they don’t give a shit about the environment or anything else besides money. The government of Canada is utterly racist when it gives these people special treatment.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-01-2020, 06:40 PM   #1405

Quote:

Oh look, more hyperbole and hypothetical. Odds are its hush money on the backs of taxpayers. 85% percent of that Nation wanted the pipeline; a couple hereditary chiefs need to be bribed to stop inciting illegal blockades in the name of "their rights". Congrats to JT and crew on allowing democracy to be killed in the Wet'suwet'en First Nation.
I didn't see you complaining when the yellow vesters were causing traffic jams. The fact is they got a deal that only deals with this project but also all projects in the future. scheer would have used force upsetting even more people even people supporting the project causing more problems.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #1406
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I didn't see you complaining when the yellow vesters were causing traffic jams. The fact is they got a deal that only deals with this project but also all projects in the future. scheer would have used force upsetting even more people even people supporting the project causing more problems.
You need to pull your head out of your ass. The official negotiations started early 2014, but the Company started FN engagement around 2012. That's 8 years to resolve things and they did with 20 FN, some of them very litigious. These chiefs didn't get the deal they wanted and had lots of time to resolve things, zero sympathy for them or their cause. The federal and BC provincial governments have caved to the will of terrorists and self appointed, tiny gang of thugs that can dictate the course of our country's development. What could possibly go wrong?!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
You need to pull your head out of your ass. The official negotiations started early 2014, but the Company started FN engagement around 2012. That's 8 years to resolve things and they did with 20 FN, some of them very litigious. These chiefs didn't get the deal they wanted and had lots of time to resolve things, zero sympathy for them or their cause. The federal and BC provincial governments have caved to the will of terrorists and self appointed, tiny gang of thugs that can dictate the course of our country's development. What could possibly go wrong?!
It's hard to take the right seriously when they think everything they don't agree with is terrorism. JT terrorist, Jagmeet Singh terrorist, Greta Thunberg terrorist. Putting the Wet'suwet'en in the same category as the Taliban a group the US is negotiating with and just signed a deal with is a joke.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #1408
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Blatant terrorism.
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/massive-fire-d...pert-1.4834770

Blatant cover up.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...sted-1.5482186
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
And we don't know who caused it. I guess for you it's guilty until proven innocent.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #1410

Quote:
And we don't know who caused it. I guess for you it's guilty until proven innocent.
Says the guy who speaks in hypotheticals every other post
-Norm Franz
Old 03-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #1411

Quote:

I am curious what's in this "deal" that manic is blindly praising without having a clue yet what it entails.

My best uneducated guess would be veto power.
Not that it's a far stretch from where we are already.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 03-02-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #1412
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
I didn't see you complaining when the yellow vesters were causing traffic jams.
Are you actually comparing traffic jams to rail blockades that lasted three weeks and measurably slowed the national economy?
Quote:
The fact is they got a deal that only deals with this project but also all projects in the future.
So the deal is only for this project? But also all future projects? I'm amazed you know details of the proposed agreement since none of it has been verified and made public.

Look I understand you're like a gas station attendant or something but seriously, do you even proofread your own posts before making them and not realize how stupid they are?
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #1413

Quote:
Are you actually comparing traffic jams to rail blockades that lasted three weeks and measurably slowed the national economy?

Quote:
Quote:
Whether it be Hong Kong or Vancouver, when protesters break the law you arrest them.

So the deal is only for this project? But also all future projects? I'm amazed you know details of the proposed agreement since none of it has been verified and made public.

Look I understand you're like a gas station attendant or something but seriously, do you even proofread your own posts before making them and not realize how stupid they are?
ttps://nationalpost.com/news/what-we-know-about-the-deal-governments-agreed-to-with-wetsuweten-hereditary-chiefs

Quote:
She said the proposed arrangement is about making sure “that this never happens again, that rights holders will always be at the table.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6615733/w...ement-reached/

Quote:
Bennett said the agreement would effectively resolve the open question left dangling at the end of the Delgamuukw decision handed down by the Supreme Court of Canada in 1997.

The decision saw the court acknowledge the existence of Aboriginal title as an exclusive and ancestral right to the land, which remains unextinguished. But the ruling did not decide on what what lands actually belong to the Wet’suwet’en, and called for further negotiations — a process that didn’t happen until now.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #1414
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Pretty sure he is just a dollar store worker, I heard hand-sanitiser was getting low on stock. These are the types of people that are allowed to vote.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #1415

Quote:
Pretty sure he is just a dollar store worker, I heard hand-sanitiser was getting low on stock. These are the types of people that are allowed to vote.
No, I'm a pump jockey I just pump gas for tips. I think that's on par with being a copy boy and that's good enough to be the leader of the cons.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #1416
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,877 Times in 5,634 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
I don't really care to wade into your guys back and forth, but to call someone out for earning an honest wage doing an honest job or perpetuating the idea that anyone in a service job shouldn't have the right to vote is just about the fucking stupidest post I've ever seen on this forum.

And there have been a lot of fucking stupid posts on this forum.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #1417
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't really care to wade into your guys back and forth, but to call someone out for earning an honest wage doing an honest job or perpetuating the idea that anyone in a service job shouldn't have the right to vote is just about the fucking stupidest post I've ever seen on this forum.
"Honest job" Sure there. I remember when I made an "honest wage" back in high school.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #1418

Quote:
"Honest job" Sure there. I remember when I made an "honest wage" back in high school.
You bragging how much money you make online? LOL.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:14 PM   #1419
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,915 Times in 7,398 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Just curious, do you have a v10 R8?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Just curious, do you have a v10 R8?
That's a really good question.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #1421
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,199 Times in 1,976 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
So we essentially agree on all points here, outside of laying total blame on Trudeau.

I stand by my stance here, I get it, you hate Trudeau, and are unwilling to objectively look at this.

Do you not agree that a basic Conservative standpoint is State or Provincial rights? Meaning the Provinces should be able to enact laws based on their own legislature, and that the federal government should have no barring?

This is what conservatives have been crying about since politics began in this country.

Well he did just that, didn't he? He passed the keys to the Provinces and told them, have at it.

So you are attacking the guy on how the industry is failing, but you're not aiming your vitriol at the Provincial governments that created the problem in the first place. That is what I'm not understanding here, you're being biased in your attack, while giving a pass to the individuals that truly created the problem, simply because you dislike Trudeau.

How could he win the argument? What do you think he should have done differently? Like I said, I hate how legalization was rolled out, but to his credit, I am unsure what other methods would have brought the NIMBYS over to support it.

If he decided on legalizing without Provincial involvement to enact their own systems, he would've been attacked by conservatives on that end. We'd hear how this "doesn't help the Provinces financially", "drugs are bad" and how each Province should be able to setup a system in which additional taxes can be collected for drug programs, addiction, and all the other bullshit excuses we hear when legalization comes into play.

Like I said, the same issue is occurring in many of the states that legalized as well, for the same reasons. He was in a tough spot either way for such an audacious policy goal. Either way, he kept his promise, and he did it.

I often find the hate for Trudeau truly outshines reality in these situations, people seem to be unable to objectively look at what a PM can truly do in these scenarios.

You can't please everyone.

Quote:
Huh? That's a really long post of putting words in my mouth. I agree that it should be legalized (and said so) for all the reasons you stated. It's also a pretty big statement of hypocrisy to say in the same post that the failure of its rollout comes down to government greed at various levels but that it's not Trudeau's fault. This was his idea, his mandate, he was elected (in part) on making this happen. He slapped an idea on the table and changed laws without doing due diligence. He rushed it, he did it poorly, and it's seen as a failure for the reasons you summarized. We actually agree on all points the difference is you're letting the person responsible for the whole mess off the hook.

mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #1422

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
I don't trade stocks.
Can somebody tell me what this plummeting price means?

Not Tilray, this one hits closer to home for you and I.

Cannabis company closing facilities in Delta, Aldergrove, laying off 500
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/cannabi...-500-1.4839305
Old 03-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #1423

I still know several people working in the black market, and when I asked awhile back whether the rollout had any effect on their business, I was a little surprised to hear, universally, that it had none whatsoever. And that if anything, they were even more busy.

You just can not contend with the unregulated free market.
-Norm Franz
Old 03-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #1424
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,915 Times in 7,398 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Got a kick out of this nice little list from FB. I didn’t fact check any of it, so before the snowflakes start crying about it, you can just tell me what’s incorrect and I’ll happily edit it for you.
How’s that separation going?
Quote:
This is just a sampling of what UCP has done to our province.
1. Job cuts at SAIT, NAIT, U of C, U of L, MHC, LCC GMCEWAN etc.
2. Removal of daycare accreditation.
3. Dissolution of ADLC.
4. Insurance rate increase.
5. Tuition cap removal.
6. Student loan interest rate increase.
7. Paying Matt Wolf 200k to troll on Twitter.
8. Cutting PUF funding to public schools while maintaining funding for private schools.
9. Stealing public sector pensions to buy a pipeline.
10. Cutting funding to school boards this year and then lying about it until FOIPped.
11. Tearing up the contract with doctors.
12. Moving the AISH payment date to save optics on your budget and then causing AISH recipients stress and anxiety.
13. Giving 4.7 Billion dollars to profitable Oil and Gas companies only to have them walk out of Alberta thus creating job losses when job creation was promised.
14. Cutting Parent link center funding. Other community services such as Macman family and youth center.
15. Paying 30 million dollars a year for 4 years on a war room.
16. Higher dental rates.
17. Higher school fees including transportation fees.
18. Higher medical expenses for seniors.
19. Higher rent prices.
20. Higher property taxes via funding cuts to municipalities.
21. Removal of surgical procedures deemed “unnecessary” many including services women rely on.
22. 100 million dollar bailout for O and G companies for their orphan wells.
23. Cutting funding to Elite Firefighters.
24. Cutting funding to Volunteer Firefighters.
25. Ending Human Rights and Multicultural Grants
26. Closing/Privatizing recreational sites. Campgrounds, Provincial Parks.
27. Moving lottery money to general revenue.
28. Cutting CNIB money.
29. Firing the Ethics Commissioner.
30. Removal of Alberta SR&ED tax credits.
31. Super lab cancelled.
32. Ended utility price cap program.
33. Implementing discriminatory wage legislation for under 18’s. Layman terms - removing the minimum wage for children.
34. Reinstituted the outdated and ineffective standardized testing (PAT) for Grade Three students. Also, looking at adding Grade 1 - 5 PATS.
35. Pulled coverage for biological drugs forcing people to biosimilars.
36. Gave 80 thousand to a church for renovations.
37. Cut Special Olympic funding. Stars air ambulance funding.
38. Allowing overtime agreements that impact workers time and a half wage pay.
39. Altering GSA legislation.
40. Huge cuts to programs for kids in care.
41. Bill 26 completely exempts farm and ranch workers who work on a farm with five or fewer employees, not including workers employed for less than six months or who are family members, from the Employment Standards Code.
42. Permitting Press Secretaries and Issues Managers to belittle and bad-mouth constituents on social media.
43. Cutting daycare subsidy.
44. Throwing out new curriculum only to load it with Conservative panel. Panel has no active Alberta teachers on it.
45. Formation of Fair Deal Panel to basically stoke separatism.
46. Formed Trades Hall of Fame only to cut post-secondary trades programs at Alberta schools.
47. Attacking journalists such as those at Medicine Hat News.
48. Removing AB health coverage from spouses under 65.
49. 40 million given to Glenbow Museum.
50. Removed breakfast grants then reinstated them after blowback.
51. Attacked teachers as indoctrinators of children.
52. Promised to fund enrollment growth in education, then did not.
53. Blamed and targeted school boards who spoke out against the education cuts.
54. Deindexing Alberta Works and AISH
55. Taking away benefits for those cared for by seniors
56. Eliminating the Rental Assistance Program
57. Halving the investment in affordable housing
58. Cutting maintenance to affordable housing
59. Said they'd cut 2.8% spending 4 days later said they're cutting over 14%.
60. Dissolved RCSDs (regional Collaborative Service Delivery)
61. Cut Emergency transportation amount ($98) from Alberta Works Recipients
62. Restricting access to the Additional Shelter Amount so AW Recipients can't afford rent
63. Adding barriers to accessing AW (new paperwork heavy process)
64. Adding red tape (means testing) to seniors benefits
65. Removed 270 agricultural scientists.
66. Increased or maintained funding to private schools.
67. Cuts to Diagnostic imaging ordered by physiotherapy and chiropractors.
68. Cuts to High Fidelity Wraparound Services.
69. Cut education tax credit.
70. Cut funding for SCS. Calgary Medicine Hat. Implemented SCS review panel comprised of members who have never worked at or accessed SCS services.
71. Bill 1 which looks to remove protest rights.
72. Higher deficit than previous government.
73. Possible change to negligence in auto accident claims. See fairalbertainjuryregulations dot ca for details.
74. Bill 5 - calls to question school board autonomy by restricting use of reserve funds without minister approval.
75. 125 laid off from Alberta Innovates.
76. Raised personal income tax. Lowered basic amount.
77. 40 thousand on Pickle ball.
78. Decreased funds to homeless shelters including but not limited to Fort McMurray.
79. Elimination of the STEP program, a summer student program that employed many post-secondary students from May to August.
80. Removed class size initiatives.
81. Allowing for an unworkable wildlife corridor in Canmore so a developer can build a resort. This project was rejected by last year with the exact same footprint.
82. Broke contract with AB paramedics for a wage re-opener in third year of contact before going into new term contract negotiations despite the previous salary freeze with no cost of living increases in nearly a decade.
83. Cancelled the working group tasked with banning gay conversion therapy in Alberta.
84. Making Fish and Wildlife officers into first responders.
85. Reducing municipality grants which directly led to expansion of “cost recovery” for fire services in many areas. Bills from Fire Department.
86. Set up "snitch line" for Un-Albertan activity.
87. Cuts to legal aid.
88. Cancelled AB Carbon Tax, had federal tax implemented, won a court case in Alberta Appeals Court. Will be challenged in the SCoC.
89. Cut green initiative incentives.
90. Cut Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund.
91. Changing their proposed Recall Legislation from MLA/ Premier, to ANY elected official.
92. Advanced Education minister has appointed Janice MacKinnon to the University of Alberta's board of governors, effective Saturday. She led the government's blue ribbon panel examining Alberta's spending.
93. Told municipalities to bite the bullet on $170,000,000 in property taxes owed by oil companies, because they can’t afford to pay, and you can’t get blood from a stone.
94. Putting 400 million towards privatized surgery.
95. Cut funding for youth addiction program Enviros
96. NAIT, SAIT increase tuition by 7%
97. GRANT MCEWAN increases tuition by 10%. Removes several online and evening courses.
98. 135 million cut from hospitals.
99. 67% of ER doctors from Stettler rescind ER privileges
��. Victims of crime fund cut.
101. U of L to raise tuition 7%
102. Alberta government will be discontinuing the Benefit Contribution Grant and the Staff Attraction Incentive which are aimed at supporting childcare centres and workers in the province.
103. Cuts to respite in Calgary. Children's Cottage.
104. Funding for palliative care for homeless in Calgary not being renewed.
105. Athabasca University 7% tuition increase.
106. Evicted the Indigenous Learning Institute.
107. Ceased Land Acknowledgements.
108. Woods Homes funding cut. PSECA FUNDING.
109. Jason Kenney and his “special advisor friend” went on a mystery Christmas trip to London for 5 days and and blew $45,798.00. Hotel: $1,300/person/night Meals: $478/person/day Total: $45,798 Budget was $35,000.00.
110. Cut Campus Alberta grant by ~ 18%.
111. Lowered levy charged to Energy companies, result is budget cut to AER. Resulted in layoffs.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:51 PM   #1425

For someone who thought about running for the con party leadership, it's pretty weak he has comments turned off on his youtube page.