REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #1751
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
She reminds me of those ultra-right conservatives that run down in the Southern bible-belt, it's bizarre seeing that type of candidate here in Burnaby, of all places.
The PPC doesn't attract the best and the brightest, folks!
Advertisement
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #1752
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The PPC doesn't attract the best and the brightest, folks!
But didn't you run for the PPC?
Old 07-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #1753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
But didn't you run for the PPC?
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #1754
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,194 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I love that she grew up in Uganda with her parents being missionaries.

Only validates what we Africans have always said about white missionaries that come to the developed world to "help" the people.

They are bigots in sheep's clothing.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #1755
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,913 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
For a long time terrible people have simply used religion as a metric to trick others (and themselves for that matter) into believing they have some sense of morality.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 09:40 PM   #1756
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Bill Morneau, our country's finance minister, couldn't keep track of his own family finance and only found out yesterday that he should have paid back WE $41K for some travel expenses back in 2017 ... hmmmmm.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 11:04 PM   #1757
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
I think the oppositions are waiting for the rabbit hole to go a bit deeper before the non-confidence vote.

Anyone else think an election could be coming soon? Maybe this time next year as latest?
Old 07-23-2020, 05:28 AM   #1758
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 41 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I think the oppositions are waiting for the rabbit hole to go a bit deeper before the non-confidence vote.

Anyone else think an election could be coming soon? Maybe this time next year as latest?
Not likely. The Cons don't even have a leader, and its highly unlikely the Cons double down on Scheer as a ticket to victory. If anyone is gonna call an election, its the Libs. Despite the controversy, their numbers are still up, which would potentially allow them to gain a majority.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #1759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Not likely. The Cons don't even have a leader, and its highly unlikely the Cons double down on Scheer as a ticket to victory. If anyone is gonna call an election, its the Libs. Despite the controversy, their numbers are still up, which would potentially allow them to gain a majority.

Pierre Poilievre wisely skipped this election cycle and is going to come in on the next one. Hes the best one to head up the Cons IMO.

Milkman Scheer's doughy ass was unsuitable for heading up the party of MacDonald. I don't see an obvious replacement for him though, but they could put a mop and a bucket on the stage and have a better chance than Scheer would.

My solution would be to get Jack Layton's DNA and bring him back Jurassic Park style. Jagmeet is a bright and charismatic guy but he appeals too far to the left and too much to the very very young voter (who won't go out and vote on election day) to make a dent with the NDP.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #1760
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Bill Morneau, our country's finance minister, couldn't keep track of his own family finance and only found out yesterday that he should have paid back WE $41K for some travel expenses back in 2017 ... hmmmmm.
And again, like his boss Turd, using the “I didn’t know” excuse.

The arrogance in the wording of his “apology” shows how much crooks like him actually give a fuck about public accountability. So gross.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #1761

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

The arrogance in the wording of his “apology” shows how much crooks like him actually give a fuck about public accountability. So gross.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:48 AM   #1762
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Telus and Virgin cut ties with We:

https://apple.news/AzoizLO9KTVKDgKEjROgtVw

BuT ItS NoT a ScAnDAl!!!
Old 07-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #1763

Quote:
Telus and Virgin cut ties with We:

https://apple.news/AzoizLO9KTVKDgKEjROgtVw

BuT ItS NoT a ScAnDAl!!!
No one cares.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #1764
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
And again, like his boss Turd, using the “I didn’t know” excuse.

i'm picturing him chuckling like rick martel...

i can't take the current scandal seriously so i can just post wwe stuff

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:38 AM   #1765

This is some welfare type shit. watch the video.

Quote:
The "Canadian Revolution" camp and its supporters tried to do a citizens' arrest of Trudeau for SNC Lavalin / treason / pedophilia or something again in Ottawa today.

It didn't go as planned.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d...justin-trudeau
Old 07-29-2020, 07:03 AM   #1766

The more these fringe wingers throw out the word "Pedophile" the less this term has real meaning.

Pedophile is being diluted from meaning "someone who has committed a heinous crime against children" to just "someone I don't like".

These fringe wingers care less about children and more about hurting people they don't like with outrageous accusations.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #1767

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
^Are these the same fringe wingers who label anyone who doesn't line up with their ideologies 100% as racists and Nazis?
Old 07-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #1768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
^Are these the same fringe wingers who label anyone who doesn't line up with their ideologies 100% as racists and Nazis?
How bad did your feeling get hurt when someone called you a racist?
Old 07-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Yeah man. They're on the left AND on the right. Thats why I didn't identify a specific part of the spectrum, even though this guy skews heavily to the right.

Racist, Pedophile, Nazi, Communist

All shit labels applied to opponents of people's opinions to dehumanize them and avoid having a productive discussion with someone who might challenge their beliefs.

Old 07-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #1770

JT could shoot a man in downtown toronto and still get elected.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...olls-1.5666287
Quote:
After soaring in the polls for months thanks to the government's handling of the pandemic, support for the federal Liberals is now taking a hit from the WE Charity controversy.

But that outbreak-induced polling surge has provided Prime Minister Justin Trudeau with a bit of a cushion — one that likely would still win him an election if one were held today.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:48 PM   #1771
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
For the life of me, I can't see how the federal gov's handling of the pandemic was any good. Except for freely handing out record amounts of free assistance money, the Liberals totally dropped the ball on early prevention, containment, and subsequent on-going measures to slow the pandemic despite clear signs from overseas as well as warnings from the locals. The Health Minister, Patty Hajdu, and chief public health officer, Theresa Tam, were especially disastrous in their handling of the pandemic. Among the almost 9000 lives that have been lost to COVID-19, a whole lot of them could have been saved had mandatory quarantine and/or border closure be put in place at the early stages of the outbreak, and widespread mask wearing be recommended.

Even the government assistance money came out in a piecemeal manner, where subsequent policies are only there to patch up oversights and stuff they missed out in the earlier policies, while still leaving certain things fall through.

It boils me up that despite all these failings, JT is still seeing strong public support...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:56 PM   #1772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
For the life of me, I can't see how the federal gov's handling of the pandemic was any good. Except for freely handing out record amounts of free assistance money, the Liberals totally dropped the ball on early prevention, containment, and subsequent on-going measures to slow the pandemic despite clear signs from overseas as well as warnings from the locals. The Health Minister, Patty Hajdu, and chief public health officer, Theresa Tam, were especially disastrous in their handling of the pandemic. Among the almost 9000 lives that have been lost to COVID-19, a whole lot of them could have been saved had mandatory quarantine and/or border closure be put in place at the early stages of the outbreak, and widespread mask wearing be recommended.

Even the government assistance money came out in a piecemeal manner, where subsequent policies are only there to patch up oversights and stuff they missed out in the earlier policies, while still leaving certain things fall through.

It boils me up that despite all these failings, JT is still seeing strong public support...
Only 9000 deaths. We have done better than most and we did the best out of the G7. None of the opposition parties or other provinces had any better ideas.

https://time.com/5851633/best-global...nses-covid-19/

Quote:
Canada (98,645 cases; 8,035 deaths)

The only entry from North America you’ll find on this list… and the responses between the Canadian and American federal governments to Coronavirus could not diverge more. Of course, this is not an entirely fair comparison, as healthcare systems and federalized powers differ between the two neighbors. Be that as it may, it’s hard not to conclude that Canada’s universal, publicly-funded approach to healthcare isn’t better suited for handling a global pandemic.

Even in things that are potentially comparable between the U.S. and Canada—say, public messaging coordination around the virus between health agencies and national and local governments, or monetary support of international efforts to cooperate on pandemic responses—Canada is faring much better. And a critical component of that has to do with not letting the pandemic response be seized by partisan politics, relying on science to guide the healthcare responses instead (it remains to be seen if the same will hold true for subsequent economic stimulus measures).

Some academics contend that it was Canada’s experience (and more specifically, its failures) with SARS almost 20 years ago that better prepared them for this current pandemic—that experience convinced many Canadians that the federal government has a critical role to play in health care, which before had been the responsibility of the provinces, and the country spent the last decade-plus finding ways to integrate the two. Combine that with significant fiscal and monetary measures taken by Canada (one of the richest countries in the world, and one that values social safety nets at that), those looking towards North America for global leadership in these trying times would probably do well to train their sights a little higher.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:27 PM   #1773

Quote:
Only 9000 deaths. We have done better than most and we did the best out of the G7. None of the opposition parties or other provinces had any better ideas.

https://time.com/5851633/best-global...nses-covid-19/
I'd hardly call finishing first among a bunch of losers as any sort of achievement. Esp when you take into account the signficant portion of Asians / Chinese / Taiwanese / Hong Kongers that live in Canada and their collective experience during SARS, Canada could have and should have done far better.

Richmond has the lowest COVID infection rates among all major Canadian municipalities, and this is no small coincidence given the large Chinese population there, and the precautionary measures as well as high alerts that they took upon themselves. There were calls to close the borders or quarantine incoming travellers. None were taken until it was too late.

For quite a long while, Tam was tooting every ridiculous claim that WHO fed to the World, when there were evidence abound that China was blantantly lying. More upsetting is the fact that Tam hailed from Hong Kong, so it was inconceivable that she was unaware of the general sentiments on the pandemic coming from the Hong Kong sources.

But that is how it is. People are happy that the federal gov bailed them out during the lockdown months. I am not denying that. I am just disappointed that Canadians failed to see the failures that could have been prevented.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:43 PM   #1774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I'd hardly call finishing first among a bunch of losers as any sort of achievement. Esp when you take into account the signficant portion of Asians / Chinese / Taiwanese / Hong Kongers that live in Canada and their collective experience during SARS, Canada could have and should have done far better.

Richmond has the lowest COVID infection rates among all major Canadian municipalities, and this is no small coincidence given the large Chinese population there, and the precautionary measures as well as high alerts that they took upon themselves. There were calls to close the borders or quarantine incoming travellers. None were taken until it was too late.

For quite a long while, Tam was tooting every ridiculous claim that WHO fed to the World, when there were evidence abound that China was blantantly lying. More upsetting is the fact that Tam hailed from Hong Kong, so it was inconceivable that she was unaware of the general sentiments on the pandemic coming from the Hong Kong sources.

But that is how it is. People are happy that the federal gov bailed them out during the lockdown months. I am not denying that. I am just disappointed that Canadians failed to see the failures that could have been prevented.

So which country do you think did better? Also which political party in Canada did the best?
Old 07-29-2020, 11:12 PM   #1775

Quote:
So which country do you think did better? Also which political party in Canada did the best?
Taiwan and Vietnam did the best, and they were able to do that because they did not blindly follow WHO's BS.

Also, if you think the Liberals won the last election, I'd say you're incorrect. Rather, it was the Cons that failed to take the win, and they have no one but themselves to blame.