REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #1851
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^ he got COVID 2 days ago
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #1852
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Based on almost all your posts on RS aside from political, you are 100% liberal.
I'm liberal in a sense that I support eradicating discrimination of any kind and support anyone in need. Everyone is equal in opportunity.

I strongly support and believe in the idea of self-discipline. If you want something, go and work toward it. If the environment or people around you are against you from achieving that, find a way and move. Don't just sit there and complain it's the system or it's the people. It's always YOU.

There are people out there who aren't capable of making it their own, so yes, we as a society all contribute so that these people can live a life with dignity. By that I mean to have programs to adapt everything, like work, living environment, study... etc so that their disadvantage (being developmental, mental, physical... etc) don't come in the way for they to do those things.

However, I am also strongly AGAINST any measures to just hand out money. That's not having dignity... that's having pitty.

CERB is somewhat different given the circumstances... but it's no longer time to talk about more subsidies, it's time to talk about government plans to get everything back to the new normal. How do we, as a society, can get the economy back on track while taking consideration of the pandemic. What assistance is key to bring works back?
Old 09-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #1853
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
is it me or does it feel this provincial election is moving at a quick pace? i signed up for mail in vote and it said votes need to be in by end of oct?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #1854
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I'm liberal in a sense that I support eradicating discrimination of any kind and support anyone in need. Everyone is equal in opportunity.

I strongly support and believe in the idea of self-discipline. If you want something, go and work toward it. If the environment or people around you are against you from achieving that, find a way and move. Don't just sit there and complain it's the system or it's the people. It's always YOU.

There are people out there who aren't capable of making it their own, so yes, we as a society all contribute so that these people can live a life with dignity. By that I mean to have programs to adapt everything, like work, living environment, study... etc so that their disadvantage (being developmental, mental, physical... etc) don't come in the way for they to do those things.

However, I am also strongly AGAINST any measures to just hand out money. That's not having dignity... that's having pitty.

CERB is somewhat different given the circumstances... but it's no longer time to talk about more subsidies, it's time to talk about government plans to get everything back to the new normal. How do we, as a society, can get the economy back on track while taking consideration of the pandemic. What assistance is key to bring works back?
For the fucking last time you are not a Liberal, you are a Libertarian. And a fucking poorly articulated one at that.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #1855
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
Ah, good ol' CivicBlues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #1856

If I were to be a libertarian, I’d oppose any government intervention, which I DON’T. Those ducked up lefties who want to defund the police are libertarians.

What I don’t agree is that liberals just hand out money instead of taking the time to understand what they need to live a life with less resistance from their struggles.

That’s why I turned conservative. Because at least with traditional values like family or religion, one can find some meaningful focus

And I despise lefties like Dems or Libs because they just take the easiest way to get votes. However, I don’t elect politicians so they can have an easy way out, but rather what’s right.

Obama had 8yrs, Trudeau had his time too and for all those years, they did nothing. China was taking jobs from American, and Canadians, they did nothing. Chinese RE speculators are pricing most regular Joes out of the city they were born and bred, they did nothing. BLM had its time under Obama and they did nothing.

Now they have the audacity to ask for change?

As fucked up as Trump is, at least the reps are doing something. Something that our future gen can benefit from. What do you get with lefty dems or libs? A lot of nice talk with 0 substance and a balloon of debt that out future gen is going to suffer from.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:51 PM   #1857
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Obama had 8yrs, Trudeau had his time too and for all those years, they did nothing. China was taking jobs from American, and Canadians, they did nothing. Chinese RE speculators are pricing most regular Joes out of the city they were born and bred, they did nothing.

That's the one thing that I like about Trump. As fucked up as he is, he's the one person who stands up against Chainah......... It's Chai Nah. Chai nah........
Everyone else does nothing and actually in bed with the CCP. It's really too bad he's such a tool.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2020, 10:30 PM   #1858
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
That's the one thing that I like about Trump. As fucked up as he is, he's the one person who stands up against Chainah......... It's Chai Nah. Chai nah........
Everyone else does nothing and actually in bed with the CCP. It's really too bad he's such a tool.
Stand-up to yes. For the right reasons? Questionable. With good results? Also questionable. Did he maybe stoke the fire even more? plausible.

One step in the right direction does not make up for the mile of missteps thus far. Sigh
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2020, 10:46 PM   #1859
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
What's wrong with China?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:57 PM   #1860
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
What's wrong with China?
There Chinese.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:20 AM   #1861
linguistic ninja

Quote:
If I were to be a libertarian, I’d oppose any government intervention, which I DON’T. Those ducked up lefties who want to defund the police are libertarians.

What I don’t agree is that liberals just hand out money instead of taking the time to understand what they need to live a life with less resistance from their struggles.

That’s why I turned conservative. Because at least with traditional values like family or religion, one can find some meaningful focus

And I despise lefties like Dems or Libs because they just take the easiest way to get votes. However, I don’t elect politicians so they can have an easy way out, but rather what’s right.

Obama had 8yrs, Trudeau had his time too and for all those years, they did nothing. China was taking jobs from American, and Canadians, they did nothing. Chinese RE speculators are pricing most regular Joes out of the city they were born and bred, they did nothing. BLM had its time under Obama and they did nothing.

Now they have the audacity to ask for change?

As fucked up as Trump is, at least the reps are doing something. Something that our future gen can benefit from. What do you get with lefty dems or libs? A lot of nice talk with 0 substance and a balloon of debt that out future gen is going to suffer from.
I see what your issue is now, you're just cherry-picking ideologies to fit your own beliefs and life situation. You want government intervention in free-markets when it suits you. You don't want government social programs because it doesn't benefit you. You're an opportunist, much like your hero Trump is.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
I see what your issue is now, you're just cherry-picking ideologies to fit your own beliefs and life situation. You want government intervention in free-markets when it suits you. You don't want government social programs because it doesn't benefit you. You're an opportunist, much like your hero Trump is.
Explain exactly what suits me that I'm picking?

My wife works with kids with developmental disabilities and I've volunteered my share of time to work with them.

What did the lib do to BC? Not even at fed level, just our prov gov't.

They prop up RE prices to fund pitty money campaign to those in need as way to BUY their freaking votes. I feel sad as a person who call GVR home not because what's happening to me... I live a modest and comfortable life, even though that comes from working my butts off. I'm talking about those around me, many who I call friends. They struggle between picking the place they want vs. how much gas they need to put in their car for commute. That's how fucked up our RE pricing is.

And now we have an election coming... the best campaign strategy libs can come up with? Removing the speculator tax.

Libs are all about sweettalking... let's help the poor, let's help the unfortunates... etc It's to address that GUILT that you have deep down being somewhat a privileged person.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #1863

BC libe say they will get rid of the PST for 1 year if elected.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7363825/b...6qDAsDNnkKPK-w

That will be a big pain in the ass for businesses reconfiguring tills etc.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:28 AM   #1864
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Hahahahaha what a stupid idea
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #1865
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
BC libe say they will get rid of the PST for 1 year if elected.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7363825/b...6qDAsDNnkKPK-w

That will be a big pain in the ass for businesses reconfiguring tills etc.
They're really throwing a Hail Mary out there

What's next, a free oz to all residents to drum up the lefty vote?

I love how he doesn't put forward what services would be cut to accommodate the budgetary shortfall of such a move.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
They're really throwing a Hail Mary out there

What's next, a free oz to all residents to drum up the lefty vote?

I love how he doesn't put forward what services would be cut to accommodate the budgetary shortfall of such a move.
This is a part where we can agree on. It's about being responsible. When we are doing things at gov't level, be it subsidies, tax cuts... etc. It's all about what the potential consequences that ensue.

If we are going to hand out money, we also have to have plan in place how to recoup those money from, instead of just leaving it for our future generation to worry about.

CoVid happened in our time... tough luck... it's OUR responsibility to take the consequences. Not doing something so that we can live ok, but our future gen would be miserable.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #1867
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
It was a stupid idea for NDP to eliminate tolls on Port Mann ... so pre-Covid, it became a parking lot during rush hours, less people taking transit ... got them some votes.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #1868
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
It was a stupid idea for NDP to eliminate tolls on Port Mann ... so pre-Covid, it became a parking lot during rush hours, less people taking transit ... got them some votes.
With a few years' worth of hindsight now, I would say the decision to eliminate Port Mann tolls wasn't as stupid as I had anticipated. Do you know what the Pattullo and the nearby area in NW was like when the Port Mann was still tolled? Along Royal, it starts to get busy at 2:30pm or so, and becomes jam packed all the way past Eight Street by 3:30pm

Tolling just the Port Mann doesn't work well enough because people will just find alternative routes that don't have tolls. If the Mayor's Council really wants to control / reduce vehicular traffic, they need to look at simultaneously tolling all bridges / crossings in Metro Vancouver. But of course, doing this while the COVID is still raging is a bad, bad, BAD idea.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #1869
linguistic ninja

The only way I would consider voting for Andrew Wilkinson's Liberals is if he puts the Massey Tunnel/Bridge replacement back on the table with all the previously planned upgrades to Hwy 99.

So far no word.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #1870
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
The only way I would consider voting for Andrew Wilkinson's Liberals is if he puts the Massey Tunnel/Bridge replacement back on the table with all the previously planned upgrades to Hwy 99.

So far no word.

I mean, with the PST cut proposal only lasting a year, and him only saying that the difference would by made up by cutting "not education and healthcare", I doubt that infrastructure is going to be high on the list unless he has some buddies lined up to tender the project for cheap.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #1871
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 25 Times in 14 Posts
The whole eliminating PST promise seems like a last ditch effort for some votes to win.

Seems like they're desperate now.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #1872
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,849 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
lol PST campaign carrot / stick

I'm still sour about the HST fiasco
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #1873

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
I'm still sour about the HST fiasco
Me too.

The associated accounting with often muddy definitions of what is and isn't PST applicable or when it's charged is such a fucking gong show.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:16 PM   #1874

Old 09-30-2020, 09:34 AM   #1875

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
With a few years' worth of hindsight now, I would say the decision to eliminate Port Mann tolls wasn't as stupid as I had anticipated. Do you know what the Pattullo and the nearby area in NW was like when the Port Mann was still tolled? Along Royal, it starts to get busy at 2:30pm or so, and becomes jam packed all the way past Eight Street by 3:30pm

Tolling just the Port Mann doesn't work well enough because people will just find alternative routes that don't have tolls. If the Mayor's Council really wants to control / reduce vehicular traffic, they need to look at simultaneously tolling all bridges / crossings in Metro Vancouver. But of course, doing this while the COVID is still raging is a bad, bad, BAD idea.
I agree totally, toll all crossings or none and make the toll much smaller across the board. To be fair I'm not one of the people being hit hard by tolls either, I probably paid it 20 times on either Golden Ears or Port Mann when they were in place.

The PST thing is weird, not sure this is the right time to be cutting that.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: