REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:29 PM   #2401
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,913 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Jason kenney: no more restrictions and no more health measures for covid.
Also Jason kenney: HoW dArE yoU EndAnGer Us HavIng AaN eLecTion DuRinG A PaNdEmiC?!
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2021, 06:11 PM   #2402
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
What a bunch of clowns. You think the law and order cons would know about copyright law.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8118632/w...tives-twitter/
Quote:
Twitter pulls Conservatives’ ‘Willy Wonka’ attack ad on Trudeau due to copyright

Oompa loompa doopety da.

If you respect copyright, then you will go far.

Twitter says it has pulled a Conservative Party attack ad against Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau from its platform after the studio behind Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory complained that a scene from its 1971 film had been used without permission.

The video posted by the official CPC account shows Trudeau’s face superimposed over that of Veruca Salt, the spoiled child who sings “I want it now” before things go awry for her in Wonka’s temptation-filled chocolate factory.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:01 PM   #2403

Conservative Party
@CPC_HQ
Canada's Recovery Plan will secure the future for you, your children and their children. Flag of Canada #SecureTheFuture

seems similar to this:

Quote:
14 Words is a code term to the white supremacist slogan "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." Since their first appearance, the numbers 14 and 88, have had great symbolic importance to white supremacist groups. 1488 is a combination of the 14 words and 88, a numerical code for "HH" or "Heil Hitler," because "H" is the eighth letter in the English alphabet.
Quote:
Canada's Recovery Plan will secure the future for you, your children and their children
is 14 words.

Quote:
Canada's Recovery Plan will secure the future for you, your children and their children. Flag of Canada #SecureTheFuture
is 88 letters.

Last edited by Manic!; 08-17-2021 at 11:23 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-18-2021, 05:47 AM   #2404

Ok easy there Jim Carrey. You can find a connection to anything if you look hard enough.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2021, 09:33 AM   #2405
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Conservative Party
@CPC_HQ

is 14 words.

is 88 letters.
You're doing it again ... being a stupid idiot. I thought I pointed that out once already.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2021, 09:43 AM   #2406
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Hey Cons, the Simpsons Did It!

Quote:
Canada's Recovery Plan will secure the future for you, your children and their children....For 3 months!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:48 AM   #2407
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Can one of these parties just get their shit together so we have some alternative to Trudeau? Or at least to challenge the Liberals to put together a more balanced platform... It's not like he's got extremely high approval ratings.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:57 AM   #2408
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
So the NDP rejects the liberals plan for a bridge to replace the Massey tunnel, a bridge they already spent 100 mill on pre-loading and designing. This bridge would have already been in service today.

Now the NDP seemingly rejects the bridge simply because it was the liberals bridge, opts to build another fucking tunnel essentially only adding 1 lane each way, and it’s going to cost over a BILLION MORE than the liberals plan?

Hahahah Jesus ducking Christ, politics are such a fucking jokeeeee…

Anyone who lives on the wrong side of the tunnel should be livid as these actions made Ladner, etc. One of the least desirable areas of the LM imo.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 08-18-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Ok easy there Jim Carrey. You can find a connection to anything if you look hard enough.
Ya it looks crazy but you got people who follow bakers that claim they are decoding tweets from a white house insider.
Old 08-18-2021, 01:39 PM   #2410
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,122 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So the NDP rejects the liberals plan for a bridge to replace the Massey tunnel, a bridge they already spent 100 mill on pre-loading and designing. This tunnel would have already been in service today.

Now the NDP seemingly rejects the bridge simply because it was the liberals bridge, opts to build another fucking tunnel essentially only adding 1 lane each way, and it’s going to cost over a BILLION MORE than the liberals plan?

Hahahah Jesus ducking Christ, politics are such a fucking jokeeeee…

Anyone who lives on the wrong side of the tunnel should be livid as these actions made Ladner, etc. One of the least desirable areas of the LM imo.
No skin in the game for all of them. They just want to spend money for the sake of spending it and take credit for it.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:14 PM   #2411
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
You're doing it again ... being a stupid idiot. I thought I pointed that out once already.
This made me laugh out loud. I proved him to be lying and/or wrong more than a dozen times in this thread during past election cycles. Does anyone actually read Manic's posts any more? He's the most worthless 'contributor' here if you can even call him that, and should be banned from this thread for all the total bullshit he posts. What ridiculous conspiracy theory about the Conservative Party did he post this time?

Spoiler!
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #2412

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/pol...1_5553045.html

Quote:

OTTAWA -- Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole is promising to protect the right of health care professionals to refuse to provide or even refer patients for medical services to which they have moral or religious objections.

The promise to protect conscience rights -- a measure championed by social conservatives who maintain doctors and nurses should not have to refer patients for services like abortion, medical assistance in dying or gender re-assignment surgery -- is included in the Conservatives' election platform.

The platform was released this week by O'Toole even as he tries to differentiate himself from his predecessor, Andrew Scheer, whose socially conservative views on abortion and LGBTQ rights arguably cost the Conservatives the 2019 election.

Election Dispatch: Sign up for a daily update on the campaign

"The Conservative Party has not always been clear about its position on social issues," O'Toole acknowledged in a speech Wednesday evening in Quebec, where suspicion of social conservatism runs high.

"I want to be very clear with you. I am pro-choice and I've always been pro-choice."

But the platform's promise to protect conscience rights reflects the circle O'Toole is attempting to square as he tries to broaden his party's appeal without losing the support of social conservatives, who were crucial to his winning leadership bid and who make up a significant chunk of his caucus and his party's base.

It states simply: "We will protect the conscience rights of health care professionals."
Quote:
During a 2019 Ontario court case, services to which various doctors' groups and individual physicians said they would object included abortion, contraception, tubal ligations, vasectomies, infertility treatment, prescription of erectile dysfunction medication and gender re-assignment surgery, as well as assisted dying.

Quote:
The platform also promises that a Conservative government "will not support any legislation to regulate abortion."

However, O'Toole has been clear that he won't try to stop Conservative MPs from proposing their own private member's bills to restrict abortion and can vote as they please on them. In June, a majority of his caucus supported such a bill to ban sex-selective abortions.
Not only will cons let doctors refuse medical service based on moral or religious grounds they can also refuse to refer you to another doctor.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:38 AM   #2413

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/01...TUDZEWZTw2f39U
Quote:
TORONTO ― An Ipsos poll released today found that 100% of voters who identified themselves as having voted Liberal in the last federal election had strategically voted that way.

Of the 2400 participants, weighted to represent the demographics of Liberal voters, every single one responded that the party with which their personal policies were best aligned was the NDP, but maintained they had never “been stupid enough” to vote for them.

“These findings clearly show that believing you are wasting your vote by voting NDP is a self-fulfilling prophecy,” said study author and self-described reluctant Liberal Percy Arthur. “And also that 33% of Canadian voters are snivelling cowards.”

A childhood friend of Justin Trudeau, speaking on condition of anonymity, informed the press soon after the study’s release that the prime minister had once considered running as a New Democrat, before deciding that the Liberals offered better career prospects.

Some voters expressed frustration upon discovering that they could have had Jagmeet Singh as prime minister, but others are heartened by the findings. Liberal voter Robin Lee said she had always believed that the Liberals were the best Canada could do.

“Now, when I die in a heatwave brought on by global warming, I’ll do so secure in the knowledge that we could easily have solved the Indigenous water crisis, taken decisive action on climate change, and strengthened human rights if we had only tried,” she declared. “Thinking about that gives me a warm feeling of hope… or maybe that’s the greenhouse effect.”

At press time, the most recent national poll showed that the Liberals were up three poi
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #2414

Erin O'Toole came out and declared he is pro choice.

JT then challenged and said, 'Pro Choice doesn't mean the Dr's get to choose to do an abortion or not (conscience clause) but it means the woman has the right to choose.'

The current status quo is that Dr's can opt for the conscience clause and simply make a referral. I think most/majority of Dr's prefer a conscience clause. JT might have just made a huge blunder.
Old 08-19-2021, 11:53 PM   #2415

Quote:
Erin O'Toole came out and declared he is pro choice.

JT then challenged and said, 'Pro Choice doesn't mean the Dr's get to choose to do an abortion or not (conscience clause) but it means the woman has the right to choose.'

The current status quo is that Dr's can opt for the conscience clause and simply make a referral. I think most/majority of Dr's prefer a conscience clause. JT might have just made a huge blunder.
Quote:
Erin O'Toole is promising to protect the right of health care professionals to refuse to provide or even refer patients for medical services to which they have moral or religious objections.
I don't want my health care to depend on a person's moral or religious beliefs.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:21 AM   #2416

Quote:
Commissioner David Johnston has invited the leaders of five political parties to participate in the upcoming leaders' debates taking place at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, Québec on Wednesday, September 8 (French) and Thursday, September 9 (English).

The Leaders' Debates Commission based the decision on the participation criteria set on June 22, 2021.

Leaders of the following political parties are invited to participate in both debates:

Bloc Québécois
Conservative Party of Canada
Green Party of Canada
Liberal Party of Canada
New Democratic Party

Look who's missing.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:23 AM   #2417
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,194 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Pretty certain that's based on the lack of French fluency.. Which I personally think is a ridiculous requirement at this point.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Pretty certain that's based on the lack of French fluency.. Which I personally think is a ridiculous requirement at this point.
He is from Quebec.

It's based on poll numbers.

Quote:
In order to be invited to participate in the leaders' debates, the Commissioner decided that a leader of a political party had to meet one of the following criteria:

Criterion (i): on the date the general election is called, the party is represented in the House of Commons by a Member of Parliament who was elected as a member of that party; or
Criterion (ii): the party's candidates for the most recent general election received at that election at least 4% of the number of valid votes cast; or
Criterion (iii): five days after the date the general election is called, the party receives a level of national support of at least 4%, determined by voting intention, and as measured by leading national public opinion polling organizations, using the average of those organizations' most recently publicly-reported results.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #2419

Man..fuck Trudeau and Horgan. There should be a legislation about these snap elections and costing taxpayers millions.

This upcoming federal election is going to cost half a billion at least. Think how useful this money can be for people who are struggling during this pandemic.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #2420
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
^ well the way things are trending it’s hopefully gonna bite Trudeau in the ass.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:34 PM   #2421
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,194 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Jesus, how the fuck can an election as short as what we run in Canada, end up costing half a billion? That's insane.

Makes you wonder how expensive American elections are, given they seem to run 2 goddamn years in terms of length.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:41 PM   #2422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
^ well the way things are trending it’s hopefully gonna bite Trudeau in the ass.
I hope so too but I have a feeling it's going to end up being the same minority government with it being either liberal or conservatives running the country. We're too divided politically.

So we're spending money to get basically the same shit at the end. Hear these assholes how they're going to spend taxpayer's money like it's never going to run out.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #2423
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
I'm sick of being a "responsible citizen" and having to deal with constant elections here in Vancouver. I know technically we now have fixed election dates but it means shit all if we don't actually stick to them like in the States.

2018- Vancouver Municipal
2019- Federal
2020- Provincial
2021 - Federal Again!

Low turnout for municipal elections would probably shoot up if we combined them with Provincial ones.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:47 PM   #2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I hope so too but I have a feeling it's going to end up being the same minority government with it being either liberal or conservatives running the country. We're too divided politically.

So we're spending money to get basically the same shit at the end. Hear these assholes how they're going to spend taxpayer's money like it's never going to run out.
This is what I'm hoping for and crossing my fingers that the Libs will see what an entitled pompous leader JT is and enough people will turf him for calling the election and getting the same damn result = wasting energy and half a billion dollars!

I want to see Libs win with a slimmer minority government. Cons gain some seats, NDP gains some seats and JT will look like he lost.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2021, 07:28 PM   #2425
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
This is what I'm hoping for and crossing my fingers that the Libs will see what an entitled pompous leader JT is and enough people will turf him for calling the election and getting the same damn result = wasting energy and half a billion dollars!

I want to see Libs win with a slimmer minority government. Cons gain some seats, NDP gains some seats and JT will look like he lost.
I'm with you there. What a complete fucking waste of time.

Parties who call snap elections on nothing else than to ride on their "popularity" (aka. greed) should be punished IMO.