REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:58 PM   #2426
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,913 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Sucks we don't have a viable option. I'll admit the cons financial aspirations are appealing, however, I can not back a party that will not stand up to freedom of choice, sexuality, and encourage diversity as a platform. Also, the axing of the libs childcare bill is absurd.
Social conservatism has no place in Canada.
(yes I understand Erin O Toole is not an example of those issues, but he has explicitly said he will not make his MPs fall in line with that)
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2021, 09:31 PM   #2427
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
The debate would be fantastic

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:07 AM   #2428
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
https://theprovince.com/news/politic...5-9e6bbe515ee3

JT - Everyone come to Canada! Great place to live!!!

Also JT - Damn, Conservatives released their platform almost a week ago and it included banning foreign ownership for 2 years which seems to be impressing people under 40 who are struggling to buy a place do to the massive increase of housing prices which we let soar.... let's just copy the conservatives and see how it goes.

Isn't that the same tactic Christy Clark tried to use in 2017 which backfired on her? It's a tad bit too little too late. Sounds like he's being desperate and will do anything for votes now.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 06:25 AM   #2429
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The debate would be fantastic

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #2430
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ yah, really surprised about Libs stance on home foreign ownership. That's a pretty big 180.

I dunno, it feels like JT and libs are stumbling since the election was called.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:31 AM   #2431
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Harper called a snap election in 2008 breaking his own fixed-date election law. He got a second minority government.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:07 PM   #2432
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,164 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 333 Times in 67 Posts
Trudeau Chased Out of Neighbourhood by Angry Crowd
https://brightlightnews.com/breaking...y-angry-crowd/
Old 08-25-2021, 03:40 PM   #2433
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
The guy is such a knob. Literally every neighborhood he’s stopped at in BC now getting heckled non-stop.

Today on the radio he was on the jas johal show and jas called him out saying he has this bright idea to give loans to people to buy homes all the while home prices have gone up 400% in the 6 years of his liberal govt.

His answer, in stereotypical fashion couldn’t have been more vague/generic and he simply threw the words “lower mainland” into a statement that could apply to anywhere Canada.

Thankfully it seems people are coming to their senses and we will get a minority.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:09 PM   #2434
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,194 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
^Those people booing him out seem like knuckle draggers though.

"We don't want you in Surrey"

Pal, no one wants to be there either
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:50 AM   #2435
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Failed 807 Times in 194 Posts
im honestly surprised with how rough this election is going for JT

the question is if the NDP grab on to the coat tails of Libs or Cons....they got some major heat for liberals
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 08:51 AM   #2436

His MP calling the taliban “our brothers”

Love it.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #2437
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
I gotta say I'm surprised too, but it is certainly a pleasant surprise lol~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
im honestly surprised with how rough this election is going for JT

the question is if the NDP grab on to the coat tails of Libs or Cons....they got some major heat for liberals
According to the news, polls are showing the Cons are capitalizing on the Libs' waning popularity more than the NDP, but NDP is set for their 2nd highest record support too.

I wonder if O'Toole's refusal to mandate vaccine for certain professions is actually paying off for him LOL~
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #2438

Liberal leader JT promises affordable housing while his members are flipping houses?

https://thepostmillennial.com/libera...gWyqnoivPyZj1g
Old 08-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #2439
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
There is NO solution for affordable housing after its already gone to shit, do you crater the housing market somehow and destroy everyone’s investment and create a debt crisis where people owe like 5x more than their place is worth and they all walk away or declare bankruptcy so that a bunch of renting people and kids can buy in?

Fucking stupid argument. I have sympathy for people in Van and Tor but the writing has been on the wall for years and the feds did nothing in the 90’s to stop this from happening by banning foreign ownership entirely like many other countries do or whatever other limitations could have been dreamt up at the time.

The answer now is literally live where you can afford to. Heartless but that’s nobody’s fault but the federal government way back when not heading this off.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #2440
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
His MP calling the taliban “our brothers”
This after Trudeau said his "expectation and demand of the Taliban is that they permit an end of violence and hostilities and restore order for those who want to leave Afghanistan." These terrorists killed over 150 Canadians and maimed thousands more. Yeah, expect them to end violence. This guy is such a fucking moron it's beyond comprehension.

Canadian intelligence knew what was coming months ago and Trudeau did nothing. He acted at the 13th hour to get the RCAF and CANSOFCOM in to Kabul to get remaining Canadians, embassy staff, allies, and assets out. Our guys had to go outside the 'secured' airport to extract people. Just two days ago Trudeau said Canada was willing to stay beyond the 31 Aug deadline the Taliban have set to ensure we evacuate everyone. Ooooo so dEmAnDiNg Justin, allowing the Taliban to set a deadline FOR US But today the Gov snap pulled everyone out leaving thousands of Afghan's who helped Canadians behind to die. These people undoubtedly saved the lives of many of our people and Trudeau abandoned them. The Gov dragged ass on their applications for visas for years, the Taliban retook the country, and Trudeau didn't have the stomach to do what was right even after his own negligence slapped him in the face.

Pathetic, disgusting, unconscionable. And it's on our Prime Idiot. He and his cabinet need to be flushed down the toilet where they belong.

Last edited by JDął; 08-26-2021 at 09:51 AM.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:53 AM   #2441
Performance Moderator

I’m unhappy too…

But do you think O’Toole would have done it different?

They’re all a bunch of spineless sleazebags….
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 09:58 AM   #2442

Lol. I’m sure there are more than a few politicians in every party guilty of home flipping and speculation.
It’s a generational issue, and a class issue, not limited to anyone from any political party.
We are represented by a bunch of boomers and gen x in every party which have benefitted from the housing crisis more than anyone. Same as the BC liberal gravy train that crusty Clark was so involved in.
Either way looks like we will be heading to a conservative minority and it will be 4 more years of the same shit with a little more overt xenophobia, a little less promises for change and the middle class continuing to get fucked while the wealthy stack cash.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-26-2021, 10:02 AM   #2443
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I’m unhappy too…

But do you think O’Toole would have done it different?

They’re all a bunch of spineless sleazebags….
They may be, but when it comes to O'Toole honestly yes I think he would have done it differently. He served five years in the reg force (plus his RMC and reserve time) so he at least "gets it". I don't believe he could have done it this badly.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #2444

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Lol. I’m sure there are more than a few politicians in every party guilty of home flipping and speculation.
It’s a generational issue, and a class issue, not limited to anyone from any political party.
We are represented by a bunch of boomers and gen x in every party which have benefitted from the housing crisis more than anyone. Same as the BC liberal gravy train that crusty Clark was so involved in.
Either way looks like we will be heading to a conservative minority and it will be 4 more years of the same shit with a little more overt xenophobia, a little less promises for change and the middle class continuing to get fucked while the wealthy stack cash.
As I said before, this is the state we’re at in Canadian politics.

You just accept the people in charge are sacks of shit regardless of party and kind of shrug your shoulders and carry on. Would be nice if citizens actually stood up against this shit for once. The attitude of “other people in other parties are probably doing it so who cares”

The problem is you get a group together who actually care about things but they are instantly labeled as right wing nut jobs etc. Rather than just people who are trying to hold people accountable. If there is a group of 100 people calling for change and accountability it’s somthing I’m not likely to participate in. But if 10,000 people start calling the govt. on their bullshit, I’d probably join in

Last edited by Hondaracer; 08-26-2021 at 10:19 AM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:20 AM   #2445
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Man, I really want to get to a point where instead of not voting for which candidate is the worst, we get to choose between two good candidates and vote for the best.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #2446

Yea..I have to begrudgingly vote for crook Jenny Kwan because I have to strategically vote in order to get the results I want.. pretty gross.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:28 AM   #2447
Performance Moderator

I’m kind of in a crux too cuz I don’t like the Conservative party, but the rep in my area of a Richmond seems to be a legitimate and hard working guy, he’s always reaching out asking if there’s anything he can do.

So I feel like I have to vote for him as my local rep even though I don’t like his federal party? Weird.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #2448
RS controls my life!

Failed 62 Times in 18 Posts
This election is totally backfiring for liberals and JT. NDP and conservatives are persistently on the offensive while liberals are having to defend constantly with Freeland getting tagged with manipulative media by Twitter, news of JT asking party members for “big ideas” AFTER calling for an election, both opposition parties trashing liberals for calling an election for no good reason during afghanistan and covid crisis, liberals following conservatives idea of banning foreign ownership etc. I’m contemplating between NDP or conservatives. I’d be happy either way. Personally, I won’t be richer under NDP but I think we will be in a better place overall as a society. If you’re down to pay more taxes, why not give NDP a shot and send a wake-up call to the liberals.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #2449
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Is it me or is it this election ... it feels like every party is throwing money around left and right more than ever. Even Cons are promising doling out money it seems!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:38 AM   #2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
As I said before, this is the state we’re at in Canadian politics.

You just accept the people in charge are sacks of shit regardless of party and kind of shrug your shoulders and carry on. Would be nice if citizens actually stood up against this shit for once. The attitude of “other people in other parties are probably doing it so who cares”

The problem is you get a group together who actually care about things but they are instantly labeled as right wing nut jobs etc. Rather than just people who are trying to hold people accountable. If there is a group of 100 people calling for change and accountability it’s somthing I’m not likely to participate in. But if 10,000 people start calling the govt. on their bullshit, I’d probably join in
Standing up against something by voting for someone that does the same thing isn’t really holding anyone accountable. I’m just gonna vote for the party that has platforms that align with my beliefs, unfortunately knowing they are all shit. I’m not quite sure how anyone expects anything different.
Like I said before, I’ve never in my adult life been less interested in voting.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: