REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfarmer View Post
When the NDP was last voted out of power in 2001, following a stunning trail of scandals, the issue that galvanized public opinion against them was speed cameras. The Liberals made it one of the key promises of their campaign that they would eliminate the speed camera vans as soon as they were elected, a promise they kept. And voila, 16 years in power for the provincial liberals!

Now keep in mind that I'm not a highly paid professional political strategist but if I were advising the provincial Liberal party, I'd suggest they just got handed a winning issue. Even better, the NDP have done this early enough in their term for it to really piss off a lot of people in the lower mainland.

Anyone thinking that the limit is going to be set a reasonable amount above the speed limit is dreaming. Witness what's been done recently, roads on which speed limits had been increased have had their speed limits decreased again, when the data showed that the vast majority of accidents on those roads were for factors other than speed.
The three sections on my commute were lowered even though they had all been upgraded with meridian barriers and had intersections removed AFTER the speed limit had been increased several years ago.

So, it was safer than it was when the speed limit was originally increased, but they decreased it again anyways.
Advertisement
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,664 Times in 575 Posts
Failed 50 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfarmer View Post
When the NDP was last voted out of power in 2001, following a stunning trail of scandals, the issue that galvanized public opinion against them was speed cameras. The Liberals made it one of the key promises of their campaign that they would eliminate the speed camera vans as soon as they were elected, a promise they kept. And voila, 16 years in power for the provincial liberals!

Now keep in mind that I'm not a highly paid professional political strategist but if I were advising the provincial Liberal party, I'd suggest they just got handed a winning issue. Even better, the NDP have done this early enough in their term for it to really piss off a lot of people in the lower mainland.

Anyone thinking that the limit is going to be set a reasonable amount above the speed limit is dreaming. Witness what's been done recently, roads on which speed limits had been increased have had their speed limits decreased again, when the data showed that the vast majority of accidents on those roads were for factors other than speed.
winning issue? liberals fucced icbc and crusty clark hates public education and loves foreign investors, i dont think liberals will win a majority next election.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #28
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,580 Times in 2,658 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
winning issue? liberals fucced icbc and crusty clark hates public education and loves foreign investors, i dont think liberals will win a majority next election.
There have been political analysis suggesting that Horgan would like to call an election early, and with good reason. The Liberals' Wilkinson is as detached from reality a leader as the NDP can hope, and while the public is starting to get pissed off by high gas prices as well as losing patience with the repeated ICBC rate hikes (never mind that the ICBC fee structure so far is still largely a Liberals legacy), the voting public still remembers enough of the shxt that the Liberals have brought us.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:16 AM   #29
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 13 Times in 10 Posts
Agreed, I'm no Liberal party fan-boy, it's infuriating that they treated ICBC's coffers (of OUR money) as a general revenue piggy bank for years when ICBC was doing well. All I'm saying is that the NDP have handed them an easy campaign message. Saying "We'll get rid of speed cameras!" is NOT a policy platform on which anyone can run a government, but it's a message that would appeal to the angry masses during an election cycle. Vancouver is a fairly "green" city but people seem pretty pissed off about some non-green things right now (gas prices etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
snowfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,763 Times in 2,315 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
There have been political analysis suggesting that Horgan would like to call an election early, and with good reason. The Liberals' Wilkinson is as detached from reality a leader as the NDP can hope, and while the public is starting to get pissed off by high gas prices as well as losing patience with the repeated ICBC rate hikes (never mind that the ICBC fee structure so far is still largely a Liberals legacy), the voting public still remembers enough of the shxt that the Liberals have brought us.
The problem you have is regardless of what the liberals did, the liberals have a better track record of financial stability and awareness than the NDP.

Just look at what the NDP is doing with budgets right now, they aren't reducing costs, but they are incurring more debt to pay for the money they are spending, if anyone thinks thats different or better than raping ICBC for money, your dreaming. Our government simply overspends, they need to look at cutting the things they spend money on and balancing our budget, and no politician wants to do that, cause they think it is unpolpular and they wont get elected again, so they keep making expensive promises and finding new and creative ways to rape our wallets to pay for them.

I would gladly vote for a politician who seems earnestly interested in balancing the budget and bringing BC back down to earth. Doesn't matter which party they are from.

Unfortunately Horgan is not that guy, and the other changes he's making are not for me either, so he's out.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #31
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
Little update
https://globalnews.ca/news/5261312/g...Twitter&utm_so
Whatheshrek is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #32
HELP ME PLS!!!

Failed 40 Times in 26 Posts
I'm OK with 30 k/mh over. Even better if it caught those kids with no fucks given doing 100 km/h on city roads.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #33
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,962 Times in 2,585 Posts
Failed 103 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Oh look, black paint is on sale at Home Depot, next week.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #34
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
In UK, they set them on fire.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2019, 10:16 PM   #35
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 14 Times in 3 Posts
What would the penalty be for say, putting a piece of black construction paper over the lenses without actually damaging it?
My friend asked me to ask...
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,862 Times in 3,920 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
no different than the guy gaming TREO tolls with a flipper license plate

they'll probably spin it with some safety angle that you're tampering sensitive equipment and slap you with $10k+ fine
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:20 AM   #37
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,374 Times in 3,719 Posts
Failed 474 Times in 238 Posts
they'll charge you with some shit or another and then you'll probably have criminal record. dont do it.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #38
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
They're setting the limit at 30kmh over.
That's pretty reasonable to me. After seeing yet another smashed C-Lai driven Benz in Langley yesterday at a major intersection, I'm completely okay with this. There are far too many people living here now, who have far too little respect for the other drivers on the road.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #39
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
They're setting the limit at 30kmh over.
That's pretty reasonable to me. After seeing yet another smashed C-Lai driven Benz in Langley yesterday at a major intersection, I'm completely okay with this. There are far too many people living here now, who have far too little respect for the other drivers on the road.
They should put them on Knight Street bridge and 2 Road bridge. So many people bomb over the those bridges like it's the Mission drag strip.

Going into work this morning at 5:30am and 2 cars passed me like I was standing still on the Knight Street bridge, swerving in between the few cars that were on it.
stump is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump View Post
They should put them on Knight Street bridge and 2 Road bridge. So many people bomb over the those bridges like it's the Mission drag strip.

Going into work this morning at 5:30am and 2 cars passed me like I was standing still on the Knight Street bridge, swerving in between the few cars that were on it.
They already have the better cash cow by setting up a speed trap at the southbound entry to Knight Bridge. Cars are coming down the hill, and they tag the ones going anything faster than 60.

I mean, come on, man? I don't encourage speeding on the street, but you gotta be reasonable.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #41

fishing holes don't operate at 5:30am though
Old 05-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #42
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,763 Times in 2,315 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
If you guys think it's going to be 30km/h over, your on drugs. I'd hedge my bets on that number coming all the way down to 10 over within the first year of the camera's introduction.

You all really need to stick to your guns and not allow this to come back, otherwise we aren't going to be able to get rid of them a second time.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,294 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
who wants to experiment with blocked license plates lol

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #44
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevernickname View Post
"In order to discourage speeding at any of these intersections, the provincial government and local police will not be sharing the speed threshold that triggers the new cameras."

Hmm..
went to traffic court for speeding. according to judge BC threshold is 19km/hr over posted speed km. so if you do 50 in a 30 zone, SOL, but if you do 48, you ok - technically speaking.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #45
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
went to traffic court for speeding. according to judge BC threshold is 19km/hr over posted speed km. so if you do 50 in a 30 zone, SOL, but if you do 48, you ok - technically speaking.
Appeciate the information!
Whatheshrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #46
HELP ME PLS!!!

Failed 40 Times in 26 Posts
Well fellas, when's the next election?
Old 05-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #47
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,059 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Aren't the only 30 zones for schools? If someone's doing 50 through an intersection in a school zone they're not getting much sympathy.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2019, 12:52 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Aren't the only 30 zones for schools? If someone's doing 50 through an intersection in a school zone they're not getting much sympathy.
School zones and playground areas, but they have to have a [30km/h] sign displayed. 8 - 5pm for school zones. Dawn to dusk for playground areas. But if there is no sign, it's 50km/h and you're supposed to be just on caution.

https://www.icbc.com/driver-licensin...s/drivers3.pdf
Old 05-15-2019, 12:14 AM   #49
I am on the internets

Failed 129 Times in 31 Posts
go vote.
seriously.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:45 AM   #50

i'm ok with driving under 70kph through intersections, something directly under one's control, if it means housing in the region continues to be less fucked up

can't have cake and eat it too...we all knew removing tolls would have streams shifted elsewhere

would somebody please get a handle on the icbc crisis though ffs