REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 02-20-2022, 10:11 PM   #551
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,202 Times in 8,393 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
100% this will be PS5 exclusive
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:06 AM   #552
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts

IMO might be repetitive once you figure out the weak points, but trying to bring something new to the table.

not sure why they they announced PS5 Exclusive when PC get's a same date launch. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ostwire_Tokyo/
Old 02-21-2022, 11:48 AM   #553

Thanked 5,206 Times in 1,978 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Raytracing mode isn't worth it, too choppy.

So many times I'm playing this damn game, and I'm blown away of how beautiful it is.

People shitted on CDPR for the game's bugs without understanding the game's complexity. The city is massive, to make it work in an open world takes a shit ton of coding, things can go wrong.

With its verticality, it's easily the largest open world cities I've seen in a game, not an easy feat to code such a game without bugs, especially when needing to have the game work on last-gen consoles.

Had you told me I'd be playing a game like this on a console back in the days when I was building computers to play games like Deus Ex 1, I would never have believed you.

Truly amazing stuff.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2022, 12:01 PM   #554

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Cyberpunk really doesn't look like my kind of game but it's on sale for $30 right now so it's tempting
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2022, 12:07 PM   #555
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Yea I kind of had the same feeling last night when I hopped on and stepped outside of V’s apartment, the scope and scale of the city and how nice everything looks, I remember playing games like EverQuest etc. thinking those games looked pretty good lol..

The one thing I’ll say that I kinda feel is lacking with CP2077 coming from just playing the shit out of Red Dead 2 is how amazing rockstar is at creating a living/engaging environment. Every single NPC in red dead will react to you, talk to you, track you as you move around, if you bump into them they will say different phrases until they become aggressive etc. it’s very impressive. While CP the world feels a little less engaging with most of the store fronts and NPC’s just kind of doing their own thing
Old 02-21-2022, 01:44 PM   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
100% this will be PS5 exclusive
Care to explain the fail Honda?
Old 02-21-2022, 01:45 PM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Raytracing mode isn't worth it, too choppy.

So many times I'm playing this damn game, and I'm blown away of how beautiful it is.

People shitted on CDPR for the game's bugs without understanding the game's complexity. The city is massive, to make it work in an open world takes a shit ton of coding, things can go wrong.

With its verticality, it's easily the largest open world cities I've seen in a game, not an easy feat to code such a game without bugs, especially when needing to have the game work on last-gen consoles.

Had you told me I'd be playing a game like this on a console back in the days when I was building computers to play games like Deus Ex 1, I would never have believed you.

Truly amazing stuff.
The only issue with the game now is that it should have come out last week instead of 2020. This 1.5 patch should have been its 1.0
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2022, 02:23 PM   #558
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Care to explain the fail Honda?
Sorry, it was a hiccup trying to scroll down, I didn’t see the fail until you mentioned it here
Old 02-22-2022, 09:12 PM   #559

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
As someone who buys discs, is there a PS5 disc version of Cp2077 coming out at some point?

I don't want to buy the PS4 disc and then "update" it.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:48 AM   #560
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
As someone who buys discs, is there a PS5 disc version of Cp2077 coming out at some point?

I don't want to buy the PS4 disc and then "update" it.
I think it was in the pipeline. I just bought the cheapest one I could find a few months ago on Craigslist expecting this upgrade.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:49 PM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea I kind of had the same feeling last night when I hopped on and stepped outside of V’s apartment, the scope and scale of the city and how nice everything looks, I remember playing games like EverQuest etc. thinking those games looked pretty good lol..

The one thing I’ll say that I kinda feel is lacking with CP2077 coming from just playing the shit out of Red Dead 2 is how amazing rockstar is at creating a living/engaging environment. Every single NPC in red dead will react to you, talk to you, track you as you move around, if you bump into them they will say different phrases until they become aggressive etc. it’s very impressive. While CP the world feels a little less engaging with most of the store fronts and NPC’s just kind of doing their own thing
That is true. For such a beautiful world, it's fucking dead at the same time

CDPR has never been good at coding a living open world, even Witcher 3 was crap in that regard to NPCs.

the reality is Rockstar has been designing open worlds for a LONG time, they've mastered it down to an art.

Also helps that they have literally quadruple the budget and dev team for their games.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 06:09 PM   #562

Yeah and Rockstar can spend 10 years making one game now lol

In other news Elden Ring is getting very positive reviews, still undecided if that's a game I want to try out given the other games they are known for.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:56 PM   #563

HUGE positive reviews, but it's important to remember that this is absolutely a Souls game, and ifyou really don't like them, you will absolutely have the same issues.

If the idea of fighting one boss for 2 hours sounds awful to you, skip it. Or MAYBE you'll come around and find the fun in it

Here's a couple reviews that write about this:

This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 07:05 PM   #564
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,944 Times in 2,574 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
2hrs for a boss? man i'm getting old...i'll stick to bloons

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 08:43 PM   #565

I have a friend that we buy each other random games all the time, and he just gifted me Elden Ring... So I guess let's give it a shot?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 11:31 PM   #566
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Been waiting a long time and it's finally almost out. Preloaded it today and my body is ready for tomorrow.

Have no doubt this is going to be a great game based on the videos I've seen, reviews, and FromSoftware's reputation. I'll see how I feel several hours in if it's GOTY worthy.

I've played every Soulsborne game ever released. If you're new to them, prepare to lube up because these games are not forgiving and don't spoonfeed you.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:49 AM   #567

I don't even mind a challenge, what I hate is games with long ass checkpoints so you spend an hour getting to a certain boss and then you lose and you have to start from scratch again. Are there at least checkpoints so if you get to a boss and die you get to start at the boss right away?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2022, 05:16 AM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I don't even mind a challenge, what I hate is games with long ass checkpoints so you spend an hour getting to a certain boss and then you lose and you have to start from scratch again. Are there at least checkpoints so if you get to a boss and die you get to start at the boss right away?
Based on what I read, the big difference with this game is that it has very generous checkpoints, and it's easier to get to your body if you die
Old 02-24-2022, 09:47 AM   #569
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Souls games generally have a quick path back to the boss room from the main bonfire/checkpoint. You won't start exactly at the boss, but you won't have to redo the entire dungeon, maybe just run past or kill several mobs.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:08 AM   #570
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I don't know if I will give ER a shot. I have never played a Dark Souls game and I mainly like story and narrative driven games, so probably not my cup of tea. I will be watching the reviews and such out of curiosity.

I may give it a shot if there is a trial period or something like that. It's upsetting though that a game that can potentially get 10/10 by reviewers is not something I am interested in. Had the same feeling about Returnal.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
Old 02-24-2022, 10:11 AM   #571
Say! Say! Say!

Probably give DS3 a try next time it's on sale. Usually catch it around $20 or under.

Bloodborne is also free with PS Plus if you own a PS5, although the gameplay is slightly different and the Lovecraftian horror themes might not be your cup of tea.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:51 AM   #572

Hard pass for me, could never get into the style of those Souls games.

Yes, I've heard there is more of a narrative story in this new game, but it's not enough.

I play games for the immersive story experience, not just for constant combat/deaths.

If that floats your boat though, this might be the best Souls game yet.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2022, 10:09 AM   #573
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

Bloodborne is also free with PS Plus if you own a PS5, although the gameplay is slightly different and the Lovecraftian horror themes might not be your cup of tea.
I thought about this, but then the 30FPS will throw me off faster than the game. I may try to get a copy of the remake game for PS5, if it gets cheap enough.

I have enough games to worry about right now, haha, I'm trying to finish HFW before GT7 comes out. I'm 30 hours in, and I have barely scratched the surface of the storyline. The side quests are so intense and unique. I go into a side quest expecting it to be a short 5 minute excursion, it ends up being a full 1.5 hour mission.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #574

Played it for about 2 hours yesterday, liking it so far! It is still tough as fuck, but the open world lets you go do something else and come back later. Also it's not miserable to play - the frame rate is 60 and while there are some stuttering issues as you enter new areas, it's not constant. It looks amazing with DLDSR 1620p but it has a bug where if you alt tab the screen tears (yes even with vsync on)

I'll be playing it more today, which is more than I can say for any Souls game I've tried with the exception of Fallen Order which took me a couple days to fall off.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:17 PM   #575
Say! Say! Say!

Yeah, I'm running it at 3440x1440 maxed and it's pretty smooth for the most part. Frame drops are noticeable, but I mostly saw them when switching between zones and when I was fighting the Tree Sentinel boss. Hopefully they patch it as the dev team is aware of them.

In terms of gameplay, pretty much Dark Souls 4 with a different title, but the addition of Ashes of Wars to change your weapon affinity is pretty cool. Haven't really needed to craft anything yet, but that's cool too.

Bosses seem a lot harder with more unpredictable combos compared to the older games. Took me a while to kill the one in the castle.