REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-08-2022, 05:24 AM   #626
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,285 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread but noticed Gran Turismo 7 came out a few days ago and I saw the footage on YouTube. It got me quite excited and made me think about getting a PS5. The problem is, I don't game much and have not in ages. What's the best way or setup to play GT7? Thanks in advance.

Edit: It's sold out everywhere? I am a noob!
Advertisement
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:47 AM   #627
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Playing GT with a controller is fine, the force feed back and vibrations add a lot like going over the rumble strips on the edges of the course etc. feels really cool

Obviously a wheel setup would be nice but I’ve never found playing GT with a controller took away from the experience
Old 03-08-2022, 09:56 AM   #628
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Is GT7 polished enough to warrant buying it full price?

AAA titles have a history of being shitty on release...
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2022, 11:09 AM   #629

So far it’s very good
Old 03-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #630

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
You finding the career mode stimulating and interesting? The reviews I've seen have said it's quite the slog in terms of grinding for $$$.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:15 AM   #631
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Holy fuck and I thought I was playing a lot

Level 164 did you farm runes to overlevel? Or is that a natural level?

I am waaaaaaaay overleveled for the stuff I'm doing, and IMO it makes the game much more tolerable. Bosses are still tough as shit, and even trash mobs can fuck you up if you're not careful, but you don't get punished by bullshit 1 hits. And if I can't beat a boss, I use a gold finger to carry me past it. I don't have any interest in playing a boss over and over, I just want to get to the part of the game I like.

I'm like level 71 and just beat the teacher a while ago (maybe level 65 or so for her)

This game is interesting.. I know I like it, but I can't say it's a "great game". Some parts of it feel like 10/10, and some parts - mostly technical and bad game design - are 0/10. So overall, I guess it's a 5/10 or 6/10, but highly enjoyable. Like how some 5/10 movies can be enjoyable too.

BOTW was like this too. 10/10 in some ways, and 3/10 in others. Still beat it and enjoyed it a lot.
Interesting review, but seeing as how you got this game for free you have no reason to be hyping it... I will trust you on this, I feel like I would feel the same. I'll wait for that sale that will happen in 6 months where this becomes 39.99 then reconsider.

I am a huge fan of narrative elements in gameplay. I don't know if I can handle going into a game with no guidance. I would be looking things up all the time online, and that doesn't seem very enjoyable to me.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You finding the career mode stimulating and interesting? The reviews I've seen have said it's quite the slog in terms of grinding for $$$.
It’s what I expect from a GT game, I’ve only got 10 cars or so right now but I fully expect to grind 6/7 Sunday cups to build up some cash to win higher end races lol
Old 03-08-2022, 01:40 PM   #633
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I'm pretty far up the Menu list now, I can't recall the number, but it was the one where you get the Corvette's. The races are getting quite challenging now.

Is anyone else having to buy a car that is on the menu in order to finish the menu as well? I find this counter productive.

And i HATE pick up truck mud races with a passion.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
Old 03-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #634
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Holy fuck and I thought I was playing a lot

Level 164 did you farm runes to overlevel? Or is that a natural level?

I am waaaaaaaay overleveled for the stuff I'm doing, and IMO it makes the game much more tolerable. Bosses are still tough as shit, and even trash mobs can fuck you up if you're not careful, but you don't get punished by bullshit 1 hits. And if I can't beat a boss, I use a gold finger to carry me past it. I don't have any interest in playing a boss over and over, I just want to get to the part of the game I like.

I'm like level 71 and just beat the teacher a while ago (maybe level 65 or so for her)

This game is interesting.. I know I like it, but I can't say it's a "great game". Some parts of it feel like 10/10, and some parts - mostly technical and bad game design - are 0/10. So overall, I guess it's a 5/10 or 6/10, but highly enjoyable. Like how some 5/10 movies can be enjoyable too.

BOTW was like this too. 10/10 in some ways, and 3/10 in others. Still beat it and enjoyed it a lot.
Didn't farm runes much, just did a couple sweeps of one of the later game areas.

I did pretty much all of the dungeons/catacombs though and optional bosses. I also made sure not to die a second time too often before picking up my runes.

Late game, pretty much most mobs 3-4 shots you even with 50 Vigor and heavy armor. I did stop using a shield though and just went powerstancing.

I ran around with both the Uchigatana and Nagakiba with the cold affinity. Bleed and frostbite passives are really good against most mobs and bosses.

I've played all the Soulsborne games. Started with Bloodborne when it was a PS Plus game of the month, then worked my way through DS1, DS2, DS3, Sekiro and now Elden Ring.

Bloodborne was hard, but I liked the challenge and I'm used to the presentation and game style. I would not say it's a friendly game for first timers though. I almost broke my controller my first run through in Bloodborne, so I can understand the frustration that some people are having.

After playing this game, I would rank the Soulsborne games like this.

1. Elden Ring
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Dark Souls 1
4. Demon Souls
5. Sekiro
6. Dark Souls 2

Just glad Elden Ring didn't have a zone like Blighttown from DS1, although some of the late game areas with the archers that could one/two shot you were fucking annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Interesting review, but seeing as how you got this game for free you have no reason to be hyping it... I will trust you on this, I feel like I would feel the same. I'll wait for that sale that will happen in 6 months where this becomes 39.99 then reconsider.

I am a huge fan of narrative elements in gameplay. I don't know if I can handle going into a game with no guidance. I would be looking things up all the time online, and that doesn't seem very enjoyable to me.
I got this game from Fanatical on sale for $57.99.

If Sekiro is any indication, I don't think this game will hit $40 for a few years.

I would probably grab a used copy and play it on a console, so at least I could resell it if I didn't like it or after I beat it with a minimal wallet loss.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2022, 07:23 AM   #635
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

I got this game from Fanatical on sale for $57.99.

If Sekiro is any indication, I don't think this game will hit $40 for a few years.
It happens, it is how I got most of my games before. For a few days a few months after release, on Amazon the price gets super cheap and its not advertised.

I browse amazon while on meetings at work so its how I notice these things, haha.

I also was able to buy games from the Warehouse and trade them in at Gamestop at their trade 3 get it free promo, basically got HFW for 35 bucks no tax.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:28 PM   #636
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Elden Ring is already $40 here I bought it for my brother

It's $90 on Steam where he lives
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #637
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Elden Ring is already $40 here I bought it for my brother

It's $90 on Steam where he lives
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2022, 04:56 PM   #638
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I haven't read the entire thread but noticed Gran Turismo 7 came out a few days ago and I saw the footage on YouTube. It got me quite excited and made me think about getting a PS5. The problem is, I don't game much and have not in ages. What's the best way or setup to play GT7? Thanks in advance.

Edit: It's sold out everywhere? I am a noob!
If you only have a PS4, then I'm could sell you the PS4 digital version with all of the 25th anniversary bonuses as I only want the PS5 version

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:18 PM   #639
RS Veteran

I have a PS1. That's how committed I am to gaming. You ok with that? PM me.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:24 PM   #640
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
Lol I think I still have my burned copy of GT2 somewhere if your're interested

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2022, 05:44 AM   #641
RS Veteran

I have a real copy, thank you very much.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:50 AM   #642
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I have a PS1. That's how committed I am to gaming. You ok with that? PM me.
But do you have dragon seeds

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:21 AM   #643
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Playing GT with a controller is fine, the force feed back and vibrations add a lot like going over the rumble strips on the edges of the course etc. feels really cool

Obviously a wheel setup would be nice but I’ve never found playing GT with a controller took away from the experience
I think for the most part, if you know vehicle dynamics and can tell when the weight is shifting on a car, (rather than that visual red dot on the screen), you can definitely do great using the DualSense. Which is why most people end up barrelling through turns initially, its harder to gauge with a controller IMO.

I've been unreal with the wheel. I had no idea how good I could be and how much I was missing out. I do some races with the controller though just to experience the dual sense, but most (95%) of my career races are done using the wheel setup.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2022, 08:27 AM   #644

Yea I think changing between cars would benefit greatly from the wheel

I raced a handful of races with the Type R tuned up was great felt tight and what you’d expect. Then I built a 350Z for the Japanese FR races and the thing is a fucking slug just wrestling it around the track it’s hard to adjust right away with a controller
Old 03-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #645
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
Does anyone know if disc versions of PS5 games also comes with Digital codes?

Got a 25th anniversary edition of GT7 (Disc) but had a friend hook me up with a digital version only of PS5
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #646
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
Is it worth buying GT7 for PS4?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:32 PM   #647

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Is it worth buying GT7 for PS4?
Old 03-11-2022, 03:00 PM   #648
Say! Say! Say!

Wow, PS4 owners are going to be quite happy with it. Meanwhile I can see PS5 players getting the short end of the stick. The biggest difference seems to be load times and occasional frame drops, while actual gameplay is near identical.

If even the base PS4 runs GT7 this well, you know the PS5 could've done much better if the game wasn't cross-platform.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 05:42 PM   #649
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,214 Times in 2,290 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
a lot of my friends are playing on PS4, it plays absolutely fine

but then, the ps5 gets pushed pretty hard on gt7 as well
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 12:38 AM   #650
Say! Say! Say!

I am starting a group buy for Vewlix clones in Vancouver.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc...458439974.html

If anyone is interested, please PM me.