REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 04-08-2024, 10:13 AM   #951
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,206 Times in 1,978 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
They pretty much have proven consoles can play CRPGs just fine if you put the work into making a proper UI.
Advertisement
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:11 AM   #952
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Fuck like 13 hours in, what a game. I can see why it won so many game of the year awards.

So to me, these types of NPC interactions we see in Baldurs Gate is everything in terms of the immersive experiance. It’s fucking crazy that virtually every interaction with an NPC is its own independent cut scene with its own voice acting etc.

This is what I disliked a lot about Cyberpunk in that, you kind of expected a Rockstar level of NPC interaction, but all you got was the generic grunts and sounds from 95% of the NPC’s in CP.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:12 AM   #953
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,882 Times in 5,637 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I watched my buddy in Calgary play Baldur's Gate in the theatre that's built into his house with full Dolby Atmos sound system, it was insane, the scares and sound were intense as hell
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:45 AM   #954

Yea I’m not sure if it’s Dolby atmos but the sound is crazy as well. I noticed that last night going through some cave you hear armour clanking and water dropping etc.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:47 AM   #955

Kiss your social life away for the next week or so.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2024, 10:38 AM   #956

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Crazy times in the console world, Xbox is shutting down studios and laying a bunch of people off, meanwhile Sony is launching a PS5 Pro that will cost over a grand after tax up here and it doesn't come with a disk drive or a stand lol
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2024, 11:18 AM   #957
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Crazy times in the console world, Xbox is shutting down studios and laying a bunch of people off, meanwhile Sony is launching a PS5 Pro that will cost over a grand after tax up here and it doesn't come with a disk drive or a stand lol
It's fucking wild. I'm just going to wait for GTA6 to come on PC at this point.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 01:15 PM   #958
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,202 Times in 8,393 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Sony is shutting down studios too, it's crazy times. The videogame market went insane during covid because people had nothing else to do, and the companies all treated it like that was the new normal so now they're all fucked.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 02:28 PM   #959
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,944 Times in 2,574 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
didn't they also go the way of movie studios and have ridiculous enormous development budgets too where it was impossible to make a profit and the quality of the product didn't match the price increase?

a $1k console is ridiculous, may as well buy a gaming PC and not have to pay a monthly fee to play online

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 04:14 PM   #960

Like I said:

Old 09-12-2024, 04:16 PM   #961

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
didn't they also go the way of movie studios and have ridiculous enormous development budgets too where it was impossible to make a profit and the quality of the product didn't match the price increase?

a $1k console is ridiculous, may as well buy a gaming PC and not have to pay a monthly fee to play online
Yes, costs have been skyrocketing, dev times have been skyrocketing. A game idea that sounded great in 2018 starts to sound really outdated in 2024 when it finally comes out

Last month Sony released Concord, a competitor to Overwatch. Reception was so bad that they literally just canceled the game, shut down the servers, and gave everyone a refund. Complete catastrophe
Old 09-12-2024, 04:38 PM   #962

It's because venture capitalists amassed themselves into the gaming world during COVID, and now we're seeing the results of all that.

This ridiculous pivot by publishers to live service games, which have FAILED miserably. Stupid ideas for games that were politicized under a wave of cultural crap (similar to Marvel) which also resulted in a bunch of AAA games failing terribly.

The chickens have come to roost and all that lost revenue and sunken investments are showing their results.

I might sound like a broken record but these are all examples of late stage capitalism. Sony needs to recoup all its losses on failed projects, they're in the hole financially and need to appease their shareholders. Graphical fidelity is reaching its ceiling, thus the result is nickel and diming garbage like this, live service bullshit, and re-purposed rinse and repeat titles of the likes EA shits out.

It's quite bleak right now in gaming indeed. The funny thing about the PS5 Pro, Sony has no games in the pipeline. I find I barely have games I've even played since I got the PS5 years ago, now they think people will throw down $1000 CAD for marginally better graphics of those same shitty old titles, with nothing new on the horizon?

This console won't get any traction until 2026 when GTA6 comes out, there is no point putting this out in November.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2024, 05:34 PM   #963

This has been a very shitty generation for sure. Most of the blockbuster games were also PS4 games so very few things have really felt "next gen" so far. By the time this next wave of new games are ready to come out it'll be pushing PS6 territory.

Sony spent most of their PS5 Pro reveal shitting on the OG PS5 lol like wtf are you doing? At least show a brand new game running on the Pro not a bunch of shit we've already played already.

Microsoft can't be super happy with how XBox is going, they seem to have hit a ceiling with their subscriber base and I don't think it's as lucrative as they hoped. I won't be surprised if a lot of these exclusives they bought Activision and Bethesda for end up coming to PlayStation just for the revenue similar to Sony putting their games on PC after a time.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2024, 06:44 PM   #964

I wonder how long Xbox will hold out with Bethesda games being Xbox exclusives, how can you actively not sell to 50% of the market in these conditions?

I’m a pretty frivolous person, I’m staring at my PS5, Switch, SNES mini all sitting in my console, but I’m not buying an Xbox to play starfield and that Indiana jones game. I wouldn’t buy one even if they release the new elder scrolls in this generation. It eventually HAS to come to PS5 no? How can you spend so much money on developing these billion dollar games and not realize your gains from the other system?

I’ve actually been gaming quite a bit recently in an attempt to save money lol

Played through Diablo 4, it was better than 3 but still pretty Meh.. I played on the harder difficulty and you could almost play this game with your eyes closed. Every dungeon funneled you into the correct spot, every quest was the exact same variation of 3 or 4, kill this, collect this, return this, clear this. My brother plays online and says it’s pretty fun but I’ve already uninstalled it. Diablo lost its lusted after 2.

Really goes to show what an absolute masterpiece Baldurs Gate 3 was playing Diablo right after. BG3 may be in my top 10 games all time.

Just beat It takes two, this is an amazing game. Absolutely gorgeous visuals and the mechanics in this game, someone spent a lot of fucking time designing this lol.. this is the best coop game I’ve ever played no question. A great albeit sad story, fantastic voice acting, and the environments and visuals are amazing, couldn’t beleive this was a scaled up PS4 game, it could have been released last week.
Old 09-12-2024, 06:45 PM   #965

Indiana Jones is going to PS5

Game Pass basically failed
Old 09-12-2024, 07:46 PM   #966

Xbox console sales are plummeting I imagine they won't even make another Xbox after this it'll just be a streaming platform. They are already porting games like Sea of Thieves and Indiana Jones to PS5 so it's a pretty good indication of what will probably happen in the future.

Hopefully they don't completely blow it cause Sony usually goes into full asshole mode when they are in the drivers seat and competition is thin.
Old 09-12-2024, 08:18 PM   #967

Fanboys will never admit it, but Sony without competition is an absolute nightmare scenario.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2024, 03:56 AM   #968
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,215 Times in 2,291 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Xbox console sales are plummeting I imagine they won't even make another Xbox after this it'll just be a streaming platform. They are already porting games like Sea of Thieves and Indiana Jones to PS5 so it's a pretty good indication of what will probably happen in the future.

Hopefully they don't completely blow it cause Sony usually goes into full asshole mode when they are in the drivers seat and competition is thin.
TGS is around the corner, Sony needs something here to win back the trust of the Japanese market. They already lost A LOT of goodwill by raising prices in Japan FIRST.

Nintendo's market to come in and just completely dominate.

in the mean time.. CAPCOM can do no wrong with all the nostalgia and... Monster Hunter Wild being possibly the biggest CAPCOM's biggest launch next year... consoles might not be done done. If the new Monster Hunter game isnt running well on the PS5...and from early reports from the public demos on ps5 hardware, it isnt..then ppl gonna be buyin PCs for this over a PS5Pro...
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote