REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #3201
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
You know what the worst thing about all this is?
These patients who go in and fall seriously ill, if they pass, they have to die alone. That is just heartbreaking.
I hope to god none of us has to deal with that. As family members, or as healthcare who may be required to work palliative care.
What you wrote reminded me about this story out of New York

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/bronx-...ore-collected/

A woman died in her home but city officials did not have the staff needed to pick up her body right away. It was left in her home for 24 hours while her family stayed in their car.
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #3202
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,742 Times in 1,101 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Don't have an oven? A space heater kill not evenly heat the mask unless tou can build an encosure.
i have an oven, i just thought it would be difficult to hang the mask properly in one.
metal grates get hotter than the air temp of 70C, so i was worried about leaving burn marks or melting the elastics.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #3203
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Thing is, did you touch your door? Did you touch the knob? Did you brush up against the door casing or the closet? Your dirty hands touched the sanitizer bottle and then you touched your keys etc.

The transmission into any airway isn’t likely when it’s on your clothes etc but it’s virtually impossible to prevent transmission of bacteria throughout your home even if you were to strip down and wipe everything down right away, the one thing you touched that didn’t get wiped down will contaminate everything else again. You’re just trying to mitigate risk.

If you get the bacteria on your hands and go home and then sanitize in your kitchen/bathroom, you’re done. You will almost certainly get it.
You guys may want to buy a antibacterial spray that claims to kill any bacteria that lands on the sprayed surface for up to one week after initial spray

It’s from Japan, and like $40 a bottle, regular price, will have to wait til I get on my phone for a link, but it’s called eTak
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #3204
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,810 Times in 935 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
You guys may want to buy a antibacterial spray that claims to kill any bacteria that lands on the sprayed surface for up to one week after initial spray

It’s from Japan, and like $40 a bottle, regular price, will have to wait til I get on my phone for a link, but it’s called eTak
At our work they have been providing quat on top of also wipes but while the stock of wipes is harder to get quat is easier. WIth that said, that stuff kills your hands so you need to wear gloves when using it and for some seem total overkill to use in general.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:18 PM   #3205
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i have an oven, i just thought it would be difficult to hang the mask properly in one.
metal grates get hotter than the air temp of 70C, so i was worried about leaving burn marks or melting the elastics.
I used a large paper clip to hang mine but A wooden clothespin would be better.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:14 PM   #3206

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
At our work they have been providing quat on top of also wipes but while the stock of wipes is harder to get quat is easier. WIth that said, that stuff kills your hands so you need to wear gloves when using it and for some seem total overkill to use in general.
This is etak, it's non alcohol based, and safe to even spray on your animals, but looks like all the sellers are soldout, wow there was still a lot of stock available when I ordered last week, from several sellers

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0751KJ4..._lpqHEb878RVAQ
Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #3207
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 86 Times in 38 Posts
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/04...e-to-pandemic/

Quote:
“Giving people relief on their power bills lets them focus on the essentials, while helping businesses and encouraging critical industry to keep operating.”

Quote:
The updated rate means most residential users will save about $16 a year,

This is April 1st joke?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #3208
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,742 Times in 1,101 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
geez dude, our work has a monthly hydro bill of about $800. in a year we'd save a whopping $96!
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #3209
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will the non-alochol based cleaners actually work to kill the covid virus? Most non-alochol base cleaners/hand sanitizers uses benzo chloride, which only help kill certain germs/viruses. As suggested by the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sanitizer.html

I've been using this at home, and a little goes a long way. It's 70% ethonol based so it meets the requirement. The store is from St John Ambulance so at least it's from a reputable source and profit goes towards their operation.

https://shopsafetyproducts.ca/collec...e-disinfectant
cafe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #3210
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
what I do is first thing after getting into the house take shoes and jackets off and they go in closest, keys and cell phone goes on the desk, put grocery away, throw out any plastic bags, use rubbing alcohol on cell phones and keys, put reuseable grocery bags away, take clothes off and put in laundry basket and then wash hands and glasses. We don't really touch the laundry basket and the reuseable grocery bags till we actually go out again. Of course we throw away our facial mask and plastic gloves away. That's pretty much all I can do at home.
Bye. It was nice knowing you. RS will miss your posts. You pretty much went through your whole place before washing your hands.

Quote:
You know what the worst thing about all this is?
These patients who go in and fall seriously ill, if they pass, they have to die alone. That is just heartbreaking.
It's bad enough as it is, but can you just imagine being deprived of the ability to comfort them (and yourself) before they go?
I hope to god none of us has to deal with that. As family members, or as healthcare who may be required to work palliative care.
Workers in palliative care get used to death. It's part of life.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #3211
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
As expected miss the pick up. Instead of going to the Fedix location right outside of the apartment is being redirected all the way to BBY. Going to call Fedix and have to deliver again and hopefully they actually put my buzzer number with the deliver guy like they were suppose to......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:03 PM   #3212

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe22 View Post
Will the non-alochol based cleaners actually work to kill the covid virus? Most non-alochol base cleaners/hand sanitizers uses benzo chloride, which only help kill certain germs/viruses. As suggested by the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sanitizer.html

I've been using this at home, and a little goes a long way. It's 70% ethonol based so it meets the requirement. The store is from St John Ambulance so at least it's from a reputable source and profit goes towards their operation.

https://shopsafetyproducts.ca/collec...e-disinfectant

From what I've googled, that etak uses quartenary ammonium (benzo), their patent is in their adhesive which makes the quat stick to surfaces for a week

It won't kill things like polio, or the norovirus but works on corona

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...d-19/list.html
Old 04-01-2020, 02:03 PM   #3213
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,688 Times in 2,320 Posts
Failed 997 Times in 240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
lol maybe u guys can rs group buy from me lolol

just let me figure out the shipping lol
Im down if its the N95/KN95 from a good legit source. maybe we can all save some $ if its a large enough order

I need 30
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #3214
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
I've never heard of KN95 masks so I did a little Googling and found this:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...t-import-china

Before anyone says "buzzfeed lol" they're actually operated separately from Buzzfeed.

[edit] Still better than nothing, imo.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #3215

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
FDA revoked the N95 certification to all Chinese manufacturer that were operating under the KN95 (or "N95 equivalent") certification due to the high inconsistency in quality after several testings of masks made recently (you have to know, now everyone and their dog with equipment to make masks in China are pumping out masks, and there little to none control on QA). Similar result were found in Europe.

So, if you are ordering KN95, don't expect it to be the same thing as N95 we have here and definitely don't wear those if you are going into hotspots like hospital or clinic. It's better than wearing nothing, but that's as far as I'd claim on Chinese made N95s.

If you need any proof, all CCP leaders recently photographed publicly were wearing 3M 1860 N95s, made in the good old USA. So, that tells you something.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #3216

Most of the worlds n95 masks are made in China tho, 3M, Gerson, even Moldex are made in China, or listed as "filter made in USA" mask made in China

You can find them made elsewhere, even fully in the usa too, but don't shy away solely over the made in China stamp

As with all things, it's best to buy from a reputable business, and brand, but even then, ymmv
Old 04-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #3217
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,688 Times in 2,320 Posts
Failed 997 Times in 240 Posts
https://vancouversun.com/opinion/gla...box=1585776607
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #3218
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
I have read that supposedly, China had imposed a limit on who can export medical goods and they supposedly are starting to check them before exporting.

Not sure how much reinforcement there is, but looks like at least they are trying to address this concern.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #3219
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
US Intelligence confirming what we all knew was true.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #3220

This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #3221

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post

Workers in palliative care get used to death. It's part of life.
What i meant was if there were workers in other areas that might need to transfer there.
Not entirely sure if that's how it goes, but i get the sense that workers are being transferred to areas in higher demand.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #3222

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
US Intelligence confirming what we all knew was true.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1245370023952203786
Trillion dollar security agency couldn't figure out what any Joe with a laptop did months ago
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:53 PM   #3223
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
The US is the first country to "officially" cross 1000 deaths in a day today. This is the lowest hanging fruit of people with underlying conditions but who have medical insurance and access to care at hospitals. As the hospitals fill up and get more overrun, and people can't get treatment due to a lack of insurance, the numbers will skyrocket. I don't doubt the estimations of a few hundred thousand deaths, minimum.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2020, 04:59 PM   #3224
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I can't fathom how bad this is going to end up in US. Been talking to friends all over the US and the difference in reactions is staggering. Some say that people are acting like business as usual in certain places and some of the lockdowns are far over the measures we are in. Like so many things in the US the way they operate as a multitude of small countries within a large one put those that are under control at such a major risk from those that aren't.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #3225

Quote:
Trillion dollar security agency couldn't figure out what any Joe with a laptop did months ago
I get what you're saying, but it's one thing for one of us dipshits to make the accusation, it's another to come out and say it officially. This first step was needed for other countries to be able to come out and say they are full of shit. If they choose to do so politically, that is...
This post thanked by: