REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #3351
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
It’s the same with the mask thing. There’s obviously enough information out there that points to you probably should be wearing a mask. However, as soon as the govt. comes out and says you should and the majority of people don’t have them, it’s gonna be toilet paper 2.0 times ten
This is what I suspect as well. They say it doesn't work(more like "it might work" now) so people don't go and hoard them.
Advertisement
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #3352
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
that's a catch 22

if the public doesnt have enough masks, there will be more case loads = system strain
if the public hoards masks, hospital personnel wont have enough supplies and they'll get sick and have less staff working = system strain

i'm a believer the 2m rule isn't enough in all cases (exercising/breathing harder, or in a small enclosed shop)
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #3353
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
Can someone kindly link where you can buy those KN95 masks?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #3354
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
https://www.artscow.com/

shipping via fedex 2 to 4 business days.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #3355
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
There is a RS group buy going on atm I believe.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #3356

https://nanaimonewsnow.com/2020/04/0...d-19-pandemic/

Quote:
Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay BC Ferries route nixed during COVID-19 pandemic
This is big.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #3357
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,826 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
If there is a group buy going on I guess I’m in as well because I’ve got nothing.

Let me know if anyone is organizing it and I can e transfer etc
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #3358
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
for everything that's being discussed and released to the public, i can only imagine some of the scenarios the governments are discussing behind closed doors
blkgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #3359
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,536 Times in 1,724 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
the mask making video has been posted a few times by now. if you're really in a pinch, it's better than walking around with nothing.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #3360

Drake just dropped a new music video. He is dressed like a ninja practicing that social distancing. The ending is a nice touch for the city.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #3361
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
let's start a GB list for KN95 masks:

Provide name, area and quantity needed

1. ae101 (quantity?)
2 akira112 (quantity?)
3. beatdownvictim (100?)
4. bcedhk, Vancouver (30)
Here is the RS group by list.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 12:06 PM   #3362
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Jesus you're sad.

So you support Trump who calls for 3M to stop sending masks to Canada, you literally hate your own countrymen more than your love for that racist prick?

Insane.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #3363
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 17 Times in 6 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/1505003853/...bYxNh&d=w&vh=i

Apologies if I didn't put up the link properly. Just a little humour during these rough times.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #3364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Jesus you're sad.

So you support Trump who calls for 3M to stop sending masks to Canada, you literally hate your own countrymen more than your love for that racist prick?

Insane.
I don’t support trump, I said he was a buffoon, however he’s looking out for his own country. Can you blame him when China is coming out with these KN95 masks that are proven to not be as effective as the actual 3M mask? Or that his country will likely be ravaged the worst by this virus yet he’s suppose to stay buddy buddy with countries that his own have propped up for decades?

Turd will go down as one of, if not the worst PM Canada has ever had. It’s not a stretch to put him on notice, he’s been hiding out at home for 10+ days since his isolation has been over. He’s left Canada in financial shambles compared to the position we were in prior to the liberal party taking over, and he’s dodging questions non stop. Watch the global coverage of the presser this morning, even they are calling him out for his non-answers.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 04-03-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #3365
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Drake just dropped a new music video. He is dressed like a ninja practicing that social distancing. The ending is a nice touch for the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWggTb45brM
jesus what a nice condo unit
blkgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:21 PM   #3366
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Hondaracer. What should Canada be doing differently? What do you think would be fixing our economy? What countries economy is weathering this storm?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 01:28 PM   #3367

Quote:
I don’t support trump, I said he was a buffoon, however he’s looking out for his own country. Can you blame him when China is coming out with these KN95 masks that are proven to not be as effective as the actual 3M mask? Or that his country will likely be ravaged the worst by this virus yet he’s suppose to stay buddy buddy with countries that his own have propped up for decades?

Turd will go down as one of, if not the worst PM Canada has ever had. It’s not a stretch to put him on notice, he’s been hiding out at home for 10+ days since his isolation has been over. He’s left Canada in financial shambles compared to the position we were in prior to the liberal party taking over, and he’s dodging questions non stop. Watch the global coverage of the presser this morning, even they are calling him out for his non-answers.
What can he say? That after all the billions he is going to spend he have no idea how to pay it back so most likely he will increase tax on everybody. That will even piss more people off.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #3368

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Hondaracer. What should Canada be doing differently? What do you think would be fixing our economy? What countries economy is weathering this storm?
If the pipelines hadn’t been tied up with all the BS prior to all this there would be a full work force continuing to work and light on the horizon for the oil industry (regardless of current oil prices etc. there WILL be future investment in Alberta oil)

The pipeline should have already been built or at the very least nearly completed and the countless other investment and projects that have been canceled or postponed under Liberal leadership.

It’s not about what’s going on now, everyone is effected and everyone is in a terrible spot. It’s the events and policies that have been building over the last 5 years under liberal leadership that have put us in an incredibly weak position coming out of Covid. The liberals turned our strengths into weakness.

Edit*

And if you really want to get into the current economic situation, you can go back to Manics soft spot for companies being “forced” to make materials to contribute to the PPE shortage. Trump called on companies like Ford etc. To shift their manufacturing over to developing PPE, etc. This stimulates economy, this keeps people employed, this keeps factories open who otherwise would have been closed. Canada has not done the same.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 04-03-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #3369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
What can he say? That after all the billions he is going to spend he have no idea how to pay it back so most likely he will increase tax on everybody. That will even piss more people off.
The PREMIER of a province is coming out more transparent than our Prime minister. That’s the issue. He is dodging relevant questions and like I said, even the left leaning media is questioning him. It’s not just me.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #3370
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
While I’m glad you have a real point that isn’t just “tRuDope TooK R jAabs” you can’t believe that oil would be taking care of the entire tourism and retail closure across a country. Other countries have oil too, and they are still fucked.
People need to understand there isn’t a solution on the planet for this, other than taking the spread of the virus seriously and waiting for god (actually doctors and virologists) to save us all with a vaccine.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #3371

Quote:
While I’m glad you have a real point that isn’t just “tRuDope TooK R jAabs” you can’t believe that oil would be taking care of the entire tourism and retail closure across a country. Other countries have oil too, and they are still fucked.
People need to understand there isn’t a solution on the planet for this, other than taking the spread of the virus seriously and waiting for god (actually doctors and virologists) to save us all with a vaccine.
Everyone’s fucked.

How each country comes out of this will be what sets them apart.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #3372

Someone really likes to getting piped.

JT 7 plus more years!!!!
Old 04-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #3373
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,637 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
For one thing, I continue to be surprised that he hasn't invoked the Canadian Defence Production Act just like Trump has done for the US. All that Trudeau has done so far is to call on the industrial sector to jump in and help however they can.

A lot can be said about how Trudeau could have / should have done in the past 3 months. I don't want to go into that now because we can no longer change what has already happened. But IMO, this disease has proven quite some time ago that it is likely the biggest threat the world has seen on a global scale since WW2. Because of its severity, we need to treat it like a war, and that means some war time measures (such as government directed domestic production of certain goods -- PPE, for example) need to happen, and it should have happened already, but it still hasn't.

Government-directed production of certain goods wouldn't be able to fix our economy directly, but it could help us curb our infection numbers and keep our health workers safe. Depending on what needs to be done, it might even be possible to mitigte some of the economic strains that we are seeing now due to the layoffs and stuff -- ie. some of the unemployed might get hired to do this work.

IMO, Trudeau has done a decent job on the money handout, although as we all know, that'll come with a HUGE cost down the line as we'd need to repay all that debt. But for most other aspects of how the epidemic was handled, he and the federal gov has almost always been playing catch up.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #3374

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
If he was actually looking out for his own country he wouldn't have completely ignored this until it was too late.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #3375
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,881 Times in 992 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
^^ if he was looking out for his country, order full shut down for like a month like China, we're trending on the top 15 most infected country in the world last time I checked. Isn't there a Chinese saying short pain is better than long pain.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote