REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:35 PM   #3776
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,827 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
If these events have proven anything it’s that these huge organizations like WHO etc. Are irreverent.
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #3777
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
People who don't believe planning a protest.

Last edited by Manic!; 04-09-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #3778
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
fema keeps redirecting supplies but does not provide any explantion of why or where they're being redirected

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21Q30Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If these events have proven anything it’s that these huge organizations like WHO etc. Are irreverent.
League of Nations/UN has never been relevant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssinia_Crisis

and countries signing green initiatives, shake hands for a photo then going home to continue dumping shit in the ocean etc.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #3779

I’ve got blasted in previous threads for saying the UN was irreverent so I didn’t mention them but I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #3780
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,277 Times in 4,630 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Is that the same Kevin Yeung who was in the video about VI's saying the Skytrain is loud?
It looks like him, and judging by the Porsche Cayenne he's driving, I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. I wonder if VPD VI'd him for pulling this off as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:47 PM   #3781
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
the Chinese govt needs better puppets...Lam & Tedros making them look bad
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #3782
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
The UN would still be relevant and useful if it was doing its intended purpose - to fight AGAINST tyrannical states that threaten world peace, instead of working WITH them and basically becoming a platform for them to influence the world.

Edit: Not just to single out China but to show how awful the UN is, these countries were added to their human rights panel in January:

Venezuela (Maduro regime)
Mauritania
Sudan
Libya
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:47 PM   #3783
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Fever is still high this morning around 39 with a headache. Throat started getting sore last night as well. No issue with breathing. Email work and basically said I am staying bed and won't be working today (even though I work from home) don't really have much energy.
Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Hopefully it’s not COVID, but you should call 8-1-1 to get assessed and get tested if they recommend it. I know you e-mailed your doctor but you should still call 8-1-1.

Feel better soon
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:10 PM   #3784
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post
I ordered mine on April 3, got an email with fedex's tracking number on April 6th, had them delivered April 8th. $32 in duty for the KN95 masks (2 boxes)

HK-> CHICAGO, IL -> MEMPHIS, TN ->VANCOUVER, BC
My ASTM masks went the same route. Throw that Fedex packaging away ASAP. Don't even touch the packaging with your bare hands.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #3785
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 286 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
the Chinese govt needs better puppets...Lam & Tedros making them look bad
chinese govt needs more slave then puppets
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #3786
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ime2006 View Post
https://youtu.be/rKqG3zN7N9k?t=121

SHAKE MY HEADDDDD BADLY...
This guy has to go.
They only dare mention Taiwan when it's to denigrate them, and he had the gall to tell trump to stop politicizing the pandemic
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2020, 10:37 PM   #3787
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
People are throwing their used PPE off their balconies in my building

And my building is around 30 floors

I feel like I'm living in a cartoon
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:55 AM   #3788
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Hopefully it’s not COVID, but you should call 8-1-1 to get assessed and get tested if they recommend it. I know you e-mailed your doctor but you should still call 8-1-1.

Feel better soon
Called 811 they recommended me to stay home for 10 days. Fever drop today so that's good. Maybe it was just a chill but going to stay home for 10 days just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
My ASTM masks went the same route. Throw that Fedex packaging away ASAP. Don't even touch the packaging with your bare hands.
Seems like https://www.artscow.com/masks have more options for KN95 know. There is another type that was out of stock but they have it now. Is not not individually packaged but Shelf Life: 3 Years so that might be a better buy?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #3789
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,565 Times in 4,934 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/04...gets-covid-19/

Really? He wants to stay anonymous. Really? He's a violent offender with a long history. If he was in prison for a minor offence, I might have a little sympathy. This guy probably caused a lot of pain and anguish to numerous people and their families. He made a choice. It's bad enough worrying about a deadly virus, but having to worry about a repeat offender out on the streets? No sir............ I'm no, "Confess and we'll forgive." type. Explain it to the victims, this is okay. We don't even know what the particulars are as far as his past criminal activities.

Quote:
The 44-year-old was sentenced in 1998 for 28 years for a number of offences including aggravated assault, assault causing bodily harm and forcible confinement. He was released to a halfway house in September of 2019, but he was sent back to prison following issues with staff at the home.
Quote:
The parole board’s report makes no mention of the inmate’s health but does say he poses a risk to the community.
Quote:
The Correctional Service of Canada says “it is committed to protecting the safety of staff, inmates, and the public in all of our operations.”

Also in the news..........

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2...quarantine-act

Quote:
Violating or failing to comply with the Quarantine Act could have significant penalties, including fines and imprisonment. Maximum penalties include a fine of up to $750,000 and/or imprisonment for six months for failure to comply with this Order. Further, a person who causes a risk of imminent death or serious bodily harm to another person while willfully or recklessly contravening this Act or the regulations could be liable for a fine of up to $1,000,000 or imprisonment of up to three years, or to both.
There are people who are not self-quarantining for 14 days after they come back to Canada from abroad. I hope these people get nailed to the proverbial cross.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 04-10-2020 at 08:11 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2020, 08:18 AM   #3790
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
I’ve got blasted in previous threads for saying the UN was irreverent so I didn’t mention them but I wholeheartedly agree.
Sorry, I just had to scratch this grammar itch.
I believe the term is irrelevant, and not irreverent, unless maybe I have you misunderstood. That is all.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:26 AM   #3791
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,565 Times in 4,934 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
irreverent might work.............

Quote:
adjective: irreverent
showing a lack of respect for people or things that are generally taken seriously.

Although, it wasn't used as an adjective.........was it? I'm so confused now. To think gives me a headache these days.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #3792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Sorry, I just had to scratch this grammar itch.
I believe the term is irrelevant, and not irreverent, unless maybe I have you misunderstood. That is all.
Most likely an auto correct from my phone, can’t say I use irreverent too often lol
Old 04-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #3793

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Called 811 they recommended me to stay home for 10 days. Fever drop today so that's good. Maybe it was just a chill but going to stay home for 10 days just in case.

Seems like https://www.artscow.com/masks have more options for KN95 know. There is another type that was out of stock but they have it now. Is not not individually packaged but Shelf Life: 3 Years so that might be a better buy?
If your fever picks up again call 811 again, the protocols are constantly changing and they are testing some people if the main symptom is Fever or so I hear from a pretty reliable source.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:33 AM   #3794

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
People who don't believe planning a protest.

They should get put on a do not treat list if they actually get the Virus.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:33 AM   #3795
I STILL don't get it

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post

Also in the news..........

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2...quarantine-act

There are people who are not self-quarantining for 14 days after they come back to Canada from abroad. I hope these people get nailed to the proverbial cross.
Still waiting on details, but as of next week there will be a new integrated team of LMD police departments and CBSA to start enforcing this.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #3796
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

https://xsuit.com/pages/xmask
LOL just image if a bunch of people lining up at a bank or a market wearing this and speak like Bane.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #3797
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,536 Times in 1,724 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
reading random comments on IG and there are still Americans who think this is a "fake virus" and are trying to get their friends to see the "truth"

Almost 6000 have died in the last 3 days there. I can't understand why they don't think this is real or serious.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #3798
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,881 Times in 992 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
^ uh becuh we make duh murica great again we da numba 1
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #3799

Really don’t know how much longer this is all sustainable in terms of social isolation etc.

A lot of people I know and work with etc. Are talking about trying to organize bbqs and whatnot and try to social distance there getting together with friends and family. It hasn’t really been too hard for me because the wife and I get along great even stuck with each other day after day but if you live in a small condo and you’re on your own I can really blame em.

They are going to have to figure something out in terms of going out but you must wear a mask etc. Because people are gonna start going out regardless
Old 04-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #3800

Quote:
Really don’t know how much longer this is all sustainable in terms of social isolation etc.

A lot of people I know and work with etc. Are talking about trying to organize bbqs and whatnot and try to social distance there getting together with friends and family. It hasn’t really been too hard for me because the wife and I get along great even stuck with each other day after day but if you live in a small condo and you’re on your own I can really blame em.

They are going to have to figure something out in terms of going out but you must wear a mask etc. Because people are gonna start going out regardless
I know my parents is having a hard time with it already. They been to Costco, Superstore, Saves on a few times already for "grocery shopping" this week. Also they been to my place twice in the last 2 weeks to bring "grocery" to me and my wife....... They also been the parks but I let them know always wear your mask and wash your hands when you are out.