REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #4126
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
While the berating he is receiving is warranted, I think he gets it. I was waiting for an apology, a sincere one. Having said that, we all make mistakes now and then. Let’s not go overboard with this. Yes, give him a dozen virtual lashings. He is still a member of this forum. In his eyes, it was an okay thing to do. I think we all gave him a lesson he’ll soon not forget. I, for one, will not attack him further. I’ll leave it up to the rest of RS.

Still waiting for an apology......................

god bless
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #4127
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
While the berating he is receiving is warranted, I think he gets it. I was waiting for an apology, a sincere one. Having said that, we all make mistakes now and then. Let’s not go overboard with this. Yes, give him a dozen virtual lashings. He is still a member of this forum. In his eyes, it was an okay thing to do. I think we all gave him a lesson he’ll soon not forget. I, for one, will not attack him further. I’ll leave it up to the rest of RS.

Still waiting for an apology......................

god bless
This probably happens more than we know. Someone was self isolating for 14 days after calling 811 and were told to self isolate. He lives alone. He needed groceries to cook. He wore a face mask and gloves and went to his local grocery store to buy groceries. If they can't rely on people to get groceries, then they will go out themselves.

Quarantine from coming into the country = 14 day mandatory quarantine in which is enforced (that's what the government says, RCMP will do random checks on people quarantining and can issue personal fines.) I haven't heard if it is confirmed yet from whether people did see a cop at their house)

People quarantining from calling 811 and were asked to stay home to isolate = should also be enforced too. That means their contact info is taken down and could get a random check. But does Canada really have that many resources for RCMP or customs officers to do checks?
Old 04-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #4128

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
It’s not even safe to dive in your car, anymore. This happened last week. I was on my way to the cemetery on Canada Way. It was a great day, weather wise, so I had all four windows down. At the stop light at Royal Oak this beat up low rider full of youngsters pulls up beside my car. Loud obnoxious music playing and they’re all smoking and vaping. Driver and asshole in the back seat take a deep breath and purposely blow their shit into my car. I had no time to roll up the windows, but managed to quickly hold the N95 that was on the passenger seat up to my face. While holding onto the mask, I managed to pull over and air out the car. Needless to say, I don’t open any windows when driving now. When smokers and vapers exhale, it’s not just the chemicals they exhale. It’s also whatever is in their filthy lungs. I hope those fokkers come down with the virus and lose their testicles.

Which reminds me. I need to change the cabin air filter.
I don't open my windows anymore. You don't know what the passengers in front of you are doing outside their windows while driving, and it takes a second for that pocket of air to travel to your car while driving. Spitting out their window, sneezing with the window open, smoking with the window open, etc.

So give yourself distance to the car in front of you.

Sometimes I go airless as well
When I do turn on my air, I try to press recirculate inside cabin air all the time.

This will get worse in summer time as not all cars have AC.

And when there's someone else in your car with you, everyone should be wearing a mask since air is recirculating and it's within 6 ft.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #4129
Fanboy

Failed 91 Times in 28 Posts
Anyone else notice a surge of people on the roads and at local parks for social gatherings etc?
Old 04-16-2020, 12:44 PM   #4130
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Even healthy people need to stop going out everyday to "shop". People seem to use it as a quick daily getaway from the house because they need things. Make a list, go out one day of the week and get your shit done and go home. Stop making stores busier than they need to be because you're bored.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #4131

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Even healthy people need to stop going out everyday to "shop". People seem to use it as a quick daily getaway from the house because they need things. Make a list, go out one day of the week and get your shit done and go home. Stop making stores busier than they need to be because you're bored.
Also, they go out to stores for their daily quest for toilet paper, hand sanitizers, cleaners, etc. This is not like in India where they get beaten by police for being on the streets. It's too relaxed here at this moment.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #4132
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
Serious questions.

For people that live along and have little social support in the city. How are they suppose to get grocery and other essentials they need to be hole up in their apartment for 14 days?

Instacart is getting overwhelm and is showing unavailable for most areas. I guess you could get skip the dishes? But that going to deplete your rainy day funds real quick if you are going to do that 3 times a day. How about stuff like shampoo, tooth paste etc?

Korean government is providing daily care kit for people they are imposing mandatory quarantine on. While we are telling people to stay inside, we will be sending the police to check on you randomly. But provide no direction as to how they are suppose to live for that two weeks.

It won't be a problem if you have an existing social support network within the city, and somebody to shop for you. Thats not going to be the case for everyone.

Its wrong but there are going to be people that will ignore the stay and home order because they have to.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #4133
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
Also, they go out to stores for their daily quest for toilet paper, hand sanitizers, cleaners, etc. This is not like in India where they get beaten by police for being on the streets. It's too relaxed here at this moment.
When you put it that way, it's not that unreasonable. I don't go out to check on these things daily, but some people do legitimately need them.

I try to minimize my shopping, but yesterday I was still forced to visit stores because I can't locate any ZeroWater filters, so I ended up buying it online.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #4134
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,635 Times in 527 Posts
Failed 21 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
I don't open my windows anymore..

Sometimes I go airless as well
When I do turn on my air, I try to press recirculate inside cabin air all the time.

And when there's someone else in your car with you, everyone should be wearing a mask since air is recirculating and it's within 6 ft.
Same, mine’s on recirculate all the time. Granted, I’m not wearing a mask inside the car; those are for grocery shopping only.

What do you guys think about neighbourhood walks — is a mask warranted? There are studies showing breath exhalation lingering for over a minute, but those are conducted in an indoor environment.
Spectre_Cdn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #4135
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
That's the question I answer yes
Are you experiencing any of the following:

Cough
Fever
Muscle aches
Fatigue
Sore Throat
Headache
Loss of appetite
Chills
Runny nose or nasal congestion
Nausea and vomiting
Diarrhea
Loss of sense of smell/taste

Coz yes I did have a fever but all the other questions is none. It can just mean you have a cold or even if you eat something bad have a diarrhea. So does this mean anyone who have these symptoms now need to self isolate 10 days according to BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool? What if you slept on the wrong side and now you have muscle pain or stay up all night and watch TV and now you feel tired.

I made the wrong judgement call when I had the fever earlier which is most likely due to not wearing enough when I go out. On top after I saw the news that at a Wal mart where an employee got infected I immediately though I have it as well. But going back time that employee haven't worked there since March 20 and when I had the fever it was past 14 days when he worked. I have had no fever, coughing, sore throat, any symptoms since the fever went away on the 2nd day after I got it.

If anyone wants to try just go to https://bc.thrive.health/ and the questions they ask aren't even that detail enough to tell the difference if you have a common cold or if you have the CoVID19. Just try answering yes to any of the questions and it will ask you to self isolate. The person on the end of 811 were just asking the exact same question didn't offer to ask other follow up questions.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #4136

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post

Cough
Fever
Muscle aches
Fatigue
Sore Throat
Headache
Loss of appetite
Chills
Nausea and vomiting
Diarrhea

Coz yes I did have a fever but all the other questions is none. It can just mean you have a cold or even if you eat something bad have a diarrhea. So does this mean anyone who have these symptoms now need to self isolate 10 days according to BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool? What if you slept on the wrong side and now you have muscle pain or stay up all night and watch TV and now you feel tired.

I made the wrong judgement call when I had the fever earlier which is most likely due to not wearing enough when I go out. On top after I saw the news that at a Wal mart where an employee got infected I immediately though I have it as well. But going back time that employee haven't worked there since March 20 and when I had the fever it was past 14 days when he worked. I have had no fever, coughing, sore throat, any symptoms since the fever went away on the 2nd day after I got it.

If anyone wants to try just go to https://bc.thrive.health/ and the questions they ask aren't even that detail enough to tell the difference if you have a common cold or if you have the CoVID19. Just try answering yes to any of the questions and it will ask you to self isolate. The person on the end of 811 were just asking the exact same question didn't offer to ask other follow up questions.
Bruh. Everyone is senstive right now, even if you have a cold you should stay at home for 2 weeks until your symptoms go away. Try not to be a selfish dick for once would ya?

And your logic is fu*king dumb. so if you had 5 out of the 10 symptoms are you going to say "well it's not all of the listed symptoms so i'm going to still go out in public"
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 12:58 PM   #4137
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
You fuck. My wife just went to the Westwood Superstore last night.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #4138
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,989 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:

Cough
Fever
Muscle aches
Fatigue
Sore Throat
Headache
Loss of appetite
Chills
Nausea and vomiting
Diarrhea

bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #4139
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
For people that live along and have little social support in the city. How are they suppose to get grocery and other essentials they need to be hole up in their apartment for 14 days?

Instacart is getting overwhelm and is showing unavailable for most areas. I guess you could get skip the dishes? But that going to deplete your rainy day funds real quick if you are going to do that 3 times a day. How about stuff like shampoo, tooth paste etc?
At this point if someone is so unprepared that they're letting themselves run completely out of food & toiletries to the point where they would need to order delivery for the entire 14 days I'm concerned about their ability to remember how to breathe.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #4140
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
Same, mine’s on recirculate all the time. Granted, I’m not wearing a mask inside the car; those are for grocery shopping only.

What do you guys think about neighbourhood walks — is a mask warranted? There are studies showing breath exhalation lingering for over a minute, but those are conducted in an indoor environment.
Honestly, if it's that airborne, there is no point in any of the measures. May as well just give up and take your chances.

Your house/apartment have to pull air somewhere, and some of it comes from outside. If the virus is that effective at being transmitted through air, then your house isn't safe, either.

As for driving, other than the odd case of douchebag kids vaping in your face, as you are driving down the street, I doubt there is any risk as long as you are moving.

As long as you are keeping distance with people I wouldn't worry much about a walk in the park. I do use masks in grocery stores due to difficulty keeping distance with others.

Remember that scientists/doctors/engineers usually account for worst case scenarios where everything is set up perfectly for virus spread to warn people about it(or for fear mongering depending on your view), except real life isn't always about worst case scenarios. A lot of people think that the virus symptoms will onset after exactly 2 weeks, but the mean average is more like 5 to 7, with 14 being a reasonable upper limit.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #4141
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
pray for the people who works at the superstore he went to
Did you happen to go to this one ? I got this in the email today. Oh never mind. This was already posted.

Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:38 PM   #4142
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Had to go into the Crystal mall loading bay and adjoining tower today for work, fuck felt like epicentre lol..Seemingly business as usual there with little to no social distancing but everyone was wearing a mask (and first time I’ve put one on lol :s)
Old 04-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #4143
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
Quote:
No sypmtons for the past 3 days. I also try their app which is pretty stupid basically if you answer yes to any of their questions they all suggest you to stay home for 10 days. Even if you just answer I got sore throat. All they are pretty saying is even if you have a common cold stay home coz they won't let you do a test or see you in person or even call you to get more of a detail about your issue. Download the app and try it yourself.
I hope you weren't the person who went into superstore by Rupert.

Last edited by ilovebacon; 04-16-2020 at 02:51 PM.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #4144

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Serious questions.

Korean government is providing daily care kit for people they are imposing mandatory quarantine on. While we are telling people to stay inside, we will be sending the police to check on you randomly. But provide no direction as to how they are suppose to live for that two weeks.

It won't be a problem if you have an existing social support network within the city, and somebody to shop for you. Thats not going to be the case for everyone.

Its wrong but there are going to be people that will ignore the stay and home order because they have to.
I would turn to social media, non emergency line or my neighbors for help.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #4145

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
https://twitter.com/MOFA_Taiwan/stat...38751078195201

Japan worked a deal with Taiwan to get masks

Still waiting on Canada to do the same

Tell your leaders that Taiwan can make enough masks, get some from them for your people!
Our government won't be utilizing masks until our WHO overlords permit it.
Just like the antibody tests that we manufacture for many other countries but cannot utilize for ourselves.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/antibody-tes...ions-1.5533588
Quote:
Rapid antibody blood tests are being made in Canada, but Health Canada has yet to approve them for use during this pandemic. Health Canada told CBC News it is following the guidelines of the World Health Organization, "which does not currently recommend serological [blood] tests for clinical diagnosis."
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:57 PM   #4146
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Had to go into the Crystal mall loading bay and adjoining tower today for work, fuck felt like epicentre lol..Seemingly business as usual there with little to no social distancing but everyone was wearing a mask (and first time I’ve put one on lol :s)
why would you go there?

before stay at home orders with the covid scare that mall was a ghost town...only times you'd find an empty food court at lunch time there

serious note, what's going on the with hilton, major reno? any idea when they'll open their lounge again (after all this covid stuff ends of course)

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:01 PM   #4147
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Can we just get an IP ban on him, please?

He's clearly fucking stupid and has a clear disregard for everyone's health. Nothing we say or do here will change the fact that he'll do him. If that's the case, we might as well just IP ban him so we no longer need to read his useless bullshit.

The fact that he's justifying his actions speaks to the kind of person he is and the mental capacity he has for how severe this pandemic is to not just us, but all our parents that are in the high risk category.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 03:03 PM   #4148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Out of all places you went into crystal mall...
I guess it doesn't really matter anymore. The whole world is infected.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #4149
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Had to to work for unfortunately.

Well..I didn’t really “have to” but it was in an attempt to help a junior guy who would have spent 10 times the time in there if I hadn’t come along
Old 04-16-2020, 03:06 PM   #4150
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
A while ago I suspected that mr.happyslip was a troll account someone runs as an alt. Now I am like99% sure, because nobody who reads this thread (hell he started it) would be this stupid.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote