REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #4151
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-8Tv1Ih...d=jolr54p93mta

Dumbass
Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #4152
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 20 Times in 8 Posts
So many reports of people being infectious even if asymptomatic and this dude thinks you need like every listed symptom to really confirm it lmao
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #4153
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
Same, mine’s on recirculate all the time. Granted, I’m not wearing a mask inside the car; those are for grocery shopping only.
I just thought of something. Notice how you're driving and then suddenly your windshield gets wet but it's not raining? Well it's the car in front of you spraying windshield washer fluid on their windows. So mist or water droplets from the passengers in the car in front of you (if they spit or couch or sneeze or exhale their vape with the window open) can potentially travel to your car.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:48 PM   #4154
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
why would you go there?
There are still essential workers working.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #4155
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
A while ago I suspected that mr.happyslip was a troll account someone runs as an alt. Now I am like99% sure, because nobody who reads this thread (hell he started it) would be this stupid.
No. Some people are just selfish and don't have the capacity to think of anyone but themselves. Starting the thread could merely be them thinking "hey, this problem is happening somewhere else, who is going to help me here in Canada?"

Now, once they get sick. Their reasoning just goes to "I can't be the problem, i'm better than everyone else, fuck everyone else"
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #4156
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
https://www.susanstandfield.com/mooi.html

Dumb broad who is probably trying to bait people on her Instagram page and look at her shitty clothing line. (Guilty. Couldn't resist not looking at this moron)

Wouldn't be surprised if she's anti vaccine and a flat earther as well..
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 05:16 PM   #4157

Failed 79 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Our government won't be utilizing masks until our WHO overlords permit it.
Just like the antibody tests that we manufacture for many other countries but cannot utilize for ourselves.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/antibody-tes...ions-1.5533588
was approved Sunday
Old 04-16-2020, 06:19 PM   #4158
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
are the parks closed? Like deer lake etc.
My neighbor went to Deer Lake the other day and told me there are signs directing people to only walk the perimeter in one direction, to ensure social distancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Serious questions.

For people that live along and have little social support in the city. How are they suppose to get grocery and other essentials they need to be hole up in their apartment for 14 days?

Instacart is getting overwhelm and is showing unavailable for most areas. I guess you could get skip the dishes? But that going to deplete your rainy day funds real quick if you are going to do that 3 times a day. How about stuff like shampoo, tooth paste etc?

Korean government is providing daily care kit for people they are imposing mandatory quarantine on. While we are telling people to stay inside, we will be sending the police to check on you randomly. But provide no direction as to how they are suppose to live for that two weeks.

It won't be a problem if you have an existing social support network within the city, and somebody to shop for you. Thats not going to be the case for everyone.

Its wrong but there are going to be people that will ignore the stay and home order because they have to.
Another good reason to get to know your neighbors. They're not all winners but it's not hard to find the ones who will help you out (or could use your help) when someone's in a bind.

A few people in my complex go door to door every week to check on the older folks, to see if they need supplies. My next door neighbor and I take turns going grocery shopping and give eachother a heads up if we're heading to a store, to see if we need anything. No man is an island.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #4159
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
ER doctor in Vancouver self-isolates from loved ones, desperate plea goes viral

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – You may have seen the image — children seen standing up against a window, taken by a mother with a desperate plea amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

A Vancouver emergency room doctor has now gone weeks without holding her daughters after deciding to isolate from them to reduce the risk of possibly transmitting the virus to her loved ones.

“In the four nights before I made the decision I laid awake like crying, like it’s really hard to decide you’re gonna isolate from your kids and the rest of your family,” Anna Carvalho told CityNews Vancouver in an exclusive interview.

The single mother tweeted out the picture to her modest 300 followers, along with the message, “My increased exposure means that I have chosen to isolate from my family, to keep them safe. This is how I see my daughters (pictured with their cousins, with whom they’re staying). If I can do this, you can stay home.”

https://twitter.com/thelastanna/stat...067091968?s=20

Hmm ... you used to be able to link a tweet and it would show up, what happened?

Last edited by whitev70r; 04-16-2020 at 06:43 PM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 06:29 PM   #4160

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
https://www.susanstandfield.com/mooi.html

Dumb broad who is probably trying to bait people on her Instagram page and look at her shitty clothing line. (Guilty. Couldn't resist not looking at this moron)

Wouldn't be surprised if she's anti vaccine and a flat earther as well..
Then complains why she doesn't get the vaccine first when/if they make one.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #4161
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Serious questions.
For people that live along and have little social support in the city. How are they suppose to get grocery and other essentials they need to be hole up in their apartment for 14 days?
There are actually a lot of avenue.
1st: family friends... siblings... and close friends...

1) There are free /no contact groceries delivery by volunteers willing to do this.
2) Organizations are offering free meals (some even gift cards) no questions asked to be delivered to your house.
3) Heck, even on FB marketplace, there are people willing to help.

*you get pic of recipe and you send them e-transfer.

Of course... seniors are ones toughest; which have no internet / lack of etc. Which is also why i've posted since early march I saw this sector of need and I offer delivery of cooked meals to anyone who asks.

*oh... Men in Kilts are offering free grocery deliveries + mobility challenged too ...amazing company to be doing this.

Last edited by 6793026; 04-16-2020 at 07:40 PM.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #4162
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts

Still not even close to the real number, so I don't know why they bother
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #4163
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
Regarding threezero's question:

Sometimes we forget how multicultural our city is. There are a lot of people new to our country who don't speak the language and/or don't have any friends yet that they can count on for help. I have translated for some of these cases at the hospital. Depending on the timing, they may have come to a new country at the absolute worst time just out of shit luck because of this virus. I hope anyone is this type of situation at least tries to reach out and figure out how to keep themselves locked down as much as possible.

This is when it's particularly helpful to be a good neighbour.

side note: dbaz lives!
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:18 PM   #4164
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
I just thought of something. Notice how you're driving and then suddenly your windshield gets wet but it's not raining? Well it's the car in front of you spraying windshield washer fluid on their windows. So mist or water droplets from the passengers in the car in front of you (if they spit or couch or sneeze or exhale their vape with the window open) can potentially travel to your car.
I'm sorry, but if spit/cough/sneeze comes out at the same velocity, pressure, and volume as windshield fluid, the whole world would have died twice.

Last edited by inv4zn; 04-16-2020 at 08:29 PM.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #4165
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I'm sorry, but if spit/cough/sneeze comes out at the same pressure and volume as windshield fluid, the whole world would have died twice.
I was amused..........

==========================
On a side note.......

Still no apology from our hero to zero. Must think he's right, then. Lost all my respect and the tiny amount of support I had for him. Fuck him, then. I guess you guys knew him better than me.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #4166
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
side note: dbaz lives!
Can't keep a good man down.............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:13 PM   #4167
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
People are starting to lose their shit.

Was lining up to get into Sungiven Foods on Hastings yesterday, stood in line for around 30 mins to get in.

A middle-aged Asian gentleman in line behind me was standing a smidge too close to the driving path, and he was having a great conversation on his phone so I would assume he was completely oblivious to where he was standing, given the volume of his voice (read: yelling).

A late model Kia Optima pulls into the parking lot and starts driving down the road. When he gets to the Asian gentleman, who was blocking the road by about around 10ft, instead of honking, or opening his window to tell him to move aside, or any of the million other ways he probably could've gotten him to move, this fat overweight fuck of a retiree driver decides to HIT THIS GUY WITH HIS FUCKING CAR. I couldn't fucking believe my eyes. Dude almost fell to the ground after being nudged so forcefully. The whole lineup was staring at the driver, he just shrugged and drove off.

Completely fucking ridicilous. I've been saying this since this whole coronavirus shit started, and I'll continue saying it, people's true colours are beginning to show, and it's really damn ugly. As many good things there are going on in the world, just as many, if not more negative and frankly completely disgusting things are happening that are making me lose faith in humanity in ways I've never thought I would.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2020, 09:30 PM   #4168
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
I hope someone did the right thing and called the police and took a photo of the plates.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #4169

Failed 286 Times in 94 Posts
just give mr happy slip a toilet seat from airline for mr happy slip to LICK
danned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #4170
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
ER doctor in Vancouver self-isolates from loved ones, desperate plea goes viral

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – You may have seen the image — children seen standing up against a window, taken by a mother with a desperate plea amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

A Vancouver emergency room doctor has now gone weeks without holding her daughters after deciding to isolate from them to reduce the risk of possibly transmitting the virus to her loved ones.

“In the four nights before I made the decision I laid awake like crying, like it’s really hard to decide you’re gonna isolate from your kids and the rest of your family,” Anna Carvalho told CityNews Vancouver in an exclusive interview.

The single mother tweeted out the picture to her modest 300 followers, along with the message, “My increased exposure means that I have chosen to isolate from my family, to keep them safe. This is how I see my daughters (pictured with their cousins, with whom they’re staying). If I can do this, you can stay home.”

https://twitter.com/thelastanna/stat...067091968?s=20

Hmm ... you used to be able to link a tweet and it would show up, what happened?
Delete the ?s=20 at the end

Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2020, 12:08 AM   #4171
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
People are starting to lose their shit.

Was lining up to get into Sungiven Foods on Hastings yesterday, stood in line for around 30 mins to get in.

A middle-aged Asian gentleman in line behind me was standing a smidge too close to the driving path, and he was having a great conversation on his phone so I would assume he was completely oblivious to where he was standing, given the volume of his voice (read: yelling).

A late model Kia Optima pulls into the parking lot and starts driving down the road. When he gets to the Asian gentleman, who was blocking the road by about around 10ft, instead of honking, or opening his window to tell him to move aside, or any of the million other ways he probably could've gotten him to move, this fat overweight fuck of a retiree driver decides to HIT THIS GUY WITH HIS FUCKING CAR. I couldn't fucking believe my eyes. Dude almost fell to the ground after being nudged so forcefully. The whole lineup was staring at the driver, he just shrugged and drove off.

Completely fucking ridicilous. I've been saying this since this whole coronavirus shit started, and I'll continue saying it, people's true colours are beginning to show, and it's really damn ugly. As many good things there are going on in the world, just as many, if not more negative and frankly completely disgusting things are happening that are making me lose faith in humanity in ways I've never thought I would.
Ive seen a lot of idiot drivers/road rage recently.. its like there are less ppl on the road, cuz most of the sensible ppl are staying at home, but all the morons are still going out (makes sense)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2020, 12:13 AM   #4172
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 14 Times in 8 Posts
A work acquaintance just told me what happened to them regarding the enforcement of the 14 day self isolation period.

They just recently returned to Canada from abroad and is currently serving the 14 days self isolation. They got a phone call yesterday evening and the person on the phone identified themselves as a RCMP Officer and asked how they're doing and where about were they at.

They told the Officer they were home serving the 14 day period, the Officer on the phone said "Great. I'm outside on your drive way, can you please come to your front door and wave to me?" They opened there door and there was a cruiser on their drive way. So they waved while still on the phone and the Officer supposedly matched their photos on file then thanked them and left.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:58 AM   #4173
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishCak3s View Post
A work acquaintance just told me what happened to them regarding the enforcement of the 14 day self isolation period.

They just recently returned to Canada from abroad and is currently serving the 14 days self isolation. They got a phone call yesterday evening and the person on the phone identified themselves as a RCMP Officer and asked how they're doing and where about were they at.

They told the Officer they were home serving the 14 day period, the Officer on the phone said "Great. I'm outside on your drive way, can you please come to your front door and wave to me?" They opened there door and there was a cruiser on their drive way. So they waved while still on the phone and the Officer supposedly matched their photos on file then thanked them and left.
Taiwan does the same thing with multiple daily check-ins, but they also track you via GPS on your phone.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2020, 02:22 AM   #4174
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:34 AM   #4175
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishCak3s View Post

The real issue is trying to self isolate when returning aboard to an asian household living with 2 other families. They can infect their family members who need to goto work to pay the bills. I have a hard time believing everyone will be honest and can avoid contamination in this predicament.

Last edited by Ludepower; 04-17-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote